Will Ronnie be booed?

hotshot2004

I think few ill cheer him, few will boo him and few are still undecided on what to do. But i can guarantee that a lot will be changed once he starts scoring goals.

I can assure you a lot more videos on youtube about him. So brace yourself for a bumpy ride.

odinnh

Not if we have any sense. We need him to be on top of his form.
Yes and we do need him on top of his form next season to, so lets not get him angry, but like Fergie said, noone is biiger than teh club.

Ekeke

He'll have a few boos from some sections at first.

Mind you, one more game without victory and the whole team will probably be boo'd from some sections. I'd hope Ronaldo knows not to take any notice.

hotshot2004

I will cheer anyone who puts on that red shirt. I dont care for the name at the back of the shirt. The only thing important to me is the name @ the front of the shirt.

redspoony

I hope he won't be. I've lost a lot of love for the guy in the last 3 months, but one thing I am certain of is that he will give his all, as he always has done. As long as that's the case then I'm behind him.

I'm not quite at the Viva Ronaldo stage yet, but it may well happen.

Nanison

I will never boo him

42 goals holy cow! You do realise that we woulden't have won 2 championships and a CL without Ronaldo do you?

Alex

When he walks out at the end of the line at Old Trafford like always, I reckon the cheers will outweigh the boos, greatly

B Cantona

Desperate
There won't be boo's, at least I wouldn't expect any. But given what I witnessed at the Newcastle game, I don't think the Stretty will tolerate supporters there chanting Viva Ronaldo. Those who tried got swiftly silenced before

Then again you have 3 other stands to contend with. It wouldn't suprise my if the folk in the North stand who never make any news usually give him a rapturous bloody reception, as if he's some form of returning conquering hero :rolleyes:

To be honest his injury probably worked out for the best in this respect, things might have been a bit tastier in the more immediate aftermath of the saga. I still don't think there would have been any boo's, but perhaps a few chants of disillusionment with him might have broken out. Who knows, perhaps they still will

REd FUn DevIl

In this moment we need to support our team that is not playing too well at the moment.

It would be stupid to boo him. There wont be Viva Ronaldo neither.

Forever Red

Things would have been different had we started the season well and gained maximum points ........ a mediocre start has probably saved him.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Not many boos, not many cheers.
Anti (by United fans) or pro ron chants will get drowned out by other songs.

"Helpful advice" from small groups of fans will be louder and uglier than usual - but as he's a winger he'll be expecting that.

I don't like the idea that we can be bought with goals - personally I reckon the neutral reaction will continue until some opposing fans really lay into him (which won't be at the Villareal match, even if he plays - but might come against Bolton or Blackburn) and United fans will (grudgingly in many cases) confirm that he's still our player.

Tibs

If he did get booed though, he'd most likely be even more determined to bang some goals in asap

theimperialinn

Paddy's gonna trip you up, Paddy's gonna mow you d
I think he is more likely to get booed than be cheered.

Before the charity sheild a group of lads were trying to get viva ronaldo started only to be shouted down by the majority with comments like 'dont say that cnuts name, what you singing that for you twat, etc.

If this is the general feeling amongst the matchgoing support then I cant see the stretty singing viva ronaldo for a long time.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
There's a difference between not singing his name, and booing him Imperialinn.

theimperialinn

There's a difference between not singing his name, and booing him Imperialinn.
I'm just going on peoples reaction to what I saw when people tried to sing his name.

I saying I think he is more likely to be booed than cheered, not that he will come out to a cauldron of hate. I myself might manage a faint clap in the style of Kieran Richardson when he used to come on.

B Cantona

Desperate
I see no worse trait amongst my fellow football fan at the moment than this attitude that we need him because we're crap without him, so we have to cheer him on

1) We don't 'need' any player. Even had Ronaldo left for Madrid, we'd have a brilliant squad from the players remaining. We made a crap start with him in the season of his life last year...

2) It shows its all about glory and trophies to these people. There are no principles involved. I'd expect a direct correlation, should it ever happen, that if United drop down a division, or perhaps even just a few places down the league table, its this group of 'supporters' that are the first to desert

theimperialinn

I see no worse trait amongst my fellow football fan at the moment than this attitude that we need him because we're crap without him, so we have to cheer him on

1) We don't 'need' any player. Even had Ronaldo left for Madrid, we'd have a brilliant squad from the players remaining. We made a crap start with him in the season of his life last year...

2) It shows its all about glory and trophies to these people. There are no principles involved. I'd expect a direct correlation, should it ever happen, that if United drop down a division, or perhaps even just a few places down the league table, its this group of 'supporters' that are the first to desert
They will all be city fans in a couple of seasons there's no doubt about that!

