Worst Football Pundits

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Agbonlahor doesn't even qualify as a pundit for me nor do any of that Talksport lot. Professional WUMs at best.
Yeah, Talkshite is just verbal clickbait. The people on there don't even believe what they're being paid to say.

Judas

Open to offers
Agbonlahor if he counts is without a doubt the worst. Merson occasionally talks some sense, Agbonlahor is thick as mince and speaks utter verbal sludge every time he opens his gob.

JinnerJamie

Small ginger
Merson is a as he would say Top, top cockwomble!

Souness used to be good back in the 00s but in the last few years has been dreadful

Jenas is a complete fool, how he can have an opinion worth paying for us a joke considering the amount of top level he played. Think all his injuries messed up his ability to be objective.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Joleon Lescott and Richards really wind me up because they are both you atypical greedy player who after making a name for themselves phoned in their playing careers, they both went to Villa on huge wages and basically got them relegated while posting pictures of their sports cars and now have the audacity to milk a further living sat in the comfy studio barely giving an opinion.

Michael Owen i think gets a lot of undue stick i know he sounds funny but he had an eilte football I.Q and if you listen to what he say's and not how he say's it he's quite shrewd.

Souness has grown me he has a great talent of being goaded by Simon Jordan and rather than bite just ploughing through with his next point as if he didn't hear anything, he is one of the few to get the better of him.
Owen? He reckoned Liverpool were the best team in Europe having seen them not even win their own league or the Euro Cup.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Gabby abonlahor is about as ABU as you can possibly get.
Not sure he's necessarily anti United.
He's simply understood that saying controversial stuff about the big clubs gets most coverage.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Agbonlahor is also anti Liverpool after the Klopp spat. Seems to revel in their losses. Talksport is bad cop v good cop and they barely believe what they’re arguing about

OT1214

Richard Keys should be right up there for anti United bias. Even yesterday he brought up United’s “offside” goal against City :lol:

GlasgowCeltic

Should’ve known what time if was with Agbonlahor when he said Grealish is better than Neymar and Mbappe

Arlo

ESPN have Craig Burley and Steve Nichol just spewing unadulterated rubbish, and I couldn't even be bothered to remember who they've got over on beIN Sports.

Sylar

Too many people react and interact with the stuff the talksport media put out from the likes of ohara, agbonlahor, pennant. If they were ignored then the formula of saying shit for interactions would die. Unfortunately people get worked up and thus they trend and they will continue doing it.

There are some really bad ones who say things confidently and are so wrong though :lol:

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
BeIN sports have a couple of dreadful ones, but the worst 2 for me are Nick Summerbee and Jason Mcateer.

Summerbee seems to be the most boring human being ive ever heard speak, but last week he came up with the foul on Weghorst not being given because even though it was a clear kick, he's 6'6 and shouldn't be getting hurt from a clear kick to the shins.

Jason Mcateer is just a very bitter ex-liverpool player who turns everything into anti-united.

BuzzKillington

Merson is a as he would say Top, top cockwomble!

Souness used to be good back in the 00s but in the last few years has been dreadful

Jenas is a complete fool, how he can have an opinion worth paying for us a joke considering the amount of top level he played. Think all his injuries messed up his ability to be objective.
I can’t stand Souness, but if memory serves me when Liverpool were shit he’d stick the boot into them almost as much as he does to us these days, regardless of it was merited or not. The scousers hated him for quite some time.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
If your no.1 pick isn't Merson you're objectively wrong.

1) Merson
2) Jenas
3) Owen
Agreed, though I might put Jenas on the same level as Merson. I think Merson is slightly worse overall, but it seems easier to avoid him and I've actually not heard or read anything from him in ages.

Jenas is just everywhere. In the studio, co-commentating, hosting the One Show, he's writing articles for the BBC now, and somehow The Daily Mail too, which is also huge strike against him, the twat. Hell, just walking to work the other day, and I spot a lifesize poster of Jermaine Jenas in a Jacamo advert on the side of a bus stop. You can't even commute without having to see his big dumb face.

