William Keane

RooneyLegend

It isn't stupid if that is the case. For example, I never rated Morrison and seems that I was right all along.

Keane was definitely as good (IMO even better) than Wilson as a youngster but his injury pretty much destroyed his career to the degree that now I can't see him being even a starting striker in EPL (maybe not even a backup).
You didn't rate ravel morrison? What madness is this?

Revan

Assumptionman
I am sorry but you weren't right, because it wasn't Ravel's lack of talent that has held him back. He talent was as obvious as it comes.

I do not for a minute dispute that post injury Keane has minimal to zero chance of making it here. The poster said he wasn't impressed by him from the begining but still hasn't been able to provide a single reason as to why he thought that besides some generic line.
I am sorry, but I was absolutely right.

The last time I checked he wasn't able to get games for West Ham, QPR of Cardiff City.

On the contrary, I think that Keane had a good chance of making it here if it wasn't for that horrible injury. By 'making' I don't neccesarily mean become a starter, but more getting his chance for us (similarily to Welbeck).

You didn't rate ravel morrison? What madness is this?
The typical all flair but no brain type of player.

datura

Morrison may have no brain off the pitch, but on the pitch that's a ludicrous comment. Just because his career hasn't taken off doesn't mean he's not supremely talented, the fact that United stuck with him so long is testament to that. He was better then Pogba at 18.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015

The last time I checked he wasn't able to get games for West Ham, QPR of Cardiff City.

On the contrary, I think that Keane had a good chance of making it here if it wasn't for that horrible injury. By 'making' I don't neccesarily mean become a starter, but more getting his chance for us (similarily to Welbeck).
You weren't, but that's your opinion, and I can not stop you from having it.

Revan

Assumptionman
You weren't, but that's your opinion, and I can not stop you from having it.
He has been a failure. By definition, I was right.

Similarily to how I was wrong on Pato whom I thought that will become the best player in the world.

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
Morrison had the most incredible creative football intelligence. He would see passes no-one else even knew where on. Reminded me so much of Iniesta with his gliding running style, two footedness, perfect balance, change of pace and close control. All with an end product. Joy to watch and the most talented Youth player I have seen at United and that includes Pogba. Such a shame off the pitch he failed in every department. Blew his chance at being a multi-millionaire global superstar. He'll realise this one day and it will hit him hard.

As for Keane, he was excellent between 2010-12, pre-cruciate injury of course. Strong, good instict and finished chances with real class. Sheringham-esque at times. Still talented and should have a good career. Another of our young english players along with Thorpe and Lingard who I think, if not going to make it at United, could be succesful abroad rather in the championship.

Loublaze

ATLien
I am sorry but you weren't right, because it wasn't Ravel's lack of talent that has held him back. He talent was as obvious as it comes.

I do not for a minute dispute that post injury Keane has minimal to zero chance of making it here. The poster said he wasn't impressed by him from the begining but still hasn't been able to provide a single reason as to why he thought that besides some generic line.
Keane NEVER impressed me. I find it hilarious how much you find this to be absurd :lol::lol:.

RooneyLegend

The typical all flair but no brain type of player.
No brain on the pitch?

Drainy

Keane was a very efficient, intelligent striker who could hold the ball up well. Before his injury he was very close to the first team.

Losing over a year to injury at such a key moment in his development and having to work his way back to sharpness has been very unfortunate for him.

I'm stunned that anyone could have watched Ravel Morrison play at Youth level and say he was all flair, the guy was efficient and produced moments of brilliance when it was needed in big games (with Pogba often looking to him for leadership!)- He's squandered his talents by his lifestyle choices and a lack of application, but to claim he wasn't anything special in his youth is ridiculous

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Keane NEVER impressed me. I find it hilarious how much you find this to be absurd :lol::lol:.
Still waiting for you to explain what about him didn't impress you. But,yeah, keep adding more smiley's, while not answering that.

Loublaze

ATLien
Never rated him like others did, even pre injury. A good first touch doesn't make you good enough and I never thought he really excelled in any other area.
Blasphemy on here to say that

Still waiting for you to explain what about him didn't impress you. But,yeah, keep adding more smiley's, while not answering that.
I don't owe you one, if you haven't got anything from what i've said already on this subject then its all on you.

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
Still a good player who will end up being a starting striker for a premier league team, regardless of the wrong opinions of some in here.

