Why it’s okay for Pogba to play out his contract year and decide along the way

tjb

Huh?

So you still can’t answer the question at hand, let’s focus on the bolded part of your tangent. . .

So Paul Pogba hasn’t said he wants to leave the club as you’ve claimed? But I can ‘fill my boots’ with his entourage on google. . . You can’t fill your boots with fan fiction though. Raiola has had a few rants, his brother once stated he’d like to see him at Real Madrid & Paul has spoken well of the Madrid club.

Let’s return all the way to what started this yesterday though. . .

How in the hell do you know Pogba’s thoughts & intentions? Oh yea, google is full of quotes he’s never made.

I don’t work in the club so can’t give exact dates but from memory there was talk of a contract prior to January 1st which is when Herrera could ‘officially’ begin negotiations with PSG. I also remember there being some late news of a last gasp offer in the final 6 months. The fact remains Herrera left for a sizeable pay increase & was treated as if some martyr with a send off befitting someone who’d done far more for the club.

The situations are vastly different yes, but let’s actually look at the points you raise.

Raiola isn’t a genuine issue. Most of the people slating Pogba would happily take Haaland & no one was mad at him for bringing us Zlatan. Raiola was a known entity when he signed again, he was rather disrespectful to SAF so don’t get mad at a known entity for doing what he’s long been known to do. If United were winning things & Raiola was spouting nonsense it’d be dismissed. The issue is Pogba hasn’t performed regularly enough.

Scholes, a club legend indeed. I’m not going to touch on this as I don’t think the Cafe is ready for this discussion. Anything I say will be seen as a critique of a player I adored in his playing days & I don’t have the energy to argue this aswell.

Pogba saying nothing. . . Raiola is a loud mouth & has been for the entirety of Paul’s career, again there was no issue when he was stirring the pot with Juve prior to Paul’s return. If you do business with the devil, expect to get burnt.
Don't see what's so hard to understand. In his time here, Pogba has brought the most negative attention to the club than I've seen from any other player since I've supported the club. Consistent and sustained batches of negative energy. Worst of all, his positive influences have been minimal. Not hard to understand.

Walters_19_MuFc

Football is a ruthless sport. As soon as a club dont want you, they'll get rid. Look at what we did to Romero.

People talk about loyality, but theres very little in the game, especially today.

From a footballers point of view, they need to thonk about what is best for them.

If Pogba feels that the best decision is to leave, wait it out or leave on a free, then so be it. As a club, there's no way we should have allowed it to get to this stage anyway.

alexthelion

Football is a ruthless sport. As soon as a club dont want you, they'll get rid. Look at what we did to Romero.

People talk about loyality, but theres very little in the game, especially today.

From a footballers point of view, they need to thonk about what is best for them.

If Pogba feels that the best decision is to leave, wait it out or leave on a free, then so be it. As a club, there's no way we should have allowed it to get to this stage anyway.
If that's how he feels, he should communicate that to the club.

As for the second part, we've apparently offered him a new contract, so the club haven't let it get to this stage, Pogba has.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
We’re all fans of Manchester United. Pogba is a fan of Manchester United. Pogba in the past wasn’t a fan of how Manchester United was being operated. As were/are a lot of supporters.

…people really can’t seem to differentiate the 2. There’s the club - the literal badge - and then the people who run it. 2 separate identities. Pogba became unsettled because of the people running the club. It was awful. We were the laughing stock of world football for a number of years.

Pogba alluded to wanting to be somewhere else in the past. The club denied him that and have continued to. That falls on the shoulders of the people running Manchester United. They know exactly what they’re doing by not letting his request be fulfilled. And who knows, maybe it works out if Pogba is convinced this season over the last 2 years drastic change for the better (finally). Even if he doesn’t, yeah you blame the people who chose not to sell him when he wanted out in the past if you really care about him walking that much. Pogba never let it get to this point — the club/people operating it did.
Wait a minute. What do you mean the club denied him to be somewhere else? Not fulfilled Pogba request to sell him?

