Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Nadal gets Raonic and Del Potro, maybe in succession? that would be awful

wr8_utd

:'(
Del Potro plays Nadal early
Not good :nervous:

Del Po needs to go up the rankings a bit or he's going to continue to be a dangerous floater.

AM vs Gasquet/Wawrinka possibility in the 3rd Round. Nadal's getting hammered with Raonic and Del Po :(

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Raonic - Del Potro 2nd round, right ?

and Nadal - Andujar again

wr8_utd

Nadal's first 2 games are fine. Russel in the first and as you say Andjugar in the 2nd.

Raonic in the 3rd I think. I hope it's the winner of Raonic-Del Po because playing BOTH of them on grass is not ideal. Both big big hitters.

wr8_utd

Murray: 1st Round : Gimeno-Traver
2nd Round: Kamke or Kavcic

No idea who either of those players are.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Thats just impossible... what were the possibilities, 128x127 ? that means there was one chance out of 16,256 for this to happen.

wr8_utd

The 3rd Round could be amazing :

Potential 3R matches: Nadal/Raonic, Murray/Cilic or Gasquet, Federer/Nalbandian, Soderling/Davydenko, Bagdatis/Djokovic

Zen

Out of their 25 meetings 14 have been on clay. It's almost as if Federer did himself more harm by constantly making those finals. For all we know the stats would be a lot closer if Nadal made more finals on grass and hard courts, especially during Federer's peak.
Exactly. Had Federer just been another Sampras/McEnroe and been another great but shit on clay, then this rivalry would be a non-issue to his greatness since it'd be more like 7-7 or something...but as it is, him redefining the complete player and consistency is actually his biggest detractor. Basically if Nadal was like 2 years older, and he was able to play on hards from 2007 instead of from 2009.....this rivalry would be even better and well closer in terms of w-l since hards are Federers best surface really, its where all his best and most dominating performances have come from, not wimbledon minus the 2005 masterclass of Roddick.

wr8_utd

Well Fed has what 6 Wimbledon titles? He has the highest win percentage ratio on grass in the Open Era so Nadal beating him at Wimbledon is a far bigger than Nadal beating Fed on hard courts imo.

Taking down Fed at Wimbledon was almost as tough as bringing down Nadal at RG.

Zen

Win percentage ratio on grass....considering his little pre-wimbledon toruney was a gimme for 5 years and he hasn't had his "old man" period yet. That's obvious. Either way, doesn't he hold the same record on hards anyway? I know he holds the best record of US/Aussie by like 7% over Sampras.

Safin beating him at the Aussie Open is the greatest performance against him, since that was by far his best performance in a (gs)loss also. Nadals in 08 and Del Pos in 09 are about equal after that I guess.

Stretch

After seeing the way Fed played at RG, I must say this is the time for him to win what I suspect could be his last slam. He's got that fire in his belly back and if he plays like that on the faster grass courts then I believe he can beat Nadal or anyone else for that matter.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Well Fed has what 6 Wimbledon titles? He has the highest win percentage ratio on grass in the Open Era so Nadal beating him at Wimbledon is a far bigger than Nadal beating Fed on hard courts imo.

Taking down Fed at Wimbledon was almost as tough as bringing down Nadal at RG.
These points can be argued on and on without end but the point that Zen raised which I agree with is that the win loss record between them doesn't tell the full story. There's far too many meetings on clay as opposed to other surfaces to draw conclusions on the basis of that. For all we know were they meeting on conditions Federer preferred throughout the early parts of their careers, then it would be Nadal who would have to face the burden and pressure of famed "the head to head".

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
Was the Isner Mahut the match that went up to 60 games in the fifth set last time? :lol:

That should be interesting to watch.

amolbhatia50k

As for Wimbledon 2011 I don't know if Federer is the dominant force on grass anymore. Went out early last year and barring Roland Garros he's become a very error stricken albiet great player. The hope is that the Roland Garros form carries over into Wimbledon in which case he'll be very hard to stop.

wr8_utd

Nadal:
3rd Round: Raonic
4th Round: Del Po
Quarters: Berdych
Semi: Murray

Djoko:
1st Round: Chardy (dangerous player)
2nd Round: Anderson
3rd Round: Baggy
4th Round: Troicki
Quarters: Sod
Semi: Fed

That's as bad as Nadal's.

Murray:
3rd Round: Ljubicic
4th Round : Stan or Gasquet
Quarters: A Rod (this is the tough one)
Semi: Nadal

Fed:
3rd Round: Nalbandian (just returned from injury)
Quarter: Tsonga (the only tough challenge)
Semi: Djoko

I think Fed and Murray should make it to the semis without too much trouble but one of Nadal and Djoko could be shocked.

wr8_utd

Hrbatty is the Greatest of All Time. He has winning records against Fedal :D

amolbhatia50k

I absolutely love Wimbledon. No other grandslam comes remotely close.

I still remember the Rafter Ivanisevic final and just looking disbelief at the way the final set went.

wr8_utd

When does this start lads?
Monday.

I still remember the Rafter Ivanisevic final and just looking disbelief at the way the final set went.
That was a devastating final. I really wanted Rafter to win and then many years later Nadal went and lost in 5 to Fed.

After 2008 I finally had someone I wanted to win, win!

But yes that Rafter Goran match was better than the 2008 one in terms of quality imo.

amolbhatia50k

Monday.

That was a devastating final. I really wanted Rafter to win and then many years later Nadal went and lost in 5 to Fed.

But yes that Rafter Goran match was better than the 2008 one in terms of quality imo.
I also wanted Rafter to win really badly. I don't remember what the overall quality was. I just remember it being nerve racking and great entertainment.

wr8_utd

I remember Goran's mental serves and a lot of serve volleying. They keep showing the match in their "Wimbledon Films" on Star Sports so I've seen it again and it's just as good as it was that time!

Hitchcocker

Nadal:
3rd Round: Raonic
4th Round: Del Po
Quarters: Berdych
Semi: Murray

Djoko:
1st Round: Chardy (dangerous player)
2nd Round: Anderson
3rd Round: Baggy
4th Round: Troicki
Quarters: Sod
Semi: Fed

That's as bad as Nadal's.

Murray:
3rd Round: Ljubicic
4th Round : Stan or Gasquet
Quarters: A Rod (this is the tough one)
Semi: Nadal

Fed:
3rd Round: Nalbandian (just returned from injury)
Quarter: Tsonga (the only tough challenge)
Semi: Djoko

I think Fed and Murray should make it to the semis without too much trouble but one of Nadal and Djoko could be shocked.
Worst possible draw for Nadal. :( Fingers crossed Del Potro gets eliminated early.

Sam

The Nadal - Federer 5 setter back in 08 was my favourite ever Wimbledon match, awesome!
Forget just tennis, that was one of the greatest sporting moments ever. Just an incredible match. By far and away my favourite match ever, really was one of those you remember where you saw it moments.

wr8_utd

Tough way for Murray!!!!!

Isner vs Mahut again in the 1st round :lol::lol::drool:
Roddick will be the only real test before the semis. Gasquet might get a set at best. And you never know, he might not even have to play Nadal in the semis :nervous:

amolbhatia50k

Cilic is a fine ball striker when on form. I don't know what his recent form is like but if he gets going he can definitely beat Murray.

amolbhatia50k

Del Podro was unfortunate to have that long term injury after the Us Open. He'll be much more than a giant killer IMO. He only has one less grandslam than Djokovic.

wr8_utd

Cilic is horribly off form. He had a good period 2 years back when he also took out Murray but it's been a downward slide ever since.

Del Po is a real danger. He's got a massive serve and massive ground strokes. The faster he moves up the rankings the better it is for the top 4.

amolbhatia50k

I like Del Podro. Rarely do I come out saying that when the chap has just beaten Federer in a grand slam final, but I liked him even in 2009 when he did that. I have a preference for players go out and attack and entertain.

Giggsy PO

Wimbledon Prediction Champion 09
Monday.

That was possibly the best match ever I have seen on TV.

CheadleBeagle

Wimbledon is my favourite by far. I so wanted Rafter to win that match too.
I thought the Fed/Nadal 2007 final was fantastic too.