Wimbledon 2011

wr8_utd

:'(
The early news is that Kim has withdrawn with a foot injury and Hewitt is a doubt on the mens side.

wr8_utd

Always fun to watch. You're guaranteed one classic match with him around usually!

Sam

Badly want Nadal to win it again. The sooner he catches up with Federer's slam record the better. Failing that, one of Novak or Murray...No point even hoping for my man Roddick, he doesn't stand a chance.

On the woman's side..well, who'd bet against one of the Williams sisters coming in, winning it, and embarrassing the whole of Woman's tennis all at the same time?

Mick1991

I think it would be nice for a change in the final......Murray and Novak maybe?

wr8_utd

Already had Murray Novak in a final this year. Nadal Djoko could be good or maybe another Fedal classic at Wimby? :drool:

Anyway, Querrey is out as well.

VP

Really hope Federer confirms his greatness by beating Nadal here.

Because lets be honest, outside of Spain no one cares about winning a couple of tournaments on mud. Wimbledon is the pinnacle of tennis.

wr8_utd

Because lets be honest, outside of Spain no one cares about winning a couple of tournaments on mud. Wimbledon is the pinnacle of tennis.
Right so I guess Bjorg's 5 titles were just worthless garbage.

And well Nadal's won twice at Wimbledon despite having played less than 10 career games on grass before playing at Wimbledon for the first time. He's beaten Federer (the greatest ever ever ever ™ ) in a Wimbledon final. Federer ( the GOAT ™) is yet to beat Nadal in a RG final and hell even a Aussie final.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke

If anything hasn't Nadal confirmed his greatness by beating Federer here.

And about clay courts, its typical deluded bollocks.

Hitchcocker

Cry me a river and jump right into it.

Nearco

youth team player

Not that it matters now with the courts slowing down but Wimbledon had some pretty ropey winners in the serve and *yawn* volley days. It's great that the two surfaces are more similar now than they've ever been and the true champions rise to the surface.

Zen

It's not Federers fault Nadal couldn't make the finals at the hards until he Federer had peaked. This is the key problem in their rivalry, it was pretty much a clay only rivalry for so long.....then when Nadal got a complete game, Federer was on the way down.

Lame debate is lame though.

wr8_utd

It's not Federers fault Nadal couldn't make the finals at the hards until he Federer had peaked. This is the key problem in their rivalry, it was pretty much a clay only rivalry for so long.....then when Nadal got a complete game, Federer was on the way down.

Nadal beat Fed in straight sets, on a hard court, the first time they ever met.

Jopub

From Barca to Orient - back down to earth with a b
"Thomas..It's up for grabs now - Thomas, righ
If he maintains the level he played at in Paris, being on a much quicker court, I fancy Fed for this.

He had his baby and his domestic family 'downtime' and for me he's looking hungrier than for a couple of years.

Can Djoko really cement a top spot or will he fall away after Paris.? Will Rafa really nail himself on as one of the greatest? (And I'll not spend 6 pages here arguing with you about that Wr8)

Can Murray find some bottle from somewhere and challenge these three ? I doubt it but you never know

Should be a cracking tournament.

TheHorse'sMouth

Supports
Arsenal
Murray has a great chance. Something tells me he might win it this year..the last couple of months, I've been impressed with the bollocks he shows in sticky situations. He's mentally a very strong individual and it might take him all the way this year.

wr8_utd

Murray has a great chance. Something tells me he might win it this year..the last couple of months, I've been impressed with the bollocks he shows in sticky situations. He's mentally a very strong individual and it might take him all the way this year.
I honestly thought Murray would win the Aussie Open this year but he just got blown away. I yet think that he'll win a Slam eventually but not right now with Djoko and Nadal in form and Fed also looking somewhere close to his better form.
If he maintains the level he played at in Paris, being on a much quicker court, I fancy Fed for this.

He had his baby and his domestic family 'downtime' and for me he's looking hungrier than for a couple of years.

Can Djoko really cement a top spot or will he fall away after Paris.? Will Rafa really nail himself on as one of the greatest? (And I'll not spend 6 pages here arguing with you about that Wr8)

Can Murray find some bottle from somewhere and challenge these three ? I doubt it but you never know

Should be a cracking tournament.
Don't worry I don't think Nadal is anywhere near the greatest ever...yet ;)

Though with every Slam (and the Olympic gold) to his name and 10 overall, he's already one of best irrespective of what he does for the rest of his career now.

Nearco

youth team player
Is there an argument for thinking Djoko won't quite be as sharp for this as he was for the Aussie?

We know Federer and Nadal have shown the ability to be at their peak all season long - Djoko not so much.

I think it's between Federer and Murray.

wr8_utd

Fed and Murray would need to take out Djoko and Nadal for that to happen. Djoko looked very very good today vs Simon in his first grass match of the season. I think he's adapted his game to all courts now and will be a huge threat.

Aboutreika18

Not really bothered who wins, as long as it's not Murray.

Wouldn't mind seeing another Tsonga run to a Grand Slam final, he's a extremely entertaining player to watch on his day.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Out of their 25 meetings 14 have been on clay. It's almost as if Federer did himself more harm by constantly making those finals. For all we know the stats would be a lot closer if Nadal made more finals on grass and hard courts, especially during Federer's peak.

Anyways goes without saying that I want Federer to win. But I want it to be a Nadal Federer final.

wr8_utd

Out of their 25 meetings 14 have been on clay. It's almost as if Federer did himself more harm by constantly making those finals. For all we know the stats would be a lot closer if Nadal made more finals on grass and hard courts, especially during Federer's peak.

Anyways goes without saying that I want Federer to win. But I want it to be a Nadal Federer final.
Nadal has a decent record against him on the other surfaces as well. He beat Fed in straight sets ( Fed at his peak) in their first ever meeting (on a hard court) and then there was the epic 5 setter at Key Biscane and they've played 3 Wimbledon finals with Fed leading 2-1 and Nadal's won their single Hard Court Grand Slam match.

And Nadal has played 4 of the last 5 Wimbledon Finals (he didn't play in 09) so I don't think he could reach any more Grass finals but yes he's been pretty woeful at the US Open so it would have been interestin to see more Fedal games on the HC's.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Federer-Djokovic & Nadal-Murray semis

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
quarterfinals Ferrer-Federer, Roddick-Murray, Berdych-Nadal & Soderling-Djokovic

wr8_utd

Draw's starting to come out and AM and Rafa in one half and Djoko and Fed in one half...again.

wr8_utd

Murray and Djoko have the harder draws for sure. Roddick and Sod will be far harder than Ferrer and Berdych imo.

wr8_utd

Fed has Tsonga is his half as well which will be far harder than Ferrer in the Quarters