Will Harry Kane ever win a trophy?

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Sorry to break it to you.
You're basically saying that Mainoo is as good as Bellingham. You're not only wrong, you're insanely wrong.

Delusion of the highest order even
Mainoo is getting dangerously overhyped on here. The lad is performing well but he's nowhere near Bellingham at 18. He isn't carrying the team with goals or assists like Robson either.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
You're basically saying that Mainoo is as good as Bellingham. You're not only wrong, you're insanely wrong.

Mainoo is getting dangerously overhyped on here. The lad is performing well but he's nowhere near Bellingham at 18. He isn't carrying the team with goals or assists like Robson either.
Bellingham can't even do the most basic things like running without hurting himself. Shite.

Remember the geese

You just said England won't win a trophy unless they start Mainoo. Who has shown nothing to suggest he is able to win a club any kind of trophy. Unlike Bellingham, who is.
No, I didn't say that. I was agreeing with a poster who felt that England had a greater chance of winning if Mainoo is in the side.

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
Insanely good striker that has largely been unlucky with the teams he has been in. This is the first time in his career he has failed to make his team better. Will most likely get the trophy he is desperate for next year.

Still think beating Shearer's record would have been a bigger achievment than winning anything, especially the Bundesliga for Bayern. He obviously doesn't feel the same

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Brutal draw. Losing the league is one thing but he will never live down getting eliminated by Arsenal of all teams.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Has he made Bayern worse?
No. Bayern missed the opportunity to fix their defense problems in the summer, that's more their problem this season. Kane is doing what you could expect from him and sometimes even papered over those cracks with his performances.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
No. Bayern missed the opportunity to fix their defense problems in the summer, that's more their problem this season. Kane is doing what you could expect from him and sometimes even papered over those cracks with his performances.
Defence as in neglected a defensive mid signing? Sorry don’t know much about their issues and don’t watch them outside of the UCL. They sort of have envious options at CB. With Davies at LB. I know they’ve lost Pavard who played RB for them and that Hernandez fella to PSG. But that’s about as deep as my knowledge go.

90 + 5min

You can’t ask more from him. Scoring as always but München have serious problems with their defenders. As you said. What can you expect when you play Dier. Not that DeLigt and others have been consistent or good either.
With that said I hope they can produce something more in Champions League.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Defence as in neglected a defensive mid signing? Sorry don’t know much about their issues and don’t watch them outside of the UCL. They sort of have envious options at CB. With Davies at LB. I know they’ve lost Pavard who played RB for them and that Hernandez fella to PSG. But that’s about as deep as my knowledge go.
They also loaned Stanisic to Leverkusen who was a pretty solid cover for all back positions. They needed to sign Eric Dier to fill the ranks during the winter. They tried to get Palinha as a new DM and messed up on deadline day, by now Pavlovic as their own youngster is slowly growing into that role (but currently injured). Davies is out of form for a long time. They simply created an extremely thin squad at the back. Sometimes even Goretzka had to play as a CB due to that, but than he was missed as a DM etc.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
They also loaned Stanisic to Leverkusen who was a pretty solid cover for all back positions. They needed to sign Eric Dier to fill the ranks during the winter. They tried to get Palinha as a new DM and messed up on deadline day, by now Pavlovic as their own youngster is slowly growing into that role (but currently injured). Davies is out of form for a long time. They simply created an extremely thin squad at the back. Sometimes even Goretzka had to play as a CB due to that, but than he was missed as a DM etc.
Thanks Stefan. Odd seeing bayern fluff their lines a bit - they’ve usually always been quite strong and competent around squad building and depth etc.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Lewandowski pretty much always showed up vs Dortmund, he would have scored one of these chances Kane had today.

BlueMoonOutcast

Rag in Disguise
Supports
Manchester City
Only 29 touches today, the least of any outfield player.

If that was Erl... oh who cares. Just gonna smile.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Thanks Stefan. Odd seeing bayern fluff their lines a bit - they’ve usually always been quite strong and competent around squad building and depth etc.
There is a reason why they sacked CEO Kahn and DoF Salihamidzic... and their interims did mess up.

Seaside Aggro

Screams out 4 year injury plagued spell on an astronomical contract as Murtough’s parting gift

Hammondo

Correct me if I'm wrong but, doesn't he always go missing In the big games? For club and country.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Correct me if I'm wrong but, doesn't he always go missing In the big games? For club and country.
It's not bad in the Bundesliga. He scored in Leipzig, he scored three in Dortmund, two against Stuttgart, two against Leipzig. He failed to score against Leverkusen and Dortmund. These teams are the top 5 of the league and are all clearly ahead of the rest of the league which is why I count them as the top teams.

So he scored in 4 of 6 matches, and in those he scored 8 goals. That's a pretty decent return for any top striker in top matches.

Hammondo

It's not bad in the Bundesliga. He scored in Leipzig, he scored three in Dortmund, two against Stuttgart, two against Leipzig. He failed to score against Leverkusen and Dortmund. These teams are the top 5 of the league and are all clearly ahead of the rest of the league which is why I count them as the top teams.

So he scored in 4 of 6 matches, and in those he scored 8 goals. That's a pretty decent return for any top striker in top matches.
True, in the context of the Bundesliga that's really good.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
True, in the context of the Bundesliga that's really good.
And there's not much more I would like to judge him on now. I just don't think it's fair to discuss him playing for perennial bottlers in the context of Bayern München. Maybe we could also discuss the CL, where he failed to score away against Lazio, but scored twice to turn it around in the return leg. In the group stage there was never real pressure on Bayern, so nothing which could be rated as an important match. And in the cup he didn't play but was rotated (and Bayern exited early so that won't change this season). So it becomes 5 out of 8 crucial top matches he scored 10 goals in. Pretty good.

Hammondo

And there's not much more I would like to judge him on now. I just don't think it's fair to discuss him playing for perennial bottlers in the context of Bayern München. Maybe we could also discuss the CL, where he failed to score away against Lazio, but scored twice to turn it around in the return leg. In the group stage there was never real pressure on Bayern, so nothing which could be rated as an important match. And in the cup he didn't play but was rotated (and Bayern exited early so that won't change this season). So it becomes 5 out of 8 crucial top matches he scored 10 goals in. Pretty good.
I don't see Bayern beating arsenal.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I don't see Bayern beating arsenal.
The way they played yesterday I don't see it either. But on the other hand it's probably the hardest match they will have to play and the best test for Kane if he contributes or breaks down in that pressure situation.

Pintu

I think the UCL will determine wether this season is a failure or not.

His performances in BL looks good and bottling the title in his first season seems to be down to bad luck more than anything… Bayern’s best performance of the 11 title streak was 91 points with Heynckes… Leverkusen are currently on track to make 92 points.

Bayern are on a trajectory that should get them 75/76 points. This is 5 points better than the previous season and it‘s a total that would have guaranteed the title at least 9 times of the 11… Only twice has the second placed team reached 76 points (Dortmund in 15/16 and 18/19) over this period.

Hammondo

I think the UCL will determine wether this season is a failure or not.

His performances in BL looks good and bottling the title in his first season seems to be down to bad luck more than anything… Bayern’s best performance of the 11 title streak was 91 points with Heynckes… Leverkusen are currently on track to make 92 points.

Bayern are on a trajectory that should get them 75/76 points. This is 5 points better than the previous season and it‘s a total that would have guaranteed the title at least 9 times of the 11… Only twice has the second placed team reached 76 points (Dortmund in 15/16 and 18/19) over this period.
Lack of competition really does show.