William Keane

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
It is baffling though that Macheda goes on loan to Birmingham where Will could have gone yet he goes to QPR.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
I share the fears about sending him there - maybe the last club I'd have chosen for him to go to, but maybe QPR are just willing to pay a bigger loan fee?

LR7

Looks like it's going to be hard for him to get into the team but let's see how it goes.

LR7

It is baffling though that Macheda goes on loan to Birmingham where Will could have gone yet he goes to QPR.
No guarantee Birmingham wanted Keane though. Hopefully Harry has explained his plans to use him.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Hope its not this, will be a disgrace if its true.
Indeed. Obviously I'm not saying it is because of that, but why we're dealing with them again after the Fabio and Macheda loans isn't immediately clear to me, particularly in light of the amount of strikers they've just brought in.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Indeed. Obviously I'm not saying it is because of that, but why we're dealing with them again after the Fabio and Macheda loans isn't immediately clear to me, particularly in light of the amount of strikers they've just brought in.
The Macheda one was a cluster feck. Fabio got a decent amount of playing time when he wasn't injured.

datura

I think they realised quickly that Macheda wasn't good enough.

Surely you have to see how Keane gets used over the next month before criticising the move. People don't half like moaning on here.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Didn't know he was ineligible.

How the feck is Kranjcar playing in the Championship? Such a brilliant player to watch.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
I think they realised quickly that Macheda wasn't good enough.

Surely you have to see how Keane gets used over the next month before criticising the move. People don't half like moaning on here.
True, I have been slightly reactionary myself. But it's a very real possibility and thus very frustrating.

Minkaro

Starts for QPR. Kicks off at 15:30 (in about five minutes) on Sky Sports 1.

LR7

Just switched on and he's looking good. Played a part in the goal and just had a header from a corner go just over the bar.

Minkaro

Watched the first half. Hasn't been involved as much as I'd have liked, when the ball goes forward it seems to be going to Doyle rather than him. Had a few nice moments though. If I had to guess, I'd guess that Zamora will come on for him at some point in the second half.

I've been quite impressed with Emile Sande in the Reading midfield. Hoilett and McCleary look quite good too.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Watched the first half. Hasn't been involved as much as I'd have liked, when the ball goes forward it seems to be going to Doyle rather than him. Had a few nice moments though. If I had to guess, I'd guess that Zamora will come on for him at some point in the second half.

I've been quite impressed with Emile Sande in the Reading midfield. Hoilett and McCleary look quite good too.
The singer? That's versatile

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Anybody watching his performances for QPR? I see he hasn't scored yet but how has been his play and is he being deployed as center forward or as a wide player?

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
Anybody watching his performances for QPR? I see he hasn't scored yet but how has been his play and is he being deployed as center forward or as a wide player?
Only seen their last 2, the reading game and the leeds match, hes done ok in the time given, nothing awful, nothing too impressive either.

mufcwarm92

Saw both games and he looked good on the ball, decent movement and some nice little flicks, no chances as such though. I was so impressed with him at youth level, really hope he can start getting some chances at QPR to show what he can do.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Only seen their last 2, the reading game and the leeds match, hes done ok in the time given, nothing awful, nothing too impressive either.
Saw both games and he looked good on the ball, decent movement and some nice little flicks, no chances as such though. I was so impressed with him at youth level, really hope he can start getting some chances at QPR to show what he can do.
Thanks for the info guys. The big injury layoff really set him back somewhat imo. He was on track to make the jump to next level otherwise. Still has age on his side, so hopefully he will have a loan somewhere next season which will suit his development.

Nickosaur

My hopes of him becoming a top player have dwindled since his injury...before that I honestly saw him becoming a part of our squad (maybe not first choice but certainly a good enough option for us, a la Welbeck). He can still make it here, but it will be hard work and he'll need a lot of luck.

GloryHunter07

Really?! I'd be amazed if we'd sacrifice the development of a potential first teamer for profit.
I don't think we would send the somewhere we knew they wouldn't play - but how can you tell?
If you look at it the other way, if a club is willing to make more of a financial commitment than another, then you expect they would give the player a chance

datura

I don't think we would send the somewhere we knew they wouldn't play - but how can you tell?
If you look at it the other way, if a club is willing to make more of a financial commitment than another, then you expect they would give the player a chance
I seem to recall re another player that we loaned that we turned down better financial offers in order to place him in a team that would suit him better. Of course not all loans work out well, hopefully Keane takes his chance when he gets it and forces Redknapp's hand.

PS18

That is the crux - no doubt about it
Nah, not having that. The owners might be incessantly money-grasping but there's no way we're at the stage where we're picking loan clubs for our most promising young players based on who's willing to pay the biggest loan fee.

jeston

Starts for QPR today. After the pessimism of this loan deal it's good to see him actually getting some decent minutes. Not starting every game, but not as bad as some thought it would be.

RedBistro

Daily Mail (don't laugh) is reporting that Will Keane may leave, contract runs out in summer apparently.