Pogba can leave if we agree on a price with a potential buyer. Until then, he's on a contract and the club denied him nothing.

I seriously don't think players give a feck about how clubs are being run. I wonder if Pogba would refuse to join Madrid, they are pretty bad run at the moment.

CanadianUtd

Supports
Vancouver, Boston

As for the second part, we've apparently offered him a new contract, so the club haven't let it get to this stage, Pogba has.
It’s pretty common sense knowledge that he has done that through various means in the past.

…you got be kidding me!!? A club offers an unhappy player a contract extension who’s hinted at wanting out a few years ago. And it’s his fault for not signing it as he’s still evaluating and unsure of how he feels with his future here? Mind boggling. Pogba’s fault for letting it get to this stage because he hasn’t accepted an extension when he’s wanted out in the past — that’s a first.

alexthelion

It’s pretty common sense knowledge that he has done that through various means in the past.

…you got be kidding me!!? A club offers an unhappy player a contract extension who’s hinted at wanting out a few years ago. And it’s his fault for not signing it as he’s still evaluating and unsure of how he feels with his future here? Mind boggling. Pogba’s fault for letting it get to this stage because he hasn’t accepted an extension when he’s wanted out in the past — that’s a first.
How is it not Pogba's fault? The club have done their part by offering an extension, Pogba has reportedly refused to sign which has led to this situation.

Eli Zee

Should've tried to extend it far earlier and when it was clear he wouldn't without outrageous, unearned wages, let the world know he's for sale. Now it's 1 season left and he's gone for free.

pogba isn't at fault for doing what's legally allowed. There's a contract for a reason. That being said, people can still be annoyed at him for causing upheaval as well as being somewhat lazy. He really does just jog around a lot at times when he shouldn't be. You can see the difference in effort between him and martial and the other players on the team

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Brilliant players want brilliant talent around them. Shocker?

You saw how well he played when he had Zlatan in front of him. You saw it with Bruno and Cavani.

He’ll be a happy happy boy with Bruno, Sancho, Cavani and Varane around him. Toss in a fully fit and injury free Rashford.

No matter how bad the past few years have been, this is really the year with the biggest potential. He’d be in big regret if he left this season which is why he’s holding on right now.

AFC NimbleThumb

Finally we can agree on something, it's all speculation. Only thing we do know is Pogba agent made it clear in mid-season that he wants to leave (he, his agent/spokeperson - doesn't matter). Whether he was offered a deal last year or not we will never know as those things rarely are being made public for obvious reasons. So just because we didn't hear about Pogba not signing an extension last year, doesn't mean we should assume it didn't happen and bash the club - which is my point.
Oh hello, glad to have you back.

Finally we can agree, hold on, you stepped into this thread talking as if you knew things for a fact. I’ve answered this point already but let’s go again.

If we assume [as you’d like to] that Pogba has been offered contract(s) previously it is mismanagement to allow him to continue to run his deal down & [potentially] leave on a free.

We don’t know if he was offered a contract or not, what we do know is that regardless, we find ourselves with another asset flirting with PSG.

‘Bash the club’, behave.
ad A) interesting question, do you think people outside of the club can answer that? I don't think so, there may be many reasons (Pogba hesitating, no offers as he'll likely be available for free next season, no offers because nobody rates him that much, no offers from clubs where Pogba would like to move, or the most likely option: he wants more money, the payer being secondary factor) - again, we can speculate, but I don't know, and frankly I don't care.

ad B) the way I see it, Ole has been preparing the club for Pogba departure for a while. We got Bruno as a direct replacement, then Van de Beek for the future, now we're getting Sancho to replace Pogba-the-winger.
Moreover, buying Van de Beek makes no sense if Pogba is staying. So instead of investing in other positions (for example future Matic replacement), we used the funds to cover for Pogba departure.
a) you came into this thread speculating but I raised the point, ‘its speculation from behind a keyboard’ & now you’re using it as your defence. Laughable.

b) The fact you start with, ‘the way I see it’ & then tell me what OgS has been planning contradict each other.

