Why so many knee-jerk reactions and negativity 7 games in?

Giggsyking

Winning the Scottish league was as unremarkable then as it is now. I know that SAF did it with Aberdeen, but it was still a farmers league. Winning the Cup Winners Cup puts Aberdeen up there with Mechelen, Dynamo Tiblisi and MTK Hungaria. SAF turned into the greatest ever, but he didn’t arrive as that. Maybe the same will happen with Solskjaer.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Wonder if the WUM thinks Liverpool should have stuck with Rodgers? Hiring Klopp has been the best thing to have happened to Liverpool in decades - going by his theory, it would never have happened.

The Ole experiment has failed, I think every United fan would have loved for him to have been SAF 2.0, but it will never be the case, the only people seemingly unwilling to accept that are the United board and some stubborn fans unwilling to admit they are wrong (along with some wums).

Mike Oxard

Supports
City
*Checks their careers after they left us*

Dont reckon mate.
So what would make you happy? A manager that’s been there and done it all like Mourinho or a manager who’s performed well at a ‘lesser’ club like, say, SAF or Moyes?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
There’s a trend here. Any manager who doesn’t succeed in double quick time with us is ‘poor’.

Maybe the problem is elsewhere in the equation.
Why do you say "us" and then have City as your supported team?

Mike Oxard

Supports
City
Why do you say "us" and then have City as your supported team?
Because the mods seem to think that I’m a City fan because I think we should give Ole more time. God forbid that any Utd fan should get behind the manager of course.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Because the mods seem to think that I’m a City fan because I think we should give Ole more time. God forbid that any Utd fan should get behind the manager of course.
You've also boiled SAF's pre United club as someone who's just "performed well" at a lesser club. He did a bit more than that mate.

Regardless of how our managers pre-Ole worked out one thing you have to understand is no top club in their right minds would hire him in the first place. The fact that we gave him 3 years and 400m tells you that he's got the time and backing that only other managers can dream of. And he's still fecked up royally.

largelyworried

So what would make you happy? A manager that’s been there and done it all like Mourinho or a manager who’s performed well at a ‘lesser’ club like, say, SAF or Moyes?
There's no single route for a manager. Could be a high level manager at the peak of their career, like Pep or Tuchel. Or it could be a manager at a lower level club who has taken their club far beyond where you would expect them.

Mike Oxard

Supports
City
You've also boiled SAF's pre United club as someone who's just "performed well" at a lesser club. He did a bit more than that mate.

Regardless of how our managers pre-Ole worked out one thing you have to understand is no top club in their right minds would hire him in the first place. The fact that we gave him 3 years and 400m tells you that he's got the time and backing that only other managers can dream of. And he's still fecked up royally.
He’s had a bad start to this season, made to feel worse by the euphoria and the misplaced expectation when Ronaldo was signed, but that’s about it. It’s a long season, with plenty of games left. If he doesn’t get into the top 4, I’ll hold my hands up, but I think that he’ll achieve that.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He’s had a bad start to this season, made to feel worse by the euphoria and the misplaced expectation when Ronaldo was signed, but that’s about it. It’s a long season, with plenty of games left. If he doesn’t get into the top 4, I’ll hold my hands up, but I think that he’ll achieve that.
If he just gets top 4 and does nothing else, it's still a big failure and sack worthy. You can't say "give him time, he might get top 4" - if that's the case I still want him sacked now. We are not a club who should be looking for top 4 after 3 years, 400m and introducing Sancho Varane and Ronaldo in one window.

It's over, he's cooked.

NK86

There’s a trend here. Any manager who doesn’t succeed in double quick time with us is ‘poor’.

Yes, the problem is with the morons who thought giving the reigns to someone who got Cardiff relegated was a bright plan.

NK86

He staying until the end of the season, if it unravels then replace with Poch or Ten Haag.

Question here is if Ole finishes third and somehow wins the champions league does he still need to go?
And in that dream of yours, have we also ended hunger and invented time travel?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
We've tried getting behind the manager for three years. To say people just need to 'get behind him' after a string of completely inept performances is a joke. 15 goals conceded in 6 games. Even top 4 is a failure with this squad. You're wumming.

