Wot, no transfers? It's all happening now!

Litch

City are soon gonna sign Koulibaly. Liverpool are working on Thiago deal. Those 2 clubs are not the topic of discussion anyways.

You are being disingenuous if you think that Thiago Silva will be their only defensive signing and also being a not so good one. With how fat Frank was dropping Kepa, its clear that they will get another GK.

With all those signings they are adding depth whereas Utd doesn't even have that luxury. One injury to Bruno and back to Mata, Andreas and Lingard. We are relying on Greenwood who is not even a proper right sided player. Dan James is the backup. Rashford is in piss poor form since the restart. Matic can't play every week.

It's not that hard to see how much better placed Chelsea will be for the next season.
Shall we wait until they hold up the shirt first? Disingenuous? I think you forget there are financial restrictions on how much money you can spend especially when you consider the loss in revenue from COVID irrespective of how much money your owners worth. Can't say it enough times, the only way you truly add depth is by improving your first team and those that were in it, drop to the bench. This comes with it own problems for both those players and creates a bottle neck for young players coming through. It's not an easy task. People have amnesia about our previous squad depth even when successful. Yes was better but sorry still a massive drop off. Who would come in for Giggs, Keane, Beckham, Scholes, Stam, Rio, Rooney if any of them were injured?

Utd arent in the same position as Lingard, Mata, Andreas et al aren't starters so even if say we wanted to sign the Dutch dude for 40m, why would he leave Ajax to sit on the bench waiting to see if Bruno or Pogs get injured, or coming on for 15 mins at the end of the game.

Yes there are players that improve our starting 11 but no signings by anyone in European football so far this window starts in our 11.

Last edited:

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Because I am fed up of seeing this once great club do diddly squat in this window whilst Chelsea splash out in style.

The thing that really gets to me is that these execs at other big clubs rightly see our board as a joke and we know who to blame for that.
Sit back and relax, you gain nothing by doing this. Just accumulated frustration.

Zed 101

we could use some good news, effing chelsea are going to trample us next season

Litch

No I agree . Read my previous comment. #638. We need players that can affect games. Top players that can strengthen out bench to give us the option of having Bruno and Rashford on the bench with no drop in quality in the 11 on field players.

The Andreas, Jones and Dalot type players are out the door in my opinion.
Whilst I agree, my point remains the same. Those top players to replace Pogs or Bruno must be willing to understand that they are starting from the bench. I don't know any team that signs those players of that quality who agree to that. Top players come to play with Pogs and Bruno, not to replace them.

Bondi77

I wish we would stop chasing Sancho and go after 3 solid players that would help to atleast solidiy top 4 again. VDB , Telles , Ismail Sarr could be got for combined 100m and would represent better value in today's climate. Our out goings will offset most of this too. i wish we wise up one time as we are really in need of strength in depth.
Have you watched Sarr play on a regular basis?
The guy has got pace and that is it.

Bondi77

Whilst I agree, my point remains the same. Those top players to replace Pogs or Bruno must be willing to understand that they are starting from the bench. I don't know any team that signs those players of that quality who agree to that. Top players come to play with Pogs and Bruno, not to replace them.
I agree.
It would be great to have a world class squad but we are not going to spend 40mil on a player unless we view him as a first team player and it is as simple as that. Even more so with us the plan has always been to fill squad roles with our own young players and I cannot see that changing.

Bogga

Another day, more unlikely bullshit and no real progress or likely rumour...

Cloud7

Each to their own and whilst I'm disappointed we are not competitive at the moment, it feels like we are on the right pathway to being so. Chelsea and City can spend what they want, the clubs are soulless filled with guns for hire with young talent that will be sat on the bench wasting their careers away.

It's like athletics, you can cheat as they both have in order to achieve your medal, knowing your win is hallow, or you can train clean, knowing you earned your win. That's how you build history and legacy.
I think I just threw up in my mouth a bit.

