Why not start a “Woodward Out” chant during the season opener?

MisterLupus

On a stadium you leave your issues behind. It's the good old principle of not pooping where you eat pretty much - as it'll ruin everyone's appetite. If you want to support a team your job is to keep it hungry - do the opposite and you might as well join the rival support as you're already doing their job for them anyways. Sowing dissent - creating a negative atmosphere surrounding that which you support - is not helpful (it's the opposite in fact). Criticism is fine - so long as it's not destructive.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
(Rotterdam)
It could be Tielemans or Pjanic
Or someone more unknown
But because of fecking Woodward
we’re still playing Matic at home
Playing Matic at home.
Rap Genius: We should sign Tielemans for 40m or Pjanic for 80m, but tight fecking Woodward is playing his 40m signing instead.

This is from the guy that made the thread about us being an spoiled entitled fanbase?

hobbers

We could get relegated this season and the sandwich sheeple still wouldn't bother raising their voices.

Tango80

Can't help but feel that if we were fans of another club this window, the response would be the same.

Man City - 'why haven't we replaced Kompany? Woodward OUT'
Liverpool - 'why has everyone strengthened but we haven't? Woodward OUT'
Arsenal - 'why have we neglected our defence again, and signed a 33 year old donkey on the cheap to address it? Woodward OUT'

Could go on but you get the idea.

Crustanoid

There’s no way this is ever happening inside the ground and during a match it’s going to hurt the team and Ole more than the sharks who run and own the club.

Like someone mentioned before a protest outside Ed’s office is a more effective idea-but it depends on a number of people being minded to go there and whatever organisation is required

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
I think we should start chanting for players we should have signed if it wasn’t for Ed Woodwood.

(made of stone; previously used for Lukaku)
We want ya
Dybalaaaaa
But the Glazers are being too tight
15 million for your image rights
Woodward should be done
Net spend is 50 million.

(La cucaracha)
Bruno Fernandes
Bruno Fernandes
You would surely be so class
Bruno Fernandes
Bruno Fernandes
But Ed Woodward is an ass.

(Rotterdam)
It could be Tielemans or Pjanic
Or someone more unknown
But because of fecking Woodward
we’re still playing Matic at home
Playing Matic at home.
How are we going to do this chant? Well first of all RedCafe should pay for OP to fly out to the Chelsea game.

As the game kicks off the whole ground is silent. The commentators are puzzled, there’s literally no sound.

Bam. OP stands up in the middle of the South Stand. He points to the Stretty who start the lion King chant. But instead of “awimba weh” they all chant “Ed Woodward out, Ed Woodward out”.

OP starts off alone.
“At United
The Mighty United
Ed Woodward serves us shite”

Then the whole of the East Stand join in.
“At United,
The Mighty United
Five more signings would delight”

Suddenly! The whole of the south stand joins in with the Stretty! “Ed Woodward out, Ed Woodward out” is reverberating around the stadium. The East Stand continues to sing as OP reaches into his coat and lifts up a cat that has symbolically been given a Dybala 9 United shirt.
Burt Bacharach alive and well on RedCafe, who'd have thunk it :lol:

Ole’s Wheel

Supports
CR7
We could get relegated this season and the sandwich sheeple still wouldn't bother raising their
Yea, I just don’t understand some of the enabler fans

...and why are people saying this can never happen in the stadium during a game? Fans boo all the time when the team is doing shit or even at certain players so what’s the difference between doing this? I don’t get it but sure

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Yea, I just don’t understand some of the enabler fans

...and why are people saying this can never happen in the stadium during a game? Fans boo all the time when the team is doing shit or even at certain players so what’s the difference between doing this? I don’t get it but sure
Ye you dont get it because you have never been to Old Trafford - it tends to be people who have never been to match in their lives who come up with this kind of bollocks

honestly you are far far away from the thinking of the average matchgoing fan

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Rap Genius: We should sign Tielemans for 40m or Pjanic for 80m, but tight fecking Woodward is playing his 40m signing instead.

