William Keane

khoazany

We have had so many cases of youngsters being ruined by injuries in recent years.Petrucci and Keane are biggest losses out of that.Rothwell also struggled a lot.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Christ, I thought he'd popped his ACL again from reading this thread. Suspected MCL damage. Bad, but far from as bad.

m1y2

no shit after all that he had to come through..this is another example that as a player you need also little bit of luck in your career to become succesfull or fulfill potential

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
no shit after all that he had to come through..this is another example that as a player you need also little bit of luck in your career to become succesfull or fulfill potential
Yep, many a young talent has been ruined by injuries, just like Rossi.

Keane must be gutted he just cannot get any sort of run together to show his worth. Unfortunately his career looks extremely doubtful now.

Brophs

The One and Only
He never seems to get a good run without injuries. He's one of those ones you just know would have a really good career if he could just stay fit. It's a real shame given how excited we were about him.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
It had been a while since I last came to this thread, so the last unread post was from early January. As I was scrolling through, I was actually thinking "I wonder how his knee is holding up?". Terrible to see that the bump to the thread was actually about a new knee injury. Poor guy has been tarnished by injuries. Was awesome for the reserves up until his bad injury.

Nickosaur

Don't know if this is controversial or not, but I always preferred Keane over Wilson.
He was so highly rated at one point, easily around the same amount of hype that Wilson is getting. The injuries really fecked his development though. Personally think it's too late for him to make it here, which is a great shame, but who knows. Glad to see he did so well today.

Acole9

Outstanding
He's done well there on loan so far, possibly his best spell he's had on loan. Do we think he can still make the grade here? If I'm not mistaken his contract ends this summer.

Sid234

Does Zagreb have an option to buy Henriquez at the end of the season? I remember reading something about them looking to buy him last year..

prateik

I thought he was nailed on to make it a few seasons back. That injury really set him back.. and then Fergie left..

I don't know if we'll ever give him a chance, but if he stays fit, I expect him to be a very good striker.

Thought Michael had a great chance of making it here as well.. He's doing well at Burnley.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Does Zagreb have an option to buy Henriquez at the end of the season? I remember reading something about them looking to buy him last year..
An option for a couple million or so. Their owner or president or someone claimed they agreed to buy him but is meant to be a known bullshitter. Other sources say Angelo wants to come back to United and is confident he is better than Wilson.

Seen someone on the Wednesday forum say Keane said on Sheffield Radio he'd liked to stay there next season but then someone else said they read in the papers he still wants to play for us. Seems to be winning over most of their fans now, though there seems to be some who don't like him because he is a loan player.

dr.twinny

Video of the goals.

Glad that he's doing well on loan. Even if he doesn't make it with us, I can see him becoming a decent PL striker in a few seasons time.

Sid234

An option for a couple million or so. Their owner or president or someone claimed they agreed to buy him but is meant to be a known bullshitter. Other sources say Angelo wants to come back to United and is confident he is better than Wilson.

Seen someone on the Wednesday forum say Keane said on Sheffield Radio he'd liked to stay there next season but then someone else said they read in the papers he still wants to play for us. Seems to be winning over most of their fans now, though there seems to be some who don't like him because he is a loan player.
Wouldn't be surprised if both him and Henriquez are given a chance next season considering how poor Falcao and RvP have been this season.. One of them might have a shot at getting a foot in

Ekeke

Whoscored doesnt always tell the full picture, but surprisingly he had a low score from that game.

Not sure I can remember a player with such a low score getting so much praise from the fans

khoazany

Whoscored doesnt always tell the full picture, but surprisingly he had a low score from that game.

Not sure I can remember a player with such a low score getting so much praise from the fans
He was relatively quiet in the first half and missed a one on one chance that might be the reason.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Will Keane hopes Owls move kick-starts Man Utd career

Will Keane hopes his impressive form for Sheffield Wednesday will help him realise his dream of becoming a first-team regular for Manchester United.

The England-U21s international has struck three goals for the Owls since joining the Championship side on loan from United in January, and he wants to use his time at Hillsborough to help kick-start his career at Old Trafford.

"I've enjoyed it very much so far," the striker told SWFC.co.uk. "It's been good experience for me as, up to now, I've been playing in every game which has been pleasing. It's the reason I came here – to get games under my belt.

"I think maybe this is a bit more like reality [here] because you get caught in a little bubble at United.

"Only a certain number of clubs have those facilities and you can take it for granted a bit at times. It's a different experience and something I've taken to. I've got to enjoy the challenge.”

Keane came through the ranks at United alongside his twin brother Michael, who has since moved to Burnley.

Will has already made his senior debut for the Red Devils against Blackburn Rovers back in 2011, his only solitary appearance thus far, but he hopes his goalscoring exploits for Wednesday will lead to him adding to that tally next season.

"My aim is to hopefully come back to United and be involved in the set-up there. That's what I set out to do. At the moment, I'm here until the end of the season and want to give everything here. Hopefully, I can keep playing well and scoring goals and then reassess the situation at the end of the season.”

Keane added: "My aim is to get in the Premier League, hopefully with United, and I'll have to see how the squad is at the end of the season, speak to the manager and take it from there.

"By playing well here [for Sheffield Wednesday], it will help me get recognised. I keep in touch and speak to Warren Joyce [Academy manager at United] quite regularly.

"He's very keen to keep an eye on the games, which is good, and I speak to him after them. He gives me tips on what I can do better and these general chats help me. It's good to know they are watching."

http://www.thefa.com/news/england/u...-man-utd-ambitions-120315#JgElXHX0pLqGlkMO.99

hebegebe

I think maybe this is a bit more like reality [here] because you get caught in a little bubble at United.

"Only a certain number of clubs have those facilities and you can take it for granted a bit at times. It's a different experience and something I've taken to. I've got to enjoy the challenge.”

Not surprised, I was at their academy a couple of weeks ago and it's a S*#t hole!

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
I think maybe this is a bit more like reality [here] because you get caught in a little bubble at United.

Not surprised, I was at their academy a couple of weeks ago and it's a S*#t hole!
Even if a loan (on the pitch) doesn't work out for some players......they learn hopefully a lot off the pitch at other clubs.

Van Der Wiel a few days ago....
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/mar/10/gregory-van-der-wiel-psg-champions-league-dream
“This is a period in my life that I still think about today,” he says of his years in Haarlem, a city of some 150,000 inhabitants that brushes up against Amsterdam’s eastern flank. It’s only 10 miles from the Dutch capital, but might as well have been a world away. “I was at Ajax from seven until fourteen and it was normal for me, I did not know of anything else or what it was like at smaller clubs. I was a bit spoiled. When they sent me away, after a few months at Haarlem I realised that it was very different. Everything was not arranged as well as it was at Ajax. There was a big difference. Then it struck me: ‘Oh, damn, what did I do? Actually Ajax was good.’ I was thinking that I didn’t care if I got sent away, Ajax was not all that when, in fact, it was all that and more.
“But I only realised this when it was too late, so the first year was hard. That period was cool; I had a lot of fun at Haarlem, I started to play well again and I became a different person. I was growing up, becoming older and wiser. I was calmer and I did not have such a big mouth any more.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Hopefully both him and Henriquez will go on tour this summer and prove themselves.
Yep. Still have high hopes for them and Kanes form for Spurs is a lift for everyone because it shows when a kid is ready, they're ready. These two don't have a 'great' history , but maybe next seasons their time