Will Ronnie be booed?

Colly

A few boos I'm sure, but they will subside once he starts scoring goals again. Might be a while before he hears "Viva Ronaldo" again though !!

Skelter

Internet GYPO
Four hours till we know now. The Viva Ronaldo thing has changed to Terry hasn't it? Wonder if there's a variation on the lyrics for the new season.

Viva Ronaldo, Viva Ronaldo
We turned down Real Madrid
And sixty million quid
(for) Viva Ronaldo.

:lol:

ThatOldRedMagic

im goin on wednesday and im definately gonna boo him! fergie admitted on ssn ronaldo did want to go, they should have just let him go

dont want to start a discussion about whether he should have been sold i went of my point slightly.

just to clarify i will boo him, i think everyone should to show he is not bigger than the club,

I've thought very carefully about your post, and I find that it can only come from a closet ABU little tick.

If SAF is clearly so very keen to keep and support any of our players, then booing that player becomes tantamount to delivering a sharp critique of Sir Alex.

There may be people in football who are of sufficient stature to accomplish this without making themselves appear boorish fools. You are not one of them.

Feedingseagulls

I've thought very carefully about your post, and I find that it can only come from a closet ABU little tick.

If SAF is clearly so very keen to keep and support any of our players, then booing that player becomes tantamount to delivering a sharp critique of Sir Alex.

There may be people in football who are of sufficient stature to accomplish this without making themselves appear boorish fools. You are not one of them.
:lol::lol::lol:

Feedingseagulls

Let's get some perspective - SAF on the official website:

Fans will welcome Ronaldo

Sir Alex Ferguson insists Cristiano Ronaldo has no cause to win United’s fans over after a summer which saw the player heavily linked with a move to Real Madrid. The Reds boss instead has praised the player's maturity as he prepares to return from an ankle injury against Villarreal on Wednesday.

The 23-year-old winger is well ahead of schedule in his rehabilitation and will make an appearance of some sort – most likely as a substitute – when the Reds take on the Spaniards in Wednesday’s Champions League Group E opener at Old Trafford.

Real Madrid’s public pursuit of Ronaldo throughout the summer brought matters to a head when Sir Alex met with the Portuguese international during pre-season. The United boss insists that is where the matter ended, and now predicts a welcome return from the Old Trafford faithful.

“I don’t think [he has to win the fans over],” Sir Alex said on Tuesday. “I think our fans understand the situation. He’s a young man who was tempted by the lure of money, but since we gave him our decision he has accepted it.

“He said that he’d like to go to Real Madrid. When I had the meeting with him, that was it finished. He understood my position and the club’s position. He has accepted it and got on with it like a professional. There has not been a problem since.”

Ronaldo has thrown himself at his recovery from the surgery he underwent in July with the same dedication he has to developing his raw skill into world football's most sought-after talent during five years with the Reds.

“His training and rehabilitation has been fantastic,” said Sir Alex. “Every day, right through till five o’clock, he has shown a real determination to get back playing for us.

“He is well ahead of schedule. That is credit to him and our medical team. They have done a fantastic job, but he has been a great patient. We could have included him against Liverpool on Saturday. Maybe if we’d been at home we would have done. With the game being away we thought it best to give him a few more days.

“He has shown great maturity as well, accepting the decision of Manchester United and getting on with it. No pettiness, no throwing the toys out of the pram. He’s been professional, in training every day and working very hard. We’re delighted that he is back. His return is a huge lift because he is such a fantastic player.”

And Sir Alex isn’t the only one delighted at Ronaldo’s return. His team-mates will be pleased to see a player whose 42-goals coloured and characterised United’s incredible Premier League and Champions League double success last term.

“He is such a massive player for us,” said Carlos Tevez. “He is a great person to have on your side. It’s almost like having an extra player when he is playing for you because he is such a danger to our opponents. It will be a big boost to have him back.”

Dodd

SAF

but since we gave him our decision he has accepted it.
The majority of times when he doesn't get his way on the pitch, he starts to swing his arms and overall acting like a petulant child. When SAF told him he would not let him leave, ronaldo could have easily gone to the journos and act like he sometimes does on the pitch.

Forever Red

Hope some cnut gives that tepper a clip round the back of the head if he starts booing like a dickhead.

Anyone with any sense will kick him all over Old Trafford :lol:

I wasn't happy with Ronnies behaviour during all of this but at the end of the day he's still a United player and deserves our support

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
There are a few lads i know who have no intention of keeping quiet, tonight. A bit silly but that is their decision.

Off now. Goodbye cuntos.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
Difficult to say, OT gets a different crowd for a midweek Euro than they do for a weekend league game. I'm sure there'll be an initial bit of booing to remind him who pays his wages then hopefully he'll score 3 and all will be well in the world once more.... until the summer of coarse.

Red_Jamie

There are a few lads i know who have no intention of keeping quiet, tonight. A bit silly but that is their decision.

Off now. Goodbye cuntos.
Then they'll be made to look silly.

I'm just gonna keep quiet tonight when he comes on and take in the majority reaction.

Anyone who boos a United player hasn't a clue. We're bigger than that.

I guarentee you that cheers will outweigh boos though. No doubt about it.

VP

Read my post again Psmith, that's not what I said
You're right, my bad..

Anyway I'm quite intrigued to see what kind of reaction he gets. Opinion seems to be quite mixed.

