Worse than Mourinho football?

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Do you think I don’t want to watch nice football? I just know that when your going through a tough spell and the squad is down to bare bones you just focus on the result and get it anyway. Patience is needed for the pretty stuff.
I admire your stance. I really do but if things keep going the way they're going how long before you lose patience with Ole? I can't see us signing anyone to get us out of this mess in January so I can't really see much improvement on the horizon. If we finish bottom half would you trust Ole to spend £200m+ and get us fighting for titles again? And if so why?

fezzerUTD

Footballs been shite for years in Europe. But yeh its hard to not say it isn't worse than Jose.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
I lost count of how many games I slept during LvG time. It's ain't that bad now
I'm not surprised, I couldn't even sleep to that nonsense right now. At least we could pass the ball about under LvG.

Starkie_1

Affluent and Likeminded
So anyone not being completely blind to the bullshit served to us is not a true supporter? I support the club and want it to succeed like most do. Not the manager. Especially not when it's so obvious that he isn't good enough
I do agree with a lot of you that it’s not been good enough recently but then there are so many factors for that and we’ve had 6 years of wishing new managers in, new styles, big signings. We’ve won a few trophies along the way and had some cracking moments, much like 99% of clubs in the world.

Where I disagree is with those fans calling the players and manager ‘gutless and pathetic’ or letting their personal vendettas rule their brains. I’m more than likely going to be proven wrong and Ole won’t take us where we want to go. But why not try and enjoy it and see positives along the way?

fergies coat

Do really enjoy the ‘top red’ insult these days. As soon as anyone mentions supporting the club and going to a game. Didn’t know that wasn’t allowed
We are 14th in the league. He has a worse record than any manager after Fergie, and people have this blind faith in Ole that he can rebuild our team, if he wasn’t a club legend everybody would want him gone.

edgar allan

Its Partizan not Real. We had shot on goal btw.

Ps these are the kids Ole keeps rambling about
And the kids played better than the players he inherited.
There were plenty of shite away group games under fergie and jose

Godfather

Do really enjoy the ‘top red’ insult these days. As soon as anyone mentions supporting the club and going to a game. Didn’t know that wasn’t allowed
It's just said you have to point that out all the time. I'm a club member for a decade now and the times I went to watch live have now cost me more than you've probably spent on United. Not that it matters.

Starkie_1

Affluent and Likeminded
We are 14th in the league. He has a worse record than any manager after Fergie, and people have this blind faith in Ole that he can rebuild our team, if he wasn’t a club legend everybody would want him gone.
Its 9 games in and despite what you’ll say, we should have more points with the early performances. Wolves & Palace particularly. 5 points off Arsenal with so many games coming thick and fast, it’s a nothing gap in October.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
And the kids played better than the players he inherited.
There were plenty of shite away group games under fergie and jose
The problem is that shit is becoming a regular thing with Ole. Fans at Cardiff probably saw that at their club as well. There's no shame in not being EPL level. Most managers fall in that category

Josep Dowling

The complete night and day opinions of people on here and social media compared to people who go to games or surround themselves with friends/family that do is ridiculous. Never ever seen such a difference in opinion. Says it all really
Not sure the opinion of match going fans has much more value to be honest. Fergie’s ‘stand by your manager’ speech has blinded most of them into singing the managers name even when all the evidence shows we aren’t progressing.

What was Moyes again, the Chosen One?

The Old Trafford crowd cheered Mourinho to the end even when most behind closed doors wanted him gone.

fergiesarmy1

I admire your stance. I really do but if things keep going the way they're going how long before you lose patience with Ole? I can't see us signing anyone to get us out of this mess in January so I can't really see much improvement on the horizon. If we finish bottom half would you trust Ole to spend £200m+ and get us fighting for titles again? And if so why?
If we did finish bottom half no, but I think we will be top half pretty soon. Trust him with spending that type of money? Absolutely and here is why.

He is doing what is needed for the club. Unlike the last 3 clowns who were doing it for what they thought was best for them, did anyone of them target a young player like James like Ferguson did regularly? No they all wanted proven players to help them instantly.

Starkie_1

Affluent and Likeminded
It's just said you have to point that out all the time. I'm a club member for a decade now and the times I went to watch live have now cost me more than you've probably spent on United. Not that it matters.[/QUOTE
I point it out because for me personally and everyone around me, it’s true. I don’t speak to anyone at the ground or pubs, trams, family or friends who is so knee jerk and reactionary. Maybe I’m lucky in that respect.

Doesnt mean I’m a better supporter than you, far from it. When I was going home and away I’d moan more than anyone, I remember absolutely fuming during the Fergie latter years because it was shite. Look at us now!

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I’m fairly sure that Woodward is just using him as someone to conduct the so called «cultural reboot» before getting a «real» manager.

I refuse to believe that the powers think of Solskjaer as a proper long term solution.
You are crediting our board with making good footballing decisions (especially Woodward).
I believe that they genuinely think that Ole is a long term solution in the mould of SAF.

TrueRed79

One shot on target and that was a pen. Second string blah blah blah etc. Simply not good enough. I have never seen a run that has been so bad for so long yet some people think "progress" for some reason.

RG 11

I lost count of how many games I slept during LvG time. It's ain't that bad now
Agree with this. Anyone who thinks Ole's football is worse than LVG has a really short memory. Current team is the worst we have on quality but there's still some excitement with us counter attacking using James and Rashford.

