World Cup Betting Thread

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Me too. Then I cashed out $95, have a certain $105 win on -1 bet and I stuck all of my cash out on Chile -3 at 2.8. I could potentially win $250 on this game. Come on Chile.
Big cock up on my part. Should have cashed out and stopped at that, Chile had no incentive to go at them to this extent plus Cahill's goal basically buried my bet.

I still have $99 on my account from $42 that I had deposited yesterday which is a great return but I'm not going to make similar mistakes again.

I think I'll lay Greece tomorrow and then put money on Uruguay -1.

DanCity

Sanchez first & 3-1 @ 40/1
Another decent night.

Seems to be a lot of people bashing the bookies again today.

£200 up so far from last nights game and todays 3 games.

iBoss

i-ttack the space
Illuminati headquarters, chillin' with Jay Z.
Only real upset has been the Spain game. That one was the one to stay away from because of the poor odds for Spain and the fact that the draw was a real danger.

Stuck £22 on Belgium to top the group.
Uruguay looks like a good one tomorrow. I was thinking about Columbia as well.

Jambo037

Did well off Chile & over 2.5 combined. Got on first half goals over 0.5 and then over 3.5 goals had me sweating at the end.

Colombia v Greece a hard one to call but think Colombia should get the win with the quality of strikers and James Rodriguez.
Colombia win @ 1.93
T Gutierrez anytime @ 3.5

Looks like everyone is gonna lump on Uruguay tonight but last night on Bbc they said no Suarez tonight although Costa Rica tend to play 5 at the back relying on Joel Campbell's pace upfront if they get a break so maybe the corners market one to look at as Costa Rica just pack the box and let Uruguay come at them.
Uruguay @ 1.47
Over 10.5 corners @ 2.16
Half with most goals 2nd @ 2.24

All my pure shoddy guesswork of course. Don't blame me if you can't pay your rent after betting on these.

xeebok

ive taken colombia -1 and Uruguay -1. dont know what the odds are as fractions but I get $8 for every $1 so I guess 9/1

Last edited:

Cantonarightboot

quick stupid question for the gambling folk on here:

I put a 4 team bet on, but must of clicked trebles by accident. Basically I bet €5 / €20 stake on

Bra v Cro - Draw
Mexico, Chile & Switz for the win

If Switz win, does that mean I get a portion of the winnings?

Sorry, bit useless with the trickier side of gambling...

dannymc1309

quick stupid question for the gambling folk on here:

I put a 4 team bet on, but must of clicked trebles by accident. Basically I bet €5 / €20 stake on

Bra v Cro - Draw
Mexico, Chile & Switz for the win

If Switz win, does that mean I get a portion of the winnings?

Sorry, bit useless with the trickier side of gambling...
You have effectively placed 4 £5 trebles:
Bra v Cro draw is included in 3 of them which means only a treble of the other 3 selections is still open, so you are correct that if Switz win you will have some winnings. It will be £5 x the odds of Mexico/Chile/Switz winning.

Cantonarightboot

You have effectively placed 4 £5 trebles:
Bra v Cro draw is included in 3 of them which means only a treble of the other 3 selections is still open, so you are correct that if Switz win you will have some winnings. It will be £5 x the odds of Mexico/Chile/Switz winning.

Yep, thought as much :)

Won't be huge return but least its something!

gaz1185

Don't really fancy anything in the England match tonight, have no idea who will w/l/d, but I do fancy anything over 5 bookings. A lot of hot heads in tonight's match, a big battle in midfield and the ref (Bjorn Kuipers) likes to be flush with showing cards, he gave 12 out in the champions league final.

Jammydodger7

Its been a decent start to the WC for most it seems, all my bets are long term but have started well, waiting on Columbia and France for a nice Accum, Had Chile -1 last night so was lucky with that, Still can't believe Paddypower were offering 13/10 for that!!

