Woodward (old thread)

Should Studward remain as CE of Manchester United?

• No - he should be sacked also.

Votes: 40 22.6%
  • Yes - he should stay.

Votes: 137 77.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
It was an innocent mistake man, he wouldnt have meant to offend anyone to be honest. I know seeing a photo of that evil twisted bastard brings it all back & thats the hard part. Try to just let it lie... it was just insensitive & no harm or offence was intended is my reckoning :angel:
Yeah, i don't react for myself as the closest i was to what happened was talking to my friend on the phone as he tried to hide, but i suspect there are loads of people with stronger connections to people who was on the island.

Just seems as stupid as making jokes about Munchen or Hillsborough from my point of view, it's just something you shouldn't do.
I'll let it go though since as you say, it's most likely just not well thought through.

Americano

Make America Great Again!
Tbh hes done a fantastic job beside the transfer summer.
Agreed... and he doesn't have to know much about football. That's the manager's job. Once the target is identified, Ed can negotiate and close the deal. Ed know how to close. That's what he does.

Now, if we really have financial power, it's a shame if we are not starting some serious Empire Building right now. Proper yearly deep runs at the CL trophy and dominating Europe should be the goal. There is big prize money and big exposure. If we really are a global club with legions of supporters on every continent and a license to print money let's build on past success and start running this game. And before you say it, Ed can manage debt. He's a banker.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Let's be honest here, he's a dirty wolf that's been wheeling and dealing in Wall Street, making deals in football would look like a piece of cake to him once he's used to it.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Yeah, i don't react for myself as the closest i was to what happened was talking to my friend on the phone as he tried to hide, but i suspect there are loads of people with stronger connections to people who was on the island.

Just seems as stupid as making jokes about Munchen or Hillsborough from my point of view, it's just something you shouldn't do.
I'll let it go though since as you say, it's most likely just not well thought through.
Well he didn't intentionally mean to offend, it's in the same vein people joke about Hitler and other terrible people, it's just perhaps a more sensitive issue as it's in recent times. Insensitive yes, but no malicious intent behind it, obviously.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."

Jesus Christ man - thats horrible. I remember that day all too well. Watched events unfold live on the tv - same as i remember the Omagh Bombing in Northern Ireland on tv. So feckin surreal, like 9/11 too. Been caught up in a few bombings also - wrong place at the wrong time & you never shake that sadness or fear of what happened. I've too many stories of that level of horror, which i dont really want to get into to be honest. Had all the chats to last me a life-time, but i'm better for havin them.

Life has a the ability to make you feel enormous joy & it can also make you feel you're in a living hell. Never bottle up your emotions - whether it be happy or not so happy. Talk about things to anyone who wants to listen, is the best advice i can give.. Its worked wonders for me, but i'll always carry a burden of sadness..

Peace & love to you, your friend & all of your people my friend!

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
Agreed... and he doesn't have to know much about football. That's the manager's job. Once the target is identified, Ed can negotiate and close the deal. Ed know how to close. That's what he does.

Now, if we really have financial power, it's a shame if we are not starting some serious Empire Building right now. Proper yearly deep runs at the CL trophy and dominating Europe should be the goal. There is big prize money and big exposure. If we really are a global club with legions of supporters on every continent and a license to print money let's build on past success and start running this game. And before you say it, Ed can manage debt. He's a banker.
Dead right bro. I seem to be the only one on the Caf that wants to see us spunk £200m+ on players this summer - spunk £500m even. Its not my money, so i dont give a shite... Lets buy the League & the Champions League. We can afford to spend shitloads - Van Gaal wont want to though, so expect a season of going along with what we have - with maybe 2 new players, and scraping it for 4th.

Hope Ed has other ideas & pushes through our targets regardless of Van Gaal. United are bigger than any one person, so a new manager has to get onboard with what we want & what we think is necessary. Van Gaal wont have a feckin clue what we need - we do!

If Real win the Champions League, maybe Ronnie might think its mission accomplished there & come back to us - so thats £100m+. The money's there's - feckin spend it like its goin out of fashion is my opinion!

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Well he didn't intentionally mean to offend, it's in the same vein people joke about Hitler and other terrible people, it's just perhaps a more sensitive issue as it's in recent times. Insensitive yes, but no malicious intent behind it, obviously.
That's true, Hectic.
Personally i don't like Hitler jokes either, i think it's disrespectful over those who died in ww2, but i can understand that people joke about past events.
This just struck a little too close to home at a bit too early a time i think. I was just thinking what my friend (who is a United fan)would've thought about that joke as he still carry the event in his daily life.

@Red Hand Devil
I'm sorry to hear that you've been in similar circumstances. It's just sad really.
Anyway, wish you the best, i won't derail this thread further.:p

Americano

Make America Great Again!
Dead right bro.
Y'all Brits handle the soccer end of it, the Yanks will handle the money.

In all seriousness, looking back on the 2008 winners, we left some CL trophies on the table. Even subtracting Ronaldo, that team had a strong foundation for sustained success that didn't quite come to fruition on the biggest stage. We should set a target of 3 CL titles in the next decade (let's make that 11 years). Get rid of everything and everyone that is holding us back from that, and start building with intelligence (and a bit of money). All we hear is that we have such spectacular turnover and brand appeal. For all that we are lacking long-term planning in the squad and face an uncertain future.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
That's true, Hectic.
Personally i don't like Hitler jokes either, i think it's disrespectful over those who died in ww2, but i can understand that people joke about past events.
This just struck a little too close to home at a bit too early a time i think. I was just thinking what my friend (who is a United fan)would've thought about that joke as he still carry the event in his daily life.