Like him or not, we have no choice but to welcome our overlord, he who cannot be stopped, Jermaine Jenas.

BuzzKillington

Richard Keys and Andy Grey for me. Absolutely hate the pair of them. I remember they were viewed as the dream team when Sky first launched, but they were left behind. Keys is now one of the bitterest people in the world. Like Jeremy Clarkson without the “funny”, he just sits in his studio in the arse end of nowhere stewing in his own irrelevance taking pot shots desperate to be heard and be part of the conversation again.

madzo2007

So easy these days to spot the pundits who don't bother to do any research whatsoever and just spout their opinion as fact

Most broadcasters are just after the clicks and views these days. Sky Sports News/Talksport being the prime examples.

Chairman Steve

So easy these days to spot the pundits who don't bother to do any research whatsoever and just spout their opinion as fact

Most broadcasters are just after the clicks and views these days. Sky Sports News/Talksport being the prime examples.
Theres always been a rumour the big broadcasters have got some dogsbody analyst feeding them stuff to talk about, and you can tell that these ‘experts’ know feck all outside of the Top 6 teams. I guarantee they couldn’t name a full starting XI for Aston Villa or Nottingham Forest for example.

I imagine sitting on the fence on issues is a big no-no and being impulsive, contrarian and controversial guarantees you work. A pundit who gives a measured but fence sitting opinion like ‘Darwin Nunez hasn’t started out well but give him time’ sits on the odd, small-time podcast whilst a pundit saying ‘Nunez is the worst signing ever by Liverpool and Bill Shankly would hate him‘ sits on a major network gig.

It fosters a shit pundit field really.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Lee Dixon. I'd rather listen to fingernails on a blackboard.
It's hard to think of a pundit who sounds less morose.
Maybe only early days Lawro sounded like he'd genuinely prefer to be anywhere else.

However, he's clearly the low notice northern go to guy though.
Crap midweek FA cup replay in the North West?, call up Dixon as he'll be there in 20.

cyberman

I think Souness got caught out with this as well. These pundits aren’t giving any thought to their opinions to the point they’re allowing ghost writers to use their name

poleglass red

I think Souness got caught out with this as well. These pundits aren’t giving any thought to their opinions to the point they’re allowing ghost writers to use their name
that's brilliant, his silence then Simon's reaction, :)

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
She's gold dust for the tv companies who are falling over themselves to move away from the old white blokes union.
She is a weird choice if you want to be more PC as she is very non-PC.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
My biggest gripe with all pundits is that they don’t even research or have any deep knowledge of what they’re talking about. I’d honestly much rather watch people who research properly than ‘names’ and ex players.

LASpurs

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
A pundit/commentator over here I cannot stand is Ray Hudson. The bloke comes out with the most utterly moronic descriptions of passages of play. Makes my ears bleed, I honestly turn off the commentary when he is commentating.

Chairman Steve

A pundit/commentator over here I cannot stand is Ray Hudson. The bloke comes out with the most utterly moronic descriptions of passages of play. Makes my ears bleed, I honestly turn off the commentary when he is commentating.
That guy is the most geordie person in the world, and from memory he’s a massive Messi ****.

Messi could torch his house down with the entire Hudson family in it, and he’d exclaim that Messi is a deity and you should bow to him.

LASpurs

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
That guy is the most geordie person in the world, and from memory he’s a massive Messi ****.

Messi could torch his house down with the entire Hudson family in it, and he’d exclaim that Messi is a deity and you should bow to him.
I wasn't gonna mention his accent but that too is absolutely awful :D

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Unreal comment isn't it.
Guess that's how some people's brains operate. He probably just says whatever comes to his mind, as if he thought about it for 5 seconds surely he would've realised how dumb that take is.