Woman hit by car at Abbey Road crossing

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck

fecking hell. Either she's a complete moron or it's the most blatant insurance fraud attempt in history.

I'm expecting some Beatles puns lads.

Lynk

Wasn't there a thread dedicated to that webcam?
I remember watching it quite a bit. It nearly happened a few times with people trying to replicate the walk.

Lynk

Dunno what she was thinking legging it across like that but the car driver should have been a lot more observant coming up to a zebra crossing.
Driver's reaction times were poor, but in all honesty, who legs it like that across a zebra crossing without looking? Her running course was wierd too, she veered off the crossing and in front of the car. If she stayed on the line she might've seen or avoided the car.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
Driver's reaction times were poor, but in all honesty, who legs it like that across a zebra crossing without looking? Her running course was wierd too, she veered off the crossing and in front of the car. If she stayed on the line she might've seen or avoided the car.
Not sure how you can say the drivers reaction times were poor doubt the driver even saw her until she was being struck. Remember the drivers POV is different from ours. You also had the other car going the other way blocking that drivers view of the woman as she ran towards the crosswalk. 100% her fault, nothing at all to do with the driver of the car.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
Not sure how you can say the drivers reaction times were poor doubt the driver even saw her until she was being struck. Remember the drivers POV is different from ours. You also had the other car going the other way blocking that drivers view of the woman as she ran towards the crosswalk. 100% her fault, nothing at all to do with the driver of the car.
So you're saying he didn't see her standing there?

Lynk

There's clear something wrong with her. I guess the only you can do is Run For Your Life. Good to see the pedestrians come together and help her. Once she veered off track she was given a one way ticket to ride.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I naturally assumed this would be someone hit whilst doing the "walk"...Amazingly it's someone even more deserving.

JustAFan

I feel for the driver, he/she is going to have to carry that weight a long time. Did no one shout "Get Back" before she ran into the road? She is lucky parts of her did not end up Here, There and Everywhere.

Is it true the first thing she said was "I should have known better"

Ryan's Beard

Probably doesn't have a career as a comedian
All I wanted to do was Drive My Car then I Saw Her Standing There then she sets off running and we Come Together and she goes flying Across the Universe.

Norwegian Wood.

Eriku

Idiot or a terrible attempt at insurance fraud, as others have remarked. Quite curious what on earth caused her to run full pelt across a road like that, though.

Lynk

... She didn't notice that the lights had changed?

Suli

"Do you get parents evening at uni?"
Look at the guy in the pink shirt at the start. He sees her get hit and pushes his children away to hide. :lol: He helped her after but that was so baffling.

JustAFan

Look at the guy in the pink shirt at the start. He sees her get hit and pushes his children away to hide. :lol: He helped her after but that was so baffling.
Not really, he was not sure what extent she was injured and perhaps did not want them to see anything unsettling to them. He might also just have wanted them safely out of the way before he went to help.

Tarrou

He was either worried his kids would walk into the road (and potentially into on-coming traffic) whilst he was helping her, or worried they'd see a bad injury. Probably the former.