Winter Wonderland Cancelled

Good. It was dangerous enough without a deadly virus vying for position amongst the mud/ice covered walkways, dodgy food stalls and roaming gang members.

Jack-C20

Went there as part of our Xmas party a couple of years ago. Was probably one of the least enjoyable experiences I’ve had. Absolutely heaving, over priced beer and really no positives at all. From what I gathered it was just a fun fair but with a few beer tents thrown in. The pubs we went in around London before and after were way better.

Must add that I guess it might be more special for kids. Still not sure it’s much of a loss though.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Went there as part of our Xmas party a couple of years ago. Was probably one of the least enjoyable experiences I’ve had. Absolutely heaving, over priced beer and really no positives at all. From what I gathered it was just a fun fair but with a few beer tents thrown in. The pubs we went in around London before and after were way better.

Must add that I guess it might be more special for kids. Still not sure it’s much of a loss though.
Same. It's awful - if you asked me to name one night out I hated it'd be going there (can't think of any others).

0le

It was always rubbish anyway. This is good news for both the people who visit the park regularly and also those who use the tube around that area.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
The only worry about this story is it shows that authorities think Covid will be a huge issue during the winter .... long way off from solving this scourge

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Slightly off topic, at least if there is a christmas lockdown I wont have to make excuses to avoid/not visit/not host family this year!!! Silver linings and all that.....................

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The OP didn't expect those replies.

I think it’s horrendous. Might be good for tourists I suppose, but I’ll never go again, didn’t want to go the first time - just not enjoyable at all.

SirAF

Ageist
To be fair, even if events like these were not cancelled would one really want to go? I mean, jam packed with people in the middle of a global outbreak?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
To be fair, even if events like these were not cancelled would one really want to go? I mean, jam packed with people in the middle of a global outbreak?
There's no shortage of stupid people in the world.

Smores

Just in case the point hadn't been done to death, good it's shit. I've never understood why it's so shit, been a few different years and it's always terrible.

The Leeds Christmas market and it's beer hall is (or at least was) far better for instance.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I enjoyed it when I went a few years ago, makes sense not .to keep big events going with the current climate. Some right misery guts in threads like these though, anytime anything even remotely fun is cancelled it's met with a barrage of "good", "shit anyway" and "anyone who enjoys anything should be burned at the stake".

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
I enjoyed it when I went a few years ago, makes sense not .to keep big events going with the current climate. Some people with a modicum of taste in threads like these though, anytime anything even remotely fun is cancelled it's met with a barrage of "good", "shit anyway" and "anyone who enjoys anything should be burned at the stake".
Fixed.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Footygirl came here expecting sympathy and everyone hates the place :lol:

Vitro

Just thinking of going to Winter Wonderland evokes in me the anticipatory anxiety and psychological dread I imagine is felt by those about to undergo torture.

djembatheking

Santa should be banned too. Coughing and sneezing in everyones house , super spreading cnut.