Why the heck #OLEOUT is trending again?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
It's trending again.

Honestly, 2 games in.

Fecking 2 games.
The expectation is that we challenge for the title this season. With it set that high you're going to see criticism for Solskjaer rapidly mount whenever we put in abject performances like today.

The other factor is that the more we strengthen with players like Varane and Sancho, the more the quality of our manager takes central place over the quality of our squad when it comes to discussion on what's holding us back.

mu4c_20le

Because Nuno's Spurs is ahead of us. Nuno's Spurs should never be ahead of us.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I can't blame them really. He's got all the talent in the world to beat Southampton comfortably. Yet he insists on players like Matic and Fred in CM. Ole needs to grow a backbone. This is United not Molde or Cardiff. We play attacking minded players.
Just like Pep had the talent to beat Spurs last week? Or Tuchel had talent to beat Leicester in FA Cup final?

I'm fine with people criticizing performances and I think we should've done much better, but analyzing performance on a game by game basis is not a smart way of analyzing things

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I'm sure Van de Beek and Pogba would've offered much more protection :wenger:
The issue here is the mentality teams are set in. If we play a midfield with Pogba, VDB, Fred, Sancho and Bruno then you expect that we'd be playing the game in Southampton's box most of the time. There would be less passing mistakes, more creativity and less pressure on defense. Also Southampton's defense will be aware about how lively Greenwood can be thus they will have to keep an eye on him as well. The system we played encourage Southampton to put pressure on us as Fred will lose the ball while Matic/Martial won't run.

It comes a time when the fans need to stop blaming the owners for lack of investment and start blaming the manager for his inability to use the talent at his disposal. We're a quality CM away from that. However we still have more then enough talent to annihilate Southampton with or without this new signing.

anant

Not sure if serious. It's 2 games into the season - we're ahead of City as well

devilish

Just like Pep had the talent to beat Spurs last week? Or Tuchel had talent to beat Leicester in FA Cup final?

I'm fine with people criticizing performances and I think we should've done much better, but analyzing performance on a game by game basis is not a smart way of analyzing things
Off days can happen. FFS my old mate Michael Mifsud made Pique and Evans look silly once. However ask yourself these simple questions. With the talent at our disposal should Matic and Martial have started? I mean everyone apart from Ole knows that the former is finished and the latter is a passenger. Why on earth was Greenwood moved to RW again? Why hasn't Sancho started? What does VDB has to do to frigging play?

PoTMS

To be fair, it could be argued that Nuno is a better coach than Ole. Though neither would be at the top of my list if I was choosing a manager to coach a team.

VidaMata

The expectation is that we challenge for the title this season. With it set that high you're going to see criticism for Solskjaer rapidly mount whenever we put in abject performances like today.
Who's expectation?! Surely not of anyone who knows a thing about football.

Hoping that we'll challenge makes sense. Expecting is bizarre.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
I can't blame them really. He's got all the talent in the world to beat Southampton comfortably. Yet he insists on players like Matic and Fred in CM. Ole needs to grow a backbone. This is United not Molde or Cardiff. We play attacking minded players.
It's almost like you lot think that every single player is 100% match fit at every point of the season, including right after a bad pre season because of covid and Euros.
And that noone needs to get comfortable with new teammates and in a new city.

Just start the on paper best team every single match, it works in fifa and FM.

wolvored

We're gonna win feck all (again)
We know you're gonna believe us, we know you're gonna believe us, we know you're gonna believe uuuus

PoTMS

It's almost like you lot think that every single player is 100% match fit at every point of the season, including right after a bad pre season because of covid and Euros.

Other players who have moved to rival clubs seem to be doing perfectly fine.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

Can't believe you still haven't understood Ole. His strategy always has been safety first. Doesn't really matter if they are match fit or not.

He could have easily put Pogba in midfield yet he stick with him until 85th minute and brings on Lingard. Seriously?

devilish

Oh comeon. VDB had barely ever been given a sniff throughout the entire season. So its not like its a matter of match fitness. Also I'd rather see us play someone whose not 100% fit then Matic. The guy is more gone then Roy Keane is.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
The main reason I'm pissed today is because United cost me nearly £900 today. :(

cyberman

Yep, we looked leggy in in the last 20 minutes which isn’t like us with the amount of late goals we get.
Just shows all of the just enjoy the win last week crowd were posting in bad faith because it’s all coming out now

redshaw

There's a large group that don't rate him, they sit there waiting to jump on Ole.

The quality of the football doesn't help, it's only good in short bursts. I think most will admit United hard to watch most of the time. The team is too dependent on Bruno or Pogba.

anant

Off days can happen. FFS my old mate Michael Mifsud made Pique and Evans look silly once. However ask yourself these simple questions. With the talent at our disposal should Matic and Martial have started? I mean everyone apart from Ole knows that the former is finished and the latter is a passenger. Why on earth was Greenwood moved to RW again? Why hasn't Sancho started? What does VDB has to do to frigging play?
McT wasn't fit enough to start and that's the only reason Matic played.

Martial, I think shouldn't have started. However he scored in BCD friendly vs Burnley and I'm assuming he would have done something good in training for him to start

Josep Dowling

Players didn’t look fit today.

Why has Sancho come back not looking match fit when you see Lukaku start and score almost immediately?

Why is Varane not starting?

Why am I seeing yet another season where we have spent over £100m yet our starting 11 is exactly the same as last season? In fact the team was exactly the same line up two seasons ago

Why are we playing with two shit midfielders with all the talent in the squad?

How can Martial still be allowed to start as the CF when he cannot offer anything? He’s had all summer to work on fitness and finishing?

This is all on Ole and the coaching team once again. I’m sure people will say I’m going over the top after two games but we do this every season and this is precisely why we won’t win the league. So much talent in that squad and we have had James start last week, with a midfield of Matic and Fred today. It’s rubbish. Southampton will be in a relegation scrap this season. Our record against bottom 5 teams has to be the worse compared to top 6 rivals.

Last edited:

siw2007

This is the make or break season for Ole, this is the best squad of players we’ve had in a long time and he needs to show he can utilise it. However, I prefer to wait to see how the season develops before I make up my mind on Ole’s future, he probably got the selection wrong today but if we win the next few games then it looks a little rosier.

devilish

McT wasn't fit enough to start and that's the only reason Matic played.

Martial, I think shouldn't have started. However he scored in BCD friendly vs Burnley and I'm assuming he would have done something good in training for him to start
We've got better options then Matic. For example we could have played Pogba in CM or VDB. The Serbian's legs are gone. The only one who seem not acknowledging that is Ole.

Teja

Here's my frustration with Ole.

I don't think I've ever seen us play well against a side with a good pressing game. It doesn't matter if it's RBL or Southampton or City or Pool or even Arsenal. It's just whenever there are markers 1:1 high up the pitch, with the ball with the GK, we live dangerously and give away atleast 1-2 turnovers to the pressing team that result in dangerous chances.

It's not even a personnel thing - it doesn't matter if Pogba is in the middle or if it's Fred or if it's McTominay. They receive the ball, get pressured, want to find an open pass, none exists, dwell on the ball for a bit too long, attempt a dangerous pass when none exists and give it away.

I find it unbelievable that amongst McKenna, Carrick and Ole they can't solve the simple, almost set play like situation of the GK having the ball, CBs split wide, DM drop deep and play it out. They can just go direct to Pogba on the left and counter press if we lose the ball but they don't do that either. It's the stubborn insistence that they have to play it out the back coupled with the complete lack of ability to do so that gets us in so much trouble.

You can blame individuals - Fred and Matic have had shit games today, but I don't think we would've done significantly better if we had Jorginho and Kovacic or Rodri and Gundogan.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Other players who have moved to rival clubs seem to be doing perfectly fine.
Yeah there are always excuses. Just check Sancho thread when people asked about his whereabouts.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Who's expectation?! Surely not of anyone who knows a thing about football.

Hoping that we'll challenge makes sense. Expecting is bizarre.
Really? I would say the broad consensus in media and fan discussions of the upcoming season has been that we should be challenging for a title this season, albeit with the bookies still having us as fourth favourites to actually win the title.

Tbh if you think that wouldn't be the expectation on Ole after this long in charge, a second place finish last season and (what have been percieved as) excellent summer signings then you're living in a different reality to the one Solskjaer is actually managing in.

He's managing Manchester United, not Arsenal. He's done well not to escape more pressure to challenge up to now as the narrative has been that he's rebuilding the club but it's hard to spin falling backwards from second as continued progress. If we don't challenge for the title he'll rightly receive massive criticism.

Not that OleOut should be trending after two games, mind you.

Last edited:

Zen86

It’s trending due to a minority of idiots in our fanbase, and more importantly, WUMs on the internet knowing how idiotic some of our fanbase is.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Southampton stole a point and everyone acting like everything is a disaster again.

gorky_utd

Here's my frustration with Ole.

I don't think I've ever seen us play well against a side with a good pressing game. It doesn't matter if it's RBL or Southampton or City or Pool or even Arsenal. It's just whenever there are markers 1:1 high up the pitch, with the ball with the GK, we live dangerously and give away atleast 1-2 turnovers to the pressing team that result in dangerous chances.

It's not even a personnel thing - it doesn't matter if Pogba is in the middle or if it's Fred or if it's McTominay. They receive the ball, get pressured, want to find an open pass, none exists, dwell on the ball for a bit too long, attempt a dangerous pass when none exists and give it away.

I find it unbelievable that amongst McKenna, Carrick and Ole they can't solve the simple, almost set play like situation of the GK having the ball, CBs split wide, DM drop deep and play it out. They can just go direct to Pogba on the left and counter press if we lose the ball but they don't do that either. It's the stubborn insistence that they have to play it out the back coupled with the complete lack of ability to do so that gets us in so much trouble.

You can blame individuals - Fred and Matic have had shit games today, but I don't think we would've done significantly better if we had Jorginho and Kovacic or Rodri and Gundogan.
Exactly this. Just look at che, city, pool, they are all comfortable in this department without any issue.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
We haven’t got a competent midfield.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Oh comeon. VDB had barely ever been given a sniff throughout the entire season. So its not like its a matter of match fitness. Also I'd rather see us play someone whose not 100% fit then Matic. The guy is more gone then Roy Keane is.
I'd like VDB to be as good as we all want him to be, but he hasn't really proven that he deserves to play more when he's had the chance.
Matic is usually a safe pick (too safe in my opinion), but disappointed today, and so did Fred and Bruno.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Our fanbase are mainly dumb w*nkers. If you don't enjoy following United just take up another hobby rather than stinking the place up with constant moaning and negativity. Man Utd's days of dominance are gone. Man Utd are a top four/cup side now, nothing you can do about it - trophies are not the sole aspect of why any of us fell in love with the club.

Matthew84!

We've got better options then Matic. For example we could have played Pogba in CM or VDB. The Serbian's legs are gone. The only one who seem not acknowledging that is Ole.
Well we could of played Pogba in CM but everyone would of said he played well in the last game so why has Ole changed his position. VDB is not a CM, weak on the ball and slower than Matic.