Why so many knee-jerk reactions and negativity 7 games in?

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Neh ... he's still acting houlier than thou and still think we're all knee jerkers. Keep this alive. Live by the sword die by the sword.
Yup, you just know he'll keep his act until we win a game (at some point in December at this rate) and be quick to pronounce himself as the sanest and most truest of fans.

I'd say we've found the Ty of Redcafe.

redmanx

Winning the Scottish league was as unremarkable then as it is now. I know that SAF did it with Aberdeen, but it was still a farmers league. Winning the Cup Winners Cup puts Aberdeen up there with Mechelen, Dynamo Tiblisi and MTK Hungaria. SAF turned into the greatest ever, but he didn’t arrive as that. Maybe the same will happen with Solskjaer.
To win the trophies he did in Scotland Ferguson first had to break the "big two" of Rangers and Celtic and their strangle hold on domestic football. That he did so with such success was proof of his management abilities and Aberdeens European success is on a par with what Brian Clough achieved with Nottingham Forest. In five years he turned Manchester United into the most successful side in English football history, which really means British football though Celtic and Rangers have both won more domsetic trophies than United and Liverpool combined. Fergusons greatest abilities were his man management skills and his ability to adapt and change, both his teams and himself. I'll always love Ole but I cannot see him emulating Ferguson and his incredible success in any way at all.

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
Winning the Scottish league was as unremarkable then as it is now. I know that SAF did it with Aberdeen, but it was still a farmers league. Winning the Cup Winners Cup puts Aberdeen up there with Mechelen, Dynamo Tiblisi and MTK Hungaria. SAF turned into the greatest ever, but he didn’t arrive as that. Maybe the same will happen with Solskjaer.
:lol:

A little history. In 1981, Alex Ferguson held a mini pre season tournament for his Aberdeen squad over two days. Teams invited were West Ham, Southampton and Manchester United. Every team took their full squad. Saturday was Aberdeen vs Westham and Southampton vs Man utd. This was a the perfect set up for Aberdeen who had made no secret of the fact they wanted to face United in the final. Aberdeen went on to beat West Ham with ease scoring three goals without reply. United on the other hand were beaten 3 - 1 by Southampton. So the meetings that we all wish we could have seen, never took place. On the Sunday West Ham beat Untied 1 - 0 to end dead last in the little tournament. The final took place later that day and saw Southampton, considered a top side at the time, thrashed 5 - 1 by Aberdeen.

SAF has always been a manager that got the very best out of his squads, no matter the opposition.

Last edited:

Foxbatt

That farmers league club became the first British club to win the EC. He beat Bayern Munich and Real Madrid to win the ECC. Also all these east European countries played their national side as club sides those days. Dynamo Kiev had almost all of the Soviet national team players. It is not the same Scottish football those days compared to the pathetic situation they have now.

dove

:lol: You better be Ole himself. Otherwise, God help you.

Denis79

That farmers league club became the first British club to win the EC. He beat Bayern Munich and Real Madrid to win the ECC. Also all these east European countries played their national side as club sides those days. Dynamo Kiev had almost all of the Soviet national team players. It is not the same Scottish football those days compared to the pathetic situation they have now.
Why not just say "I like Ole and would want for him to stay on" Instead of doing these laughable comparisons, it irks me.

Foxbatt

Why not just say "I like Ole and would want for him to stay on" Instead of doing these laughable comparisons, it irks me.
What are you on about? I do not like Ole and want him gone ASAP.

R'hllor

Samsky or whatever his name is would be proud of such a thread, what happened with that guy anyway

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Obvious wum is obvious.

I admire the effort though :lol:

El Capitano

I don’t know why people keep bringing SAF. He was once in a lifetime and it won’t ever happen again for United so I don’t understand why they keep shit managers thinking they are the next Ferguson.

Denis79

What are you on about? I do not like Ole and want him gone ASAP.
I meant the post you replied to. It's not the first time I've seen this comparison here, it annoys me greatly that they think so little of SAF.

This might be my number one favourite backfire on the caf ever. Imagine thinking you were the rational one and all the others were just just knee jerk idiots who couldn’t see the woods for the trees. :lol:

Last edited:

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
This might be my number favourite backfire on the caf ever. Imagine thinking you were the rational one and all the others were just just knee jerk idiots who couldn’t see the woods for the trees. :lol:
Holds for pretty much the entire

"Is the United forum safe yet?" - thread.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Sometimes, something ‘clicks’ and what seemed like a disaster turns a corner to much better times. However, that all needs time and stability. I was around when pretty much exactly the same thing was happening with SAF. He’d had three years, we were dreadful, then we won a cup game and never looked back. That may or may not be the case with OGS, or any other manager we bring in, but we’ll never know if we ditch them every two/three years. I honestly think that if we’d had stuck by Moyes rather than ditch him after half a season, we’d have won the league at least once over the last 8 years. Things are bad, I know, but they’re not that bad - we’re not fighting for our premiership lives, we’re still alive and kicking in the CL and we have a great chance with this side in the FA Cup. It’s time to hold firm.
I want the 20 seconds it took to read that back.

DLE

Alternative for Docklands Light Rail
Lately without even 10 games played yet (In the PL), there is so much negativity and pessimism on the forum?

Like it's almost as if you'd think we're in a relegation battle, even after finishing 2nd last year, and yes I've heard all the excuses as to why we finished 2nd and why it was nothing to do with Ole or the players and in fact more to do with the teams around us. I mean we deserve some credit can't make up excuses for every single positive thing that United do. Anyway, there seems to be a lot of talk and dislike towards the manager. Now more than ever it seems as I'm perplexed as to why? Why now of all times, why right this moment?

We're not in free fall by any means and yet the feeling around the fans on here anyway is that we're in some sort of disaster mode. Even news that Phelan, Carrick, McKenna are getting new contracts somehow comes back to Ole and fake, patronising praise for the club.

The season has just begun and I'll say it again, people are getting really upset to the point where from the outside looking in, looking at people's reactions to news, it seems as though we're flirting with the bottom 3.

It's the international break too, which doesn't help things either.
It’s almost as if the biggest club in the world also attracts the biggest glory hunters in the world.

Revan

Assumptionman
Sometimes, something ‘clicks’ and what seemed like a disaster turns a corner to much better times. However, that all needs time and stability. I was around when pretty much exactly the same thing was happening with SAF. He’d had three years, we were dreadful, then we won a cup game and never looked back. That may or may not be the case with OGS, or any other manager we bring in, but we’ll never know if we ditch them every two/three years. I honestly think that if we’d had stuck by Moyes rather than ditch him after half a season, we’d have won the league at least once over the last 8 years. Things are bad, I know, but they’re not that bad - we’re not fighting for our premiership lives, we’re still alive and kicking in the CL and we have a great chance with this side in the FA Cup. It’s time to hold firm.
Yup, it is simple as that. Give to any manager 6 years, and he will deliver. Alex Ferguson (before he got knighted and all that), was seriously untalented. He deserved to be sacked. But United hierarchy gave him the needed time, the time to surpass the threshold which converts awful managers to great ones. And the rest is history.

USREDEVIL

This really needs to be christened as a "Classic Post." The OP is an idiot savant.
I'm only joking OP, i've posted some stupid stuff as well, we all have.

Last edited:

Denis79

Yup, you just know he'll keep his act until we win a game (at some point in December at this rate) and be quick to pronounce himself as the sanest and most truest of fans.

I'd say we've found the Ty of Redcafe.
:lol: :lol:

Mike Oxard

Supports
City
What’s stabilising about Solskjaer exactly?
It’s not the individual, it’s the constant changing if the individual that’s the problem. The trend is generally that clubs that change their manager all the time never make progress. There is one exception to that, which is Chelsea, but them apart, clubs that keep managers for the long term generally do better than the ones that don’t.

Mike Oxard

Supports
City
An unhealthy number of posts are about Phil Jones, every single one mentions “he’s a warrior” and claims he should play when fit.

