Why is Scholesy banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaldwinLegend

Yes, they're predictable and pointless.

I struggle to see how you think that it's fairly reasonable, though. If anyone else explicitly said that they are certain a player they've seen a 5 minute clip of will be playing for a top 4 club very soon, they'd get abused. Surely you can see that?

Posting something controversial and then not substantiating it, in any way, is an indication of being a troll.
No it isn't.

You've very often made controversial and somewhat unsubstantiated posts yourself and yet aren't banned.

I don't see anything wrong with seeing a player in one game and then starting a thread about it saying you rate him and think he'll end up at a top club. FFS, if that's an example of what gets you banned from an internet football forum then it's ridiculous.

Personally, I found your habit of saying 'This is what Scholesy would say' in threads he'd never even visited more insulting, more predictable, patronising and more irritating than anything I ever read from Scholesy.

B Cantona

Desperate
It's the same thing. You wanted to know why he was banned - for being a WUM. Read below....

The Nani Nana thread, where you had a drama meltdown, and then said you weren't taking it seriously, and laughed it off. That was to save face once all the negative responses to your rants came in.

Looked pretty serious to me Brad.
Sultan said he was banned because it was turning into a farce for the forum, the fallout everytime he posted. He said he might be a WUM, he said he might not. He was the one who permanently banned him, different to what you say. Regardless, that was cleared up a long time ago in the thread, and isn't what we were talking about now. If you weren't being a prat and offering stupid trades me or him, you might have kept track

The Nani thread I defended a mate who I thought had been banned for the most petty trivial matter going. I certainly was never taking it that seriously, but made a good point that it was becoming ridiculously easy to get banned these days. You took it the wrong way, a personal affront it seems. I wasn't joking to save face, but you don't believe me anyway so there's little point trying to explain, you believe what you want to believe its becoming pretty clear

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
There's nothing wrong with that, he's a bit of a nutcase clearly but so what??

You've to be pretty sad to get affected by that.
Affected by it? I've no idea what you're on about...

It's an example of him being a troll. You seem to think there's nothing wrong with them so that's why you think there's nothing wrong with it.

The mods have always said they don't have time for trolls.

VP

Nani Nana has been banned permanently? He was one of the best posters on here.

BaldwinLegend

It's an example of him being a troll. You seem to think there's nothing wrong with them so that's why you think there's nothing wrong with it.

It's not an example of him being a troll - it's an example of him not meeting your imagined standards which you expect all posters on here to meet.

It's totally out of order to use that thread as evidence he's a troll - it's nothing of the sort.

phelans shorts

Wait, so starting a thread on a player you have limited knowledge of is trolling?

In that case ban anyone who has started a thread in the transfer forum.

Brwned

No it isn't.

You've very often made controversial and somewhat unsubstantiated posts yourself and yet aren't banned.

I don't see anything wrong with seeing a player in one game and then starting a thread about it saying you rate him and think he'll end up at a top club. FFS, if that's an example of what gets you banned from an internet football forum then it's ridiculous.

Personally, I found your habit of saying 'This is what Scholesy would say' in threads he'd never even visited more insulting, more predictable, patronising and more irritating than anything I ever read from Scholesy.
Once again you make things personal.

Well done Baldwin.

VP

No harm in a bit of wumming, everyone does it, i've done it, the mods have, if you take a step back you might notice this is an internet football forum which by definition is not serious at all.

If you had someone like Scholesy in the pub, you'd have a laugh or ignore him and just get on with it, not kick him out of the pub.

Brwned

Wait, so starting a thread on a player you have limited knowledge of is trolling?

In that case ban anyone who has started a thread in the transfer forum.
No, it's reinforcing a controversial point - I can tell if a player's good enough for the top four on the basis of a highlights clip - and then when challenged on this he doesn't back it up at all, he just makes other more controversial points or changes the subject.

The latter's more important than the former.