Mike Oxard

Supports
City
We've tried getting behind the manager for three years. To say people just need to 'get behind him' after a string of completely inept performances is a joke. 15 goals conceded in 6 games. Even top 4 is a failure with this squad. You're wumming.
It’s more about the upheaval and ‘back to square one’ issue of a change.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Yeah but that's like standing on a square engulfed in fire and saying you don't want to go back to the square that only had some sparks on it.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Yeah I think he's had a fair crack at it. The supporters have been behind him and he's been well supported in the market. I think he's done good but it's time to move him on now. Manchester United and their supporters are more patient than most other clubs to be fair, but I think he's taking them as far as he can and the wheels have come off this season and I don't really see a way back. It would be a shame to see this side wasted.

dal

And in that dream of yours, have we also ended hunger and invented time travel?
Not but with Sancho, Ronaldo, Rashford, Bruno, Maguire and Varane playing it’s not impossible.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Your concept on that is most likely prehistoric. LVG, Mourinho and Ole got enough time. You should just accept that that got it wrong wrt them and others got it right. It doesn't take much to swallow your pride. Pretending to live in some meaningless alternate reality where these managers were building greatness is merely a fool's errand and pure delusion.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Chelsea didn't go back to square one when they hired Tuchel. When you hire a quality manager, you don't have to if you've got a good set of players.

Thing is, upheaval to be better is always preferable than settling for mediocrity.

stw2022

Chelsea didn't go back to square one when they hired Tuchel. When you hire a quality manager, you don't have to if you've got a good set of players.

Thing is, upheaval to be better is always preferable than settling for mediocrity.

Exactly. The whole 'we're an awful club unless every manager gets £500m to buy a brand new squad with' mindset needs to change too. We should be expecting managers to largely work with what they have and once they've proven they're competent then work with them to improve the team. The current situation where we have to spend the GDP of a small Caribbean nation before we judge how good a manager is, is ridiculous.

Mike Oxard

Supports
City
Your concept on that is most likely prehistoric. LVG, Mourinho and Ole got enough time. You should just accept that that got it wrong wrt them and others got it right. It doesn't take much to swallow your pride. Pretending to live in some meaningless alternate reality where these managers were building greatness is merely a fool's errand and pure delusion.
Yes, changing the manager every two years has really paid dividends hasn’t it?

wolvored

Yes, changing the manager every two years has really paid dividends hasn’t it?
Oles been here 3 and were getting steadily worse. So do we keep him for another 3 years and go on a wing and a prayer he changes 100% and becomes good? You really got no argument.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
He seems to be doing ok on infinitely lesser resources than he’d have had with us, had he been here for more than half a season.
What you're ignoring is that the managerial skillset required to stabilise a team and get them to compete for European places is different from that required at the highest level. When you are managing and competing with others at the pinnacle of the sport, fine details become exponentially more important.

If you have a manger who's a bit thick, you can get away with getting results when there is a large talent disparity in your favour and probably can be in with a shout of getting top 4. Winning trophies and competing with other elite clubs to do so is a different remit altogether. It just is not sufficient to be so tactically clueless compared to the likes of Pep, Klopp, and Tuchel.

Ole deserves credit for helping to get the club back on track post-Mourinho. But the simple fact of the matter is that the job requirements have changed and he is not up to the task.

largelyworried

He seems to be doing ok on infinitely lesser resources than he’d have had with us, had he been here for more than half a season.
He’s back to his level, running plucky mid table teams occasionally touching top four for a few weeks now and again.

Houdini

Why so many knee-jerk reactions? It's only November, we can still win the title, CL and the FA cup!

NZT-One

There are only a handful of managers that can do that on limited resources.
But United doesn't operate on limited ressources. So what are you trying to pull here? Moyes was out of his depth, wasn't able to deal with big egos he wasn't used to, wasn't used to be under pressure of winning every game in style. He is still a fine manager but he wasn't ready for a top club yet. Is he today? Probably not. But there are only a few at the top.