With Jose still in charge - I am NOT looking forward to next season

Mainoldo

I think he has lost the confidence of the players which will cause his demise at some point next srason.

If the level of football continues and we find ourselves behind City in Jan i reckon he will be sacked.
I just hope we aren’t 7th when this happens. But he’s definitely getting sacked next season.

Adebesi

I don't buy any explanation that lays the blame for this mess on the players. If we were struggling against superior sides but killing off smaller teams that might make sense. But the teams we've struggled against have been undeniably weaker than us.

Yes we can upgrade in some areas. Definitely in defense, definitely on the right wing, new midfielders, whatever. But nothing is going to fundamentally change because the problem isn't the players.

red4ever 79

Not looking forward to next season and I honestly think we will rue some of the decisions Jose will make. Players like Shaw, Martial. These are good young players with potential and we will regret it if they leave and achieve big things elsewhere. Now to my point. Jose is setting us up every match to keep it tight and not concede. This is simply not good enough and not what is acceptable at Manchester United. These dinosaur tactics. It's the same every match, start of slow play c*ap for the first half maybe concede and then react.

Either Jose changes his tactics (which I doubt he will do) or he has to go. Otherwise we will continue with the same awful pedestrian football next season. I say cut the losses and bring in Enrique. I am positive Enrique could get our attacking players delivering.

Hughie77

where in a football world where we won' t have managers around for long periods, we have to compete with transfers that's top of the list, youths are another way bring some top ones through. Money is root to it all, we have enough always will thanks to the way the club is run.
Jose will stay next season all of it unless he gets it really wrong. What I would like to see is us playing and opposition reacting to our style not other way round...e.g. Fergie 4-4-2 best at it best players at it.. U beat us if u can where playing this way! We got to many formations.. stick to one and be the best at it.

slayerfer

The Jose / Utd process was stated that he needed 3 (?) Transfer windows.

He has bought 2 centre backs for 60 odd million and both have barely played this season, and, have they even played together? He bought and sold Mhiki and bought and lost Zlatan. Pogba and Sanchez have been average. That's 6 players and a feck load of £££s and we have barely seen an improvement in the style of football.

But yeah, let's be patient, waste some more money and keep playing this way. Brilliant.
I didn't mention all of our signings.

Zlatan is old, he was a short term signing. So was Larsson.

Howard, Smith, Saha and Heinze were average too.

And Kleberson, Djemba-Djemba, Miller, and Bellion were bad signings, like Mkhitaryan and Lindelof.

Guess what happened then? We kept singing players and at the end we had a great team. It was actually a brillant plan. So we have to do the same brillant thing.

Real Madrid won a CL in 2013/14. The first important player of that squad was Pepe, who was signed in 2007/08. That's six years of hard work and a lot of signings and a lot of money.

Bayern won the CL in 2012/13. One of the first players they signed in order to build that squad was Ribery in 2007/08. Five years, hard work, and money.

This is how things work and the anxious fans of each club cannot change that.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
I guess we should all be depressed.
I'm not happy with the way the season went but come august, I'm sure to be up for it again. Some people need to stop being so miserable.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Hold on, Jose's job is just here to baby in Carrick from here on out. We still have CL football to look forward to.
CL football with José isn't something to look forward to. Counting the days till he is gone, I will celebrate like when we got rid of Moyes. It will easily reach the same level of of relief

spiriticon

What do you suggest people do? Spend the summer dreading the new season?
Well I'm not exactly dreading the new season, but not exactly looking forward to it either.

I dunno, I guess I'm just realistic with what I see. This team has so many issues it won't be fixed over a single summer.

I'm looking forward to 5 years time instead.

XxEpicUnitedxX

One thing I just don't understand in the match, like all the matches. Why is Pogba's positioning so horrible in the game. He's either to close to another player who had the ball or too far away to even do anything, or not even trying run in the middle of the pitch up front, sitting to deep while attacking.