As has been said many times before, the Chief's made controversial points before but he'll always go to length to back up his own opinion. As will most others who regularly make controversial points. The rest don't regularly make controversial points because they don't want that much attention.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
He actually said that?

Maybe he was exaggerating?

Macheda has potential but he has looked pretty gash imo. :nervous:
He's looked like a 19 year old striker in fairness flashes of greatness though. An innate ability to finish that given Scholesey's propensity to mention abilities that can't be taught you'd think he'd of picked up on.

He just picks a name who might turn out alright who no one is talking about and hypes them to ridiculous levels. Deflouneso > Pato ?? Come on. That's not even being silly that's being contrary for the sake of it.

phelans shorts

No, it's reinforcing a controversial point - I can tell if a player's good enough for the top four on the basis of a highlights clip - and then when challenged on this he doesn't back it up at all, he just makes other more controversial points or changes the subject.

As has been said many times before, the Chief's made controversial points before but he'll always go to length to back up his own opinion. As will most others who regularly make controversial points. The rest don't regularly make controversial points because they don't want that much attention.
Have we not all seen a little of a player and got a sudden feeling they are something special?

I know I have, something I can't explain that just makes me think they are going to the top of the game, how do you explain the in-explainable?

Sure I like most when I get these feelings don't go as far as posting them because I can't back it up other than personal feeling, Scholesy wanted to get it out regardless, is that something that should be frowned upon?

BaldwinLegend

To who?

So what if he doesn't back his points up? What's the worst that can happen? Why are you beside yourself about it?

What is so controversial about watching a football game, and then starting a thread on an internet forum about how you were impressed by a player in the game? FFS - the player in question actually has been linked with Liverpool and Tottenham, it's not that controversial.

What's far worse are the idiotic responses he got in that thread, as well as the abuse he generally got. Why aren't you beside yourself about that, too?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
No harm in a bit of wumming, everyone does it, i've done it, the mods have, if you take a step back you might notice this is an internet football forum which by definition is not serious at all.

If you had someone like Scholesy in the pub, you'd have a laugh or ignore him and just get on with it, not kick him out of the pub.
That analogy doesn't work. If someone persistently acts bizarrely in discussions amongst a group of mates he'd end up excluded from that circle of friends. Which, loosely speaking, is what this place represents.

If he wants to make random comments about football to total strangers then there's dozens of other websites on which he can do do. He's not been kicked out of any pub, just excluded from a specific group within it.

As you keep saying yourself, talking football on the internet shouldn't be taken very seriously. On that basis, does the banning really such a big deal?

JayWalker

Ball Spotter
Still got the blues for you.. RIP The Loner. Hull
Have we not all seen a little of a player and got a sudden feeling they are something special?

I know I have, something I can't explain that just makes me think they are going to the top of the game, how do you explain the in-explainable?

Sure I like most when I get these feelings don't go as far as posting them because I can't back it up other than personal feeling, Scholesy wanted to get it out regardless, is that something that should be frowned upon?
In your opinion, without being inside the lads head you cannot prove it.

kietotheworld

I can understand not liking a player because of his personality, there are certain people I would never want to play for United because of their personalities, irrespective of how good they are.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
To who?

So what if he doesn't back his points up? What's the worst that can happen? Why are you beside yourself about it?

What is so controversial about watching a football game, and then starting a thread on an internet forum about how you were impressed by a player in the game? FFS - the player in question actually has been linked with Liverpool and Tottenham, it's not that controversial.

What's far worse are the idiotic responses he got in that thread, as well as the abuse he generally got. Why aren't you beside yourself about that, too?
He's clearly not "beside himself" about anything. He's making a point, in a very measured way.

You're just doing what you always do. Personalising the debate and attacking the person who made the post, as well as the content of their post. You've been targeting Brwned, individually, for a while now. You've previously been spiteful to Boss and Brophs (working your way the alphabet? are posters beginning with 'c' next?)