I don't usually do 1st goalscorer or correct score but seeing as Paddypower have a money back special if Italy win then I might a sneaky little bet on it! Maybe 1-1 draw.

Looking further ahead in the week I've noticed Russia are 13/10 to beat S. Korea, they look like great odds to me!

cyberman

In running is my new thing these days.
Like Mexico last night. They were all over Cameroon, the Africans didn't show an ounce of cohesion or any thought as to how to combat the Mexican threat.
Yet after 20 mins mexico were still 10/11 to win.
Stuck 400 on it and even tho got a bit of a sweat, was the definition of buying money

Edit: tonight im going for Rooney to score 2 or more at 18/1.
Italy are in such a poor run of form

simons104

Having a nice bet on Pirlo for the MOTM award. He's been the focal point of all the pre-match buildup for this one, expect the pundits to be creaming themselves over him if Italy win or draw, thus influencing voters choice. 13/2 with Unibet is huge

Cantonarightboot

Would be the first draw in the tournament, right?
I hate betting on draws.
Sure would :)

Indication of a great tournament so far, I've a feeling though today it'll have a couple of draw

Treble:

Uraguay & Colombia for the win
Eng / Ita & IC - Draw

If you add in IC / Jap for the draw a tenner is €260 return! Not fully convinced on draw with them though.

€10 returns €82 on PP.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Rooney to score first and Italy to win 2-1 @ 80/1
BTS - Colombia-Greece & Uruguay HT/FT @ 5/1
Colombia win & Uruguay win + Under 2.5 goals @ 4/1
Van Persie top goalscorer @ 7/1

Duffy

Who needs races when you're racist?
Half tempted to stick a tenner on all 8 teams to score today at 22/1

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Just put two trebles on

Got Italy and Uruguay to both win and the draw in Colombia-Greece

Got Belgium to beat Algeria, BTTS Argentina-Bosnia and Over 2.5 goals in Japan-Ivory Coast in a treble (tempted to stick a load on Japan, think they could comfortably win this one)

coolredwine

lameredboots
Tempted to put one on Colombia and Uruguay to win. Wondering how much of an effect Suarez missing out would have on Uruguay.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Under 2.5 goals in Spain game and Chile -1. Won £120 last night so going to put that on the double. Betvictor enhanced a treble of the three favourites to 7/1 today so got on that.
Wound up not putting on the Spain part as it was only 8/15 when I expected over evens. However I cashed out for £100 during the Chile match so back to £100. Columbia at evens and BTTS in Japan.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Cashed out like a pussy. Been fecked over too many times.

Chile couldn't even pass the ball properly at times.
It was shocking. I put money on them getting out the their group

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Neymar more goals than Sturridge / Rvp more goals than Rooney @2.2

Shame I missed out on this one! Great bet. I went on Marathonbet to check what else there was and I found a couple of bets in that market that seem like a no-brainer - Ronaldo to score more than Jo @ 2/5 and Cavani to score more than Jo at 1/2. Not exactly huge odds but Jo has managed just 5 goals in his international career so the Ronald bet seems a cert.

Last edited:

Cantonarightboot

Struggling to find some value today, mulling over some anytime scorers

Sturridge & Kagawa Anytime with 1-1 for the England game isn't too bad... €10 for €200!

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
What I meant was, no need to combine them, rather have couple of singles. Yeah, you'd get to 200 much slower, but chances of some winning are much higher.

EDIT:

Also, I think your bookie is giving you piss poor odds, those three selections at my bookie combined is @ 100 (Sturridge 3.70, Kagawa 5.00, 1:1 5.65)

Last edited:

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Have £5 on Uruguay, Colombia and England all to win @ 13. Would have put more on (with the intention of laying England if the first two win) but it was an enhanced special with a low max bet of £5.

maba723

likes bananas a bit too much
0-0 @ 7 in the England-Italy game is good value

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
BetVictor currently 5/1 for the ref to use the white spray in the first 15 minutes of the England match. I'm tempted.