Why hasn't anyone used this tactic yet?

SiRed

Why dont we get De Gea to wear an extra baggy top. When he plays a one - two... three-four off the head of Phil Jones and the opponents begin to Mark Jones and De Gea - DDG should then place the ball up his top as if to simulate male pregnancy. He can then keep the ball there for the remaining 30 mins of the match or if he fancies a go at goal, he could run upfield. Job done.

fontaine

Ful Ful Ful Member Full Member Full Member
I finally did this playing with my friends. They were shook, didn't know how to stop it.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
It's still equally unfair as it was when you first started the thread. Just give it up.

RedRevongge

To close out a game, get the ball in play and all the players to do this around it

The other team would have no chance of winning the ball back without fouling. Take the free kick and repeat

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
It´s not a bad idea in the last minutes. Goalie sends all players forward for a resumably long kick. Then one of his own players runs back quickly umarked and does the header thing. Probably takes an additional 30 seconds off the clock.

Ricardo de la Vega

Because all the other team would have to do to negate it is start marking the defender tightly - then he'd likely mess it up - or itd be a risk of messing it up or intercepting it and it would be in a very dangerous area to do it. So that's why.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
The thread turned out to be bad because of the rule they found out, NOT beause of your guys counter arguments. "Oh, just someone to mark the defender!" What? My 7 FT TALL DEFENDER? Remember, footballers are usually like 5'10. It would look like this (Also, GK are tall and have loong arms)

ffs :lol::lol: I've been laughing like a lunatic for a good few minutes now.

Rory 7

I hope you all realise that before passing the ball back to the keeper was outlawed Liverpool won 18 league titles and 4 European Cups. Please stop encouraging this type of thing.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I finally did this playing with my friends. They were shook, didn't know how to stop it.
I'm not surprised because either the ref was on your side or he doesn't know the rules.

From Laws of the game page 123 regarding Cautions for unsporting behavior
acts in a manner which shows a lack of respect for the game

uses a deliberate trick while the ball is in play to pass the ball to his own
goalkeeper with his head, chest, knee, etc. in order to circumvent the Law,
irrespective of whether the goalkeeper touches the ball with his hands or
not. The offence is committed by the player in attempting to circumvent
both the letter and the spirit of Law 12 and play is restarted with an indirect
free kick

uses a deliberate trick to pass the ball to his own goalkeeper to circumvent
the Law while he is taking a free kick (after the player is cautioned, the free
kick must be retaken)

Sad Chris

This tactic is against the rules. The ref will give a yellow card and indirect free kick. Here is the quote from the FIFA laws of the game (in bold):

Cautions for unsporting behaviour

There are different circumstances when a player must be cautioned for unsporting behaviour, e.g. if a player:
• commits in a reckless manner one of the seven offences that incur a direct free kick
• commits a foul for the tactical purpose of interfering with or breaking up a promising attack
• holds an opponent for the tactical purpose of pulling the opponent away from the ball or preventing the opponent from getting to the ball
• handles the ball to prevent an opponent gaining possession or developing an attack (other than the goalkeeper within his own penalty area)
• handles the ball in an attempt to score a goal (irrespective of whether or not the attempt is successful).
• attempts to deceive the referee by feigning injury or pretending to have been fouled (simulation)
• changes places with the goalkeeper during play or without the referee’s permission
• acts in a manner which shows a lack of respect for the game
• plays the ball when he is walking off the field of play after being granted permission to leave the field of play
• verbally distracts an opponent during play or at a restart
• makes unauthorised marks on the field of play
• uses a deliberate trick while the ball is in play to pass the ball to his own goalkeeper with his head, chest, knee, etc. in order to circumvent the Law, irrespective of whether the goalkeeper touches the ball with his hands or not. The offence is committed by the player in attempting to circumvent both the letter and the spirit of Law 12 and play is restarted with an indirect free kick
• uses a deliberate trick to pass the ball to his own goalkeeper to circumvent the Law while he is taking a free kick (after the player is cautioned, the free kick must be retaken)
I'm sorry to correct you but that's an old version. Version 2.0 of the FIFA laws of the game states following:
• uses a deliberate trick while the ball is in play to pass the ball to his own goalkeeper with his head, chest, knee, etc. in order to circumvent the Law, irrespective of whether the goalkeeper touches the ball with his hands or not. The offence is committed by the player in attempting to circumvent both the letter and the spirit of Law 12 and play is restarted with an indirect free kick unless the offender can provide a drawing publicly posted on an internet forum to prove it is physically possible.

Devillish

You could throw the ball anywhere on the pitch and it would hit Ronaldo's head. :smirk:

Abizzz

No, there’s a line through his name for me.
Ha weird, there isn't for me. But now that you've said it I haven't seen the line through username thing in ages, so my browser probably just isn't showing it.

Shame, he was entertaining at times.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
It will only result in a new rule.

The keeper can't grab hold of the ball when it's headed back to him