Wimbledon 2011

CheadleBeagle

Nadal's first 2 games are fine. Russel in the first and as you say Andjugar in the 2nd.

Raonic in the 3rd I think. I hope it's the winner of Raonic-Del Po because playing BOTH of them on grass is not ideal. Both big big hitters.
Didn't Russell have match point against Nadal a few years ago at Wimbledon or am I thinking of another American journeyman player?

bazalini

The Baz Man - He made us laugh 2000 - 2012
Wimbledon is 29 mins old and already Katie O'Brien is a break down in second after losing first 6-0.

What a waste of a wild card

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Her opponent wears men`s clothes. :lol::lol::lol::lol:
:lol:

Yeah I thought something was off about that!

I thought it was just some chick who was really a fan of a young Roger Federer.

But now that you mention it, this match is freaking me out!

One is dressed like a man and the other some 50 year old socialite.

Hitchcocker

feck off and let me watch Nadal!

McEnroe irked by Nadal Grand Slam modesty
(AFP) – 22 minutes ago
LONDON — American tennis great John McEnroe has pleaded with world number one Rafael Nadal to drop his modesty and admit that he may just be the greatest player of all time.
Nadal begins the defence of his Wimbledon title on Monday, just two weeks after capturing a record-equalling sixth French Open crown which took his Grand Slam tally to 10, just six behind Roger Federer's all-time mark.
But the Spaniard has constantly played down his chances of catching his great Swiss rival despite being almost five years younger, a stance that is beginning to irritate former Wimbledon champion McEnroe.
"I'm getting a little bit tired of him continuing to downplay his chances," McEnroe told the BBC.
"There is definitely an argument for him not only being the best player at the moment, but the greatest of all time.
"Rafa has won things like the Davis Cup and an Olympic gold medal (in singles) that Roger Federer hasn't, and he is right on his tail in terms of Grand Slam titles too - so why can't he just say 'look, I'm the best'."

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Because he's not the best ?

If he crosses 16 grandslams I doubt he'll be as modest. Besides, Rafa is a good chap. It's a GOOD trait John!

wr8_utd

:'(
Aargh. I'm going to stop watching Nadal on Break Points. It's the same pattern in every tournament. Mishits, forehands long and BP gone.

Brophs

The One and Only
Aargh. I'm going to stop watching Nadal on Break Points. It's the same pattern in every tournament. Mishits, forehands long and BP gone.
Calm down, dear. Being the dominant male player for the last few years suggests he's still doing alright.

wr8_utd

And now Russel breaks for 4-2 after Nadal double faults. Just a typical, tame give away of a break after wasting the chances he himself had. Can see Nadal dropping a set or two today. Typical early Wimbledon form.

wr8_utd

And Nadal breaks back. These early tournament matches are so up and down :lol:

Hitchcocker

And now Russel breaks for 4-2 after Nadal double faults. Just a typical, tame give away of a break after wasting the chances he himself had. Can see Nadal dropping a set or two today. Typical early Wimbledon form.
:rolleyes:

wr8_utd

Raonic with a straight set win. That serve of his is mental. Really hope someone can take him out before he plays Nadal :nervous:

#Raonic def. Gicquel 6-3, 7-6(3), 6-3 to win his 1st main draw match @Wimbledon & reach round 2. 41 winners, 13 UE's, 25 aces.

wr8_utd

Beautiful volley on the stretch from Russel there. Shame he lost the point though. Nadal 6-4 4-1 up now with a double break.

Sw33t

No doubt he'd go through there.

Had to laugh at that challenge right at the end, he thought it was in but challenged anyway, didn't have anything to lose, and it was out. :lol:

wr8_utd

That was a really good match and a lot of fun to watch despite the scoreline.

Hitchcocker

Canadian player. He's got a mental serve and some crazy power in his shots and he'll play Nadal in the 3rd Round.

Nadal hasn't lost here since 2007 ;)
How is that possible if his two Wimbledon slams are in 2008 and 2010?

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
Nipples on the blonde girl playing at wimbledon at the moment.

Lovely jubbly.