So Bruno is his replacement, VdB is his future replacement & Sancho is his wing replacement - what in the hell does all this mean & how is it relevant.

So we covered for Pogba’s departure, two-fold in central midfield & once on the wing but still have Pogba & you’re crying about me saying the club have mismanaged this situation. You’re lost.

So I wonder where do you see the mismanagement from the club, and why do you suggest he has not been replaced? What is it exactly we should do from your perspective, with a guy who is playing us either to get a mega contract here or to get a desired move next season. It's his choice after all, it's within his right to run contract down. He might also play half arsed for the next season (if he already has a move agreed when he's a free agent), and there will be people on this forum moaning it's "mismanagement" from the club. So I'd like to understand what is it the club should do in this particular situation more than what has been done so far (Bruno, Van de Beek, Sancho, at least one massive contract extension offer).
See above.

We’ve apparently [you’re inside knowledge of course] bought 3 players to replace him yet still have him & risk losing him for free. . .

An absolute masterclass in squad building & management indeed.

fps

Pogba would fit PSG like a glove. They still wouldn’t win CL, either. He should go there after this season.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Brilliant players want brilliant talent around them. Shocker?

You saw how well he played when he had Zlatan in front of him. You saw it with Bruno and Cavani.

He’ll be a happy happy boy with Bruno, Sancho, Cavani and Varane around him. Toss in a fully fit and injury free Rashford.

No matter how bad the past few years have been, this is really the year with the biggest potential. He’d be in big regret if he left this season which is why he’s holding on right now.
Come on. You can't be that naive or else he already would of signed his extension. He's holding out to see where his biggest pay cheque is going to come from or if anyone is actually interested in him. If not then we'll be hearing how much he loves United and it's a dream for him to extend. Then within a year all the unrest he keeps causing will resurface like a continual loop. Best for all concerned would be PSG offer us something this summer then we can finally forget about Pogba and all his drama.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Oh hello, glad to have you back.

Finally we can agree, hold on, you stepped into this thread talking as if you knew things for a fact. I’ve answered this point already but let’s go again.

If we assume [as you’d like to] that Pogba has been offered contract(s) previously it is mismanagement to allow him to continue to run his deal down & [potentially] leave on a free.

We don’t know if he was offered a contract or not, what we do know is that regardless, we find ourselves with another asset flirting with PSG.

‘Bash the club’, behave.

a) you came into this thread speculating but I raised the point, ‘its speculation from behind a keyboard’ & now you’re using it as your defence. Laughable.

b) The fact you start with, ‘the way I see it’ & then tell me what OgS has been planning contradict each other.

So Bruno is his replacement, VdB is his future replacement & Sancho is his wing replacement - what in the hell does all this mean & how is it relevant.

So we covered for Pogba’s departure, two-fold in central midfield & once on the wing but still have Pogba & you’re crying about me saying the club have mismanaged this situation. You’re lost.

See above.

We’ve apparently [you’re inside knowledge of course] bought 3 players to replace him yet still have him & risk losing him for free. . .

An absolute masterclass in squad building & management indeed.
I think you're investing a bit too much emotions into this discussion, and not answering simple question like what should have been done from club side to manage this situation properly.

And let me remind you: this discussion started with you saying "we should've offered him a deal years ago" suggesting we haven't done that, although it's impossible for you to know if that's true.

Walters_19_MuFc

We dont know whats going on behind the scenes.

As for the contract, im not talking about waiting until his last year. This should have been wrapped up ages ago. Otherwise, we should have forced him out the club with 2/3 years still left on his contract and got the most money we possibly could.

