Why the heck #OLEOUT is trending again?

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Do we think the 433 thing was all hot air?
It's the same as Ole saying we will not be out-run or out-worked, we will only sign and keep players who want to play for this club and that players will be picked by their performance.

It's all a load of bullshit which fans love to hear and rarely applied.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
This is more or less accurate.

I find it stunning that some of our supporters look at that team today and genuinely seem to expect it to win the title.
Challenging for the title isn't the same as winning the title and most of us are talking about the former rather than the latter.

But yes, our side should absolutely be challenging for the title. It's an excellent squad that has some weaknesses but all the other potential challengers have some weaknesses too.

City quite literally don't have a centre-forward yet they'll still be expected to challenge for the title. Chelsea have a pile of players who (if they were here) would have question marks all around them but are expected to challenge for the title. Liverpool are coming off a disastrous season having done relatively little strengthening over the summer but will be expected to challenge for the title.

I'm not so bothered about today as there are quite a few players who have yet to gather full fitness and work their way to the team. But the downplaying of our prospects of challenging reeks of people trying to pre-emptively protect a manager who (if he is a manger on par with Klopp, Guardiola, Tuchel, etc. as he should be) should have the same expectations as those managers applied to him this season.

Kag

Challenging for the title isn't the same as winning the title and most of us are talking about the former rather than the latter.

But yes, our side should absolutely be challenging for the title. It's an excellent squad that has some weaknesses but all the other potential challengers have some weaknesses too.

City quite literally don't have a centre-forward yet they'll still be expected to challenge for the title. Chelsea have a pile of players who (if they were here) would have question marks all around them but are expected to challenge for the title. Liverpool are coming off a disastrous season having done relatively little strengthening over the summer but will be expected to challenge for the title.

I'm not so bothered about today as there are quite a few players who have yet to gather full fitness and work their way to the team. But the downplaying of our prospects of challenging reeks of people trying to pre-emptively protect a manager who (if he is a manger on par with Klopp, Guardiola, Tuchel, etc. as he should be) should have the same expectations as those managers applied to him this season.
I think we will challenge, especially when the likes of Sancho, Varane and Cavani are integrated into the first team. But I think our weakness in midfield is a bit of an outlier. I think it’s an extraordinary weakness at this level. More than a weakness; more like a gaping hole in which aggressive sides like Southampton will continue to exploit, especially when we’re away from home.

Offsideagain

It trending because he picks the wrong team too often. Sancho sat on his £75m arse for most of the match, Varane been here for two weeks and isn’t fit. Lukaku played today, he’s been at Chelsea a few days. Fred,Martial need to go but who would buy them? I would like to see more emotion from him. He said they were tired!! One game a week ago and they’re tired? Please. And that away kit is crap.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I think we will challenge, especially when the likes of Sancho, Varane and Cavani are integrated into the first team. But I think our weakness in midfield is a bit of an outlier. I think it’s an extraordinary weakness at this level. More than a weakness; more like a gaping hole in which aggressive sides like Southampton will continue to exploit, especially when we’re away from home.
Again if it’s such a massive hole then why has the manager not done anything to fill it up . He let Herrera go who is still starting for PSG and then we bought a midfielder last summer for 40 million who can’t get on the pitch at all . VDB was one of the few players who didn’t play in the Euros and yet the manager just won’t play him at all. Getting outplayed by a club like Southampton with limited resources is embarrassing frankly

Kag

Again if it’s such a massive hole then why has the manager not done anything to fill it up . He let Herrera go who is still starting for PSG and then we bought a midfielder last summer for 40 million who can’t get on the pitch at all . VDB was one of the few players who didn’t play in the Euros and yet the manager just won’t play him at all. Getting outplayed by a club like Southampton with limited resources is embarrassing frankly
There have been lots of holes to fix post Van Gaal/Mourinho, sadly. I think the Herrera situation was more to do with the club and Van de Beek was bought to provide cover and competition for Bruno. Granted, he’s yet to convince or make a mark.

If it were up to Ole then I think we’d still be spending. Midfield being the priority.

SirScholes

"We have improved from 2018".
It is a true statement but, now it’s time for the next step, just like city did by bringing in Pep, Liverpool with Klopp and most recently Chelsea and Tuchel.
The players can improve but I hope ole looks at himself as well, why is matic starting, why change an attack 3 which scored 5, and the change wasn’t sancho…but freaking martial.
That’s basic stuff surely

Wilt

Disappointing we didn’t get all 3 points, but not that surprising. Leeds attacking style was taylor made for us and not unexpected Southampton would sit back.

VivaRonaldo85

Tuchel didn’t need 5 yrs
He’s my comparison too. Another top 4 club who have spent big money in recent seasons. If Chelsea keep having success whilst we keep ending season’s trophyless, it don’t look great on Ole.

MrSingh2002

The worst thing is we'll see all the other "top team" pump Southampton home and away.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics

As I understand it the Glazers gave Ole a £100m net transfer budget. Basically enough to secure top 4. Probably not enough to win a league. Which is exactly their financial model.

If you want a coach to outperform his budget, you need a better coach. Ole is not that bad. But nor is he that good.

OleBoiii

"Why the heck #OLEOUT is trending again?"

The answer is always: because a sizeable portion of our fanbase are a bunch of children. That includes people in their 30's and sometimes even 40's.

Womp

idiot
It's trending because people are seeing the same issues and patterns that have been prevalent since he has joined and I'm guessing they may just be losing hope he's ever going to be good enough to turn it around, if they haven't already.

Teja

Apart from the time we beat Red Bull 5-0? In fairness it was nearly 10 months ago.

Oh and beating Pep 3 out of the last 4 games in the league, other than that you're correct it never happens.
You really think we were able to play out the back when we beat RBL 5-0? We were locked deep inside our half for the whole of the first half and resorted to counter attacks to win it.

My point is a very narrow one - we're fine in defence --> offence transitions / counter attacks - the other side commits men forward, you win a tackle and attack at pace. However if you give the ball to us (say a goal kick or a throw in) deep in our half and the other side is positioned high up the pitch ready to apply pressure, we become utter shit.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
fecking state of some posters on here. I swear we have such a toxic online fan base.

KingCavani

The standards are higher. Ole and some of his more ardent defenders are going to need to accept that.

United have to he competing for the title this year and the standards that have been set by City and Liverpool in the last 5 years have made slip ups deadlier to your chances.

It was a terrible result and display. They missed a sitter to win it. The football still looks devoid of any structure or cohesion especially compared to our rivals with Pep, Klopp and Tuchel.

Ole’s not getting sacked any time soon but if we don’t stay in contention then he should be under pressure. I’m tired of hearing about the progress and improvement he’s made without anything to show for it. He’s been backed heavily, no more excuses.

Reactions: Cheimoon

Giggsy13

fecking state of some posters on here. I swear we have such a toxic online fan base.
Both sides imo are full of shite. The Ole outers hold extreme views that Ole is utterly incompetent and incapable of being a manager at all. Likewise the Ole in brigade are holding on to a romanticized view that a club legend could lead us to glory again. Again both groups full of shite.

Credit to Ole for helping bring back a sense of stability and having the club go back to its roots. Some of our signings have been decent and we’ve had some great results. With that said, can anyone honestly say with certainty that Ole is capable of leading a title winning squad? Does he have that ruthlessness of world class managers and a living God like Sir Alex? Today was further proof that he probably doesn’t have it in him, and it is questionable whether he can take another significant step into making us genuine title contenders.

sp_107

He didnt have the balls to strip off NO-4 jersey from Phil and give it to Varane
He dint have the balls to sub off Martial /Matic at half time when it was not working
He didnt have the balls to replace Rashford last year when he was having bad games

These are few examples but list goes on, But keep in mind Ole done a briliant job overall compared to previous managers who blew lot of money.
so hope Ole learns from his mistakes and dont repeat them. #Oleout is a stupid trending if you ask me

Even a 10 years old kid can say we need a strong DM who can bring the balance to this team but he is not forcing board to bring in one.

We cant rely on Fred/ Matic

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Our fanbase are mainly dumb w*nkers. If you don't enjoy following United just take up another hobby rather than stinking the place up with constant moaning and negativity. Man Utd's days of dominance are gone. Man Utd are a top four/cup side now, nothing you can do about it - trophies are not the sole aspect of why any of us fell in love with the club.
Whilst United continue to spend serious money on players, profit enormously from our huge fanbase, pay incredible wages to our players and charge the same money to watch them play as they did when we were winning everything, then we will always be seen as a team that should be challenging. Transfer fees, turnover, wages... we're up there. When you look at the list of top 10 most expensive transfers in the PL history, we probably have the most and the only one not still with us is the guy Ole decided to sell (Lukaku).

You'd obviously love for us to be viewed solely as a top 4/cup team from now on, so that Ole gets a job for life and can only ever over achieve in your head with our super expensive squad, but unfortunately some of us, and practically every other top football club, don't view it that way. We're not a charity where people come to just do their best and see what happens.

Woziak

I guess the truth is all 4 of the so called top EPL clubs have similar squads with maybe Chelsea, Liverpool and City being marginally ahead of us, especially in Midfield, So while Ole is getting in the top 4, the Glaziers will continue to keep him, however a club like united can not under any circumstances go 5 years without a major Trophy and 10 years without a domestic title, Conte is lurking , Brendon Rogers has won silverware and Poch will get sacked when PSG do not win the CL so Ole will have had 3 and half year stint, having done an admirably job, top 4 every season, a couple of defeats in cup finals, yes I predict an Fa or League cup defeat again this season, a couple of 1/4 Champions league positions and ultimately just not good enough to win a trophy but hey let’s be positive a truly Elite Manager would win trophies with this squad and an elite CFW next year, we fumed at Jose when he said Martial was not good enough and we needed to invest after coming second, now we applaud some of his honesty, he wasn’t right for United but he did win trophies, United’s Fanbase deserve the best, the best doesn’t draw away to a very average Saints Team with that squad at his disposal, we defend Ole but ultimately he’s like that same girl you’ll always love as a friend but she’s never going to be Girlfriend or wife material !

Green_Red

We've drawn 5 and won 2 away at Southampton since 2017. They always give us a good game, or at least raise their game against us, all the nearly rans like Walcott and Romeu. Our away record is still on, which is an accomplishment whether you want to accept it or not. We're two games in and I don't think we have played our strongest XI yet. Lets see where we are in the league come the international break.

croadyman

Might not be trending if he actually woke up one day and thought I needed better coaching to help me, he would then certainly get more of my support and then not treating Donny with such utter contempt as well

RedKnight88

Am I the only person that's not OLEIN or Ole out? I mean, I am happy for either way. strange one I know. I never felt like this for Jose or LVG