Will Bruno achieve legend status at utd?

Ronaldo's Love Child

"Legend" ? I'm not even sure he should be a guaranteed starter but allow me to elaborate on that.

We got Bruno when our midfield was pants as was most of our team. He comes in, runs around a lot (some might argue like a headless chicken), his work rate gets praised scored a lot of penalties and, to be fair, initially was streets ahead most of our other players. My argument is that our "other players" were not a strong benchmark to compare him against. He looked good amongst our dross.

Because of this we adapted our tactics and playing style to make him the main man in our team. We allow him freedom to do what he wants and he decision making in those moments is not great and certainly NOT "legend status"

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
The way I see it there are 3 main ingredients for a legend. Having all 3 makes you are sure bet. 2/3 makes you hard to argue against.

Major trophies
Longevity (most of your career spent at the club)
Ability (one of the best on the team)

Bruno only has 1/3. If he stays at United for the rest of his career, while continually being a top performer, he will probably be a legend. Right now not even close.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
That's an outlandish description. And sorry, the conclusion is just too massively contradicted by both what any relatively unbiased eye can see and his demonstrable impact to deserve to be taken seriously.
Your post might be relevant if nobody else was claiming similar and if I hadn’t posted statistics that back up my observation.

All you’re doing is claiming your opinion as fact and trying to diminish an argument with excessive hysteria which suggests that actually you can’t find any foundation to back up your claims or to counter my argument. So you just want to deflect. Poor but happens so often here.

davidmichael

Lee Martin is more of a ‘legend’ than Bruno will ever be.
Lee Martin will always be in my eyes for giving me one of the happiest memories of my life, was a bit young to fully remember the 1985 final but 1990 was the first trophy me and my Grandad fully enjoyed together and even my Nan got involved in the celebrations.

SER19

Only with trophies. He's been a joy for most of his time here. A real shame for him if he doesn't win a big one

Cloud7

I think it would be difficult to call him a legend if he never wins a serious trophy with us. I do think he will be remembered as the best post SAF player up to this point, at the very least.