Will Harry Kane ever win a trophy?

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
He is so unlucky. He is a tremendous football player. I will blame Alonso for this.

gajender

All the naysayers would look so silly when he would lift Champions League trophy come June 1st .

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He'll miss the Euros to injury and England will win

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
It's actually hard to wrap my head around Bayern's failure to win the league. How do you take that team, add the best striker in the world, and fail to win the league you've walked for the past 11 years?

Not only is it legitimately embarrassing for both Bayern and Kane, it also makes one wonder where Spurs would be in the table if Kane had stayed.
Bayern got more points in the league than last season so far, despite clearly having given up now. That improvement is due to Kane and therefore he worked out well as a transfer.

This season so far isn't a failure on Bayern's behalf but a pretty norma season for them in the last decade, actually one of the better seasons after Pep left.

Leverkusen winning this season is 95% their own strength and maybe 5% you can blame Bayern for not breaking all time records with a subpar squad in some areas.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Bayern got more points in the league than last season so far, despite clearly having given up now. That improvement is due to Kane and therefore he worked out well as a transfer.

This season so far isn't a failure on Bayern's behalf but a pretty norma season for them in the last decade, actually one of the better seasons after Pep left.

Leverkusen winning this season is 95% their own strength and maybe 5% you can blame Bayern for not breaking all time records with a subpar squad in some areas.
I mean let's not pretend that Leverkusen have some incredible squad here. If they're pulling this off, there's no reason Bayern couldn't have either

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I mean let's not pretend that Leverkusen have some incredible squad here. If they're pulling this off, there's no reason Bayern couldn't have either
That's the 5% I attributed to be Bayern's fault :lol:

But if we have a serious look at the two squads I am sure that Leverkusen's squad is better balanced and has less quality/depth gaps than Bayern's squad. Bayern has a few more standout names but they also have to rely more on nobodys than Leverkusen.

Chairman Steve

Kane this season is a real-life Bad Luck Brian meme.

> Join club that is almost certain to win trophies
> Club’s first trophyless season in 12 years

es-muellert

Supports
Bayern München

Are you a secret Bayern Fan? I don't know why you always try to push this narrative. We are shite this season. Was it also Leverkusen's fault that we lost against Saarbrücken in the cup? That Leipzig smashed us in the super cup? That we are now sixth in the return table behind mighty Augsburg? That we are on our way to become third, not even second this season?

Looking at the points total is one thing, but if you actually watched the games you just cannot come to any other conclusion other than that Bayern is shite.

The fact that we have more points than last year probably only shows that the quality of the Bundesliga overall has taken another big hit. Just look at the teams after 5th spot in the league. No quality whatsoever. Leverkusen was actually happy to get past Quarabag. They're far from the Uber team the media tries to make out of them.

Winning dozens of games in the last minute, yes, that's also a quality, I give you that. But having to rely on that in the first place is hardly a characteristic of a top team.

Kwabs

Supports
Barcelona
He is so unlucky. He is a tremendous football player. I will blame Alonso for this.
At this stage, I'm really struggling to attribute it to luck. I mean, what is the historical comp for Kane? A player considered to be one of the best in the world who gets to age 30 and has not won a single thing? I can't think of one, maybe others have some ideas.

I consider players like Shearer and Baggio who were both great but didn't win that much. But in each case they at least won something.
Winning nothing after nearly 15 years of professional football at the top level really takes some doing.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Are you a secret Bayern Fan? I don't know why you always try to push this narrative. We are shite this season. Was it also Leverkusen's fault that we lost against Saarbrücken in the cup? That Leipzig smashed us in the super cup? That we are now sixth in the return table behind mighty Augsburg? That we are on our way to become third, not even second this season?
I'm definitely not. I keep repeating this because I feel like Bayern being shite (which is true) overshadows that that's not really what makes them lose the league. It is however what makes you lose the cup and super cup, but we just discussed the league above. So I don't really disagree with you :)

And yes I believe in part Leverkusen is to blame for Bayerns bad return round now, or better a lack of professionalism of the Bayern players being triggered by how far Leverkusen is running away.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
At this stage, I'm really struggling to attribute it to luck. I mean, what is the historical comp for Kane? A player considered to be one of the best in the world who gets to age 30 and has not won a single thing? I can't think of one, maybe others have some ideas.

I consider players like Shearer and Baggio who were both great but didn't win that much. But in each case they at least won something.
Winning nothing after nearly 15 years of professional football at the top level really takes some doing.
Even as an Arsenal fan, I have no doubt about Kane's quality as a footballer player. I have no explanation for his lack of trophy though. He probably shouldn't have signed that 8 year contract with Spurs. Imagine Kane plays the false 9 role for City or even Arsenal.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
He is having a Ballon d'Or level season and could win nothing. :lol: 50 goal contributions so far this season. Crazy.

Ole'sgunnarwin

Everyone is too stats driven these days to consider the fact that maybe just maybe teams might play better when he's not in the side and there's less fluency/freedom while he's on the pitch.

You'll see England this summer again with the likes of Foden and Bellingham occupying number 10 positions while Kane will keep dropping back and missing important chances.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Everyone is too stats driven these days to consider the fact that maybe just maybe teams might play better when he's not in the side and there's less fluency/freedom while he's on the pitch.

You'll see England this summer again with the likes of Foden and Bellingham occupying number 10 positions while Kane will keep dropping back and missing important chances.
The attack actually is more fluent with him on the pitch and playing better. It's really not his fault that Bayern's defence/DM is just shit at the moment. A mix of lack of players, bad players and out of form players, he simply can't outscore what those guys are messing up at the moment (you see... Eric Dier is first choice because currently he seems to be their most reliable CB :lol: )

Kwabs

Supports
Barcelona
Even as an Arsenal fan, I have no doubt about Kane's quality as a footballer player. I have no explanation for his lack of trophy though. He probably shouldn't have signed that 8 year contract with Spurs. Imagine Kane plays the false 9 role for City or even Arsenal.
I personally don't subscribe to the notion that it was impossible for Kane to win with Spurs or England and I think he's partly responsible due to ghosting in games where those teams had a chance to secure silverware. But even if we accept that it was very difficult for him to win with these teams, he's still culpable, at least as far as his club is concerned. There's no law that says that he had to stay at Spurs for 15 years. He should have left there ages ago if he really wanted to win things. Instead he waited until he was 30 and then tried to take what he thought was an easy trophy winning option. Maybe it will turn out to be that, but it certainly hasn't started well.....

Ole'sgunnarwin

I personally don't subscribe to the notion that it was impossible for Kane to win with Spurs or England and I think he's partly responsible due to ghosting in games where those teams had a chance to secure silverware. But even if we accept that it was very difficult for him to win with these teams, he's still culpable, at least as far as his club is concerned. There's no law that says that he had to stay at Spurs for 15 years. He should have left there ages ago if he really wanted to win things. Instead he waited until he was 30 and then tried to take what he thought was an easy trophy winning option. Maybe it will turn out to be that, but it certainly hasn't started well.....
Agreed

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Without a doubt the funniest thing in football at the moment.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
No chance Bayern go two consecutive seasons without silverware. He will win something next season. Funny though.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Haven't really watched him at Bayern but it's funny because I irrationally dislike him.

Well actually it isn't irrational. He is constantly cheating and I also didn't like how Tottenham made themselves a worse team just to accommodate his ego, which involved things like letting him shoot from EVERY freekick despite that fact he's unbelievably sh*t at it.

There is also probably more of a relationship between above and him having 0 trophies than might seem apparent..

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Alonso staying is terrible news for him. It’s not like Leverkusen have just taken advantage of an off year. They have absolutely smashed it.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Him joining Bayern and not winning the league is just hilarious.

Joel Miller

Haven't really watched him at Bayern but it's funny because I irrationally dislike him.

Well actually it isn't irrational. He is constantly cheating and I also didn't like how Tottenham made themselves a worse team just to accommodate his ego, which involved things like letting him shoot from EVERY freekick despite that fact he's unbelievably sh*t at it.

There is also probably more of a relationship between above and him having 0 trophies than might seem apparent..
Tend to agree with all of this. A really dirty player who always gets away with it, and above that I just think he gets crazy high praise for a guy who never really does the business in the biggest moments.

Pickle85

What a load of nonsense. It's funny to laugh at Kane because he's a gormless mug, but he's hardly constantly cheating - yes, the backing in thing he does on occasion is both dangerous and bang out of order - and to claim he made that spurs team worse is stupid, moreso at a time when their lack of a quality nine is clear to anyone with eyes. Or at least anyone with eyes that's actually watched them this season.

