g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

William Keane

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Can't blame him. He's 21 and probably won't be good enough for us.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Just a day back official website had interview with the twins and they talked about their loan experiences. Will Keane especially emphasized on getting as much game minutes as he can even though there are so many players at QPR and improving fitness. I think he very well knows that he has to prove himself somewhere before even being considered for chance. It is lot different that Pogba. I hope he stays and goes out on loan, preferably at a PL club and we can take call a season after. Next season it looks tough for him to get in first team. Wilson has moved ahead of him in pecking order.

JSMHE

Can't blame him. He's 21 and probably won't be good enough for us.
His long injury last season slow him down. I'll keep him and give him another season to prove himself.

W
elbeck, Wilson, William Keane.

coolredwine

lameredboots
Just a day back official website had interview with the twins and they talked about their loan experiences. Will Keane especially emphasized on getting as much game minutes as he can even though there are so many players at QPR and improving fitness. I think he very well knows that he has to prove himself somewhere before even being considered for chance. It is lot different that Pogba. I hope he stays and goes out on loan, preferably at a PL club and we can take call a season after. Next season it looks tough for him to get in first team. Wilson has moved ahead of him in pecking order.
Read the same yesterday last night. Will is a nice bloke. Hope we keep him and not let those injuries come in between.

dr.twinny

Having a good game so far against Sunderland U21s. Pity how the injury spell pushed him way down the pecking order but I think if he keeps fit and get his chances somewhere on loan or permanently , he might have a future as a premier league striker in the future.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
If it wasn't for his injury he would already be guaranteed premierleague striker(even possibly one of our backups) IMO, one of the most complete strikers I saw at youth level, shame about that fecking injury.

dr.twinny

Yeah agreed. Even if he was to leave during January or next summer, I think one of the lower table clubs will be picking up a very good striker for a bargain.

khoazany

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...ester-united-striker-will-keane.aspx?pageNo=1

Warren Joyce pretty much confirmed what we all thought: we sent him out on loan too early.

"That's the aim. I've certainly seen signs of the old Will Keane. To be totally honest, last year before he went out on loan, I didn't see it and thought he went out on loan too early. He wasn't really in top form in training so it was not really a shock when he struggled to find his rhythm out on loan. He was out a while and we're trying to build his workload up and we'll continue to do that to get him back to what he was. Will was the best player in the country at reserves level and you don't lose that ability. You don't lose that talent. There is no timescale on it, just volume of work to get him back to that."

bdecuc

Interesting comments from Joyce. How amazing would it be to see Keane back to something like his best. He was such a talent. Fingers crossed for him.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
I certainly miss the old Will Keane, it would be fantastic to see him get the old magic back.

Before the injury he looked like first team material.

m1y2

he reminded me berbatov with his first touch and not quick but clever movement but with better work rate anyway he lost some sharpness during his time out with ugly injury that's really unfortunate for him. I remember his debut for A team against Blackburn was it ? but yeah this injury... We have better options now Wilson is 3 years younger and better prospect even quite injury prone as well.. Angelo looks to score goals for fun recently but he won't end up as United striker neither will Will but I guess if he works hard he can play for someone like Sunderland and have his fair share of goals 15 a season. With his reputation as goalscorer there will certainly be a team who will snatch him but he needs the right move. BTW what strikers do we have in U18 teams? anyone worth a notice? because I follow only u21 recently and I think we lack proper striker assuming Wilson is already first team player...

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
he reminded me berbatov with his first touch and not quick but clever movement but with better work rate anyway he lost some sharpness during his time out with ugly injury that's really unfortunate for him. I remember his debut for A team against Blackburn was it ? but yeah this injury... We have better options now Wilson is 3 years younger and better prospect even quite injury prone as well.. Angelo looks to score goals for fun recently but he won't end up as United striker neither will Will but I guess if he works hard he can play for someone like Sunderland and havye his fair share of goals 15 a season. With his reputation as goalscorer there will certainly be a team who will snatch him but he needs the right move. BTW what strikers do we have in U18 teams? anyone worth a notice? because I follow only u21 recently and I think we lack proper striker assuming Wilson is already first team player...
Academy strikers are:

Ashley Fletcher
Marcus Rashford
Devonte Redmond
Rauiri Croskery

Demetri Mitchell has played up top as well.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchester_United_F.C._Reserves_and_Academy

khoazany

thanks I know the names but I meant if there is any real prospect who would graduate to u21 soon for example.. Mitchell looks as much of a striker as Januzaj or less
Fletcher is a decent prospect with good goalscoring record and combined very well with Wilson last season.Croskery is a striker with good all-rounding game but haven't proved himself much.We don't have any other natural striker unless you want to dig into the U14s.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
thanks I know the names but I meant if there is any real prospect who would graduate to u21 soon for example.. Mitchell looks as much of a striker as Januzaj or less
From what I've read Mitchell and Fletcher are the best prospects. Neither as highly spoken about as Wilson or a young Keane.

Mitchell is listed as a midfielder and hasn't played much up top, I don't think.

