World Cup Betting Thread

Jambo037

When do you lot normally withdraw and how much?

I've got about 20x my original stake in my account now and have already withdrawn what I put in so technically I'm playing for 'free' but I don't want to end up not having anything to show for it so just wondering does any have a certain plan like withdrawing a certain amount of each win or for every 100 won withdraw 20. Or do people just wait till it all comes crashing down and wonder what might have been?

Seb22

Stuck £60 on France at 10/11 as soon as I landed and saw Italy lost. Best decision. Have France at 30/1 to win the whole thing. 1/4's against Germany will be a brilliant game. 2 best teams to watch so far.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Stuck £60 on France at 10/11 as soon as I landed and saw Italy lost. Best decision. Have France at 30/1 to win the whole thing. 1/4's against Germany will be a brilliant game. 2 best teams to watch so far.
The two teams I have a money on to win outright :lol: Whoever wins it's all on them to do the deed for me.

Jacob

Anybody wanna help me out with an accumulator (max 2 bets) with odds in the region of 2-3?

I'm intending to bet £100, it's all or nothing for me having made too many losses on Japan and Italy.

Germany + Argentina only yields 1.5 ish. Not overly confident about Bosnia.

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
Anybody wanna help me out with an accumulator (max 2 bets) with odds in the region of 2-3?

I'm intending to bet £100, it's all or nothing for me having made too many losses on Japan and Italy.

Go for Argentina/Iran over 3.5 and Germany win HT/FT

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I'll be on BTTS in the Germany-Ghana game today I feel. Maybe Germany to win and BTTS just because the odds are a lot kinder.

zing

Zingle balls
what odds on Argentina making the final? That side of the dull is shaping up to be really easy. Particularly if Italy finished below Costa Rica.

|Neo|x

what odds on Argentina making the final? That side of the dull is shaping up to be really easy. Particularly if Italy finished below Costa Rica.
The bookies obviously recognized that too and have made Argentina favorite to reach the final at 13/8 with Bet 365.

DannyDash

If your on 365 then back Germany and Argentina on -1 Asian handicap. Itl increase the odds and if they win by just 1 then its void.
Ideal for big stake

Jacob

If your on 365 then back Germany and Argentina on -1 Asian handicap. Itl increase the odds and if they win by just 1 then its void.
Ideal for big stake
Good advice, that still leaves me short of 2.0 in odds though, it gives me 1.70.

Jacob

I'm thinking Argies to win both halves at 1.60 but normally the first halves have been dull so far this WC.

Ady87

Germany to score both halves 4/5
Germany win 1st half 13/20
Germany over 2.5 goals 23/20
Ghana to score second half - NO 1/2

Few I like the look of. Got no bank roll for the game just my existing open bets which should roll in.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
HT/FT Germany and Argentina to win is ~ 2.3

I'll be putting a small bet on Argentina/Aguero anytime wincast and leaving it there, can't see much else worth going for in that game.

Big Cheez

I'm thinking Argies to win both halves at 1.60 but normally the first halves have been dull so far this WC.
I think those are the odds for Argentina to score in both halves, not to win them? Argentina to win both halves is evens on paddypower.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Noticed a few of Germany's second round matches in past tournaments have been a simple 1-0. May just cover that.

Jacob

I think those are the odds for Argentina to score in both halves, not to win them? Argentina to win both halves is evens on paddypower.
Sorry, my bad.. I meant score in both halves. Oh well, we'll see how it goes, the closer I get to kick-off the less I care of how thought out the bet is.

DannyDash

Asian hcp -1.5 @ 2.10
Hcp -1 @ 1.95

What's the difference?!
-1.5 is to win by 2 goals I think, if its 1 you lose have your stake and half is void im sure.
Argentina -1 and Germany -1 asian handicap pays around 2.2 I think, the first half may be edgy and I see Argentina exploiting it big time 2nd half when Iran are knackered

Zen

I got -1, -3, -1 on them same teams. Not even seeing it as that big of a risk really. Fiver at 25/1, happy to risk that.

thepolice123

Asian hcp -1.5 @ 2.10
Hcp -1 @ 1.95

What's the difference?!
-1.5 means that if the winning margin is less than 2 goals, you're fecked.
-1 is 2 goals or more you take home the cash. A goal and you get the refund.

thepolice123

Germany's odds are surprisingly higher than Argentina's. Something fishy is going on here.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
-1.5 means that if the winning margin is less than 2 goals, you're fecked.
-1 is 2 goals or more you take home the cash. A goal and you get the refund.
You've got it the wrong way round. You don't get refunds on standard handicaps, as they cover the draw.

Jacob

It's done!

Germany -1.5 Asian hcp @ 2.05
Argentina -2 Asian hcp @ 1.90

Odds: 3.89
Bet: £100

So in theory, a (1/2.05)*(1/1.90) = 26% probability of happening according to Bet365.

I've already set my mind to the following:

Germany 1-0 Ghana
Argentina 2-0 Iran

Last edited:

thepolice123

You've got it the wrong way round. You don't get refunds on standard handicaps, as they cover the draw.
He's talking about Asian Handicaps. -1.00 means that you need the team to score a minimum of 2 goals in order to win. If they win by one goal, you get the refund.

Classy

Argentina -2 v Iran
Bosnia to win
Germany to be winning at HT either 1-0 or 2-0

Pays just above 8/1 and seems like a decent bet. Germany start well though I am concerned about their second round matches as others have mentioned. Argentina should blaze past Iran and Bosnia look great value at almost even money with most bookmakers.

I know they're risky and silly bets but does anyone stick a couple of quid on scorecasts?
I've never had any success with them but have had two come in so far this tournament at 60/1 and 40/1. The first goalscorers in this tournament so far seem quite predictable.

Brwned

Heard the commentary say today that Italy haven't won their first two games of a WC in yonks, and that reflected today.

So definitely something to consider for the German game yes - with that being said, it's very hard to look past this German squad.
The French haven't done so well in the 2nd game of their groups either so I think we can throw that logic out the window! Ghana are better suited to playing against a top side though and Germany won't be able to play the same counter-attacking style against them so it probably won't be as easy as it looks.

When do you lot normally withdraw and how much?

I've got about 20x my original stake in my account now and have already withdrawn what I put in so technically I'm playing for 'free' but I don't want to end up not having anything to show for it so just wondering does any have a certain plan like withdrawing a certain amount of each win or for every 100 won withdraw 20. Or do people just wait till it all comes crashing down and wonder what might have been?
I tend to follow the rule that if I'm on £100+ and can't see anything obvious I leave in £50 and withdraw the rest, of if I'm on £150+ I leave in £50-75. I was on £450 after the England game and took out £330 straight away because otherwise I'll be sticking £50 bets on multiple markets on the next game without much thought.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
The French haven't done so well in the 2nd game of their groups either so I think we can throw that logic out the window! Ghana are better suited to playing against a top side though and Germany won't be able to play the same counter-attacking style against them so it probably won't be as easy as it looks.
Germany do have the luxury of being able to play patient players who will be very content to keep possession and wait. I don't think Ghana have enough about them to seriously trouble Germany.

Germany to score both halves at a tick under evens is good value.

Brwned

Germany do have the luxury of being able to play patient players who will be very content to keep possession and wait. I don't think Ghana have enough about them to seriously trouble Germany.

Germany to score both halves at a tick under evens is good value.
To score in both halves sounds like the best bet and the HT/FT should be alright but I'd be wary of the handicaps myself. Could definitely see Ghana grabbing a goal and making it 2-1 or 3-1.