B Cantona

Desperate
About 5 minutes before half time, Fergie usually sends the subs for a jog down the line. TV didn't show it, but I heard cheers, followed by boos, and then a rendition of Viva John Terry

I reckon its gunna be a genuine mixed atmosphere, and it wouldn't suprise me if the odd punch was thrown on the Stretty!

B Cantona

Desperate
Well I guess I was wrong then, thats raptuous welcome

I'm ashamed of my fellow United supporters tonight. You'd think he'd done something magnificent this summer, and not just acted like a cnut to his own fans

Rooney24

It sounds good for him on the telly to be honest....about to come on as sub

Raconteur

Ronaldo is brilliant... He has absolutely invigorated our side in this match and has created more chances in his 30 minutes than our side did in the entire first half.

I thought it would be hard to put this summer past me, but this reminder of the magic he brings to the field with his every touch has expelled any thoughts of holding animosity towards Ronaldo from my mind.

Feedingseagulls

I'm ashamed of my fellow United supporters tonight. You'd think he'd done something magnificent this summer, and not just acted like a cnut to his own fans
I shall say this only once...

Sod off you complete pillock!

McLovin

Bites pillows thinking of John Terry
Like feck he was, got cheered on more than the whole team combined.

mehro

Ass face

Everyone's happy we have our best player back. Every reason to cheer.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
He got a hero's welcome.

I'm completely with Brad.

What sort of message does that give him?

Ronaldo > United?

Feedingseagulls

He got a hero's welcome.

I'm completely with Brad.

What sort of message does that give him?

Ronaldo > United?
Since I have already said 'Sod off you complete pillock!' to Brad I shall suggest

Bog off you absolute tosser!

99% of the imagined sins of Ronaldo over this summer were just that: imagined. If you chose to get your knickers in a twist over the media spin that's your problem.

Skelter

Internet GYPO
If it was the first game of the season and he was fit it might have been a little harsher, but we're desperate after the Liverpool game and 60 mins without a goal tonight.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Since I have already said 'Sod off you complete pillock!' to Brad I shall suggest

Bog off you absolute tosser!

99% of the imagined sins of Ronaldo over this summer were just that: imagined. If you chose to get your knickers in a twist over the media spin that's your problem.
No colours in this post FS?

I don't care if the media blew up a load of bollocks or not, that's another arguement.

He was welcomed above any other player...

I don't agree with that.

vijay

Im rude and disprespectful to the ladies of the fo
The only footballer who was alleged to be was bigger than United was George Best and inspite of blowing away all his talents in the toilet, he was in a whole different strato compared to Ronaldo. Booing Ronaldo would've been a disgrace but atleast they should've kept mum when he walked on to the pitch.

Applauding him was a bigger disgrace.

Rooney24

If it was the first game of the season and he was fit it might have been a little harsher, but we're desperate after the Liverpool game and 60 mins without a goal tonight.
90, and with it our consecutive win record at home in the Champions League.

Feedingseagulls

No colours in this post FS?

I don't care if the media blew up a load of bollocks or not, that's another arguement.

He was welcomed above any other player...

I don't agree with that.
I do not use colours - you must be confusing me with someone else.

Ronaldo scored 42 goals for us last season - to welcome his early return from injury thanks to his dedication in training is not unreasonable.

Whereas the irrational Ronaldo-haters deserve only their piss-stained slumbers for company.

Feedingseagulls

The only footballer who alleged to be was bigger than United was George Best and inspite of blowing away all his talents in the toilet, he was in a whole different strato compared to Ronaldo. Booing Ronaldo would've been a disgrace but atleast they should've kept mum when he walked on to the pitch.

Tosser!

Ronaldo did nothing more than entertain a move away IF WE AGREED.

We did not agree - he did not move - he did not 'agitate'.

Read and learn!

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I do not use colours - you must be confusing me with someone else.

Ronaldo scored 42 goals for us last season - to welcome his early return from injury thanks to his dedication in training is not unreasonable.

Whereas the irrational Ronaldo-haters deserve only their piss-stained slumbers for company.
I don't hate Ronaldo, and if you look at my posts ealrier today i said how anyone who booed him was a twat.

I also have the same opinion of people who are like 7 year olds and can't wait until he does his step overs again, which is what the OT crowd has turned into.

Ronaldo must think he's got us all in his pocket.

VP

The only footballer who alleged to be was bigger than United was George Best and inspite of blowing away all his talents in the toilet, he was in a whole different strato compared to Ronaldo. Booing Ronaldo would've been a disgrace but atleast they should've kept mum when he walked on to the pitch.

Applauding a United player is a bigger disgrace than booing him??

Dyslexic Untied

If he did get a great welcome tonight, would it kill him to spend two minutes running around the pitch applauding the fans after the game? Probably not.

Feedingseagulls

I don't hate Ronaldo, and if you look at my posts ealrier today i said how anyone who booed him was a twat.

I also have the same opinion of people who are like 7 year olds and can't wait until he does his step overs again, which is what the OT crowd has turned into.

Ronaldo must think he's got us all in his pocket.
So the OT crowd should not be excited AT ALL because here comes a player who might win the game for us who is avialable so early because of his dedication in recovering from injury. What did you want us to do? Stay absolutely silent because he was willing to move if we wanted to sell him?