Can't find the gif but still remember Valencia back pass to DDG from half way line where there was no one pressing him and LVG's confused face.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I hope we stick with Solskjaer personally but I do worry that he seems too easily pleased. When he initially became manager his positivity was so refreshing but when you're positive after performances like that it just makes me wonder if he knows what he's doing.
I hope he's a bit harsher behind closed doors otherwise he's setting very low standards for the players
I think you're bang on.

I don't like the way Ole has adopted Jose's park the bus style in the last couple of games. It was understandable against Liverpool for several reasons, not least of which is that has worked against them before, but to continue with it against the likes of Partizan is unnecessary.

Godfather

I point it out because for me personally and everyone around me, it’s true. I don’t speak to anyone at the ground or pubs, trams, family or friends who is so knee jerk and reactionary. Maybe I’m lucky in that respect.

Doesnt mean I’m a better supporter than you, far from it. When I was going home and away I’d moan more than anyone, I remember absolutely fuming during the Fergie latter years because it was shite. Look at us now!
It's mostly not a reaction to the game per se. The thing that I just can't understand is why so many still think Ole is the right man. This is actually the thing that makes me fume. I just don't get it.

Judas

Open to offers
Wins don’t even feel like wins under Ole. Let’s face it if it wasn’t Liverpool on Sunday and we’d won that game we wouldn’t have been impressed. It’s tumescent filth.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Tbf I am still probably more positive now. Somehow it's less annoying to see homegrown academy graduates or just other younger players like Martial/James struggle to do anything in attack than it is to see Lukaku fail to control the ball and Sanchez fall over 10 times a game. Also Mourinho a moaning and annoying dickhead, Ole is Ole regardless of if hes a shit manager.

Also our kits are way nicer this year. Last year were shite.

fergiesarmy1

Wins don’t even feel like wins under Ole. Let’s face it if it wasn’t Liverpool on Sunday and we’d won that game we wouldn’t have been impressed. It’s tumescent filth.
If we had beat Liverpool on Sunday I’d still be drunk now.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Compare squad depth to Mourinho's. Needs at least 3-4 1st team players.

Fahad Jawaid

Its obvious to anybody with a brain cell that not only we have replaced mourinho and gone with a worse manager than him. Furthermore, we also have a far worse squad then we had with him, so its no co-incidence that we are seeing awful football.

I will come back again to the summer, what the likes of Ed and Ole did with our wonderful club is criminal. I mean you have shipped off Herrera, Fellani, Sanchez and Lukaku and replaced them with a single attacking player whose extremely raw and was playing in championship last year, its just gross negligance.

I swear we now actually require a complete new attack. Similar to how Madrid in 2009 signed Kaka, Ronaldo, Benzema and Alonso. In a summer, we need that kind of investment. With only Martial, Rashford, Pogba and Greenwood to be kept as attacking options.

For midfield we need a midfield general who can dictate the play like Verrati/Modric or somebody in that mould who can not only pass and move but also be able to dribble from the middle, if there are not any options open, it gives you another dimension in attack. Currently all of midfield players lack this ability and are haopy to play side ways (Fred, Mctominay and Perriera) since Pogba will play as a Cam he does not count.

A right winger Sancho would be perfect but too costly i assume so maybe get ziyech from Ajax or Dembele from Barca.

Striker must be somebody who atleast hold the ball and link up play like Firmino/Benzema.

SirAF

Ageist
You are crediting our board with making good footballing decisions (especially Woodward).
I believe that they genuinely think that Ole is a long term solution in the mould of SAF.
Quite plausible!

edgar allan

The problem is that shit is becoming a regular thing with Ole. Fans at Cardiff probably saw that at their club as well. There's no shame in not being EPL level. Most managers fall in that category
Shit was a regular thing with the club before Ole. Jose spent a fortune more and served up the same shite.

minoo-utd

Is this even football? Even Egyptian local teams play way better football, What the feck is this? Every cnut of them getting tons of millions for this shower of shit. And Ole is he even a football manager?

Worst than Moyes, LVG, and surely Jose.

joedirt87

I have skipped the last couple games due to frustration watching this club, and I think this is the worst we have played post Fergie. Worse than Mourinho, worse than van Gaal.

Robbie Boy

Absolute madness you lot. Gutless and pathetic? Was a well earned away win in a ridiculously hard place to go. fecking shocking the mindset of internet fans. Sit at home wanking off over fantasy games
You’re deluded.

drdoityourself

It's probably worse than under Mourinho. But he played shit football and was leaning towards signing players who had already seen thsir best days.

Ole is signing players better suited to build towards something. So I'd like to see how he builds on that in the next two windows.

But there is a shocking lack of attacking patterns, even naive corner routines and over reliance on players so lacking in quality, such as Lingard and Young.
At least he needed a more progressive, current coaching staff alongside him. By bringing in someone from the past like Ole we went overboard by pairing him with Mike Phelan. His career since leaving Utd is Hull and some Australian team, he just seems a football relic at this point.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
There is no mention of fisting or similar dark fetishes anywhere within that article. I shouldn't be nearly as disappointed as I am about that.

We've gone off-topic here.
https://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/fl-sunrise-rough-sex-killing-arrest-20150921-story.html

He went back to the closet where Nemeth was lying unconscious and he started inserting a beer bottle, a flat iron for hair, and both fists inside of her, investigators said.
I rest my case.