As it is, we are now in a situation where we have to sell for cheaper than he'd have otherwise gone for or potentially lose him on a free. Not good business at all from our side.

wolvored

We should have set a date for the contract offer to expire, as now the club are in limbo over whether we need to replace him or not. They could have given him until 31 July and said the offer will be withdrawn on 1 August and you will be put on the transfer list.
I think its pretty obvious that he doesnt want to stop as he would have signed by now.
The club will increase the offer I think, as we are a poorly run club as far as contracts go. I was hoping all this would have changed with Murtough pulling the strings. The club have just handed all the power to Pogba.

AFC NimbleThumb

Don't see what's so hard to understand. In his time here, Pogba has brought the most negative attention to the club than I've seen from any other player since I've supported the club. Consistent and sustained batches of negative energy. Worst of all, his positive influences have been minimal. Not hard to understand.
This is the issue here. People start getting emotive which leads to exaggerations.

Manchester United is a club where. . .

It’s talisman once leapt into the crowd to kung-fu kick a spectator.

A club captain once tore the squads young players a new one in an internal interview.

One of its greatest players was a domestic abuser & drunk.

An academy graduate once refused to be on the bench in a cup game.

An Argentinian international wanted to move to Liverpool & kicked up a rather large fuss to do so.

Another Argentinian moved across the city to turn it blue.

The clubs leading goalscorer asked to leave [twice].

A dutch international striker who saw his time coming to an end bullied youngsters, treating one so badly he apologised later in life.

A club captain stamped a player around knee height for an incident that occurred about a year previous.

The clubs greatest manager once kicked a boot across the dressing room striking a player.

A defender missed a drugs test leading to a lengthy ban.

Two England international strikers carried a feud over a missed handshake into the club & didn’t speak to each other for years.

A Trinidadian impregnated Katie Price.

. . . & so on.

The key difference between these examples & Pogba is they won or they occurred when we were doing so.

If the question is, Has Pogba won enough to justify the external noise? It’s a resounding NO but to act as if players haven’t done ‘worse’ things is stupid.

Raiola isn’t a new entity either. He said some outright disrespectful things about SAF when Pogba first left & was stirring the pot whilst Pogba was at Juventus. There is a saying, if you lay down with dogs you get fleas. You can’t deal with Raiola then act surprised when he is Raiola. He could be making all the noise in the world if we were winning things. If he came out & named us as Haaland’s club of choice people on here wouldn’t care less.

Nothing with Pogba is surprising, his agent is outspoken & he’s spoken of Real Madrid in glowing terms; these aren’t ‘the worst’ actions of a United player or anywhere near them.

There’s enough basis to criticise his performances & say he should leave for them without drumming up false emotions.

AFC NimbleThumb

I think you're investing a bit too much emotions into this discussion, and not answering simple question like what should have been done from club side to manage this situation properly.

And let me remind you: this discussion started with you saying "we should've offered him a deal years ago" suggesting we haven't done that, although it's impossible for you to know if that's true.
No need to remind me of anything lad, I clarified my comments in Post #73 before you took a whole day to come at the mismanagement comment, which you’ve suddenly gone rather quiet on. . .

Despite it being rather disingenuous of someone to run from the question I posed then demand an answer to something that has been discussed at length, here you go. . .
So let’s say we offered him a contract 3 years ago, then 2 years ago & last year for him not to sign those, why would we suddenly believe he’d sign one now? That would infact be naive from the club, no.
As in other businesses if you continue to try something [let’s not forget, you said we must have offered him contracts before now] & it isn’t working do something different. I’m not here to say sell him, loan him, bench him but you don’t allow someone to do the exact same thing Ander Herrera did a matter of years ago.

Anyway, back to your mismanagement issue or are you still saying Pogba should take a pay cut because you believe he wants to leave immediately?

Ole's screen

Supports
KC Chiefs
No need to remind me of anything lad, I clarified my comments in Post #73 before you took a whole day to come at the mismanagement comment, which you’ve suddenly gone rather quiet on. . .