Not to mention Valencia, but my god he's the worst player on the pitch. He always just passes the ball to a player next to him and doesn't run forward straight after just to catch the off. The whole time he's just standing there. There's way to much wrong with the team, with the players we have. So much open space and yet not a single player tried to run thru the middle like Chelsea did 3 times and nearly scored because of that. Do Utd not practice a game plan in attacking!

They always take way to long to pass the ball aswel. None of this makes any sense. You don't need world class players to do a job like this. It's basic stuff that Utd can't even do.

Last edited by a moderator:

kouroux

I'm not happy with the way the season went but come august, I'm sure to be up for it again. Some people need to stop being so miserable.
I think some people should let others express themselves and their disappointment however fit they see as long as no forum guidelines are broken. It really is simple, if one doesn't like the tone of a thread, no one is forcing him to read it.

Sing you a song

Hate to say it but Jose should go he has lost the players
Martial never looks happy but now looks like he hates the club
Rashfords confidence is shot
He had a pop at Lukaku in public for saying he wasn’t fit to start ( great motivation Jose )
Pogba has been a disaster
Sanchez has been a disaster and looks so unhappy at the club
In a time when attacking fullbacks are crucial we have the worst 2 in the lge ( both ex wingers but can’t get a fecking cross in between them !! )
We need at least 4 or 5 players and I don’t trust him to buy them
He will never play the type of football we want and he blames everyone but himself

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
CL football with José isn't something to look forward to. Counting the days till he is gone, I will celebrate like when we got rid of Moyes. It will easily reach the same level of of relief
The thing is: Do you trust us to get the next man right? I don't. We'll most likely sign the next Moyes.

alsabi

I don't trust the club anymore either. We cannot even get a decent modern website :lol:
I have just had it with Mourinho's brand of football.
:lol: When was the club website last changed? All I remember is that I first discovered Redcafe after getting totally fed up with the forum part of the club website and looking on Google for others, about five years ago now.

kouroux

:lol: When was the club website last changed? All I remember is that I first discovered Redcafe after getting totally fed up with the forum part of the club website and looking on Google for others, about five years ago now.
The very least that should be done is a new design. It looks so old and unappealing

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Those hoping Mourinho is going to get sacked needs to change their opinions. It's not going to happen.

All I can hope for is that yesterday was a massive realisation to Jose that we're just simply not good enough to challenge for titles, and that he revamps the squad.

reddaz71

We have an archaic back four from 2011!! Jose has to revamp the defence because clearly his lack of trust in them impacts his decision to set us up conservatively,also the midfield is lacking in pace,guile and strength,out wide especially on the right we have square pegs and no natural width,all in all Mourinho has done incredibly well to get us up to a 2nd place finish given all of the above!

Saf94

I don't buy any explanation that lays the blame for this mess on the players. If we were struggling against superior sides but killing off smaller teams that might make sense. But the teams we've struggled against have been undeniably weaker than us.

Yes we can upgrade in some areas. Definitely in defense, definitely on the right wing, new midfielders, whatever. But nothing is going to fundamentally change because the problem isn't the players.
We struggled against teams that parked the bus and defended deep and compact, that’s usually the small teams but happened to be Chelsea yesterday, they played exactly like the smaller teams we struggle against (not a criticism, it’s very smart from them).

What’s our tactical issue when our entire team is sat in their half but can’t break them down? What should Mou do differently? The issue is that our players don’t have the movement or quality to break teams down, it’s as simple as that. I welcome anyone to suggest what different tactic we can use against a team with 11 players parked right in front of their goal. We don’t have width because we don’t have wingers, even when we play wingers it’s just Martial who runs toward the box and sees 4 players ahead of him and turns to pass or fails to cross. We don’t have the players who make late runs into the box like Delle Alli who can unsettle a defence and get on the end of good passes. We don’t have players who can play quick football in tight spaces, God knows Sanchez tries and Lingard is ok at it but no one else really can do it.

You can blame the recruitment sure, but you can’t say it’s not the players fault. Mourinho can be blamed for a lot of things, game against Sevilla for sure. But when he comes up against a packed defence I just don’t understand what people see that is his fault. When literally our entire team is in their half and everyone apart from our cbs is in their final third, it’s not like Mou is parking the bus. If you think he’s purposely telling them to pass slowly and not make runs that’s stupid, Mou knows how we need to play but we don’t have the players to do it. We don’t have Sane or Sterling, Salah or Firmino. We didn’t even have Lukaku for most of that game who’s like the onlyyyy striker who creates space in our team.

Pyro19

Those hoping Mourinho is going to get sacked needs to change their opinions. It's not going to happen.

All I can hope for is that yesterday was a massive realisation to Jose that we're just simply not good enough to challenge for titles, and that he revamps the squad.
Why should anyone change their opinion if Mourinho doesn't get sacked? I don't quite understand.

Him being in this job doesn't change the fact that he plays the most regressive brand of football among all the Top managers in the world right now and is now fast approaching the status of a dinosaur.

King.of.Red

Yeah, each fan has their opinions about Jose. For me, I'm still looking forward to next season with him. Hopefully he can bring the team to give me and all United fans more happiness.

spiriticon

Issues that need to be fixed imo:

1) A backup ST. Either we buy a ready made target man or we train a strategy to use Martial or Rashford in No. 9. Obviously you can't play Rashford in No.9 and expect him to perform like Lukaku. Rashford is made of sticks compared to Lukaku.

2) RW. Nobody in our squad can play there at a decent level. Nobody. Straight from kick off we are unbalanced on the right.

3) LW. Martial and Rashford inconsistent, they need more time. Sanchez playing like he is semi retired.

4) CM. The Paul Pogba conundrum. Can we trust him long term? If we can't, might be wise to think of a replacement. Matic, can he sustain his high level for the next 5 years?

5) LB. Shaw is a waster. Young is getting old. We need to fix that.

6) CB. There is not a consistent player amongst the 5 CBs we have. Not one. They all blow hot and cold. Can we sell all 5 of them and bring in 2 reliable CBs? Not in one summer.

7) RB. Valencia is getting old. There is also no decent backup for this position.

So that's pretty much the entire team we have issues with. I don't think splashing hundreds of millions this summer is going to fix all the problems. I believe we need to start looking at the academy a bit more. But all this needs time and you'll forgive me if I don't sound too enthusiastic for next season.

pauldyson1uk

I can kind of see where the OP is coming from , when Jose arrived , I did not want him here , dont like his defensive style of football and truth be told that opinion has not changed.
2 seasons of his football has been tedious to watch sometime just fecking horrible, yes we have won silverware, but where we should be doing better is the CL and PL , the way we threw away the CL this season was criminal and City being 19 points ahead in the PL is embarrassing for the club the players and the fans, this has to change next season.
I saw Jose in a pre game interview and he was asked about the PL and he said that if City do the same next season, then we cant win it,his team can't get 101 needed , that is not what I want to hear, I wanted him to come out and say yes they get 100 points we will get 101 , not him admitting defeat, OK maybe I am being unrealistic.
The big question is , do we sack him now before he spends more money on his players and we maybe have another season of the piss poor football we have suffered for the past 2 seasons pr do we cut our losses now get a new manager , who that would be I have no idea and have maybe another season or 2 of another manger rebuilding.
Personally I would not sack him and give him next season to get United back to playing the sort of football we all want to see, but he needs to be ruthless and get rid of the underperforming players.
Has it stand now , no I am not looking forward to next season , but after the World Cup I am sure that will change.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
I think some people should let others express themselves and their disappointment however fit they see as long as no forum guidelines are broken. It really is simple, if one doesn't like the tone of a thread, no one is forcing him to read it.
You really don't have to tell me that as posters can say what they want, but I also think when august is here many will be looking forward to the new season.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Well I'm not exactly dreading the new season, but not exactly looking forward to it either.

I dunno, I guess I'm just realistic with what I see. This team has so many issues it won't be fixed over a single summer.

I'm looking forward to 5 years time instead.
Five years is a long time, in fact it's almost Moyes time.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The abuse Jose gets is unreal in here. Ffs yet Simone who plays an even worse style gets lauded.

Adebesi

We struggled against teams that parked the bus and defended deep and compact, that’s usually the small teams but happened to be Chelsea yesterday, they played exactly like the smaller teams we struggle against (not a criticism, it’s very smart from them).

What’s our tactical issue when our entire team is sat in their half but can’t break them down? What should Mou do differently? The issue is that our players don’t have the movement or quality to break teams down, it’s as simple as that. I welcome anyone to suggest what different tactic we can use against a team with 11 players parked right in front of their goal. We don’t have width because we don’t have wingers, even when we play wingers it’s just Martial who runs toward the box and sees 4 players ahead of him and turns to pass or fails to cross. We don’t have the players who make late runs into the box like Delle Alli who can unsettle a defence and get on the end of good passes. We don’t have players who can play quick football in tight spaces, God knows Sanchez tries and Lingard is ok at it but no one else really can do it.

You can blame the recruitment sure, but you can’t say it’s not the players fault. Mourinho can be blamed for a lot of things, game against Sevilla for sure. But when he comes up against a packed defence I just don’t understand what people see that is his fault. When literally our entire team is in their half and everyone apart from our cbs is in their final third, it’s not like Mou is parking the bus. If you think he’s purposely telling them to pass slowly and not make runs that’s stupid, Mou knows how we need to play but we don’t have the players to do it. We don’t have Sane or Sterling, Salah or Firmino. We didn’t even have Lukaku for most of that game who’s like the onlyyyy striker who creates space in our team.
I guess we see things fundamentally differently. For me, in Lukaku, Rashford, Martial, Sanchez, Mata, Lingard and Pogba we have quality. With the right training, selections and - the big one - motivation, these guys have it in them to break through a packed defence.

Sure, we were without Lukaku yesterday. But nobody else has had a sniff of that position all season, how is Rashford expected to slot in there when Lukaku gets injured when he hasnt played there all season? And when Mourinho talks him down after games when he does get thrown in there?

Jacko21

The abuse Jose gets is unreal in here. Ffs yet Simone who plays an even worse style gets lauded.
I find this frustrating.

Some people have long made up their mind about him and some didn't like him before he arrived, so at the moment it is like open season for them. There's no objectivity or reasoned debate, just flat out abuse.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
Meh, I hate watching us as much as anyone, but there needs to be a candidate out there on par or better, who'd attempt to play half decent football.
What are some of their names out of curiosity, if we got our wish and Jose left this summer.. i'd just hate to end up with an Arteta esq appointment.

Andersons Dietician

Was watching a video yesterday after the match. A guy getting interviewed on Full time devils I think it was. He was quite vocal of his opinion on us being rubbish. Then some no neck started shouting at him getting in his face and pointing at him calling him a disgrace and a load of other things. He looked like he wanted to get a hold of him and honestly thought some sort of fight was away to break out between United fans. The presenter stepped in and calmed the dude down but really, guys just stating his thoughts and some douche tries to intimidate him and calling him a Liverpool supporter or whatever it was.
The division amongst the fans I think says a lot about the current situation we find ourselves in. So if that is how it’s going to be from here on out with plausible more incidents like this then no, not looking forward to what is going to happen next season.

Greck

I actually look forward to next year with Jose as our manager. And at the moment he has a contract until 2021. Unless he royally fecks up next season, I don't really see him going anywhere. So buckle up.

And I am hopping Martial and a few deadwood leave soon enough, including Rashford, and Jose gets to spend some real money for some real players.
His contract ends in 2020 with an option to extend for a further year