Broo

Get a brew on
He deserves polite applause. Nothing more nothing less. He has to work for his forgiveness. Then maybe we can cheer him again.

tepper82

im goin on wednesday and im definately gonna boo him! fergie admitted on ssn ronaldo did want to go, they should have just let him go

dont want to start a discussion about whether he should have been sold i went of my point slightly.

just to clarify i will boo him, i think everyone should to show he is not bigger than the club,

giggs-beckham

Clueless
im goin on wednesday and im definately gonna boo him! fergie admitted on ssn ronaldo did want to go, they should have just let him go

dont want to start a discussion about whether he should have been sold i went of my point slightly.

just to clarify i will boo him, i think everyone should to show he is not bigger than the club,

Dont boo him!

reddev07

Bearing in mind we are not in the form of our lives at the moment, booing one of our own players is not the best idea IMO. It won't exactly help the teams performance

Nanison

Fair enough let the idiots boo him. Why don't you just boo him right to Madrid?

Booing a Utd player is disgraceful, it's like booing the whole team. It will affect the performance.

It's like a relationship: do you automatically say "feck off" when your girlfriend cheated on you? No if you got some intellect you try to work on a solution.

idiots

B Cantona

Desperate
It's like a relationship: do you automatically say "feck off" when your girlfriend cheated on you? No
I would! And a few other choice expletives to help the process along

I agree with you booing your own players is small time. If you really have a problem with someone - lets say Heinze stayed here because Madrid never came in to solve it - you'd show it with venom, not a pathetic "booooooo"

I don't actually think anyone really will boo though. So the bigger problem I have is your attitude that we wouldn't have won anything without Ronaldo these last 2 seasons. There's the possibility we wouldn't have, there's the possibility we would. We did win things before Ronaldo arrived you know. I just wonder why you pass it off as some kind of fact that we definately wouldn't? Yes things would have been different without him, but the disservice you do to every other player with such a statement leaves a sour taste

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
complete silence when he comes on, gets a touch or scores for the first couple of games would be nice...after that, back to normal!

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
It's like a relationship: do you automatically say "feck off" when your girlfriend cheated on you? No if you got some intellect you try to work on a solution.
mug...she's at it all the time and you don't even know

Nanison

I would! And a few other choice expletives to help the process along

I agree with you booing your own players is small time. If you really have a problem with someone - lets say Heinze stayed here because Madrid never came in to solve it - you'd show it with venom, not a pathetic "booooooo"

I don't actually think anyone really will boo though. So the bigger problem I have is your attitude that we wouldn't have won anything without Ronaldo these last 2 seasons. There's the possibility we wouldn't have, there's the possibility we would. We did win things before Ronaldo arrived you know. I just wonder why you pass it off as some kind of fact that we definately wouldn't? Yes things would have been different without him, but the disservice you do to every other player with such a statement leaves a sour taste

Possibly but seriously would have scored the goals :lol: ?? but offcourse we needed players like VDS, Ferdinand,carrick and Scholes too

Rednails

No way am I going to boo him tomorrow. I suspect the atmosphere is going to be tense anyway and I cant see the point of making it worse. Ronaldo's attitude in training has been excellent and I think we should get behind him now for the good of the team.

Ixion

I'll be there and don't plan on booing him (nor cheering just him, or singing his songs either).

wancolos

Diarrhetic homosexual- likes to beat Noggies with
Can't talk on behalf of the rest of our supporters but he won't be booed from me...

Fitzjames

I dont like to see United fans booing United players.
Not only does it show how stupid and fickle fans are.....it is usually counter productive.

My own opinion of Ronaldo is......great player........greedy bas****.
The problem is that good players get away with much more than ordinary players (who just happen to be better people).

Thus a great player like George Best is immortalised in a statue outside Old Trafford.......but he was a lousy person who wasted his talent and was a user of people.
Is there a statue for Nobby Stiles, Paddy Crerand, Tony Dunne, David Herd, Alex Stepney, Shay Brennan etc who were better servants to United than that useless piss artist.

Just over a year ago Heinze wanted away. He was a "Judas" of course to the idiots who sang his name one day.
Of course he actually got away.
Is Ronaldo not the same "Judas"......er well no......because er thats er different cos er.......well he is still one of us after all.
He loves us.
If he plays tomorrow. If we win. If he scores......oh wow if he scores twice......and God love him if he actually kisses the badge when he does so......all will be sweetness and light on this Message Board tomorrow night.
If on the other hand he plays badly......or even the team plays badly....if he gets himself sent off after missing a sitter.....well its a whole different scenario,

Hopefully like he said.....he wont be booed. Neither hopefully will any United player playing badly or not a headline grabber.
But theres no accounting for the fickleness or stupidity of some fans.

VP

What principles are these? How does wanting the best player in the world to play for your club equate to having no principles?