Make of that what you will.
He should. Jones isn’t perfect as we all know, but he never hides, always gives 100% and can anyone honestly say that we’d have been weaker with him in the side on Saturday or against Liverpool?

InfiniteBoredom

It’s not the individual, it’s the constant changing if the individual that’s the problem. The trend is generally that clubs that change their manager all the time never make progress. There is one exception to that, which is Chelsea, but them apart, clubs that keep managers for the long term generally do better than the ones that don’t.
I’m gonna assume that is meant truthfully, but just do yourself a favour and take a look at the amount of managers Real, Barca, Bayern, Juve have had compared to ours since Fergie left. You can even throw in the likes of Dortmund, Inter, Ajax for good measure.

If anything, the trend suggests the exact opposite. Clubs who are willing to admit their mistakes and move on quickly tend to do better in a sporting capacity.

izec

I’m gonna assume that is meant truthfully, but just do yourself a favour and take a look at the amount of managers Real, Barca, Bayern, Juve have had compared to ours since Fergie left. You can even throw in the likes of Dortmund, Inter, Ajax for good measure.

If anything, the trend suggests the exact opposite. Clubs who are willing to admit their mistakes and move on quickly tend to do better in a sporting capacity.
He is just pulling arguments to have Ole around forever. If it is true or not, just keep him forever. He is either someone that is longing for Fergie 2.0, or a bored oppo fan thinking he is clever.

Either way, keeping Ole around long term means the opposite of success. It is straight down the midtable.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Someone check BlueMoon for their Redcafe goes into Meltdown thread. You'll find him in there, I bet.

Bosnian_fan

Supports
Sarajevo
The guy is there on a trolling mission obviously, and doing a very good job. Almost had me at one point :lol:

You couldn't make it up. He wades in with 3 opinions:

1) Ole needs more time.
2) Sir Alex's achievements prior to coming here were nothing.
3) Phil Jones should be playing.

This guy is probably laughing his head off whilst typing this. Obvious troll.
Last season whilst suspiciously creaming his pants over City again he said “in 4-5 more seasons Ole can get us there”.

Of course he’s on a massive piss take.

Mike Oxard

Supports
City
You couldn't make it up. He wades in with 3 opinions:

1) Ole needs more time.
2) Sir Alex's achievements prior to coming here were nothing.
3) Phil Jones should be playing.

This guy is probably laughing his head off whilst typing this. Obvious troll.
1. Agreed
2. Not what I’m saying - SAF had modest success in a garbage league. When he arrived at OT, after nearly 3 years, the ‘faithful’ were calling for his head because we weren’t looking even close to challenging. Fortunately, the club didn’t pander to the wishes of the vocal minority.
3. In the absence of anything better, yes, he should. If we can sign better in the next window, fine, but a fit (and there lies the problem) Phil Jones is worth a place in this current team. Remember, he was signed by SAF, who generally knew what a decent player looked like.

Mike Oxard

Supports
City

Not in the Premier League. The converse is true.

wolvored

:lol: WUM

wolvored

1. Agreed
2. Not what I’m saying - SAF had modest success in a garbage league. When he arrived at OT, after nearly 3 years, the ‘faithful’ were calling for his head because we weren’t looking even close to challenging. Fortunately, the club didn’t pander to the wishes of the vocal minority.
3. In the absence of anything better, yes, he should. If we can sign better in the next window, fine, but a fit (and there lies the problem) Phil Jones is worth a place in this current team. Remember, he was signed by SAF, who generally knew what a decent player looked like.
Fergie finished 2nd in his first full season so like Ole he was looked on as could bring success. Unlike Ole he did.

Mike Oxard

Supports
City
Fergie finished 2nd in his first full season so like Ole he was looked on as could bring success. Unlike Ole he did.
SAF took the job in Nov 86, but didn’t win his first trophy until May 90. In that period, we finished 2nd, 11th and 13th in the league. If Solksjaer finished 11th, he’d be gone, no doubt. With SAF, what we now know is that those painful years were worth it.