William Keane

kundalini

Shows how little I know about anything. I'm genuinely surprised a Championship side wants him given his loan spells last year and his form this. Hope he gets plenty of mins on the pitch.

Last edited:

dr.twinny

Even if he doesn't make it here, I still think he has the ability to be a good championship player. Hope he has a good loan spell this time around.

Acole9

Outstanding
I believe his contract is up this summer, so this loan would mean an end to his time here. Good luck Will.

FromTheBench

He might or might not, but won't exactly be surprised if he does a Harry Kane in next 2 years or so and suddenly bursts onto the scene.

Is talented enough but not been the same after injury and that took crucial development time.

Ekeke

I'd be incredibly surprised if he does a "Harry Kane"

Keane can still be a good premier league striker, but even getting into the Spurs team at some point would be a high aim for him

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Shows how little I know about anything. I'm genuinely surprised a Championship side wants him given his loan spells last year and his form this. Hope he gets plenty of mins on the pitch.
By his own admission, he wasn't really ready for last season's loans after 16 months on the sidelines. This term he's looked much more like his old self for the u21s. My prediction is he'll do very well for SW.

khoazany

By his own admission, he wasn't really ready for last season's loans after 16 months on the sidelines. This term he's looked much more like his old self for the u21s. My prediction is he'll do very well for SW.
Still look a bit slow for me which was not the case pre-injury.Maybe due to him grown a bit in height.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Still look a bit slow for me which was not the case pre-injury.Maybe due to him grown a bit in height.
Yeah, it does look like he's lost a bit of pace, which even in this day and age is a fairly predictable consequence of snapping your ACL.

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
Will Keane can emulate Ross Barkley and Connor Wickham by returning from a loan spell at Sheffield Wednesday and proving himself in the Barclays Premier League, according to Owls boss Stuart Gray.

The Manchester United striker made his debut in Tuesday's goalless draw with Birmingham City at Hillsborough and performed well despite being substituted on 75 minutes after sustaining a facial cut that required stitches.

Lewis Baker, who scored against the Reds in the Under-21 Premier League final at Old Trafford last term for Chelsea, is also with the South Yorkshire side and Gray has tipped both to come on leaps and bounds in the Championship.

"I thought they did well," Gray told Wednesday's official website. "Their ball retention was very good, with Will providing a good outlet up top. They are talented players and we are a good club where they can develop their game.

"You only have to look at the likes of Ross Barkley and Connor Wickham and how they progressed in their time with us, so hopefully Will and Lewis will do the same."
Barkley is a key performer for Everton and represented England at the World Cup finals, while Wickham played a major role in ensuring Sunderland escaped relegation last season.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...ll-keane-can-emulate-barkley-and-wickham.aspx

LR7

I don't think he will make it here unfortunately, but I hope he does well.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
You must ask just how gutless the Wednesday team is for Will Keane to have taken that penalty?
A young kid, just arrived on loan, who's hardly played in the football league at all, let alone have a goal to his name to that point, and he get's penalty duty?

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
You must ask just how gutless the Wednesday team is for Will Keane to have taken that penalty?
A young kid, just arrived on loan, who's hardly played in the football league at all, let alone have a goal to his name to that point, and he get's penalty duty?
According to Wednesday fans, Keane grabbed the ball as soon as it was given. I think he just stepped up first rather than his team mates backing off. Fair play to him for having the guts to take it.

He's getting mixed praise on Owlstalk-:
http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/223231-will-keane/

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
A couple of guys on there seem to speak a bit of sense and want Keane to do well and develop well on their time, as it can attract more loanees from top clubs in the future which will help them push for promotion. Which is a fair point. Wednesday have had some pretty good loanees in the last few years, so I'm sure they'll want it to continue.

Realistically, the only favour it's really doing us is putting him in the shop window. I can't see him making it here.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
You can see how conflicted they are. How can you enjoy watching a kid play well for your team when you know he won't hang round?
How do they know he won't be hanging around? He'll be looking for a new club come summer and if he fits in well there he may well choose to stay.

There are always some people who are so bitter on other clubs forums too, clubs which have nothing to do with us and won't have played against us in decades and they still come out with the manure stuff etc. It isn't even funny and frankly just weird.

khoazany

How do they know he won't be hanging around? He'll be looking for a new club come summer and if he fits in well there he may well choose to stay.

There are always some people who are so bitter on other clubs forums too, clubs which have nothing to do with us and won't have played against us in decades and they still come out with the manure stuff etc. It isn't even funny and frankly just weird.
He signed a new 3 year contract last summer.Let's see how his loan goes.

bdecuc

He certainly had improved in the last few games he'd played in our u21s. He was beginning to look sharp again. More recognisable to his old self. He'd scored a few but also missed a couple you still think he mightn't have missed in his younger days.

I'm not convinced his story is definitely done here quite yet. Hopefully his loan goes well.

What a player he was before that injury.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible

United hatred spreads far and wide, it seems. Well, perhaps hatred is too strong of a word, but we're not very well liked. Especially not in Yorkshire. I don't think it matters if we've ever been a rival of theirs. Even Stoke City fans consider us to be their biggest rivals, don't they? Probably the most one-sided rivalry in football :lol:

Still, Wednesday fans didn't seem as concerned about giving their own players a run when they had Ross Barkley on loan. They knew they only had him for a couple of months and wanted him to play as much as possible. They're not in a position to be signing players of Barkley's calibre, so getting players like him on loan seems hugely beneficial, regardless of who it's doing a favour for. I don't see why it matters whether or not the player is sticking around. Personally, I can't see Falcao being at United next season, and I'm starting to be less and less convinced that De Gea will be either, but I still want them to play out of their skins whilst they are here.

It's surprising that what I assume are grown men are still using the "Manure" and "Man Poo" when referring to us. It's primary school stuff.

The Red Thinker

feck feck feck :(

That's the reason why a lot of young players want already a big contract.
When you put it that way it's understandable I guess. Except the laws of a good footballing dressing room and club hierarchy does not allow such a culture. Injured? Tough luck. At least you're not a child in Sierra Leone dying of Ebola.