Despite it being rather disingenuous of someone to run from the question I posed then demand an answer to something that has been discussed at length, here you go. . .

As in other businesses if you continue to try something [let’s not forget, you said we must have offered him contracts before now] & it isn’t working do something different. I’m not here to say sell him, loan him, bench him but you don’t allow someone to do the exact same thing Ander Herrera did a matter of years ago.

Anyway, back to your mismanagement issue or are you still saying Pogba should take a pay cut because you believe he wants to leave immediately?
What exactly can you do as a club if a player is determined to run down his contract to maximize his earning potential though? Chuck him into the reserves? That's just cutting your nose to spite your face.

CanadianUtd

Supports
Vancouver, Boston
That emoji is not as obvious as you think it is. Can you please elaborate?
Find it outrageous that user comes to the conclusion it’s Pogba’s fault his contract is expiring because he never accepted an extension.

Why would a player in Pogba’s position have any obligation whatsoever to sign and then somehow have it flipped around that it’s his fault as a result of not signing it “led to this situation”. In the past, he made it abundantly clear he wasn’t enjoying his time here as his prime years were going to waste with a project that wasn’t being fulfilled around him. What’s led to this situation is the club not coming to terms with what the player wanted and having held him captive all this time. The only thing the player can do is play out his contract at that point, which he is. The club knows full well the corner they’ve put themselves into - not anyone else. And for the hundredth time, it seems the club is fine rolling those dice. Certain fans seem outraged and flip it on Pogba when the club clearly doesn’t see it that way. In a way, they know they’ve chosen this direction and what will come as a result of it which is yet to be seen as a definite unknown.

alexthelion

Should've tried to extend it far earlier and when it was clear he wouldn't without outrageous, unearned wages, let the world know he's for sale. Now it's 1 season left and he's gone for free.

pogba isn't at fault for doing what's legally allowed. There's a contract for a reason. That being said, people can still be annoyed at him for causing upheaval as well as being somewhat lazy. He really does just jog around a lot at times when he shouldn't be. You can see the difference in effort between him and martial and the other players on the team
How could we extend it if Pogba didn't want to sign?

CanadianUtd

Supports
Vancouver, Boston
How could we extend it if Pogba didn't want to sign?
1) you’ve been talking on the clubs behalf this entire time. They know Pogba wasn’t in the state of mind to extend and at the same time did not want to sell him - they elected to go down that route.

2) if the club wanted to sell him as much as you think they do/you personally want, it would’ve been done by now.

…shocking and sorry to say but yes, the onus lies fully on the people running the club for where this situation has led to and stands. How is that so difficult to comprehend !! :wenger:

alexthelion

This is the issue here. People start getting emotive which leads to exaggerations.

A club captain once tore the squads young players a new one in an internal interview.

An Argentinian international wanted to move to Liverpool & kicked up a rather large fuss to do so.

A dutch international striker who saw his time coming to an end bullied youngsters, treating one so badly he apologised later in life.

A club captain stamped a player around knee height for an incident that occurred about a year previous.

The clubs greatest manager once kicked a boot across the dressing room striking a player.

Two England international strikers carried a feud over a missed handshake into the club & didn’t speak to each other for years.

. . . & so on.

The key difference between these examples & Pogba is they won or they occurred when we were doing so.

If the question is, Has Pogba won enough to justify the external noise? It’s a resounding NO but to act as if players haven’t done ‘worse’ things is stupid.

Raiola isn’t a new entity either. He said some outright disrespectful things about SAF when Pogba first left & was stirring the pot whilst Pogba was at Juventus. There is a saying, if you lay down with dogs you get fleas. You can’t deal with Raiola then act surprised when he is Raiola. He could be making all the noise in the world if we were winning things. If he came out & named us as Haaland’s club of choice people on here wouldn’t care less.

Nothing with Pogba is surprising, his agent is outspoken & he’s spoken of Real Madrid in glowing terms; these aren’t ‘the worst’ actions of a United player or anywhere near them.

