Worse than Mourinho football?

fergiesarmy1

We are Manchester United. With our squad and resources I'd expect nearly any manager to get the kind of results Ole has got, even ones in lower leagues.
He is doing it while making the difficult choices the last 3 pricks did not.

Infra-red

Things were never, ever this boring or tumescent under Mourinho. You'd have to go back to Van Gaal's second season to find football this uninspiring.

Lee565

What annoys me is Solskjear got rid of fellaini and pushed lukaku down the pecking order and for what? The football is worse than under any manager post fergie and to top it off we are going to panic buy a deadwood 33 year old striker in January, sollsjear is a huge fraud and way out of his depth of rebuilding side or getting us playing progressive football, its embarrassing that even Sheffield United look more progressive than us ffs.

Gandalf

Depends on what you are expecting. We have a shit squad right now and specifically Pogba is the only creative midfield player and he is absent so if Mourinho were still here you would not be getting anything more entertaining unless you include his press conferences. The expectation at this point is that we can grind out results for another couple of months and hopefully players returning from injury will make that easier to accomplish and easier on the eye and then in January add a creative player in the middle and another striker. I get the criticism of the Manager but when you look at the squad I don't see where the goals or quality is supposed to come from, our youngsters like Gomes are not there yet and sadly Mata has continued to decline at a shocking rate and looks significantly worse than he did six months ago. We are tough to beat and James has been a bright spot up front and so if we did add just for arguments sake Madison and Haaland in the window then I think we could be actually add goals and entertainment to our already solid defensive play. Fact is, rebuilds suck, especially the first 12 months when you get rid of players faster than you sign them.

fergiesarmy1

Exactly. Shame on those who'd like to enjoy watching football.
Do you think I don’t want to watch nice football? I just know that when your going through a tough spell and the squad is down to bare bones you just focus on the result and get it anyway. Patience is needed for the pretty stuff.

JoaquinJoaquin

He is doing it while making the difficult choices the last 3 pricks did not.
All the while dragging us down near relegation places and playing tumescent football. Tell me, what positive traits does he have as a manager? Being a club legend doesn't count.

Ziggy Starduster

Hand on heart, this season is as bad I am remember. I’m 45 years old.
Even under Ron Atkinson, you always fancied us to get in to the opposition and create chances.
Players are poor. Manager doesn’t seem to be able to get the basics out of them. United don’t look like a side that train together.
Tonight was horrendous on the eye.

RedRitz

We are Manchester United. With our squad and resources I'd expect nearly any manager to get the kind of results Ole has got, even ones in lower leagues.
Isn't it kind of Ole's fault this squad is the way it is? It was his words that probably got Ed thinking he can just buy 3 out of the 7 players needed and that the kids would do the rest since thats Ole seems to think the kids are going to keep him his job and get us into the top 4? It was Ole who decided we didnt need experience, we could do with the likes of lukaku, sanchez, herrera and fellaini right now. The only youth player that seems to be any good to play week in week out is scott and it was Mou who brought him into the team.

Gandalf

What annoys me is Solskjear got rid of fellaini and pushed lukaku down the pecking order and for what? The football is worse than under any manager post fergie and to top it off we are going to panic buy a deadwood 33 year old striker in January, sollsjear is a huge fraud and way out of his depth of rebuilding side or getting us playing progressive football, its embarrassing that even Sheffield United look more progressive than us ffs.
I will post naked pics of myself holding a sign saying I am a clueless wanker if we sign Mandzukic. Total paper talk and never going to happen.

fergiesarmy1

All the while dragging us down near relegation places and playing tumescent football. Tell me, what positive traits does he have as a manager? Being a club legend doesn't count.
Made the tough choices knowing his job would be harder and the flack from the media, opposition and so called fans would inevitably come.

Some poster earlier stated we would be doing better if Fellaini and Lukaku were still here and in essence he was absolutely correct. Would it be better for united long term? Absolutely not.

Revan

Assumptionman
We are worse than under Moyes, let alone Mourinho. And since the Paris night, we have been a relegation team.

Godfather

Shame on professional team sports for not always going the way the unqualified armchair fan wants it to.
:lol: what a stupid fecking post considering we sit on 14th place. I've been on here since 2007 but that surely is one of the dumbest shit I've read.

JoaquinJoaquin

Made the tough choices knowing his job would be harder and the flack from the media, opposition and so called fans would inevitably come.

Some poster earlier stated we would be doing better if Fellaini and Lukaku were still here and in essence he was absolutely correct. Would it be better for united long term? Absolutely not.
So selling experienced international players and replacing them with 17 - 20 year olds who of only 2 look ready is a positive? Gotcha.

What about on the pitch? You didn't mention any

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
It's the worst I've ever seen us. Needs to go, Ole. No hard feelings but he's out of his depth.

Enigma_87

You know who
The worst I've seen United play in my lifetime, including highlights of old matches.

OverratedOpinion

Mourinho was not the right manager for us but he is undoubtedly a very good manager, as such he got a pretty poor squad to look at least somewhat cohesive most of the time. If we had of signed Maguire when Jose wanted us to then we probably would have finished top 4 again.

