Will we score 50 league goals this season?

Chipper

Adulterer.
Ah ok. I didn't get that at all. Yeah fair - we create feck all. How many times has Hojlund even had a chance to try to get on the end of?
Not many!

No shots today, a good chance against Liverpool, 1 shot in our games vs. Bournemouth and Chelsea and neither were big chances, no shots at all vs. Newcastle.

Gerald G

Hojlund is young but needs to do more. I get the service is awful but he needs to do more outside scoring like hold up play, link up play etc. I also think his runs need to improve to get on the end of some passes/crosses.

There's been a couple of crosses over the past few games that I think a quality striker would be on the end of. And vs Chelsea, we created a bucketload of chances but he barely got a sniff which is a little telling. I think especially since he's come back from injury he's been quite poor.

Most of the blame is for sure our tactics though, it needs a revamp and I'd bring Rashford back into the team.

thisisnottaken1

Absolutely not. We’ll be lucky to hit 40 goals in the league this season. When was the last time we scored an average of only 1 per game?

Todd

40 is the number to shoot for now. 50 is a pipedream.

Even so, 22 goals from the next 20 matches sounds like a job. I don't know that we're up for it.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Hojlund is young but needs to do more. I get the service is awful but he needs to do more outside scoring like hold up play, link up play etc. I also think his runs need to improve to get on the end of some passes/crosses.

There's been a couple of crosses over the past few games that I think a quality striker would be on the end of. And vs Chelsea, we created a bucketload of chances but he barely got a sniff which is a little telling. I think especially since he's come back from injury he's been quite poor.

Most of the blame is for sure our tactics though, it needs a revamp and I'd bring Rashford back into the team.
https://x.com/StatmanDave/status/1738573419979899192?s=20

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If they extend the league season to 50 games than possibly.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
From 2016 to 2019 he scored 54 goals in 88 appearances for Monaco
And between 2014 and 2016, he scored 5 in 40. It was only a loan, but the signs were there before he came that after his injury he wasn’t the same player. And he never was again, even at Monaco.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
And between 2014 and 2016, he scored 5 in 40. It was only a loan, but the signs were there before he came that after his injury he wasn’t the same player. And he never was again, even at Monaco.
I mean it's pretty indisputable that once he recovered he was effective again? This isn't to cast aspersions against Man United or anything but saying that he was done when he was instrumental in Monaco winning Ligue 1 and making the CL semis seems more than a bit OTT.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
We will need a lot of pens given to us to reach 50. We have been very unlucky this season (so far) in not getting bucket loads of pens.

Last edited:

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I mean it's pretty indisputable that once he recovered he was effective again? This isn't to cast aspersions against Man United or anything but saying that he was done when he was instrumental in Monaco winning Ligue 1 and making the CL semis seems more than a bit OTT.
Effective yeah, but in a poor league and he wasn’t the same player as before the injury. If we weren’t so preoccupied with signing the biggest names we could, we might have noticed that his form had dipped for Monaco after a career threatening injury.

Not that I hold it against the club, it must’ve been really tempting, especially on loan. He’s still Falcao after all. But it’s another example of us taking the emotional approach over a data driven one, and going for the big name instead of the one who fits the best.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I know this is dipping into last season too, but it's now 31 Premier League appearances between Weghorst and Hojlund with zero goals.

Say what you want about Weghorst being shit, or Hojlund being raw, I still can't get my head around 0 out of 31 being possible for Manchester United forwards. It's an astonishing statistic, and a truly damning one towards Ten Hag.
I don't ETH to get sacked yet, but those stats alone are sackworthy.
Let alone scoring zero goals in the last 4 games.
Or being among the lowest scoring EPL teams after half a season.
Or breaking a host of negative records.