@Red Hand Devil
I'm sorry to hear that you've been in similar circumstances. It's just sad really.
Anyway, wish you the best, i won't derail this thread further.:p
You're a good lad.

Try not to dwell too much on jokes that offend you, because much of the time the people who say those jokes are actually pokin fun at society's attitude towards the subject matter - racism, fascism & homophobia being the most quietly spoken themes..

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
You're a good lad.

Try not to dwell too much on jokes that offend you, because much of the time the people who say those jokes are actually pokin fun at society's attitude towards the subject matter - racism, fascism & homophobia being the most quietly spoken themes..
I don't dwell for long, but i most definitely point it out when i dislike things. It's just how I'm rigged.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
That's true, Hectic.
More than understandable MRE, it's such a recent horrific tragedy. Just wanted to re-assure it was an unfortunate joke without any bad intentions. It's easy for us to dissociate when it hasn't effected us or people we know personally, which must obviously be incredibly annoying for those who it has.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
Y'all Brits handle the soccer end of it, the Yanks will handle the money.

In all seriousness, looking back on the 2008 winners, we left some CL trophies on the table. Even subtracting Ronaldo, that team had a strong foundation for sustained success that didn't quite come to fruition on the biggest stage. We should set a target of 3 CL titles in the next decade (let's make that 11 years). Get rid of everything and everyone that is holding us back from that, and start building with intelligence (and a bit of money). All we hear is that we have such spectacular turnover and brand appeal. For all that we are lacking long-term planning in the squad and face an uncertain future.
Sounds like WWII all over again :lol: I'm Irish by the way - you Canadian prick :smirk:

Ed says we'll rake in over £420m at the end of the final quarter, so we're gonna spend "unprecedented levels" like never before.

Folk say, if we buy too many players at once - they wont gel right away. If we buy shitload of players in the summer, we can atleast have them there to gel & after a season - we'd be flyin again. Goin through next season without a shedload of new players in, is more of a massive risk.

2 seasons in a row without Champions League football would be a disaster & would show we havent learned our lesson from last Summer either. Top players wouldnt wanna know & neither would our corporate sponsors that dont have worldwide exposure through the Champions League with us.

Its gotta be a shopping spree or risk sliding even further, because i dont trust the current squad for next season - after one great 2nd half against a bottom 3 club..

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
It's too late for my stupid brain.
You did the right thing man. I didnt put a wink or any of that shit on it, so its a my bad scenario..

It is late though. Had planned to watch a couple of flicks earlier "Tokarev" & "Abducted" (similar themes - kidnapping of kids & Fathers going all badass gettin them back), but the Caf is so feckin addictive - especially at this moment in time...

Hectic

Supports
30fps
I was meant to be asleep an hour ago, but yeah so many interesting threads about these days. I got Tokarev earlier for a guilty-cage-pleasure-watch tomorrow, I'll check out Abducted too.

Fergie's Man

Suffers Snails fetish
Did you really need to put a picture of the bastard here, really?
I mean seriously, are you thick or just insensitive?
The photo was placed to make a comparison. Placing his photo on a football forum does not in any way promote him or lessen the impact of his actions.

I am neither thick nor insensitive, but thanks for asking. If you knew anything about me, you wouldn't have posted in the manner that you did.

Rezyuz

exactly. He took charge when needed on Moyes, got a phenomenal signing in and is according to rumours trying to sign van Gaal. hes done very good in my book.

He just looks like a bellend during the matches but other then that its fine lol

Kag

For better or worse, I think this guy's influence at the club is absolutely huge right now.

Steven Seagull

I hope he didn't actually tell Rio he was done in front of everyone on Sunday. I know he's acted a bit of a tit this season but he deserved a proper send off. Unless we've agreed to sign another CB recently and just decided we can let him go.

RonaldoVII

I hope he didn't actually tell Rio he was done in front of everyone on Sunday. I know he's acted a bit of a tit this season but he deserved a proper send off. Unless we've agreed to sign another CB recently and just decided we can let him go.
Where is that coming from, has Rio said that?

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If it's true then it's not very classy from him and not the way this club should handle players who gave so much for us.

Phil

It's scary how much our club's future is in this guy's hands. Hope he gets it right.

OneUnited24

It's scary how much our club's future is in this guy's hands. Hope he gets it right.
How so? If he's in charge of identifying players and bringing them in our problems run deeper than I thought!

Truedevil

I like him tbf. He is a clever bastard and will land us the players the manager wants.

Utd7

I'll reserve my judgement until after this window. If he delivers the players we need with the alleged 200 million pound transfer kitty then great. Although in fairness to him, he did deliver Juan Mata in January and that was a magnificent signing of a truly world class player.

ManUtd43vr

There is no way he is acting on his own. He surely has backing and I don't think he is stupid enough to take football decisions without consulting people who understand football. I think he consults Fergie, our new manager, our chief scout. I like it that we won't be dithering in anything we do this season.

Gannicus

I'm in no position to judge Eddie Woody. He was stuck with an incompetent manager who everyone knew had a massive erection for Fellaini and so he shoveled 27.5m into the furnace. Should Woody have stopped that purchase? Of course not.

The fiasco of the imposters showing up somewhere at a tapas bar in Spain still needs to be accounted for.

Status
Not open for further replies.