Worst Football Pundits

Hoof the ball

When an ex-footballer speaks on his former job, its a coin flip on whether they even understand the game they spent 10-15 years playing. How can this be? :lol:

Mmm-Qatarian

I cannot believe nobody has mentioned Danny Murphy.

Say what you will about the complete absence of insight offered by the likes of Savage, Crooks and Richards, at least they offer something in the way of entertainment value. Murphy manages to combine staggeringly uninteresting commentary with all the charisma and enthusiasm of a wooden leg. As an aside, looks-wise he reminds me of the character "The Brain" from the TV show "Pinky and the Brain" (shown below), which can only be described as cataclysmically ironic.

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool

Say what you will about the complete absence of insight offered by the likes of Savage, Crooks and Richards, at least they offer something in the way of entertainment value. Murphy manages to combine staggeringly uninteresting commentary with all the charisma and enthusiasm of a wooden leg. As an aside, looks-wise he reminds me of the character "The Brain" from the TV show "Pinky and the Brain" (shown below), which can only be described as cataclysmically ironic.

:lol:

diarm

Merson, Dixon, Keown...

They must have had to spell the tactics out in fecking Duplo for that Arsenal side in the 90s.

And then supervise them in case they swallowed the pieces.

Trequarista10

I think most of the current lot doing the rounds would be alright in small doses, if they popped up now and then, but they just seem to be have obtained permanent roles despite being both dull and uninspiring. I get the impression most of them put some effort in when they first start, then when they get a comfortable gig they get lazy. Unenthusiastic, poor research, surface level analysis. There's higher quality analysis being made by kids in their bedrooms on YouTube.

Legit only good pundits are Carragher and Neville, and they both have their moments of dipshittery.

MotD needs a serious revamp. They should split it into two shows I think - first show should just be the highlights of games without any tedious analysis in between, suitable for grannies and kids and casual viewers. Then have an aftershow where they have some actual decent pundits go into more depth for an hour. It'd soon weed out the bluffers and force them to up their standards.

Wicked_Badger

:lol:

edcunited1878

Anybody who is featured on ESPN in America. They had Steve Nichol, Craig Burnley, and whoever else. Completed fecking knobheads.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006

Because, if there's one persons opinion I need to hear on football it's that of, 2005 Club World Cup runner up, and veteran of 67 PL appearances, Stephen Warnock.

Particularly now that he wears glasses, so he must know what he's talking about, right?

bestis best

Supports
utd, linfield
Why the feck is Chris Sutton suddenly all over the BBC. Oh yes he hates United , is he still spitting at United supporters , ex. Celtic so par for the course I suppose

GlasgowCeltic

Because, if there's one persons opinion I need to hear on football it's that of, 2005 Club World Cup runner up, and veteran of 67 PL appearances, Stephen Warnock.

Particularly now that he wears glasses, so he must know what he's talking about, right?
him and Leon osman are the same pundit with and without hair

cyberman

That’s actually spot on. If you told me the artist was trying to draw Danny I’d believe you

cyberman

Punditry isn’t the problem, it’s the same pundits dominating every conversation. Stay on the one fecking show. I don’t need you on both MOTD and Super Sunday. I don’t need Gary popping up all over the place giving his predictions for the weekend only to have to hear him on the game that weekend. Micah doesn’t have to be on all of the show

CatsOfUlthar

1. Souness
2. Owen
3. Jamie Redknapp

I despise a lack of passion, that Owen epitomises. I despise a lack of knowledge, that remarkably Redknapp epitomises.

With a potential wealth of knowledge, and every reason for passion, to have neither, and be not only utterly biased, but completely feckless in terms of footballing knowledge, Souness takes the cake.

Dirkdiggler79

Supports
Bristol Rovers
Joleon Lescott and Richards really wind me up because they are both you atypical greedy player who after making a name for themselves phoned in their playing careers, they both went to Villa on huge wages and basically got them relegated while posting pictures of their sports cars and now have the audacity to milk a further living sat in the comfy studio barely giving an opinion.

Michael Owen i think gets a lot of undue stick i know he sounds funny but he had an eilte football I.Q and if you listen to what he say's and not how he say's it he's quite shrewd.

Souness has grown me he has a great talent of being goaded by Simon Jordan and rather than bite just ploughing through with his next point as if he didn't hear anything, he is one of the few to get the better of him.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Seb-Stafford Bloor, Charlie Eccleshare, Daniel Storey are a right set of cnuts.

I’m loving my life

Micah hahahaha Richard’s haha I don’t have to hahaha offer any hahahahaha actual hahahahaha insight into hahaha football at all hahahahaha because I know how to hahshahaha laugh hahaha and get paid for it hahahahaha

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Gabby abonlahor is about as ABU as you can possibly get.
It's not his fault but he just has an exceptionally low intelligence level.
Add in the fact that Talksport clearly get their contributors to take controversial standpoints to get publicity and it's a marriage made in hell.

Josh 76

Danny Murphy. He makes Jamie Carragher look like a Utd fan!

Kag

Karen Carney. feck me.

Dead from the neck up.

EDIT: It might not be her. Izzy Christiansen. Dead from the neck up.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Martin Keown is a clown. Continuously ripped apart by Jim White and Simon Jordan and always resorts to the ‘I played football and know tactics’ response.

Michael Owen. As thick as possible. It’s embarrassing that he is given any airtime.

Jenas. Universally disliked. Bland, boring, one sided And absolutely clueless about football. He doesn’t understand the rules either which is annoying.

Danny Murphy. Why is he even on tv or radio? Monotone and clueless.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
This guy is thick as pigshit. Even ignoring the stupid opinion, he can barely speak. "Will Ooze" "Oppomemt."

Blood Mage

If your no.1 pick isn't Merson you're objectively wrong.

1) Merson
2) Jenas
3) Owen

Blood Mage

Agbonlahor doesn't even qualify as a pundit for me nor do any of that Talksport lot. Professional WUMs at best.