Whether the above scenario would have been a good thing or simply a plaster is up for debate but I am not totally against the idea that there is a silver lining to things getting this bad and highlighting how much needs to be done in the long term.

binary bot
I still see him as a caretaker manager/acting DoF. I dont rate him as a manager but im happy with the squad changes hes making.

The way i'm diluding myself into positivivity is we'll hopefully have a team of 4 or 5 young starters to build off, under a top modern coach. Maguire and Wan-Bissaka give me hope

el3mel

Why not support and stick by a manager who knows absolutely everything about the club, the culture and the supporters. He’s done what most have asked in gutting the squad, let him build his own and see where we go. What’s the alternative? Waste another few years
We're already wasting years with him in charge. His entire reign is just a waste of everyone time trying to chase a romantic impossible dream that United return to glory will be under an ex legend. The next manager will throw everything and start from the scratch.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Haven't had our strongest team since the first week of the season. It's worse than Mourinho, yes, but I'll reserve overall judgement until we're playing our strongest team regularly.

Starkie_1

Affluent and Likeminded
:lol: what a stupid fecking post considering we sit on 14th place. I've been on here since 2007 but that surely is one of the dumbest shit I've read.
9 games into a season, just stopped a record breaking Scouse team despite having key players unavailable and actually being the better team for the majority. Going away to Belgrade midweek with a young team and getting the win.

Shame that isn’t it? 2007 on a knee jerk Internet forum, you’re probably more suitable than Ole then

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Do you think I don’t want to watch nice football? I just know that when your going through a tough spell and the squad is down to bare bones you just focus on the result and get it anyway. Patience is needed for the pretty stuff.
Says who?

Its just drivel a section of our fan base have made up. We played decent fecking football one second into his reign.

SirAF

Ageist
I still see him as a caretaker manager/acting DoF. I dont rate him as a manager but im happy with the squad changes hes making.

The way i'm diluding myself into positivivity is we'll hopefully have a team of 4 or 5 young starters to build off, under a top modern coach. Maguire and Wan-Bissaka give me hope
I’m fairly sure that Woodward is just using him as someone to conduct the so called «cultural reboot» before getting a «real» manager.

I refuse to believe that the powers think of Solskjaer as a proper long term solution.

Enigma_87

You know who
Why not support and stick by a manager who knows absolutely everything about the club, the culture and the supporters. He’s done what most have asked in gutting the squad, let him build his own and see where we go. What’s the alternative? Waste another few years
Compared to this? Everything is better than this if you are also a football fan, not only United fan.

You have absolutely no guarantee that he will come good, yet you have the patience to watch us play pathetic defensive football week in and week out?

And some were saying Jose was a defensive coach. :lol:

No shot on goal apart from a penalty in 180 minutes against AZ and Partizan, blimey..

mu4c_20le

The worst I've seen United play in my lifetime, including highlights of old matches.
Strange thing to say, considering we actually tried to attack. Was it really worse than passing it around under LVG and waiting for that one chance? Or hoofing it up to the target man under Jose?

Starkie_1

Affluent and Likeminded
We're already wasting years with him in charge. His entire reign is just a waste of everyone time trying to chase a romantic impossible dream that United return to glory will be under an ex legend. The next manager will throw everything and start from the scratch.
Weird to want another manager who we have zero connection with, to start all over and do it another way. That’s worked well hasn’t it?

Go to games/watch games with mates and stop taking it all so seriously. We’ve seen more than any one could have dreamed of for two decades and it’ll get better.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Before disaster against Liverpool and sacking Jose had two 2-2 draws and 4-1 win. So even his last gloom days it wasn't this bad and boring

fergiesarmy1

Says who?

Its just drivel a section of our fan base have made up. We played decent fecking football one second into his reign.
What you on about, been watching football for forty years. No team comes out of a tough patch playing champagne football.

Holocene

Hire a manager that actually knows how to coach a football team would be a good start.

JoaquinJoaquin

9 games into a season, just stopped a record breaking Scouse team despite having key players unavailable and actually being the better team for the majority. Going away to Belgrade midweek with a young team and getting the win.

Shame that isn’t it? 2007 on a knee jerk Internet forum, you’re probably more suitable than Ole then
Did you forget we are only 2 points above the relegation zone?

Pennywise

Worse than being fisted with ghost pepper hot sauce.
:lol:

Yes miles worse than under Jose. I would take some of the terrible results if there was some evidence of a plan and style of play developing. There isn't though. Ole is shockingly bad and is so out of his depth its embarrassing

BlueHaze

Does the football you've been witnessing the past 6 months even remotely resemble someone who knows "our culture" If he wants more time he needs to get his shit together because wether you want it or not if this horrendous form continues he'll be sacked either way. I don't see what new players will do if the main problem lies with the coach. He's tactically clueless.

el3mel

Weird to want another manager who we have zero connection with, to start all over and do it another way. That’s worked well hasn’t it?

Go to games/watch games with mates and stop taking it all so seriously. We’ve seen more than any one could have dreamed of for two decades and it’ll get better.
I don't know what's the hell having "connection with the club" has to do with you being good enough to manage a team or not. Extremely weird reason to hire a manager. Did Klopp have a connection with Liverpool and knew everything about inside the club before being hired or something ?

Again your post is about my point. We're chasing a dream that our return will be under an ex legend that knows the United way. It's not going to happen, definitely not under Ole that's I'm sure about.