Will Liverpool ever lose a home league game again under Klopp?

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Also the last manager to win away at Anfield in the PL is Allardyce.

I bet he'll dine on that if/when this record starts getting big media attention (which it will if they get close to breaking ours).

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
They'll lose their next Anfield league game in 2023. Stevie G's first game in charge

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Since Klopp's been Liverpool manager we've lost the following games at home in the league:

15/16 - Palace at home, 2-1 defeat.
15/16 - United at home, 1-0 defeat.
16/17 - Swansea at home, 3-2 defeat.
16/17 - Palace at home, 2-1 defeat.

We have lost home games to sides in other competitions though.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Have Liverpool been unbeaten longer at home in premier league than Chelsea under Mourinho (and also for a season under Avram Grant). Think that was about 4 seasons aswell.

Yeah I mentioned elsewhere that their home form BCD is just as good as it was in normal times, just the one draw. Why they should still be considered favourites for league as they're in strong position to get at least 15 home wins. Spurs already not won 3 home games so chasing pack going to have to do better than Liverpool away from home pretty significantly I think to have a chance of winning league which is a big ask.

Cloud7

I get that this is a jinx thread and genuinely hope they lose soon, but this is really an insane stat. A formidable home record is always the platform you need to build upon.

432JuanMata

Or worse. Leicester's performance was disgusting.
Yeah turning up hoping for a one or two goal defeat won't get us too far either.

Leicester had won 4/4 away before Liverpool this season against City, Arsenal and Leeds aswell they are best when sitting back and countering. Damien is right Leicester’s game plan was 100% spot on they did it against the teams above but the performance was disgraceful.

Liverpool won so many games last season they scored late or didn’t play well and grinding it out. Now they are close to untouchable in the league at home even having a meh away record this season. They are us under SAF in his final few years and now I feel what Liverpool fans felt when we did it under SAF.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Since Klopp's been Liverpool manager we've lost the following games at home in the league:

Dont remember that one.

Web of Bissaka

Dont remember that one.
Just checked.
It's the one when Rooney scored the decisive goal.

I don't blame you, it's LVG 2nd season, forgettable games, we had many long sleeps.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Leicester had won 4/4 away before Liverpool this season against City, Arsenal and Leeds aswell they are best when sitting back and countering. Damien is right Leicester’s game plan was 100% spot on they did it against the teams above but the performance was disgraceful.

Liverpool won so many games last season they scored late or didn’t play well and grinding it out. Now they are close to untouchable in the league at home even having a meh away record this season. They are us under SAF in his final few years and now I feel what Liverpool fans felt when we did it under SAF.
Mad that season when you won the league with only 4 or 5 away wins. Only under Fergie! Just checked and you got 18/19 at home that year, just a 2-2 v West Brom (and you were 2 up in that one).

Liverpool still need to hit 10 away wins to be sure though as it will be above average year for teams winning away given the trends so far.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Just checked.
It's the one when Rooney scored the decisive goal.

I don't blame you, it's LVG 2nd season, forgettable games, we had many long sleeps.
I remember now. Fellaini off the bar and Rooney followed up with a volley, I think.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout

Absolutely, their game plan was fine but their approach to the match once they were out on the pitch stank of team already beaten.

el3mel

Yes.

:lol: I don't remember this game ever happened at all.
On the contrary I remember this game very clearly and this goal too. We were battered but managed to smash and grab.

We lost the next game to Southampton at Old Trafford by the way. :lol: Story of United post Fergie.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Probably won't happen over Christmas anyway. Horse Teeth will still find a way to complain about this...

Feel like this happens every year. Wonder if he will moan this week at having the longest break between CL game and League game? Hmmm....

Paul_Scholes18

Feel like this happens every year. Wonder if he will moan this week at having the longest break between CL game and League game? Hmmm....
How is it this big difference? I understand for the cup teams, but who so big difference for the others.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
I thought Watford last season was at Anfield
No it wasn't.

Neither do I, probably because it was followed up with those shit 0-0 draws after it was wiped from memory. I always thought the Van Gaal era Mata scissor kick goal was our last defeat to United.

I also thought the last game we lost to Utd at Anfield was the one where Mata scored a scissor kick? Must have been a different season

VanGaalEra

Wolves this weekend
Absolutely no way they lose to Wolves today, a Wolves without Raul Jimenez.

If Wolves win I will run around my street naked, that’s how confident I am.

Chief123

Of course they will. Just like they’ve lost a few at home in the Champions League.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Absolutely no way they lose to Wolves today, a Wolves without Raul Jimenez.

If Wolves win I will run around my street naked, that’s how confident I am.
You got the "long balls" to do that lile your namesake used to bang on about...

NO CHANCE WOLVES WIN TODAY

Heinzesight

Now they’ve got fans back in they’re only going to suck more goals into the net. The record will go on.

croadyman

When do we play them?
Jan 17 and personally can only see us, Spurs and maybe Everton if Carlo can get that back line really solid having the team to beat them.

City & Chelsea both have the attacking flair but think they will be too open and get picked off by the scousers.

Fussball13251

I thought Trent was still injured and Roberson was still out. As soon as Robertson came on they looked like the team of last season.

I am not criticizing Willaims because he's only 19 and might come good at around the age of 23 under more games. But at the moment Trent is superior.

SeeMe

Supports
Porto
Liverpool can have first 11 injured, but they still can win matches. But once you take out Klopp for several months, they will be beaten easily. Klopp is world best coach by far by now.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I thought Trent was still injured and Roberson was still out. As soon as Robertson came on they looked like the team of last season.

I am not criticizing Willaims because he's only 19 and might come good at around the age of 23 under more games. But at the moment Trent is superior.
Williams will never reach Trent's level. we're hoping for a right sided Phil Neville type of deal from him, I reckon. Don't think he's actually ready to be first backup for a team like this.