Last edited:

noodlehair

"It's like..."
What a load of nonsense. It's funny to laugh at Kane because he's a gormless mug, but he's hardly constantly cheating - yes, the backing in thing he does on occasion is both dangerous and bang out of order - and to claim he made that spurs team worse is stupid, moreso at a time when their lack of a quality nine is clear to anyone with eyes. Or at least anyone with eyes that's actually watched them this season.
He's one of the worst cheats in world football. He can't lose possession without diving and often he won't be interested in trying to keep it in the first place.

Spurs play better football and are a better team this season than they had been for the last few years with Kane. Yes his goals and individual contribution conpensated somewhat, but not enough to justify it.

The fact they are still on course for a better finish than last year despite literally replacing their 30 goal a year striker with no one, should give you a hint that maybe not all the impact he had on their team was positive.

Last season their entire gameplan revolved around massaging Kane's ego and it made them an absolutely awful team. Him leaving was a good move for both parties but it should have happened 2-3 years ago if he was serious about being successful elsewhere imo. Tottenham became Harry Kane FC in his last few years there, which as it turned out was no help to them or him.

Winning a bundesliga with Bayern (which im sure he'll do if he stays) is hardly a massive vindication. He could have been winning a treble at City.

Pickle85

He's one of the worst cheats in world football. He can't lose possession without diving and often he won't be interested in trying to keep it in the first place.

Spurs play better football and are a better team this season than they had been for the last few years with Kane. Yes his goals and individual contribution conpensated somewhat, but not enough to justify it.

The fact they are still on course for a better finish than last year despite literally replacing their 30 goal a year striker with no one, should give you a hint that maybe not all the impact he had on their team was positive.

Last season their entire gameplan revolved around massaging Kane's ego and it made them an absolutely awful team. Him leaving was a good move for both parties but it should have happened 2-3 years ago if he was serious about being successful elsewhere imo. Tottenham became Harry Kane FC in his last few years there, which as it turned out was no help to them or him.

Winning a bundesliga with Bayern (which im sure he'll do if he stays) is hardly a massive vindication. He could have been winning a treble at City.
Spurs play 'better' football (debatable given how open and easy to score against they are) because of the manager. It's got absolutely nothing to do with Kane leaving. You're confusing correlation with causation. The difference maker in the way they play has clearly been the manager and to say that spurs are a better team because an 'in his prime' Harry Kane left is absurd. He's not second time around united era Ronaldo.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
They'd be so much better with him under Ange. They looked much more complete in the brief time the two were together. Very weird statement to make, given Kane carried Spurs despite shite managerial runs pre Ange.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
It’s epic that he’s gone there and they haven’t won the league :lol: he’s an absolute cockwomble.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Spurs play 'better' football (debatable given how open and easy to score against they are) because of the manager. It's got absolutely nothing to do with Kane leaving. You're confusing correlation with causation. The difference maker in the way they play has clearly been the manager and to say that spurs are a better team because an 'in his prime' Harry Kane left is absurd. He's not second time around united era Ronaldo.
So just to be clear, you do not think Tottenham are a better team this season without Kane, or think its "debatable"?

Tottenham finished last season 8th with 60 points. They would quite literally have to lose every single one of their remaining games not to better that. They would not be able to play the way they set up this season with Kane, because everything would have to go through Kane. His positioning and selfishness in front of goal dictates that.

Good to see that you've moved the goalposts from "absurd" that Tottenham are a better team this season, to "absurd" that thinking the reason they're a better team this season has anything to do with Kane leaving.

No doubt the manager has made an impact but if Kane was so beneficial to Tottenham, they would not have been able to replace him with no one and improve. Denying they have improved I would argue is absurd when they not only have significantly improved results wise this season, but have gone from being an absolutely dire team to watch, to one of the most entertaining in the league.

Arguing the supreme importance of an individual player, only to then claim them leaving has been trumped because a manager got the team to play differently without them is also absurd.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
They'd be so much better with him under Ange. They looked much more complete in the brief time the two were together. Very weird statement to make, given Kane carried Spurs despite shite managerial runs pre Ange.
He carried them to being worse than they are now?

I don't think its a weird statement at all. Kane should have left Spurs years ago. They have moved on fine without him and can now actually build a team rather than build around a player. While Kane has wasted a few years "carrying" TOttenham to mid table obscurity instead of winning trophies elsewhere.

He could have signed for City a year before they signed Haaland. He also wanted to. Not his fault really apart from that he could maybe have pushed it more, but I'm not sure what benefit either him or Spurs ever got out of that deal not being done. Maybe you can explain to me how either have benefited from it?