Will Bruno achieve legend status at utd?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Unless we start winning meaningful titles soon, it's unlikely.

Hughes35

Jesus. How far have we fallen if being our captain during such an awful time, diving cheating and moaning earn you the tag of a "Legend".

mikeyt

One of the most unlikeable United players in recent memory. Can’t stand his on pitch antics and his production has gone way downhill since we don’t get many penalties these days. Not even close to a legend and never will be

NLunited

He is literally the only player we have who makes stuff happen.

Jaffa Cakes II

Supports
Scunthorpe United
I will never EVER understand why our fans hate and bash him constantly.

Is it so hard to fathom? We identify with the team. To some extent we live our lives vicariously. We like heroes, warriors, champions, fighters, charisma - all the things many of us mere mortals aspire to and struggle to achieve in our own lives. Bruno has lots of skill but as for the rest he is a whining wuss bag, a wimp, a bottler, a diver, a drama queen, a blamer. Not much in that list that I for one aspire to.

TsuWave

Been our best performer almost every year since joining, but yeah let’s slag him off and pretend United will turn everything around completely as soon as he’s gone.
Once you're done with whatever it is you're doing in the post above - can we back on topic about the "Manchester United legend" thing, please?

AnotherLondonManc

As of right now, not a chance.
But if he captained us to a PL title, then I'd say he's a shoe in.

That's about the least he could do though, so it's basically no chance.

sugar_kane

Sadly not, I think he's missed his chance now.

He had all the makings to be one, flair player, adventurous, passionate, a bit of an edge, hated by oppo fans. But ultimately we have barely achieved anything while he's been here, and he's approaching his decline years.

If by some miracle he captains us to the league next year, then yes - but that's extremely unlikely. The greater likelihood is we see diminishing returns until he gets shipped off.

Also, I've noticed this season he doesn't seem to be anywhere near as happy or passionate about the club, despite his captaincy. It's probably mounting frustration and I wouldn't be surprised if he is eyeing a move.

If as likely he leaves without winning anything of note he will be in the bracket containing the likes of Mata and Herrera. Good players who gave it all and were just here at the wrong time.

In terms of post-Fergie signings he's up there but that's not saying much. If anything I'd put him below Zlatan whose one full season felt like a bolt of lightning, even if the level of achievement wasn't much different.

ROFLUTION

Once you're done with whatever it is you're doing in the post above - can we back on topic about the "Manchester United legend" thing, please?
You sound rather chomical, when trying to display arrogance.

I will never EVER understand why our fans hate and bash him constantly.
Scapegoatism. He’s the one you can blame the easiest for the most things wrong at United, therefore gets to be some sort of magnet for hate.

pacifictheme

Seems very unlikely at this point. But then very few of our players are in my opinion.

Jericho

He was brilliant when he arrived, and continued to be brilliant for a good while after that.
He inevitably dropped off like everyone else who's come here in the last 10 years, but he didn't drop off near as much all of the others and has remained our best chance of creating a goal.
Had he gone somewhere else he could have achieved so much more, I think he wasted his career coming here during this era.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Kind of funny how we belittle Gerrard for never winning a league title but also debate whether Bruno can be considered a Man Utd legend. Although reading this thread I don't think there is a debate, seems pretty unanimous.

simplyared

Cannot believe some of the negative posts on here. Someone even comparing him with Mata and Herrera. FFS those 2 jokers stinkin the place out every time there were international games. People wanting to get rid. He's feckin carried us since he came. Without him on the pitch we create feck all. Yes, as someone mentioned - he makes stuff happen!

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
---> I'm not saying that they are the same type of player or equals in any way, shape or form <---

Would Robson not have been a United legend if he left us before winning the PL? He was 36 when he won his first PL trophy, so it's hardly a crazy thought-experiment.

In my book he would most definitely still be a legend. And that is why I can't use that as a legend qualifier. It's more complicated than that.

Last edited:

Matt Varnish

Hello Sailor.
Strange that of all the players who have worn the United shirt, only three have a statue outside Old Trafford.

Now give yourself a slap and try to imagine one of Bruno alongside those three players.
See, it's impossible isn't it?

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Kind of funny how we belittle Gerrard for never winning a league title
That's because it's fun to tease scousers. Of course he's a Liverpool legend.

Cannot believe some of the negative posts on here.
You should avoid the other Bruno threads then. They are even worse! At least here there are a handful of posters entertaining the idea that Bruno might be a legend. In other threads countless posters seriously debate whether or not Bruno is a good footballer.

hobbers

What a ridiculous thing to say!
A ridiculous fact.

I don’t know what to tell you if you think Bruno adds value in big games, especially big away games. And of course he’s the first one to drop his head and start whining when a game starts to slip away.

Matt Varnish

Hello Sailor.
Cannot believe some of the negative posts on here. Someone even comparing him with Mata and Herrera. FFS those 2 jokers stinkin the place out every time there were international games. People wanting to get rid. He's feckin carried us since he came. Without him on the pitch we create feck all. Yes, as someone mentioned - he makes stuff happen!
It's posts like this that make me think I'm watching a different game to everyone else.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
Hard to be a legend when your team never wins anything significant. He is 29 and it's very doubtful we will win the PL or CL in the next 3 years.

matt10000

It's because a large part of our fanbase get nothing out of actually watching a football match. I genuinely believe that.

They're all fixated on the long term - i.e. the Wikipedia entries on the trophy sheet, the tenure of a manager etc. Game to game, does nothing for our fans and they get nothing from watching good football, goals or performances. It's why they're not bothered by the 7-0s, 5-0s etc as long as erm we got top 4 or something of that ilk.
Exactly, Matt Le Tiss, total legend for The Saints in his day and a joy to watch for all fans of football but never played for a big club or won trophies

Matt Varnish

Hello Sailor.
Hard to be a legend when your team never wins anything significant. He is 29 and it's very doubtful we will win the PL or CL in the next 3 years.
Clubs who have never won a major trophy still have legends, Ron Radford and Ricky George for Hereford United for instance.
Geoff Hurst and Bobby Moore are considered West Ham legends, never won a league title, only won the League Cup and FA Cup, great players stand out in average teams, Bruno is not a great player.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
Clubs who have never won a major trophy still have legends, Ron Radford and Ricky George for Hereford United for instance.
Geoff Hurst and Bobby Moore are considered West Ham legends, never won a league title, only won the League Cup and FA Cup, great players stand out in average teams, Bruno is not a great player.
We are talking about Manchester United, not Hereford. Do you see the difference?

TsuWave

You sound rather chomical, when trying to display arrogance.
So you went from random hysterics to widely off the mark assumptions. Cool, can we get back to the matter at hand?

For clarification - there's no arrogance in asking you to get back on track if you're emotionally veering off-topic. This is a thread about the supposed merits an argument of Bruno Fernandes as United legend, has. Evidently some think he's already one, which I find wild. For you to use that as a segue for "been our best performer almost every year since joining, but yeah let’s slag him off and pretend United will turn everything around completely as soon as he’s gone." is odd.

Matt Varnish

Hello Sailor.
We are talking about Manchester United, not Hereford. Do you see the difference?
No.
You just have big club mentality.
What about players like Lou Macari, Martin Buchan, Gordon Hill, all great players, never won a league title, but still great and loyal servants to the club, does that make them legends?

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Been at the club for "only" 4 yrs so not yet up there but he must have all the credentials surely?
What do you consider to be legend status credentials?

Shows pashun, not much else really, and often it's just inconsequential whining not followed up by imposing himself on a game to turn it around which is what legends actually do.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
feck no. Christ, none of these players will achieve that status.