There’s enough basis to criticise his performances & say he should leave for them without drumming up false emotions.
All those players you've listed but not named made a far bigger contribution to United than Pogba has (or probably will) and are, therefore, allowed some leeway by fans.

AFC NimbleThumb

What exactly can you do as a club if a player is determined to run down his contract to maximize his earning potential though? Chuck him into the reserves? That's just cutting your nose to spite your face.
My post literally says ‘i’m not saying to do that’. . .

‘determined to run down his contract’?

AFC NimbleThumb

All those players you've listed but not named made a far bigger contribution to United than Pogba has (or probably will) and are, therefore, allowed some leeway by fans.
Again, another poster eager to argue but clarifying exactly what the post was about.

Do better.

The man says it’s the ‘worst’ thing he’s seen at the club which simply isn’t true.

I knew a cretin would pop up as you did which is exactly why the quoted above was written. Read the entire post before mouthing off, no one said Pogba deserves leeway - what a foolish post!

alexthelion

Find it outrageous that user comes to the conclusion it’s Pogba’s fault his contract is expiring because he never accepted an extension.

Why would a player in Pogba’s position have any obligation whatsoever to sign and then somehow have it flipped around that it’s his fault as a result of not signing it “led to this situation”. In the past, he made it abundantly clear he wasn’t enjoying his time here as his prime years were going to waste with a project that wasn’t being fulfilled around him. What’s led to this situation is the club not coming to terms with what the player wanted and having held him captive all this time. The only thing the player can do is play out his contract at that point, which he is. The club knows full well the corner they’ve put themselves into - not anyone else. And for the hundredth time, it seems the club is fine rolling those dice. Certain fans seem outraged and flip it on Pogba when the club clearly doesn’t see it that way. In a way, they know they’ve chosen this direction and what will come as a result of it which is yet to be seen as a definite unknown.
Of course it's Pogba's fault, he hasn't signed an extension, apparently no other club is prepared to pay for him (transfer fee or wages too high?). What are the club supposed to do?

How the feck have the club held him captive when no one else is prepared to buy him? Do you not think that if a decent offer was received Pogba would have moved?

Pogba FC really are blinded when it comes to their idol.

alexthelion

Again, another poster eager to argue but clarifying exactly what the post was about.

Do better.

The man says it’s the ‘worst’ thing he’s seen at the club which simply isn’t true.

I knew a cretin would pop up as you did which is exactly why the quoted above was written. Read the entire post before mouthing off, no one said Pogba deserves leeway - what a foolish post!
What does Pogba deserve, then?

Ole's screen

Supports
KC Chiefs

From a business point of view in a detached employee-employer relationship that would be true. However that's never been true in football. It is definitely seen as unprofessional or even a betrayal by fans for players to threaten to run down their contracts or threaten to sign for a rival. Players may not like it, but it's definitely the case.

What’s led to this situation is the club not coming to terms with what the player wanted and having held him captive all this time. The only thing the player can do is play out his contract at that point, which he is.
Thats a pretty one sided view of the situation. You can flip the contract argument around and say Pogba signed a 5+1 year contract so why should the club be expected to give him a raise when he has failed to deliver consistent results for the club. You say the club has failed to fulfill his ambitions, but the club is only as good as the players play. So the club might feel its them who've been shortchanged. I'd argue the only reason we didn't challenge for the title last year was because Pogba got injured. Not his fault of course but its not the first time he's been injured for a good quarter of the season. In that scenario why would you expect to give him a raise especially with the current climate of financial losses and everyone trying to reduce or manage their wage bills better?

The only thing the player can do is play out his contract at that point, which he is.
There's another option you're missing. He can sign the contract in front of him (which is a significant pay bump anyways) or he can let the club know (in private) that he has no intention of signing a new contract and would like to leave (like Varane). As far as we know he has done nothing. He's not agreeing to a new contract, but he's also not asking to be moved on and has even indicated that he might sign with United later on. Thats the definition of holding the club hostage.