This is from the guy that made the thread about us being an spoiled entitled fanbase?
Everyone who wants more than me is spoiled, I just want the correct amount.

Ole’s Wheel

Supports
CR7
Ye you dont get it because you have never been to Old Trafford - it tends to be people who have never been to match in their lives who come up with this kind of bollocks

honestly you are far far away from the thinking of the average matchgoing fan
Except I have gone to 4 games.

I feel it’s the same narrative where I live. There’s a certain grouping of STH’s (season ticket holders) who are too “classy” that pay the premium seats but don’t offer anything to the atmosphere of games. They usually just hold business meetings with clients or whatnot and don’t care much about the product on the field and couldn’t be bothered at all. I’m a STH myself but at least I care with other fans for the betterment of the team and we let it be known when we’ve had enough...even at STH events, we’re able to chat/Q&A with the GM and publicly tell them our concerns.

But yea I know exactly what you’re talking about when it comes to Old Trafford. It’s a lot of folks who just don’t give a feck and are content being there and nothing more. Toxic enablement if you ask me. Fair play to them as it’s their money at the end of the day but it’s certainly not ideal for an atmosphere or the types of fans you want around. Otherwise you get this where Ed is in charge for however many years, failure after failure

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Except I have gone to 4 games.

I feel it’s the same narrative where I live. There’s a certain grouping of STH’s (season ticket holders) who are too “classy” that pay the premium seats but don’t offer anything to the atmosphere of games. They usually just hold business meetings with clients or whatnot and don’t care much about the product on the field and couldn’t be bothered at all. I’m a STH myself but at least I care with other fans for the betterment of the team and we let it be known when we’ve had enough...even at STH events, we’re able to chat/Q&A with the GM and publicly tell them our concerns.

But yea I know exactly what you’re talking about when it comes to Old Trafford. It’s a lot of folks who just don’t give a feck and are content being there and nothing more. Toxic enablement if you ask me. Fair play to them as it’s their money at the end of the day but it’s certainly not ideal for an atmosphere or the types of fans you want around. Otherwise you get this where Ed is in charge for however many years, failure after failure
Wait... You have gone to 4 games, but you are a season ticket holder?

Ole’s Wheel

Supports
CR7
Wait... You have gone to 4 games, but you are a season ticket holder?
No.

I don’t live in England.

I’m a STH for the local sports team where I live (of one of the 4 major sports leagues in North America).

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
No.

I don’t live in England.

I’m a STH for the local sports team where I live (of one of the 4 major sports leagues in North America).
Wait, you're a season ticket holder and you don't even live in the country?

I live 30 miles away from the ground and I haven't been to a home game in YEARS. This shame is almost unbearable.

How about you give me your season ticket and I'll go in your stead. We good?

Trophy Room

Honest to God, why hasn’t this been done yet?

It happens in many sports when fans have had enough of a player or coach or manager or whatnot and want their voice heard.

...the Glazers Out thing is more so social media driven and they have the power to block it by just restricting MUTV events. But you know what they can’t block? A home stadium chanting on global TV being broadcast around the world. Impossible for a blind eye to be turned to that and will make headlines across the footballing world.

So yea, wouldn’t it be effective to do a “Woodward Out” chant or something along those lines at kickoff during both half’s? Would strongly show that we’ve had enough of being dicked around and want proper people in charge that know what their doing in football terms - not just the money making and marketing aspect that Ed is all about.
With respect, I think you need some life experience. Hope you enjoy the season.

Starkie_1

Affluent and Likeminded
I’ve been following this thread for a few days and I still can’t get my head around the insane difference in opinions and arguments between a set of supposed football supporters who are linked by one club.

This is the problem with the internet and social media. 95% of this board and forum have absolutely feck all in common , including the way they support and follow United.