Give over mate. It's football, not some sort of righteous movement where you talk about soul or earning or history and legacy.

One of my greatest wishes is that one day we as a fanbase stop this holier than thou, moral high ground nonsense that is peddled.

Suvvernmanc

I think your wrong on that but hey. Top players would want to play in a strong team/squad. To win a domestic cup and go deep into the CL, on top of the the PL you play 60 or so matches. Bruno as our only good AM will not play 60 matches and will not play 90 minutes in every game. Neither Rashford, Pogba or anyone else! Bringing in a top CB, AM and a RW will just mean we can manage our players better throughout the season in all competitions. Grealish for instance will play enough minutes and so will Bruno. Neither will mind sharing that role. especially when Grealish plays LW too.

Having a strong 16 or so players that could start every game is imperative. It's been said on here too many times that players won't want to come and sit on the bench. Thats not how it works is it. Substitutions are made throughout the game to rest players or to change a game and when the fixtures pile up these players will need to be dropped for their own good. I'm not really sure what your suggesting to be honest. Every club manages there squad like this.

WPMUFC

Give Judge and Woodward time because we "might get Sancho" and Henderson will challenge De Gea? Am I having a stroke? wtf does henderson have to do with anything?

Cloud7

Give Judge and Woodward time because we "might get Sancho" and Henderson will challenge De Gea? Am I having a stroke? wtf does henderson have to do with anything?
Coming back from loan means he's like a new signing. With Pogs likely signing a new contract, technically we've get two new signings thus far :lol:

ROFLUTION

Please tell me this is a joke?

He's absolute scum who shouldn't be allowed to play football.

Besides, Solskjaer said "a hole is better than an arsehole" - I think Alonso safely falls under the latter. I'd rather play with 10 men and dance with relegation than play that horrible dirty prick.
Yeah, he is an asshole, I gotta say. Done some horrible things in the past. Dont know enough of him on everyday basis to judge if he is still an ass in training/off the field though.

WPMUFC

Coming back from loan means he's like a new signing. With Pogs likely signing a new contract, technically we've get two new signings thus far :lol:
Henderson challenging De Gea = "new signing" has to be the WORST transfer tweet of the window. That is something indykila wouldn't even tweet.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Thiago Silva easily at CB, Chilwell easily at LB, Werner rotate with Martial and Rashford, Ziyech easily on the right. Havertz then would rotate with Pogba and Bruno. Honestly if we signed all 5 of these guys, it wouldn't be overkill for our squad and would give us one that can compete on all levels.

Crashoutcassius

On one hand, I would have liked to have some business wrapped up by now when we could have been lining it up for months

On the other hand, do people realise how childish they sound when they say 'not even a new rumour today??????'

Makes it pretty obvious what they get out of 'transfer season' and its not related to building the club back up. No smoke doesn't mean no fire, every summer goes this way and people never learn.

We will have targets like we did with Maguire and Bruno in summers gone by, what will be infuriating will be if we can't close them out and have them drag on past the current window, as seems to be the acceptable norm. Maybe we saved 30m total in delaying the bruno and maguire deals by 1 year and 6 months respectively, maybe. But Ole needs help right away so that we can kick on. If we need more money, we have a long list of players that can leave, the club should do deals like they are supposed to (and, again, should have been working on since March)

Rolaholic

'Like a new signing' :rolleyes:

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
This window is getting slightly frustrating, with Chelsea signing every man and his grandmother. Feels like a deja vu of the summer before we sacked Jose.

MattofManchester

While it does sadden me that there's no sign of any incoming players, it's actually not the worst thing for me.

The worst thing is that it seems increasingly likely that Jones, Pereira and Lingard will still be here next season.

WPMUFC

This window is getting slightly frustrating, with Chelsea signing every man and his grandmother. Feels like a deja vu of the summer before we sacked Jose.
could you imagine going from Sancho hype to "MUFC see no value in the market and Poch is interested in the job"

Botim

Supports
Royal Antwerp FC
The season starts on sep 12th, our first game is on the 19th. That's less than 4 weeks.