It's your perogative though. I'm guilty of something similar at times myself. More than a bit hypocritical coming from someone who is apparently on some sort of crusade against bullying on the caf, mind you.

RK

At the end of the day, if Scholesy's a WUM, he's won.

He could well be laughing his arse off reading us debating his posts when he's not even here.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
I can understand not liking a player because of his personality, there are certain people I would never want to play for United because of their personalities, irrespective of how good they are.
He's not talking about "certain players". He's talking about Danny Welbeck.

If you think that was a reasonable point to make, what insight do you and Scholesy have into his personality that escapes the rest of us?

JayWalker

Ball Spotter
What?

You seem to be of the impression that I made a statement about him, I was asking a question which your utterly hilarious reply made no sense of, so only but in if you have something relevant to say, deal?
Not really. That was a statement you made if you care to check it, now your post can be complied with the same very statement and it makes perfect sense, obviously it doesnt to you because you just felt an overwhelming urge to say something to me and now YOU cant substantiate that. Oh and it was rather hilarious because after I replied to your post, you conveniently chose to ignore it.

Carry on though, I can understand why you need to defend Scholesy.

Bearded but no genius

While we're banning useless plonkers and self-obsessed wankers who disrupt the forums at the drop of a hat there's one in this thread who sticks out like a sore baggsy.

JayWalker

Ball Spotter

If you think that was a reasonable point to make, what insight do you and Scholesy have into his personality that escapes the rest of us?
Thats just one of the examples.

Wasnt Scholesy the one who said " I dont like Evans' personality " and all that crap. Jesus.

phelans shorts

Well he's just made a character call, he feels that Welbeck has a similar character to these "certain players", where's the problem in that opinion?

B Cantona

Desperate
As you keep saying yourself, talking football on the internet shouldn't be taken very seriously. On that basis, does the banning really such a big deal?
This is silly Pogue. You've made nearly 50,000 posts on here, if you were booted tomorrow, you wouldn't be a tad upset? I'm sure for Scholesy, who's come back time after time to post here, it is something of a deal for him. You can take things less than seriously, but still be irked when you get turfed

TheReligion

Abusive
I think it's always a shame when you ban a poster who is serious about football and enjoys posting and contributing to the forum.

BaldwinLegend

He's clearly not "beside himself" about anything. He's making a point, in a very measured way.

You're just doing what you always do. Personalising the debate and attacking the person who made the post, as well as the content of their post. You've been targeting Brwned, individually, for a while now. You've previously been spiteful to Boss and Brophs (working your way the alphabet? are posters beginning with 'c' next?)

It's your perogative though. I'm guilty of something similar at times myself. More than a bit hypocritical coming from someone who is apparently on some sort of crusade against bullying on the caf.
I don't target Brwned, I disagree with him.

I think sometime in early 2008 I disagreed with Brophs about the state of British tennis - we're over it now, and get on pretty well.

The people I disagree with most - generally Lailiani, Boss and Brad - all give as good as they get. I also think you'll struggle to find outright insults in my posts to them - I disagree with their opinions on football and say so. I don't think they should be banned for their views though.

Nothing I've said is remotely 'personal' about Brwned - the examples he's posted aren't trolling, the response Scholesy got was worse, and Brwned has on numerous occasions given, uninvited, what he thinks would be Scholesy's (and others) response to something, an attitude I think can rightly be described as patronising.

phelans shorts

Not really. That was a statement you made if you care to check it, now your post can be complied with the same very statement and it makes perfect sense, obviously it doesnt to you because you just felt an overwhelming urge to say something to me and now YOU cant substantiate that. Oh and it was rather hilarious because after I replied to your post, you conveniently chose to ignore it.

Carry on though, I can understand why you need to defend Scholesy.
I know I made that post first, when you actually made a statement about his motives, which you cannot prove and is nothing like what I said, keep up.

Status
Not open for further replies.