Win Percentage Under Solskjaer

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Is this true?

February 8th. • 8th in the league.
25 games played. • 35/ 75 points won. • 9 games won. • 8 games drawn. • 8 games lost.
36 goals scored. • 29 goals conceded.
Ole’s at the wheel..

Yakuza_devils

Feck me.. People is running out of thing to defend Ole and now they are using "feel good". What's that supposed to mean?

In real life, as man utd fan, everywhere u go people is laughing and making jokes about our incompetent manager! Enough said.

And if our players "feel good" at 8th then we are truly fecked.

James Ward

Until RW, RB, LB and CF are sorted there is not much that can be done. I honestly think we have one of the worst attacking front three in the league at the moment. I'm not including Rashford obviously as is injured who is a quality player but not world class as of yet but he will be.

But what really pisses me off with Ole is his inability to adapt to the injuries and still insists on playing 4-2-3-1 which just isn't working.

Martial just has to go this summer or be backup to Rashford on the left if he's injured.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
The feel good factor was one of the few positives related to Ole but after Freds interview now I'm not so sure. A team that has no unity isn't a team no matter how people want to spin it and calling out his own players as individuals is only going to divide the dressing room even more.
I beg your pardon? Could you elaborate on the bolded point more please?
There's no way this isn't a WUM :lol:

Feel good factor. My God.
Feel good factor :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Fred's recent quotes directly challenge this belief. Do you feel this belief is grounded in reality or fantasy? Is this a comfort blanket shielding you from the painful acceptance of facts?

On average, you need 68 points to even finish fifth, with five of the last nine finishing in the 70s.

We're currently on course for a 54 points finish in the league. Wolves finished seventh last year with 57. Do you feel that is acceptable for Man Utd?

Why do you feel it's okay to disregard all performances over a long period of time, choosing only to focus on abstract notions like 'feel good factor', when there's little evidence to support your beliefs?

Did you watch our recent match vs Wolves? What did you make of the 'feel good factor' last week?
Who feels good? The fans being laughed at in 8th?

The players and staff?

If it’s the players and staff feeling good when we’re 8th and have won 9 in 25, that’s truly terrifying.
Feel good factor around the club in general, i've got extended family members and mates who work at Old Trafford and Carrington either full-time, or part-time on matchdays and to a man they've all said the same, even the women.

Feel good factor around the club in general, i've got extended family members and mates who work at Old Trafford and Carrington either full-time, or part-time on matchdays and to a man they've all said the same, even the women.
"even the women".... what the holy feck?!

So people who work in admin, catering and stewarding at OT and Carrington feel good, men and "even women", wow, definitely a reason to keep a manager around for me. I'm sold.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Oh, and we've won 9 league games in our last 30.

Break that into as many chunks as you like and try making it look pretty.
That's good progress!
We have had our worst start to the season since the EPL started. Good progress.
We only lost 2-0 to LFC. And our players worked hard. Good stuff.
We'll probably miss out CL qualification again and if so, that'll be 2 years in a row. When was the last time that happened? I can't remember.
And let's not forget - boring football. The playing style is atrocious. Not as bad as LVG, but not far off.

I am dumbfounded that anybody can see this as progress - we are going backwards, which is the opposite of progress. There is absolutely no debate on this as the facts bear this out.

Class of 63

Sourness
That's good progress!
We'll probably miss out CL qualification again and if so, that'll be 2 years in a row. When was the last time that happened? I can't remember.
And let's not forget - boring football. The playing style is atrocious. Not as bad as LVG, but not far off.

I am dumbfounded that anybody can see this as progress - we are going backwards, which is the opposite of progress. There is absolutely no debate on this as the facts bear this out.
Every day is a learning day :lol:

Did I say that Ole should keep his job because there's a feel-good factor around the club again?
Kinda yeah, you were replying to not caring less about him having the worst win percentage post Fergie because "feel good factor". (see below)

"Feel good factor" is just such absolute intangible tosh, especially when it's based on "extended family who work at the club", I can't believe I even let myself get roped into it.

Even with all his stats, he still has the worst win percentage among the post Fergie managers.
Class of 63 said:
Couldn't care less even if that is true(different players/starting point so it's unfair), go more on feel good factor, and it's currently higher than at any time since SAF left

Looking forward to a stat for that, no doubt some sad sap will be out there with Logarithm, Spreadsheets and Pie Charts brain working overtime, it's coming lads!

sunama

Baghdad Bob
There are many things wrong with the OP, but this is my favourite.

Admittedly we're talking small sample sizes but to me there seems to be a clear pattern and evidence of progress and stabilisation.
In saying that, everybody has their opinion and are entitled to it.

One other thing that I want to remind everybody of is that we are all MUFC fans. We all want to win, beat all teams and win the biggest trophies.
So, when replying to each other, we need to restrain ourselves from being nasty, calling each other names, etc. Be aware that for all of our, what we want is the same - we want the best for the club.
Considering the above, I think we need to be more respectful to each other.

Last edited:

AFC NimbleThumb

That's good progress!

LVGs football was outdated but there was some semblance of a plan. He at least had a tactic other than hope for Rashford to save me on the counter against the bigger teams.

OgS [for me] is bar far playing worse football than LVG.

Otherwise 100% agree with your post, we are in regression!

Rista

"Sure, the facts may point out to us being absolutely shite, but we have an ex player managing us so there is no issue. Even women think that".

Seems reasonable to me.

In saying that, everybody has their opinion and are entitled to it.
They are, but if its factually incorrect it'll be called out.

After December I was all for threads like this being made, I thought we were finally seeing progress, Watford rattled me, but we finished the year well. Since December though it's been as bad as ever again, zero progress.

If we get a few players back now and go on a great run with Bruno in the side, feck me, the Ole optimists should absolutely be creating threads like this and showing other fans that progress is being made, 100%.

sect2k

This thread needs more poems, there should always be more poems about Ole and his glorious battle against the forces of evil.

Josep Dowling

People need to wake up. Given our fixture list there is a high probability we could be 14th in a few weeks. Love Solskjaer as a player but as a manager he’s crap and I don’t know why the club is sticking with the bloke over a fluky win in Paris.

Class of 63

Sourness
Kinda yeah, you were replying to not caring less about him having the worst win percentage post Fergie because "feel good factor". (see below)

"Feel good factor" is just such absolute intangible tosh, especially when it's based on "extended family who work at the club", I can't believe I even let myself get roped into it.
Go more on feel good factor than stats if I was undecided on Ole, i'm not, he's still got my full backing.

matt10000

I disagree that 54 is good enough. Maybe it was good enough a few years ago, but the teams win more nowadays. I would probably expect a minimum level now, considering the shape we are in, to be closer to Mourinhos 58 % (this also include an awful spell in the end). Maybe we could say that due to injuries, poor luck, rebuilding etc 55 % should be the minimum expected.

But you make a very good point about some journalists presenting misleading stats on our results.
54% isn’t good enough but 55% is. Not too far off then

matt10000

People need to wake up. Given our fixture list there is a high probability we could be 14th in a few weeks. Love Solskjaer as a player but as a manager he’s crap and I don’t know why the club is sticking with the bloke over a fluky win in Paris.
....there were a few other games before Paris as well

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Ole should stay because of a supposed Feel good factor is this a joke ?
Because if it is then fair-play because I cant stop laughing.

Go more on feel good factor than stats if I was undecided on Ole, i'm not, he's still got my full backing.
I don’t feel good, nor does any United fan I talk to, I hope to feck Ole and the players don’t feel good so best I don’t go off that.

I’ll instead keep hoping we can turn it around on the pitch between now & May and get some real feel good going on.

redshaw

I take it all back if even the women at the club are feeling good.

As long as shit service is being served with a warm smile of Ole instead of the scowl of Jose.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I can remember reading an interview from Giggs about how he couldn't enjoy his summer holiday after we lost the league to City on the last day. It was on his mind all the time. He couldn't feel good until they had won it back.

Many players said they didn't know fear until they played under Ferguson. He put the fear of failure into them and produced a mentality of real winners.

But feck it, there is a some kind of feel good factor around and Lindgaard and Martial and Lindehof are all feeling good while we slumped to 8 in our worst season since the PL began. Real United ehos there. The United Way.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Couldn't care less even if that is true(different players/starting point so it's unfair), go more on feel good factor, and it's currently higher than at any time since SAF left

Looking forward to a stat for that, no doubt some sad sap will be out there with Logarithm, Spreadsheets and Pie Charts brain working overtime, it's coming lads!
More like a feel like shit factor.

Class of 63

Sourness
I don’t feel good, nor does any United fan I talk to, I hope to feck Ole and the players don’t feel good so best I don’t go off that.

I’ll instead keep hoping we can turn it around on the pitch between now & May and get some real feel good going on.
I'm not exactly doing cartwheels myself but ....

As we all do.

Chairman Steve

I wouldn’t be surprised if this feel good factor is because OGS is such a pushover, with all his smiles and being proud of the boys for every time we dont win. I’d feel good if the head honcho of the organisation I worked for just had zero expectations and no KPIs to work too.

”I didn’t make any sales this month, boss.“
”I’m proud of you and the boys this month, Chairmany. You get Sales and understand the Sales way. Just go out there and enjoy yourself”

ottosec

The haters who think there is no feel good factor around the club only need to watch any Ole post-match interview after we lose and see how much he is smiling in them.

red4ever 79

I feel better now. As long as the cleaner and the receptionist are happy, who cares if the results are crap

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
There’s some staggering amounts of bollocks being spouted by one or two in here. One in particular.

Wilt

The haters who think there is no feel good factor around the club only need to watch any Ole post-match interview after we lose and see how much he is smiling in them.
Exactly! why does he smile after we lose? Is he some kind of sadist?

jamesjimmybyrondean

I can remember reading an interview from Giggs about how he couldn't enjoy his summer holiday after we lost the league to City on the last day. It was on his mind all the time. He couldn't feel good until they had won it back.

Many players said they didn't know fear until they played under Ferguson. He put the fear of failure into them and produced a mentality of real winners.

But feck it, there is a some kind of feel good factor around and Lindgaard and Martial and Lindehof are all feeling good while we slumped to 8 in our worst season since the PL began. Real United ehos there. The United Way.
It's funny how Ole in raves about how he's bringing back the United culture, signing United players or the right fit for our culture when he himself is not the right fit. Asides from promoting youth, Ole is nothing like a United manager. Does not play attacking football, is not tactically flexible, lacks ambition, smiles at losses and poor performances, can't handle pressure, can't motivate his players when losing, lacks charisma and presence (though I couldn't care less about this). But this is not how a United manager should be.