Clas Sified

he reminded me berbatov with his first touch and not quick but clever movement but with better work rate anyway he lost some sharpness during his time out with ugly injury that's really unfortunate for him. I remember his debut for A team against Blackburn was it ? but yeah this injury... We have better options now Wilson is 3 years younger and better prospect even quite injury prone as well.. Angelo looks to score goals for fun recently but he won't end up as United striker neither will Will but I guess if he works hard he can play for someone like Sunderland and have his fair share of goals 15 a season. With his reputation as goalscorer there will certainly be a team who will snatch him but he needs the right move. BTW what strikers do we have in U18 teams? anyone worth a notice? because I follow only u21 recently and I think we lack proper striker assuming Wilson is already first team player...
Yeah, how has Henriquez been doing lately?

m1y2

Yeah, how has Henriquez been doing lately?
I only watch highlights so I am not probably one to say how he's doing apart his goalscoring record which is quite impressive scoring 6 in 9 matches but most of them as sub. Last time he played 90mins scored hattrick. Anyway it's still Croatian league so we should be expecting a player like him dominating it. Its a good league for him to regain his confidence but still little bit too low to finally step up as Manutd striker. I guess by this time he should have been playing in championship at least but its not like that with all players.. Some may come straight from academy levels to senior football ie Januzaj, Wilson.. some may need to be loaned out as Welbeck, Evans.. hopefully he will benefit from it and become a good footballer in the future..

Clas Sified

I only watch highlights so I am not probably one to say how he's doing apart his goalscoring record which is quite impressive scoring 6 in 9 matches but most of them as sub. Last time he played 90mins scored hattrick. Anyway it's still Croatian league so we should be expecting a player like him dominating it. Its a good league for him to regain his confidence but still little bit too low to finally step up as Manutd striker. I guess by this time he should have been playing in championship at least but its not like that with all players.. Some may come straight from academy levels to senior football ie Januzaj, Wilson.. some may need to be loaned out as Welbeck, Evans.. hopefully he will benefit from it and become a good footballer in the future..
Good. Very good. I'm hoping him and Wilson can be the future of our strike force tbh. I used to include Keane as well but oh well. It's great Henriquez is doing great there.

khoazany

Hopefully we have some sort of plan for him.9 goals in his last 9 games including BCD friendlies.He's really finding back his feet.Still think he has more works to do to get back to his old self though.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Hopefully we have some sort of plan for him.9 goals in his last 9 games including BCD friendlies.He's really finding back his feet.Still think he has more works to do to get back to his old self though.
Can't see the harm giving him a full season of U-21 football. Like you say, he's not yet got his old swagger back. Be good for him to keep on playing against poor opposition. Until next spring anyway.

khoazany

Can't see the harm giving him a full season of U-21 football. Like you say, he's not yet got his old swagger back. Be good for him to keep on playing against poor opposition. Until next spring anyway.
Yeah I think a loan on Jan would be good for him (given that we send him to a team that actually play him).Another half a year in the Reserves won't benefit him as such IMO.Plus Ashley Fletcher is crying for minutes.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Yeah I think a loan on Jan would be good for him (given that we send him to a team that actually play him).Another half a year in the Reserves won't benefit him as such IMO.Plus Ashley Fletcher is crying for minutes.
January's coming round very soon though. Whenever we do send him out on loan we need to make sure he's absolutely full of goals and confidence, so he can hit the ground running. Another stint like the last one could do his career terminal damage.

Kag

Was it Will that went to QPR last season? Baffling move. They had about seven strikers on the books.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
In fairness, pre-injury will Keane would have nailed down a spot in QPRs side no trouble.

x42bn6

In fairness, pre-injury will Keane would have nailed down a spot in QPRs side no trouble.
Not really... QPR had Andy Johnson, Bobby Zamora and Charlie Austin. They also loaned three strikers in addition to Will Keane on deadline day (one of which was Kevin Doyle). Johnson, Austin and Zamora were injured at the time, I think, but Doyle's arrival and two other loanees killed his chances.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013–14_Queens_Park_Rangers_F.C._season#Loans_in

'Arry :rolleyes:

Brightonian

I usually take the opposite view, but in his situation I'd see no harm in taking it easy this season and sticking with the U21s, unless we can find a loan for him where he is absolutely guaranteed to be a starter. Which doesn't really exist, these days.

There are good signs that he might be able to recover his old brilliance. He's not there yet, but he's moving in the right direction. In his case, there's no need to rush; his injury has already thrown the usual timescale out the window, so he might as well take his time getting his full confidence back.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Johnson, Austin and Zamora are bang average. Doyle is better tbf but still not exactly world class and QPR usually played 2 strikers back then didn't they?

khoazany

Johnson, Austin and Zamora are bang average. Doyle is better tbf but still not exactly world class and QPR usually played 2 strikers back then didn't they?
Austin and Doyle were good Championship strikers.Tbf Keane got decent amount of game times for them until they loaned Morrison (who played as a no.10 for them iirc) and Austin back from injury.'Arry appeared to be quite patient with him despite zero goal for them.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Austin and Doyle were good Championship strikers.Tbf Keane got decent amount of game times for them until they loaned Morrison (who played as a no.10 for them iirc) and Austin back from injury.'Arry appeared to be quite patient with him despite zero goal for them.
curse of the young striker on loan...

Sid234

QPR were pushing for promotion, can't blame Harry for going with experience after Will wasn't able to make an impact when given a chance..

khoazany

Rumour that Rotherham United want him on loan.I don't know who is their manager but he clearly has some obsession over United academy graduates (they have Jack Barmby,Wootton and Reece James with them now on loan with Lawrence there last month).

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Rumour that Rotherham United want him on loan.I don't know who is their manager but he clearly has some obsession over United academy graduates (they have Jack Barmby,Wootton and Reece James with them now on loan with Lawrence there last month).

Apparently Becchio goes back to Leeds so Rotherham would need another striker