Why so many knee-jerk reactions and negativity 7 games in?

mav_9me

Lindelof quality :houllier: he is not even bang average, not good enough for Premier league let alone Manchester United, our old 2nd string defenders like Brown and O'Shea were streets ahead of where Lindelof is, TBH they were better than Maguire is now..... we have rubbish CBs, rubbish to suggest otherwise is blind stupidity (am excluding Varane from that have not seen enough of him in a Utd shirt to pass judgement)
This kind of judgement of players happens all the time in bad situations like this.

You've seen Chelsea's defense under Lampard and Tuchel right? Night and day.

Another great example were Bayern when they went from Kovac to Hansi Flick. Everyone was questioning Muller etc, saying they are too old, over the hill etc. And now.

That particular situation in Bayern is the biggest possible proof of the difference a competent manager/coach can make.

Flytan

This should be a lesson to everyone that numbers don't necessarily tell the whole story. The context of the numbers matter just as much. It was clear we all had a right to call a spade a spade when we were playing shit football with mediocre results against worse competition.

Robbie Boy

Think it was painfully obvious to everyone after 7 games what trajectory our season would take.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Think it was painfully obvious to everyone after 7 games what trajectory our season would take.
Yep, just like it was under moyes, LVG and Mourinho. Those of us that wanted them managers out were called plastic fans by the lunatic “in” brigade for those managers too.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Title needs changing.

"Why so negative by November having been battered in 3 of the last 4 league games"

VictoriaRed

Can we please change the name of this thread? I feel dejected after I watch us play, and I will always watch us play! Something needs to change, and it's rather obvious.

PoTMS

I would say pin this thread. Hopefully it serves as a lesson on why being insane is not cool.
The best part is he and a few others think they were being the sane rational ones.

Revan

Assumptionman
The best part is he and a few others think they were being the sane rational ones.
Indeed. The cult of the manager has been a problem here with all the managers we had (a bit less with LVG, I would say). Hopefully, with Ole’s sacking, it also ends once and for all.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Is he? :lol:

I thought he owned this one a while ago. Christ. If I hear anybody say the term knee jerk again in relation to us right now, then they're instantly being dismissed as a complete idiot.
He is still posting shit in the Sack Watch thread.

Red_Manc_M15

Been lurking for years read daily but hardly ever post. Ole has done me in. I am at the stage where I no longer give a shit about our games. Not watched MoTD for months he needs to step down before we slide even further away from top 4. Christ with our squad we should be title challenegers but they way him and his coaches set us up we have no chance.

redmanx

I wanted Ole to succeed and I really thought he would, but I was wrong; somethings badly wrong at Old Trafford and I no longer feel Oles the one to fix it. He did a wonderful job revitalizing the place and the team after Mourinho and steadied the ship, but he doesnt appear to know how to take us forward and the team is suffering...we're suffering :confused: Ole will always be a club legend and Id prefer it if he resigned before he was sacked.

Mike Oxard

Supports
City
Sometimes, something ‘clicks’ and what seemed like a disaster turns a corner to much better times. However, that all needs time and stability. I was around when pretty much exactly the same thing was happening with SAF. He’d had three years, we were dreadful, then we won a cup game and never looked back. That may or may not be the case with OGS, or any other manager we bring in, but we’ll never know if we ditch them every two/three years. I honestly think that if we’d had stuck by Moyes rather than ditch him after half a season, we’d have won the league at least once over the last 8 years. Things are bad, I know, but they’re not that bad - we’re not fighting for our premiership lives, we’re still alive and kicking in the CL and we have a great chance with this side in the FA Cup. It’s time to hold firm.

b82REZ

Sometimes, something ‘clicks’ and what seemed like a disaster turns a corner to much better times. However, that all needs time and stability. I was around when pretty much exactly the same thing was happening with SAF. He’d had three years, we were dreadful, then we won a cup game and never looked back. That may or may not be the case with OGS, or any other manager we bring in, but we’ll never know if we ditch them every two/three years. I honestly think that if we’d had stuck by Moyes rather than ditch him after half a season, we’d have won the league at least once over the last 8 years. Things are bad, I know, but they’re not that bad - we’re not fighting for our premiership lives, we’re still alive and kicking in the CL and we have a great chance with this side in the FA Cup. It’s time to hold firm.
:lol:

Eddy_JukeZ

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Foxbatt

We kept faith with SAF because he had an excellent track record of winning trophies. Including the European Cup Winners Cup. What has Ole won apart from the Norwegian league? Might as well get a manager from Botswana because he won the league there.

Mike Oxard

Supports
City
We kept faith with SAF because he had an excellent track record of winning trophies. Including the European Cup Winners Cup. What has Ole won apart from the Norwegian league? Might as well get a manager from Botswana because he won the league there.
Winning the Scottish league was as unremarkable then as it is now. I know that SAF did it with Aberdeen, but it was still a farmers league. Winning the Cup Winners Cup puts Aberdeen up there with Mechelen, Dynamo Tiblisi and MTK Hungaria. SAF turned into the greatest ever, but he didn’t arrive as that. Maybe the same will happen with Solskjaer.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Winning the Scottish league was as unremarkable then as it is now. I know that SAF did it with Aberdeen, but it was still a farmers league. Winning the Cup Winners Cup puts Aberdeen up there with Mechelen, Dynamo Tiblisi and MTK Hungaria. SAF turned into the greatest ever, but he didn’t arrive as that. Maybe the same will happen with Solskjaer.
Mods, can we ban this person for being a WUM

Alvaro Maestre

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
I said there a couple of months ago, you know what you are going to get for lunch, only by looking at the breakfast. We have seen the red flags for a while and now that he got all that he asked for, Ole can still produce. Again, NO DM would fix his tactics, because he doesn't have many.

Skills

Snitch
/thread time surely
Nah this thread should always remain open. Some self proclaimed football Sensai always preaches about patience and ends up with egg on his face. This is the most spectacular example of it

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Speechless.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I've given up on Ole -

But I got to say,

We were no where near this bad last season in my opinion.

People were talking about us as potential title winners because of last season and ultimately we have regressed on to whatever this is.

There's just a part of me that's a bit disappointed in all of it because it is the managers fault but I also just simply miss Bruno Fernandes's ability to score goal after goal or play a pass that leads in to someone being tackled then him taking a penalty aswell because he was our main man last season. Greenwood seems like he is good in certain matches especially at the start of the season and looks lost now.

Even Pogba the LW was getting 7 assists in 2 games at the start of the season.

Shaw is different from last season and so is Maguire.

We are back to where De Gea is one of our best players when it wasn't really like that the last season.

Disssapointing.

mav_9me

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Denis79

@Mike Oxard People really need to stop comparing Ole to SAF, they are worlds a part. I was also there when SAF joined us, it is not comparable. SAF was widely respected in British football and the media for his achievements, displacing the two giants in Scottish football and winning an European trophy, that you compare Ole's Norwegian First league win to that is laughable.

This comparison really needs to stop, it's an insult to SAF.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Neh ... he's still acting houlier than thou and still think we're all knee jerkers. Keep this alive. Live by the sword die by the sword.
He’s in another thread at the moment slating fans for wanting to protest against Ole.