Roman Bellic

Prick
Predicting a player who has done feck all in almost 5 years to start for a Premier league team....smh.

jb8521

Predicting a player who has done feck all in almost 5 years to start for a Premier league team....smh.
It's probably more likely than what was said above about him ending up as a sub in league 1 considering he was a starting championship striker last season whenever fit and is likely to be one again this season. Hes had a very bad injury and a few more niggling injuries which have stopped him from retaining full fitness and sharpness but if he can stay fit and get a good run of games he could quite easily be a premiership striker in the future. You also might want to check your maths since he got injured in summer 2012 which is 3 years ago not 5

Roman Bellic

Prick
It's probably more likely than what was said above about him ending up as a sub in league 1 considering he was a starting championship striker last season whenever fit and is likely to be one again this season. Hes had a very bad injury and a few more niggling injuries which have stopped him from retaining full fitness and sharpness but if he can stay fit and get a good run of games he could quite easily be a premiership striker in the future. You also might want to check your maths since he got injured in summer 2012 which is 3 years ago not 5
"Almost 5 years", wish him well in his future starting role for an EPL club.

Loublaze

ATLien
This thread is laughable. So fecking tribal in here. Will Keane will be sold after this loan and he'll be forgotten like his brother and a host of other overhyped youngsters who didn't make the grade at United.

This is his fourth consecutive loan and the previous three have been unsuccessful. Its all down to his injury from three years ago tho...3 goals in 26 competitive matches. Much adu about nothing!

khoazany

This thread is laughable. So fecking tribal in here. Will Keane will be sold after this loan and he'll be forgotten like his brother and a host of other overhyped youngsters who didn't make the grade at United.

This is his fourth consecutive loan and the previous three have been unsuccessful. Its all down to his injury from three years ago tho...3 goals in 26 competitive matches. Much adu about nothing!
You know what is the most hilarious?Nobody is saying otherwise but some are still trying to be smart claiming they know all along.

jb8521

"Almost 5 years", wish him well in his future starting role for an EPL club.
Might as well say just over a year then it would be just as accurate. I'm not sure why you're trying to get smart when realistically you don't have a clue. He could regain his fitness and form and become a premiership player or he could never recover and end up playing down the leagues but to act like you can say for certain that he won't ever be a premiership player is just plain stupid

Roman Bellic

Prick
Might as well say just over a year then it would be just as accurate. I'm not sure why you're trying to get smart when realistically you don't have a clue. He could regain his fitness and form and become a premiership player or he could never recover and end up playing down the leagues but to act like you can say for certain that he won't ever be a premiership player is just plain stupid
Will Keane doesn't have up to 5 senior goals to his name, he hasn't done anything since 2012, but somehow I'm supposed to believe the lad is something special and he will come good for a Premier league team,how many premier league teams have Strikers with such poor records? I don't even think Championship teams have such strikers starting for them either.

I get why it's a touchy subject, I mean he is a local lad - I expect fans to be sentimental, sentimental not delusional, judging by his stats he'll be lucky to sign for a team in League 1, stats are what we use to judge players, I'm not claiming to be psychic, Rooney gets bashed for his stats but somehow Keane's stats don't tell the whole story because he was a good player before his injury? Lol,ok....I mean Harry Kane scored 18 goals for Spurs in a single season when he was still a player at their academy and he has a better record than Keane for England at every level (pre 2012 Keane) and he is currently a top 5 striker in the league ....now that is a special player.

jb8521

Will Keane doesn't have up to 5 senior goals to his name, he hasn't done anything since 2012, but somehow I'm supposed to believe the lad is something special and he will come good for a Premier league team,how many premier league teams have Strikers with such poor records? I don't even think Championship teams have such strikers starting for them either.

