Why is no-one talking about Parma?

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
And update on this:

Parma will be playing in Serie D next season. Buyers backed out of buying the club because of the large debts, plus the fact they have 99 contracted players and 15 co-owned players
Why on earth do they have 99 contracted players?

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
They had 226 a few months ago..

This is a satirical article poking fun at it:

Cash-strapped Italian side Parma have had to significantly cut back their squad. Back of the Net has the details...

In a bid to balance the books, Serie A side Parma have reluctantly released 976,000 members of their first-team squad.

Faced with debts of around £145 million, Parma have had to take drastic measures to free up capital.

The Emilia-Romagna outfit grudgingly auctioned off the 1999 UEFA Cup trophy, but they were still left £144,999,990 in the red.

Puzzled club officials opened the books and were surprised to find they had contracts with roughly one in every 20 adult males in Italy, as well as co-owning the Sampdoria mascot, béchamel sauce, the colour cyan and a fifth of Bruno Tonioli.

“It is with regret that we will have to cancel the contracts of so many players, who we believe have been faithful servants to this club,” a statement on the club’s website said.

“We will go forward with a bare-bones squad of 35 and will have to accept the risks that come with not having 450 backup goalkeepers spread out across the country playing for other clubs, often against us.”

Among those whose contracts have been torn up is 31-year-old striker Antonio Floro Flores, who currently plays at Sassuolo.

“I wasn’t aware I was owned by Parma,” he told FourFourTwo.

“In fact I’m almost certain that I wasn’t. I haven’t even been to Parma. I had lunch once in Ravenna, but that doesn’t count does it?

“Still, it’s a sad day for me and I want to thank all the Parma fans and everyone at the club for their support.”

Delivery driver Massimo Ribaldi was also disappointed to receive a letter confirming his contract termination.

“It’s come as a blow to me,” the 54-year-old admitted. “Even though I don’t really care for football and can’t say I’ve ever been to a game, I always felt that given a decent run in the side I could prove myself.

“However, there are no hard feelings. I won’t celebrate if I successfully deliver a package to Modena.”

thejtrain

“In fact I’m almost certain that I wasn’t. I haven’t even been to Parma. I had lunch once in Ravenna, but that doesn’t count does it?

“Still, it’s a sad day for me and I want to thank all the Parma fans and everyone at the club for their support.”

Delivery driver Massimo Ribaldi was also disappointed to receive a letter confirming his contract termination.

“It’s come as a blow to me,” the 54-year-old admitted. “Even though I don’t really care for football and can’t say I’ve ever been to a game, I always felt that given a decent run in the side I could prove myself.

“However, there are no hard feelings. I won’t celebrate if I successfully deliver a package to Modena.”
:lol:

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
CSKA Sofia also dropped to the 4th division I think. The club with most titles in Bulgaria, also very surprising.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
They had 226 a few months ago..

This is a satirical article poking fun at it:

Cash-strapped Italian side Parma have had to significantly cut back their squad. Back of the Net has the details...

In a bid to balance the books, Serie A side Parma have reluctantly released 976,000 members of their first-team squad.

Faced with debts of around £145 million, Parma have had to take drastic measures to free up capital.

The Emilia-Romagna outfit grudgingly auctioned off the 1999 UEFA Cup trophy, but they were still left £144,999,990 in the red.

Puzzled club officials opened the books and were surprised to find they had contracts with roughly one in every 20 adult males in Italy, as well as co-owning the Sampdoria mascot, béchamel sauce, the colour cyan and a fifth of Bruno Tonioli.

“It is with regret that we will have to cancel the contracts of so many players, who we believe have been faithful servants to this club,” a statement on the club’s website said.

“We will go forward with a bare-bones squad of 35 and will have to accept the risks that come with not having 450 backup goalkeepers spread out across the country playing for other clubs, often against us.”

Among those whose contracts have been torn up is 31-year-old striker Antonio Floro Flores, who currently plays at Sassuolo.

No. :lol::lol:

Brilliant.

Btw how can you have 250 players under contract that apparently play somewhere and not generate at least €100M in transfer fees? That´s just 400k on average. And they had a few World Cup participants on their roster.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Very good article here about the plight of Parma, and the state of Italian football generally. Incredible stuff. Especially the Manenti side of the story.

http://www.theguardian.com/football...-the-football-club-milked-for-all-their-worth
"We are universally known for the fact that you can come here with your babies and your girls and nobody will punch you and spit at you just because you have the shirt of the other team"
Not a particularly prideful thing to be "universally known for"...I'd have gone with the cheese.

Marty1968

250 players and still couldn't get enough points to stay up....surprised Benitez went to Madrid...this Parma squad would have been perfect for his squad rotation tactics!

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Not a particularly prideful thing to be "universally known for"...I'd have gone with the cheese.
Well, if in every other Italian town you will get spat at and punched, even if with wife and kids, then apparently this really could be a source of pride.

Animals, the Italians, animals.

Red-Man-Walking

Fully Erect
Tragic stuff for the fans that clubs like this can crash so spectacularly down to earth due to corrupt practices.

On the plus side restoring Parma to former glory will be an interesting save on FM2016.

Last edited:

AkaAkuma

Tragic stuff for the fans that clubs like this can crash so spectacularly down to earth due to corrupt practices.

On the plus side restoring Parma to former glory will be an interesting save on FM2016.
Chiesa as assistant manager, Asprilla south american scout?

arthurka

Italy is a huge mess on and off the pitch..
And lets not get fooled here with Juve climbing where they belong this season. That won´t happen next season and many of their so called stars are going to leave the club as "better" clubs will aquire

Nothing in Italy should surprise you anymore..