g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

World Cup Betting Thread

Ady87

I've lost some serious cash this month so I'm starting using a different strategy to build a bank roll.

Today

France
Argentina
BTTS in Switzerland v Ecuador

£10 returns £35.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I've lost some serious cash this month so I'm starting using a different strategy to build a bank roll.

Today

France
Argentina

£10 returns £35.
Pretty decent bet that. Not massive gains but it should be effective.

fen4e

I don't like any of the bet on the French win only because the odds are too small, so no value for me. Especially playing against a South American side such as Honduras.

Anyone familiar with who is taking the penalties for the French team?

Berbaclass

I don't like any of the bet on the French win only because the odds are too small, so no value for me. Especially playing against a South American side such as Honduras.

Anyone familiar with who is taking the penalties for the French team?
You can always just bet on there being a France penalty

Which is 4.3 on Betfair

Jambo037

Went over 10.5 corners on the Switzerland game and there's been 9 already. Can't believe my luck here!

CrashDavis

Not feeling it at all today after Uruguay ballsing it all up for me yesterday. Maybe mickey mouse bets on correct score doubles with France and Argentina.

Berbaclass

Had a £5 of:

Over 1.5 Goals in Swi-Ecu @ 1.47
Over 3.5 Goals in Fra-Hon @ 3.5

Decided to cash out after watching the first half. Took £1.50 profit, which I thought was generous as the first leg would have only won me under £2.50.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups

Today

France
Argentina

£10 returns £35.
Same as me however I've got over 2.5 goals as well in France/Argentina games. Fingers crossed.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
My bookie continues to offer this, so, we're gonna take it again for Switzerland - Ecuador match @ 2.00. bet365 has it offered too.

Usually that's just one long(ish) foul. Six subs gets you three added minutes, goal or two, and won't even need a foul.
3 minutes.

Oh, do feck off ref, spent more than 5 minutes on no play after fouls, and only three minutes?

Berbaclass

Swiss cnuts :lol:

I'd have broken even today if it ended a draw.

Two bets remaining now, £9 down for the day as it stands.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Gone for France-1 and the argie bargies at 2.36
Being relatively new to this serious gambling milarky, I have a couple of questions.

What does it mean when you write "France-1"

Do most people just "go with their gut"?

It's well known that humans are terrible are working out large numbers. Ask someone if the odds of an event should be 8/1 or 9/1 or 10/1 and most people wouldn't really have a strong opinion.

Ady87

Being relatively new to this serious gambling milarky, I have a couple of questions.

What does it mean when you write "France-1"

Do most people just "go with their gut"?

It's well known that humans are terrible are working out large numbers. Ask someone if the odds of an event should be 8/1 or 9/1 or 10/1 and most people wouldn't really have a strong opinion.
France or any selection -1 would mean they start with a 1 goal handicap. In this instance the match would effectively start France 0 - 1 Honduras.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Undecided whether I'll go for match winner, but for some reason I'm going towards Switzerland.
Arrived back home 10 seconds after the Switzerland equaliser, looked at the stats and plumped some on the Swiss to win in the end. Celebrated like a Swiss when they scored late on :D

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
To win something, France has to win with at least two goal advantage. If it wins with just one, it's a void bet, and if it draws or losses, it's a loss.
I never knew it meant a void bet. What does that mean?

thisISben

I never knew it meant a void bet. What does that mean?
It's only a void bet (get your money back) if it's an asain handicap, I think.

A normal France -1 would result in a loss if they don't win by at least 2.

Asain handicaps would look like -1.5 etc. If France win by one you'll get half of your stake back. I'm not 100% myself, I never do them.

Jambo037

Switzerland just saved my flippin arse there. Had them to win and o2.5. Sweating like a beaver.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé

Asain handicaps would look like -1.5 etc. If France win by one you'll get half of your stake back. I'm not 100% myself, I never do them.
It's easy to see what handicap is, if there's two way selection, void is in play, if three, it's not.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line

That's only on asian handicaps. Standard handicaps can't be draws as they have the draw as an option.
Thanks guys.

On a other note, I fancy Griezman to score tonight, was tempted on first goalscorer but backed him on anytime.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
France's record in their opening games post-50s is pretty poor - W2 D3 L3

Could be worth going for Draw or Honduras at 3/1

Ady87

The French have conceded 1 in their last 5 beating Holland and Ukraine to nil and scoring 8 past Jamaica a week or two ago. I think they are going to be to strong here.

1-1 incoming. :lol: