World Cup Qualifiers | October 2017 | Play off draw on Tuesday

diarm

No spelling mistakes, masses of detail, lengthy post.... I couldn't type that sober.
I'm fairly impressed with myself to be honest! I barely remember typing it but i got all the detail from this website after a friend sent me a link on my way home last night!

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Argentina should have sealed qualification ages ago.

It's their own fault that it has come to this.
Indeed. They also have a friendly arranged with Russia to unveil the reformed Luzhniki stadium... bang in between the two playoff dates (@Stack)

Either they didn't plan for playoffs or they wanted to make sure they did go to Russia at some point.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Indeed. They also have a friendly arranged with Russia to unveil the reformed Luzhniki stadium... bang in between the two playoff dates (@Stack)

Either they didn't plan for playoffs or they wanted to make sure they did go to Russia at some point.
John Terry the honorary guest?

LeftyBlaster

No wonder that Australia are struggling to qualify. Based off that display, they were shockingly one dimensional. Lost count of the number of crosses they put it, and seemed incapable of playing any other way than banging crosses to Timmy. Moyes would have been proud.

el3mel

Good news. Thanks.

Edit: Hopefully because they don't need full strength team, not because he's injured.
He has been declared fit by Martinez earlier, so he's just being rested. KDB is also not starting.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
Watching Ödegaard against Germanys U21 is really a joy. This guy is really special.

Blackwidow

FRANCE
BELARUS
10/10/2017 - 20:45
  • 1Hugo Lloris (GK)(C)
  • 4Raphaël Varane
  • 5Samuel Umtiti
  • 6Corentin Tolisso
  • 7Antoine Griezmann
  • 8Thomas Lemar
  • 9Olivier Giroud
  • 11Kingsley Coman
  • 14Blaise Matuidi
  • 17Lucas Digne
  • 19Djibril Sidibé

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Blind's change of position
Looks like he’s starting in midfield.

Could be one to watch if you’re incredibly bored.

View image on Twitter

Follow
OnsOranje

✔@OnsOranje

Dit is de opstelling van Oranje tegen Zweden: http://onsoran.je/opstelling1010 #NEDZWE

6:41 PM - Oct 10, 2017
Interesting. Might give that a cheeky watch.

As for Netherlands side...what happened to them? Looks like a start-up FiFA Ultimate Team with their star loan player being Robben. Not a scary back line tbh.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Interesting. Might give that a cheeky watch.

As for Netherlands side...what happened to them? Looks like a start-up FiFA Ultimate Team with their star loan player being Robben. Not a scary back line tbh.
Think they are in a serious rut. Their system has not changed for years and they just seem to be a league for other leagues to loan their kids to.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Portugal XI: Patricio, Cedric, Pepe, Fonte, Eliseu (:mad:), William, Moutinho, J.Mário, Bernardo Silva, Cristiano, André Silva

Switzerland XI: Sommer, Lichtsteiner, Schar, Djorou, Ricardo Rodriguez, Xhaka, Dzemaili, Freuler, Mehmedi, Shaqiri, Seferovic

Paul_Scholes18

Blind's change of position
Looks like he’s starting in midfield.

Could be one to watch if you’re incredibly bored.

View image on Twitter

Follow
OnsOranje

✔@OnsOranje

Dit is de opstelling van Oranje tegen Zweden: http://onsoran.je/opstelling1010 #NEDZWE

6:41 PM - Oct 10, 2017

Interesting although don't see how that lineup should be able to challenge us. Not fearing much from that team. I guess Robben can still do great thing on his day so he is really the only one I can see doing something.

Could have played with Depay. He can be quality 1/5 games so worthy to gamble with in these types of games. Glad he don't start though.

Blind in midfield will hardly dominate either and passing the ball around well will not get them to win with 7-0. They need attacking penetration both centrally and from the wings and need to play with intensity and high pressure I think. If not we will absorb most attacks and hit them on the break while also killing time with the ball quite easily.

NYAS

Portugal XI: Patricio, Cedric, Pepe, Fonte, Eliseu (:mad:), William, Moutinho, J.Mário, Bernardo Silva, Cristiano, André Silva

Switzerland XI: Sommer, Lichtsteiner, Schar, Djorou, Ricardo Rodriguez, Xhaka, Dzemaili, Freuler, Mehmedi, Shaqiri, Seferovic
Yeah I'm surprised to see Benny start such a crucial game after being overlooked by Santos for most of his career so far.

Can't say that team isn't balanced though. Could probably do with a tiny bit more pace in there but it looks fine. I wouldn't have started Eliseu if I knew my front three was going to have zero wingers in it.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Yeah I'm surprised to see Benny start such a crucial game after being overlooked by Santos for most of his career so far.

Can't say that team isn't balanced though. Could probably do with a tiny bit more pace in there but it looks fine. I wouldn't have started Eliseu if I knew my front three was going to have zero wingers in it.
Benny?

I´m ok with that eleven bar Eliseu. It's understandable nevertheless since Antunes rarely played for Portugal in the last years, so he has no routine with this team. Quaresma and Gelson are good options to use in the second half and Danilo can provide more strenght to the midfield if needed. We have one home defeat in the last 24 years. I hope we mantain the record and achieve victory.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
It still amazes me that Tolisso starts ahead of Rabiot. He is such an average player IMHO. A fighter for sure but not such a good footballer. Rabiot is already a much better player.

NYAS

Benny?

I´m ok with that eleven bar Eliseu. It's understandable nevertheless since Antunes rarely played for Portugal in the last years, so he has no routine with this team. Quaresma and Gelson are good options to use in the second half and Danilo can provide more strenght to the midfield if needed. We have one home defeat in the last 24 years. I hope we mantain the record and achieve victory.
Benny Silva :p

You think Bruma might start sneaking on to the bench soon in the coming squads? Depends on his Leipzig form of course but I think he has improved this calendar year.

NYAS

It still amazes me that Tolisso starts ahead of Rabiot. He is such an average player IMHO. A fighter for sure but not such a good footballer. Rabiot is already a much better player.
Poor man's Vidal. Tolisso and Matuidi is a really average midfield. They're just the same player basically. Lemar provides all the balance in that line-up.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Benny Silva :p

You think Bruma might start sneaking on to the bench soon in the coming squads? Depends on his Leipzig form of course but I think he has improved this calendar year.
He has to be more consistent but i think he will have more chances when players like Quaresma and Nani retire. He has to be a starter for Leipzig like he was at Galatasaray. I had big hope about him but i haven't been impressed with his career since he left Sporting bar his last year at Gala.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP

It's a perfect lineup really. Just needed Guerreiro instead of Eliseu. Hopefully him, Cedric and Fonte can stay solid defensively.

I'm way too nervous for this...

NYAS

He has to be more consistent but i think he will have more chances when players like Quaresma and Nani retire. He has to be a starter for Leipzig like he was at Galatasaray. I had big hope about him but i haven't been impressed with his career since he left Sporting bar his last year at Gala.
Showed some glimpses of his past performances during the summer at the U-21 Euros. Hope he can make it.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Christ don't tell me those crappy mock ups of the next portuguese kit are real. With that display before the match, it might be.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Oh crap, it's that shitty turk ref that screwed Sporting and United :nervous: