Why has nothing happened yet? | Things are now happening

Okey

Just came to ask if we can officially start losing our rags over nothing happening yet. Or how much longer do we have to wait?

red4ever 79

Yes. You could argue that. Players fancy the fancy managers and that is understandable. But to put the blame on Ole not being a fancy manager/not having a lenghty carreer or a bulky trophy cabinet is being a little simplist.

Ok, lets asume that not one player fancy playing under Ole. Would that be enough to understand the lack of transfer activity? We should have a lot more arguments to talk about the incompetence of the board. Should't it be their job to 'sell' the club, the project and the workplace to the incoming players? Better take a weight off of Ole's shoulder and let him do his job the best he can. If he proves he isn't good then we should be looking at his flaws and his incompetence. I dont really think its about time for that.
Players are attracted by a few different things in my opinion
$$$ - We can pay that
Wanting to play for a manager - Jury is out on Ole
Champions League - We dont have it
The Project - Do people want to be part of a rebuild?

Foxbatt

Absolutely fed up with Woodward now. Now they have extended the contract of Mata. No one of any prominence will be bought . Woodward can go to hell.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Players are attracted by a few different things in my opinion
$$$ - We can pay that
Wanting to play for a manager - Jury is out on Ole
Champions League - We dont have it
The Project - Do people want to be part of a rebuild?
The thing about 'The Project' it has apparently been going on since SAF left and we are still in disarray. So no, I think top players are now very wary of risking their careers coming here. They will all be watching the Pogba situation, the Lukaku situation, how seemingly Herrera was treat, DDG contract talks, Rashford contract talks. It is not encouraging. Darmian signed as an Italian international, now nowhere near the team at United or Italy. Martial either was never that good or has regressed badly. There is a long list.

Chairman Steve

I’m worried and pissed off wondering what they’ve been actually doing all this time. Even at Christmas this past season was a write off and was basically seen as a period to review all the squad, give a new manager a head start on doing that then buying players nice and early.

Yet here we are going at oil tanker pace on closing deals out and shifting players on. Are we seriously going to keep Darmian for another year? Are we really dragging our heels on buying an actual right back? Every one and their dog knows it’s a blatant weak point of ours so of course clubs are going to exploit it. Pretty sure that’s how Liverpool had to end up paying ridiculous money for Van Dijk because everyone knew they didn’t have one good centre back in their setup.

I only hope that we’re doing deals in preparation for selling Pogba and Lukaku, and that lots of deals will filter through when they’re sold... Ed is like a more annoying of Daniel Levy where they’ll both drag sagas for more money for selling or less money when buying but at the detriment of their teams... However Levy doesn’t have Utds revenue and he doesn’t go out and gloat to the whole world how much money we make, and then wonders why we’re being charged more.

Ed comes from the mergers and acquisitions sector of the financial world where I imagine ruthlessness, decisiveness and proactiveness are key characteristics. How has this not seemingly carried over to sports management after six years of being in it?

Rusholme Ruffian

Pretty sure that’s how Liverpool had to end up paying ridiculous money for Van Dijk because everyone knew they didn’t have one good centre back in their setup.
Yep, and actually that £75 million turned out to be a bargain in terms of what he brought to the team. If that's what it costs, then that is what it costs - the rumours today that we value Maguire at £40 million must be some kind of joke? I mean, if we only think he's worth £40 million why the feck do we want to sign him?!

Gasolin

Yep, and actually that £75 million turned out to be a bargain in terms of what he brought to the team. If that's what it costs, then that is what it costs - the rumours today that we value Maguire at £40 million must be some kind of joke? I mean, if we only think he's worth £40 million why the feck do we want to sign him?!
Maybe that means we have De Ligt? I don't know, this is me hoping :lol::lol::lol:

Seven Seas Sardines

• New DoF
  • Dream signings
  • Bin deadwood
  • Prevent stars from leaving
Things Woodward has promised and neglected, seemingly on purpose. Even the Glazers must realise they need a football head once we are bottom half by Christmas and their most marketable asset is on strike to leave.

manuchamp88

I’m worried and pissed off wondering what they’ve been actually doing all this time. Even at Christmas this past season was a write off and was basically seen as a period to review all the squad, give a new manager a head start on doing that then buying players nice and early.

Yet here we are going at oil tanker pace on closing deals out and shifting players on. Are we seriously going to keep Darmian for another year? Are we really dragging our heels on buying an actual right back? Every one and their dog knows it’s a blatant weak point of ours so of course clubs are going to exploit it. Pretty sure that’s how Liverpool had to end up paying ridiculous money for Van Dijk because everyone knew they didn’t have one good centre back in their setup.

I only hope that we’re doing deals in preparation for selling Pogba and Lukaku, and that lots of deals will filter through when they’re sold... Ed is like a more annoying of Daniel Levy where they’ll both drag sagas for more money for selling or less money when buying but at the detriment of their teams... However Levy doesn’t have Utds revenue and he doesn’t go out and gloat to the whole world how much money we make, and then wonders why we’re being charged more.

