Worst Football Pundits

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Let's have your top 3.

1. Shearer
2. McManaman
3. Savage

We need more Garth Crooks he is so mad he's brilliant.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
1. Keown
2. Jenas
3. Mcmanaman

cyberman

Let's have your top 3.

1. Shearer
2. McManaman
3. Savage

We need more Garth Crooks he is so mad he's brilliant.
Mcmanaman is the worst. His demeanour is affected by Liverpool winning or not and it’s widely unprofessional.
Same with Jenas and Spurs

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
At what? Jenas and Richards are fecking awful in terms of football knowledge but Richards is good at offering something different to the 'vibe' and chemistry between the pundits. Redknapp is also shite along with O'Hara.

I like Crouch, Onuoha and Carragher.

GlasgowCeltic

Am absolutely baffled every time I see Ashley Cole being asked to provide insight, or even just complete sentences

Same for Joe Cole actually

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
At what? Jenas and Richards are fecking awful in terms of football knowledge but Richards is good at offering something different to the 'vibe' and chemistry between the pundits. Redknapp is also shite along with O'Hara.

I like Crouch, Onuoha and Carragher.
See Talksport post match phone in is O'Hara and Agbonlahor. Talk about dumber and even dumber.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Bastian Schweinsteiger, no one can be worse. He just drains the energy and excitement out of you.

Chairman Steve

1. All
2. Of
3. Them

Seriously I can’t stand listening to pre-match analysis, half time analysis or full time analysis anymore. It’s inane, trite, cliche ridden and one thing I’ve noted is its trying to create characters of them, like these ‘heated’ arguments. I get the feeling TV companies know that the majority are starting to tune out from it so they got to pull it back in by doing this.

I just watch the game and I wish I could watch it without the commentary (god bless you Amazon Prime for having the no commentary option).

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Sherwood, Agbonlahor and O'Hara. All awful and even more clueless than the average ones.

I don't think its great having former players of the teams playing providing commentary/ punditry to be honest.

Genuinely difficult to pick a top 3!

1. Redknapp
2. Owen
3. Shearer

(Some honourable mentions: Murphy, Wright, Keown, Souness, Ferdinand, Scholes)

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Jenas is the worst all-rounder. Awful in the studio and in the commentary box. He adds nothing, and his voice is basically a sleeping pill.

I really dislike Neville as a co-commentator, he's not very good in the moment, but I like him when he's had the chance to collect his thoughts in the studio. The deeper analysis on MNF is often very good too.

Souness is pretty awful. He seems like the kind of guy where you could show him evidence of something yet he would still choose to believe the lie because he prefers it. He is unbearable whenever the conversation is directed towards the Glazers. He can't even get their name right, let alone any basic information about their ownership.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Jenas is the worst all-rounder. Awful in the studio and in the commentary box. He adds nothing, and his voice is basically a sleeping pill.

I really dislike Neville as a co-commentator, he's not very good in the moment, but I like him when he's had the chance to collect his thoughts in the studio. The deeper analysis on MNF is often very good too.

Souness is pretty awful. He seems like the kind of guy where you could show him evidence of something yet he would still choose to believe the lie because he prefers it. He is unbearable whenever the conversation is directed towards the Glazers. He can't even get their name right, let alone any basic information about their ownership.
You can't get away from Jenas either. He is even on non sport programes.

Loon

:lol:
Redknapp because he's a moron with a predictable style, "Wouldn't you say so, [insert name] ?" (cue Insert name)

Jenas has way too high an opinion of himself.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Richards, Redknapp and karen I dont know her last name.

Nickelodeon

Paul Scholes. They bring his dull, dour demeanour before our games and his mere presence ensures that we’ll play shite and he’ll have more opportunities to pile on.

HairyBack23

1. Jenas
2. McManananaman
3. Sherwood

Honorable mentions - Shearer, Richards, Sherwood, Owen, Redknapp, Keown, Souness

Leg-End

I don't watch enough of them to comment on many but any time Redknapp is in studio I'm amazed he's paid money to talk about football. He gets overly defensive any time anyone disagrees with him, which is all the time because he doesn't know his arse from his elbow.

Bocca9978

In no particular order:
Keown
Mcmanaman
Shearer
Carragher
Jamie Redknapp
Chris Sutton
Souness
Richards

I'm sure there are many more.
I haven't got the time for any of them. Have no interest in what they think about a game I've just watched.

68cob

Would it be considered sexist of me to say most of the women because they never played near the level of what they are talking about?

Chris Sutton' drone is unbearable and there's a female version of him too, but I can't remember her name. .... Emma Hayes

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Agbonlahor. No idea how an average pace merchant has so much to say about other players ability

TheReligion

Abusive
Surprised not to see more of Redknapp. He’s awful.

Neville and Carragher are much better and knowledgeable.