CanadianUtd

Supports
Vancouver, Boston
Of course it's Pogba's fault, he hasn't signed an extension, apparently no other club is prepared to pay for him (transfer fee or wages too high?). What are the club supposed to do?

How the feck have the club held him captive when no one else is prepared to buy him? Do you not think that if a decent offer was received Pogba would have moved?

Pogba FC really are blinded when it comes to their idol.
:lol:

oh my, you’re really deluded when it comes to this.

Bolded = check out all the reports, even from these last few weeks, about United’s position on the club(s) that have offered for Pogba. They don’t think it’s high enough of an offer. Who’s fault is that? NOT POGBA’S! The club are electing to not sell him and would much rather keep him as they haven’t wanted to sell him at any point at all.

…so you can stop mixing and matching words to fit whatever narrative it is you seem fit. Because it’s simply not the truth or reality of it. Thanks

Ole's screen

Supports
KC Chiefs
My post literally says ‘i’m not saying to do that’. . .

‘determined to run down his contract’?
It definitely seems like Pogba is determined to run down his contract. Or he could have done what Varane did - refuse to sign and asked to be moved on in private. But he isn't. He's trying to put United against anyone else in order to leverage a bigger contract.

There's some accepted idea that a player and his agent can earn more money in case of free agent moves because there's no money to be paid to the parent club and therefore that can be spread to the player and his agent. Fine. But to play a club who paid a record fee for you against hypothetical wages you and your agent could earn in the future in a free agency move is just a dick move. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

clarkydaz

:lol:

oh my, you’re really deluded when it comes to this.

Bolded = check out all the reports, even from these last few weeks, about United’s position on the club(s) that have offered for Pogba. They don’t think it’s high enough of an offer. Who’s fault is that? NOT POGBA’S! The club are electing to not sell him and would much rather keep him as they haven’t wanted to sell him at any point at all.

…so you can stop mixing and matching words to fit whatever narrative it is you seem fit. Because it’s simply not the truth or reality of it. Thanks
Can you summarise those reports, who was it and price? Cant really see Juve or Madrid spending big in their finacial state

AFC NimbleThumb

What does Pogba deserve, then?
Oh so you read my post now? The one that said exactly what you chimed in with? Pathetic.

Anyway, doing you the courtesy you didn’t do me & reading then replying. . .

He deserves to be criticised for his performances, which are more than bad enough to support the claims he should leave. What he doesn’t deserve is for fans to exaggerate their reactions to anything surrounding him.

I can fully grasp that Raiola chatting sh*t is disrespectful, I don’t like it but it isn’t new &/or surprising. It’s also something people knew about when Pogba re-signed & would be a non-issue if Haaland was scoring 30 goals a season for us.

People flat out lie when it comes to attributing comments to him.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Eric Cantona is the King of football. If he wants to fly-kick a mouthy Palace fan, who are we to argue? Plus he consistently performed on the pitch. Any transgressions off it are instantly forgiven.

Keane consistently performed on the pitch. Any transgressions off it are instantly forgiven.

Giggs is the most decorated player ever to wear our shirt. He's a shite human being. What's your point?

SAF is the God of football. If he wants to kick his boot an underperforming Becks, who are we to argue? Plus his teams consistently performed on the pitch. Any transgressions off it are instantly forgiven.

Rio was one of the greatest central defenders to grace the club. Any transgressions off it are instantly forgiven.

There was clearly no love lost between Cole and Sheringham. Yet, consummate pros that they are, they didn't allow their feud to affect their time on the pitch together.

Like you wouldn't have done the same thing if the opportunity presented itself - I know I would. I remember thinking he was a fecking legend at the time. Plus, Cole and Yorke formed arguably the strongest frontline in Europe for several years. Any transgressions off it are instantly forgiven.

tldr;

Long story short, if Pogba had performed for United anywhere close to the level of the above-listed players, any transgressions off it would instantly be forgiven. His agent, the constant requests for moves away, his brother, blah blah blah. All irrelevant if he's producing the goods where it matters.

Last edited:

AFC NimbleThumb

Eric Cantona is the King of football. If he wants to fly-kick a mouthy Palace fan, who are we to argue? Plus he consistently performed on the pitch. Any transgressions off it are instantly forgiven.

Keane consistently performed on the pitch. Any transgressions off it are instantly forgiven.

Giggs is the most decorated player ever to wear our shirt. He's a shite human being. What's your point?

SAF is the God of football. If he wants to kick his boot an underperforming Becks, who are we to argue? Plus his teams consistently performed on the pitch. Any transgressions off it are instantly forgiven.

Rio was one of the greatest central defenders to grace the club. Any transgressions off it are instantly forgiven.

There was clearly no love lost between Cole and Sheringham. Yet, consummate pros that they are, they didn't allow their feud to affect their time on the pitch together.

Like you wouldn't have done the same thing if the opportunity presented itself - I know I would. I remember thinking he was a fecking legend at the time. Plus, Cole and Yorke formed arguably the strongest frontline in Europe for several years. Any transgressions off it are instantly forgiven.

tldr;

Long story short, if Pogba had performed for United anywhere close to the level of above-listed players, any transgressions off it would instantly be forgiven. His agent, the constant requests for moves away, his brother, blah blah blah. All irrelevant if he's producing the goods where it matters.
The fact you’ve separately addressed each example means the post flew well over your head.

I go onto state every example won/did more for the club.

This is the 2nd response of this kind.

I was addressing the poster saying it’s the ‘worst’ thing he’s witnessed as a supporter. It isn’t.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
The fact you’ve separately addressed each example means the post flew well over your head.

I go onto state every example won/did more for the club.

This is the 2nd response of this kind.

I was addressing the poster saying it’s the ‘worst’ thing he’s witnessed as a supporter. It isn’t.
It didn't take long at all. WW teaches you the art of multi-quoting at speed rather well :p

I understand your point, but I was trying to make one of my own. Did you get the point?

CanadianUtd

Supports
Vancouver, Boston
Can you summarise those reports, who was it and price? Cant really see Juve or Madrid spending big in their finacial state
Sorry but I don’t want to be doing (not saying yourself, but others who’ve had back and forth on here) other people’s work for them. And it’s not really a whole lot to look into.

…just for yourself though, a little bit of context from this summer(a matter of the last week or so). PSG offered something like £40m. Reports said United wanted more. Whether that’s genuine from United’s end or not who knows. I feel like with how long they’ve kept Pogba, even if PSG gave £10m more they wouldn’t do it. But that’s just my feeling.

Ole's screen

Supports
KC Chiefs
Sorry but I don’t want to be doing (not saying yourself, but others who’ve had back and forth on here) other people’s work for them. And it’s not really a whole lot to look into.

…just for yourself though, a little bit of context from this summer(a matter of the last week or so). PSG offered something like £40m. Reports said United wanted more. Whether that’s genuine from United’s end or not who knows. I feel like with how long they’ve kept Pogba, even if PSG gave £10m more they wouldn’t do it. But that’s just my feeling.
We don't even know if its genuine from PSG's end. There have been no talks yet, only rumors that they might want him and may bid for him. The reports only say they've contacted Pogba's representatives.

Unless I've missed something.

clarkydaz

ah yeah we heard that here. A small twist was ultra PSG fans put up a banner telling Pogba to stay away, as his mum is a rival fan etc. Bit of a predicament allround really :houllier:

tjb

. . . & so on.

As much as those players did what they did, they never showed the level of prolonged disrespect that Pogba has. Tevez was clearly scorned as was Gabriel Heinze. Keane simply wanted what he felt was best for the club and the other incidents were more personal life affairs. It doesn't compare to consistent directed insults, disrespect and disregard and that's the difference.