Ed comes from the mergers and acquisitions sector of the financial world where I imagine ruthlessness, decisiveness and proactiveness are key characteristics. How has this not seemingly carried over to sports management after six years of being in it?
Totally. Perhaps it's time for some protests?

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
This is shaping up to being another bad summer for us. Can't sell some of the deadwood, the others are getting bumper new contracts. I'm predicting 3 signings at the most, including James and probably AWB. There's not going to be space in the squad anyway.

soaphroniscuss

Ole's got nothing to do with the lack of activity. Those who say that he's happy with the squad are just simply fast talking bs-iters. I think he's just coming to the understanding that the board is incompetent and that MU is no candyland no more. We cannot sign because we dont have good negotiators and obviously we lack a proper future plan for the sporting side. We're poorly run, and its not a matter of OGS. Of course he'll come out and try to steady the ship from the discourse because that's his mentality and he's right about it. The real work will need to be made in the training ground with whatever squad they make available to him (and to us).
He should have noticed earlier. And he is free to leave at any point.

soaphroniscuss

It's a closed club, (old boys network), with very little competition and he is a graduate of Bristol University.

Infra-red

It's a closed club, (old boys network), with very little competition and he is a graduate of Bristol University.
Sounds like the senior management structure of our club. Ed Woodward (Executive Vice Chairman), Matt Judge (Head of Corporate Development & Player Negotiations) and Richard Arnold (Group Managing Director) - all old mates from Bristol Uni and former PWC colleagues.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
This is going to be one of our worst summers ever.
Losing key players and our only world class players, Pogba, De Gea, Lukaku, Herrera, Alexis out. And so far only James in and renewing contracts of players nobody else would want. Plus Ole.

Sterling Archer

C'mon guys. Our manager was just appointed after a thorough interview process and vetting. Oh wait...

Hawks2008

C'mon guys. Our manager was just appointed after a thorough interview process and vetting. Oh wait...
Could you imagine if we hired someone like Zidane and then gave him this window compared to the signings Madrid are giving him? Club is making every effort to finish 9th.

BlueHaze

Keep in mind Ole said he wanted all business to be done by pre season which begins in 3 weeks and so far we have only signed James. Pretty damning..

ForestRGoinUp

Keep in mind Ole said he wanted all business to be done by pre season which begins in 3 weeks and so far we have only signed James. Pretty damning..
Unclear still is how much Ole himself is playing a role in keeping our top targets away.

Sterling Archer

Could you imagine if we hired someone like Zidane and then gave him this window compared to the signings Madrid are giving him? Club is making every effort to finish 9th.
You'd probably still have some folks backing Woodward for some reason.

It just makes it all the worse knowing he's flaunted about doing things in the transfer market that others only dream of

Tensing7

Woodward cycle of short term planning. Buy high, sell low. The board have realised this but the echoes remain. Titanic doesn't turn sharply

Irwin99

Did he really say that? Wow if he did. I've been saying for awhile that every single manager we've had post SAF has complained about preseason, both the commercial demands taking precedence over actual quality preparation and signings being made/not being made at the right time. Will be interesting to see if Ole joins that list and makes it 4 out 4.

ForestRGoinUp

Cant stand this Ole blaming sh;t, it's absolutely nonsense. I would first cast a doubt on the role Brexit is playing in keeping top targets away....
Can’t stand this sensitivity sh!t if I’m being honest. It’s far from unreasonable to wonder on an open forum if players are reluctant to join a club in turmoil with an unproven manager.

Darlington Padgett

9th? I can see us finishing out of the top 10. Its looking more and more likely that our form from the end of the season might be coming to this new season. We have a rookie manager, our best players are asking to leave, we've signed one player who has a ton of potential but is not ready yet. We lost one starter and is looking more and more likely that Pogba will leave and that our midfield gone. We don't have a defense and our only attacker who can actually score more than 20 goals is asking to leave. Rashford, Lingard and Martial is not going to get anywhere.

romufc

The only way the club or the owners will understand enough is enough when the ££ dries up.. maybe the fact that season tickets were all sold, they thought brilliant don’t need to spend money.
If United fans can see the problems, why can’t none of the board ? Surely they must have people who know what the fans are thinking? This is a disgrace, Ed Woodward is a hypocrite by promising
A. A DOF before a permanent manager
B. Over £200m to spend - but in reality we have £15m on a championship player.

At this rate, I wouldn’t be surprised if we finished below 10th... probably not even watch the games as protest.

ForestRGoinUp

The only way the club or the owners will understand enough is enough when the ££ dries up.. maybe the fact that season tickets were all sold, they thought brilliant don’t need to spend money.
If United fans can see the problems, why can’t none of the board ? Surely they must have people who know what the fans are thinking? This is a disgrace, Ed Woodward is a hypocrite by promising
A. A DOF before a permanent manager
B. Over £200m to spend - but in reality we have £15m on a championship player.

At this rate, I wouldn’t be surprised if we finished below 10th... probably not even watch the games as protest.
They’ll (The Glazers) will be monitoring each new round of sponsorships. If the numbers are flat or decline they’ll know that Ed’s time is up which likely means their time is up.

Mind you if we’re tickling the relegation zone in December they may bail on it.