I get why it's a touchy subject, I mean he is a local lad - I expect fans to be sentimental, sentimental not delusional, judging by his stats he'll be lucky to sign for a team in League 1, stats are what we use to judge players, I'm not claiming to be psychic, Rooney gets bashed for his stats but somehow Keane's stats don't tell the whole story because he was a good player before his injury? Lol,ok....I mean Harry Kane scored 18 goals for Spurs in a single season when he was still a player at their academy and he has a better record than Keane for England at every level (pre 2012 Keane) and he is currently a top 5 striker in the league ....now that is a special player.
I'm not trying to convince you or anyone else that Keane is a special player I said its ridiculous to say he can't become a premiership player with complete certainty as you are doing. You say you don't even think Championship teams have such strikers starting for them yet he was starting for a Championship team last year and will be again this year so that doesn't make sense. You seem obsessed with these stats but ignore the fact that these stats were after coming back from an 18 month lay off from an injury that can end players careers where he clearly wasn't fit so aren't particularly relevant when comparing them to other players stats. I'm not even English or from Manchester so it doesn't make much difference to me whether he is a local lad. Its interesting that you bring up Kane since 18 months ago plenty of people were saying the same things about Kane as you are saying about Keane and although Kane might have a better scoring record he couldn't get into the under 17s because Keane was chosen ahead of him and Keane was moved up to the under 21 team while Kane was kept in the under 19s so it's pretty obvious who was the higher rated at that stage. Your entire opinion seems to be based on stats compiled in the most difficult period of his career rather than actually watching him play. He actually showed plenty of glimpses of his ability while on loan at Sheffield Wednesday and was man of the match for them a few times. He is a 22 year old who has plenty of ability and although his chance to be a United player has almost certainly passed there is nothing to suggest he can't go on to be a premiership player so to say with certainty that he won't is completely pointless as is this entire conversation at this stage.

Roman Bellic

Prick
Use stats to make a prediction about a player - "you can't be so certain"

Bring up stats to back your argument that said player isn't special anymore - "you seem obsessed with stats"

I guess I should make a prediction based on "the plenty of glimpses" shown on loan at Sheffield Wednesday.

I mean if he was so good for them why didn't they sign him permanently?

Oh well.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
You know what is the most hilarious?Nobody is saying otherwise but some are still trying to be smart claiming they know all along.
He's not worth the bother in the youth forums certainly. He has ridiculous opinions (which of course he's entitled to) but backs up a lot with stupid statistics and then if you challenge him further he gets arsey about it.

datura

Use stats to make a prediction about a player - "you can't be so certain"

Bring up stats to back your argument that said player isn't special anymore - "you seem obsessed with stats"

I guess I should make a prediction based on "the plenty of glimpses" shown on loan at Sheffield Wednesday.

I mean if he was so good for them why didn't they sign him permanently?

Oh well.
Usually watching a player helps you assess them a bit better then stats...

Rowem

gently, down the stream

Plenty of strikers have not great scoring records when they're young and go on to improve and move up the levels. There are also some pretty average strikers who carve out successful careers in the PL and Championship maintaining very average goalscoring ratios, I don't think it's being wildly optimistic to think Keane could (not will, but could) be a PL player in his career. The posts you're taking issue with are really quite far from delusional.

Truth is you expect people to delusionally overrate him due to sentimentality, so when you see comments about him you don't see them for the fairly innocuous comments they actually are, you see them as you had expected to see them, and then you get to rant and taunt people for being delusional and show how rational you are and how much smarter than everyone else you are. I expect you will dismiss this initially (because the truth can sting and people suppress this kind of shit), but honestly think about it. I'm not trying to put you down, I can relate entirely to this kind of behavior myself on the internet and I see it regularly by others. It's something I've tried rectifying in myself so figured I would mention it. Sometimes it's possible that everyone else is wrong and you (or me) are right, but it's much rarer than we would like to admit. And anyway, there's nothing to be gained from attempting to mock people's opinions and win arguments other than temporarily satisfying that urge.

Last edited:

Roman Bellic

Prick
Usually watching a player helps you assess them a bit better then stats...
Yes,but stats don't lie,especially not over the course of 3 seasons,there's a reason his "performances" haven't been able to earn him a loan move to another EPL club, or better still a spot on the teams pre-season roster.

What EPL team is going to sign him (as a starter) off glimpses, this is a striker we're talking about.

datura

Yes,but stats don't lie,especially not over the course of 3 seasons,there's a reason his "performances" haven't been able to earn him a loan move to another EPL club, or better still a spot on the teams pre-season roster.

What EPL team is going to sign him (as a starter) off glimpses, this is a striker we're talking about.
Yet JB has been giving you context to those stats and yet you choose to ignore it completely, which is rather odd.

He did get a PL loan...