Twitter is the same of course. If not worse. As it’s casual fans who are jumping on bandwagons behind the safety of their twitter handles or their profiles with Woodward Out in. You see really well written articles by good journalists (yes there are a few left) and the comments below end up arguments between people who share nothing in common yet again.

The divide between match goers and the ‘rest’ (which isn’t in anyway an insult) is only becoming bigger.

Ole’s Wheel

Supports
CR7
Dybala wrecked op
Ed/United wrecked themselves.

The fact we didn’t even get a single CM is mind boggling. Going to be another season of riding on Pogba's coattails all while he gets the blame when he’s the sole reason we are even half decent. It’s not event Dybala, there were a handful of other CMs out there we were linked to as well yet didn’t get anyone. Shambles.

OverratedOpinion

Ed Woodward has made hundreds of millions (potentially a billion) for the owners of the club.

We could fly an entire fleet of planes with "Woodward out" banners over a bunch of empty seats in protest and it would literally do nothing.

Tickle Lad

Supports
Leicester City
Why did medieval kings start foreign wars whenever internal affairs were ropey?

The urge of uniting against a common enemy - basically an innate survival instinct - is far stronger than the urges that would cause your protest.

Raven96__

Supports
Real Madrid
No, it will distract the players, and its the glazers not woodward.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I don't really want him out, I just want him to step aside from football matters. He appears to be excellent at his actual job on the non-football side of things.

I don't think a technical structure is the solution to all our problems, but it's definitely a start, and it's massively overdue.

BlueHaze

Ask yourself 2 questions.

1. How will it help the team?

2. Would Woodward and the Glazer's be gone?

I'm probably more pissed than most on here about our summer. The fact we neglected RW once again and didn't aquire targets for the midfield but even so the proper thing to do in this situation is to get behind the team and manager. Feck the Glazer's yes by all means but I'm sure the match going fans will get behind the team as always. We support the team and not the owners.

The only thing that would actually have an impact on getting the owners out would be merch and game boycotts which will never happen. However I will say this, if we fail to win tommorrow and the game after that then things could quickly turn sour. It's not an impossible scenario as well, Chelsea are unpredictable and Wolves away is a tough fixture for any side in the league.

Let's hope for the best.

Ole’s Wheel

Supports
CR7
I don't really want him out, I just want him to step aside from football matters. He appears to be excellent at his actual job on the non-football side of things.

I don't think a technical structure is the solution to all our problems, but it's definitely a start, and it's massively overdue.
That’s what I meant.

I honestly didn’t think anyone here would really take it so literal as to get rid of him entirely but I was wrong.

...obviously I meant in terms of the football side/transfers/signings side of things

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
That’s what I meant.

I honestly didn’t think anyone here would really take it so literal as to get rid of him entirely but I was wrong.

...obviously I meant in terms of the football side/transfers/signings side of things
There's plenty who do want him out of the club completely, for many reasons. Lots of United fans appear to despise the man, and as a result a "Woodward Out" chant is somewhat ambiguous to those who want him to sidestep to a financial role and those who want him to no longer be employed by the club due to the era of failure that he has spearheaded. No clue what the ratio of that split of fans, but those wanting him out of the club is quite significant if social media is to be used as the barometer.

Usually a call for someone to be outed is not a call for them to be given a different/amended job title. I certainly can't think of an example anyway. Not that I think such a chant would have any impact anyway, but hypothetically if it did, "Woodward Out" would imply that the desire is for him to exit completely.

IMO, I'd rather stick to Glazers Out, as it would force a completely change of culture at the club. As it stands, Woodward is probably doing everything the Glazers want him to.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
Well honestly we have sang some pretty shit songs in recent years, so I actually am surprised there hasn't been one yet that took some kind of potshot at Woodward or the Glazers in the lyrics. Their probably will be some kind of song referencing them in the near future but so what? The only viable option I see that might, might cause problems for the Glazers is attacking the sponsors in significant numbers.

Fan owned United

I honestly don't think Ed would lose even a second of sleep over a chant about him.

Last edited by a moderator: