Women's Euro 2017 Finals

Grande

This is the first time I've watched women's football. What's with all the mega long-range shots?

England seem a bit stuttery and lacking some quality in the final third since the break.
Have you seen Paul Pogba? ;)

I think it's mostly down to a disciplined and tough Dutch defense, as Kirby and Taylor is working well enough.

But there Farah Williams does a Steven Gerrard, and 2-0!

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Wish our men's team performed this well.

I will prolly go to sjw hell for this, but I still mostly judge female football players by there looks.

ZupZup

She dived... started going down before the contact was made. Silly really as the contact was inevitable and she'd have won the penalty if she waited till the foul before deciding to hit the deck.

Josep Dowling

Their celebrations after beating France, you would of thought they have won the tournament.

Looks as though they have got complacent with the opposition.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Englands coach thought 2 mins wasnt enough. Guess he got his wish with 3..

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Does she know that because she's holding a microphone, she doesn't need to shout?

Grande

Chooooooookerssssss
Hopefully, that's a bit tongue in cheek, as the English team has delivered a very, very good tournament, SF is not failure in any reasonable sense, and going out to a home team that has surprised and impressed me from the start in the best game of the championship IMO, is not my idea of choking.

England did well to push Holland back, but Dekker and co delivered IMO a defensive masterclass, whilst scoring three goals. You simply got to hand it to them.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
Typical England.

There must be something in our genes that makes us bottle major tournaments. Ellen White was horrific tonight, one of the worst performances in an England shirt i have ever seen from any player of any gender.

Gutted.

montpelier

If you compare those two teams though - on the vast amount of evidence of one game of which I saw about 1/2 hour properly, :D.

NED passing the ball between opposition players, on the ground, receiving 'on the half -turn' or with an eye on the next pass, supporting the ball (carrier) in little groups, making angles & taking positions to have the ball, shorter passes in general, keeping possession, fewer but better crosses from better positions...

And England looked a bit tired to me, and a bit headless chicken tbh.

Grande

If you compare those two teams though - on the vast amount of evidence of one game of which I saw about 1/2 hour properly, :D.

NED passing the ball between opposition players, on the ground, receiving 'on the half -turn' or with an eye on the next pass, supporting the ball (carrier) in little groups, making angles & taking positions to have the ball, shorter passes in general, keeping possession, fewer but better crosses from better positions...

And England looked a bit tired to me, and a bit headless chicken tbh.
From previous discussion with you, I would assume you can better appreciate Jackie Groenen's Cruyff-like midfield fiestiness to Jade Moore's, which is more in the David Batty/Billy Bremner-mould ;)

montpelier

From previous discussion with you, I would assume you can better appreciate Jackie Groenen's Cruyff-like midfield fiestiness to Jade Moore's, which is more in the David Batty/Billy Bremner-mould ;)
well...

it's only amateur level footy so the tactics ain't gonna be rocket science, the England mix is too water-carrier based isn't it? not enough of that team can play & there's not much flexibility - ''we'll try & get Bronze forward from FB'' being about it, & he's crowbarred Kirby in the team because he needs her speed, which means Duggan is out, and that doesn't seem quite right.

Doesn't take you long to work out which team is England does it?

Last edited:

AlwaysRed66

Thank god that's ended. Fed up with the likes of the BBC shoving it down our throats all the time. Real football starts next week.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Just got back from the match and I must say women's football attracts a very peculiar type of crowd. Seen and heard plenty of absurd shite tonight :lol:

Nice atmosphere in the stadium though, and a great result too. Miedema has showed over the last two matches she's in the same bracket as Martens imo. Slightly less elegant but clearly always fully aware and in control, and she's got that real poacher's instinct on top off it. Like I said before, no real weak spots in the Dutch team combined with the home advantage makes a very nice team. So many great performances tonight, read something on the previous page about Jackie Groenen, she's pretty awesome indeed.

Danish women were very tough in the group fase, we beat them 1-0 via a penalty, probably going to be a close final.