Edit. The most people are saying in here is that if he recovers the form/confidence that made him an excellent prospect at 18, then he has a chance of being a PL starter. Injuries have stalled his progress significantly and he may never get it back, but there is still a chance, so to write him off just on the basis of some stats is rather shortsighted.

Last edited:

Roman Bellic

Prick
Yet JB has been giving you context to those stats and yet you choose to ignore it completely, which is rather odd.

He did get a PL loan...
JB gave me "a couple of glimpses", I gave him stats he said I was obsessed.

He has been loaned out to a PL club before?

Roman Bellic

Prick

He did get a PL loan...

Edit. The most people are saying I'm here is that if he recovers the form/confidence that made him an excellent prospect at 18, then he has a chance of being a PL starter. Injuries have stalled his progress significantly and he may never get it back, but there is still a chance, so to write him off just on the basis of some stats is rather shortsighted.
People are predicting him to start for a PL club, and I'm saying he won't get to that level (which is also a prediction) seeing as I'm not Psychic, but somehow my prediction is short sighted because its negative....Ok,noted.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
People are predicting him to start for a PL club, and I'm saying he won't get to that level (which is also a prediction) seeing as I'm not Psychic, but somehow my prediction is short sighted because its negative....Ok,noted.
People are predicting he might.

You are challenging people's predictions that he might by saying he definitely won't and sneering at the prospect.

You see the difference? You're behaviour in this thread dude...I edited my post a few up with some of my thoughts on it, I really recommend you give it some thought.

Roman Bellic

Prick
Plenty of strikers have not great scoring records when they're young and go on to improve and move up the levels. There are also some pretty average strikers who carve out successful careers in the PL and Championship maintaining very average goalscoring ratios, I don't think it's being wildly optimistic to think Keane could (not will, but could) be a PL player in his career. The posts you're taking issue with are really quite far from delusional.

Truth is you expect people to delusionally overrate him due to sentimentality, so when you see comments about him you don't see them for the fairly innocuous comments they actually are, you see them as you had expected to see them, and then you get to rant and taunt people for being delusional and show how rational you are and how much smarter than everyone else you are. I expect you will dismiss this initially (because the truth can sting and people suppress this kind of shit), but honestly think about it. I'm not trying to put you down, I can relate entirely to this kind of behavior myself on the internet and I see it regularly by others. It's something I've tried rectifying in myself so figured I would mention it. Sometimes it's possible that everyone else is wrong and you (or me) are right, but it's much rarer than we would like to admit. And anyway, there's nothing to be gained from attempting to mock people's opinions and win arguments other than temporarily satisfying that urge.
:lol:
How about you keep this to yourself man,it's really not that deep, I don't know what you're going through,but I can assure you,you're the only one suffering from this.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
:lol:
How about you keep this to yourself man,it's really not that deep, I don't know what you're going through,but I can assure you,you're the only one suffering from this.
Yeah this is the kind of response I expected, but honestly, re-read this thread closely and think about your contribution. Read the other people's posters with a clean slate - without your presumption that everyone is a delusional, biased fan who overrates our youth players and craves for them to succeed.

The internet is full of people have ridiculous arguments with eachother, people desperate to win arguments that don't matter but they get so invested in, people insulting each other's opinions and trying to belittle others in order to win (like posting a lol smilie and being condescending - nice work, well done, everyone reading this will be like wow dxadel just fecking owned rowem so hard) - so I'm far far far far far from alone in having done so myself, and you are doing so now, and I can see it because I know what it looks like.

jb8521

JB gave me "a couple of glimpses", I gave him stats he said I was obsessed.

He has been loaned out to a PL club before?
I have no problem with people using stats to back up a point but your entire point seems to be based on stats rather than actually having watched him play. You said you don't think even championship teams have such strikers starting for them based on stats but I've actually watched him not only starting but showing plenty of glimpses and winning man of the match awards while playing as a striker in the championship so if you're going to quote me at least use actual quotes. You also say his performances weren't enough to earn him a spot on the teams pre season roster yet he went on the pre season tour last year. As I've said already I'm not saying he's special or a definite future star of the premiership but to say a 22 year old who has already shown plenty of ability will definitely never be a premiership striker is plain stupid. You don't seem capable of grasping what I or anyone else is saying whilst just keepIng falling back on stats while ignoring their context and seem more intent on just arguing and making sarcastic comments so I'll leave you to it.