Now is the time to sign players, or they'll miss all of the preseason.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
could you imagine going from Sancho hype to "MUFC see no value in the market and Poch is interested in the job"
Yeah it actually feels like that could happen and half the forum wouldn't even be surprised. In a year where Thiago could move for 30 mil, and Partey for 40 mil.

We'd then end up with a winger from the championship and a third (fifth) choice keeper.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
The season starts on sep 12th, our first game is on the 19th. That's less than 4 weeks.

Now is the time to sign players, or they'll miss all of the preseason.
Even worse, you gotta account for a 2 week quarantine in a lot of situations. They won't even be able to train with the team pretty soon.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Competent executives and an owner who wants them to win.

Chelsea have both, United have neither - that's the difference.
What like giving CHO a 120k a week wage, only to go and spend a load of money to put him on the bench. People are just throwing their toys out the pram, as per, when someone else signs players and we don't. If we go into the season with no signings, you can say that, but Chelsea could equally have just spent a load of money to not improve. Who'd be the competent executives then?

WPMUFC

Chilwell wrapped up for Chelsea taking their spend beyond 200 million. So basically negotiating 100 million deal for Havertz and a 50 mill deal for Chilwell at the same time. Who knew such things were possible within the laws of physics :lol:

Strelok

What like giving CHO a 120k a week wage, only to go and spend a load of money to put him on the bench. People are just throwing their toys out the pram, as per, when someone else signs players and we don't. If we go into the season with no signings, you can say that, but Chelsea could equally have just spent a load of money to not improve. Who'd be the competent executives then?
Bollocks.

We gave Rojo £80k and Jones £70k a week and they're not even on the bench. And this is another whole mater whether they spend stupidly or not. At least they spend.

You may improve or not if you sign new players, but it's 99℅ you don't improve if you sign no one.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Bollocks.

We gave Rojo £80k and Jones £70k a week and they're not even on the bench. And this is another whole mater whether they spend stupidly or not. At least they spend.

You may improve or not if you sign new players, but it's 99℅ you don't improve if you sign no one.
I'm not saying we're better, but holding up Chelsea of how to run a football club is fecking laughable. Just because they spend, doesn't make them competent executives. The competent executives got them transfer banned in the first place.

SER19

We are a pathetic terribly run club and only solskjaer has made strides to improve it. And he's the one who is going to get buried by the owners. Just look up posts for each of the last 7 years it is literally groundhog day. In the argument of how much we've spent you then have to question who was sanctioning these deals and contracts.

We're terrible when we spend, when we don't and dreadful at capitalising on any sense we might be moving in the right direction.

Strelok

I'm not saying we're better, but holding up Chelsea of how to run a football club is fecking laughable. Just because they spend, doesn't make them competent executives. The competent executives got them transfer banned in the first place.
That's two seasons ago and we're talking about this season.

At least so far they're more competent than ours in strengthening their squad. And their owner does spend and ours don't. Can you deny that?

WPMUFC

i'd like to have someone in charge that could simultaneously negotiate a 100 million deal and a 50 million deal. Would that be too much to ask for? Why does it take us 2 weeks to brief to a journalist that we don't like BVB using a third party agent and then just go radio silent for 3 weeks?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
That's two seasons ago and we're talking about this season.

At least so far they're more competent than ours in strengthening their squad. And their owner does spend and ours don't. Can't you deny that?
Their executives haven't changed.

Currently, they have strengthened their squad better than we have. That's not hard as we haven't signed anyone yet. If you actually think we'll sign no one, I can understand the issue, I just don't see in what world do we not spend a penny,

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
i'd like to have someone in charge that could simultaneously negotiate a 100 million deal and a 50 million deal. Would that be too much to ask for? Why does it take us 2 weeks to brief to a journalist that we don't like BVB using a third party agent and then just go radio silent for 3 weeks?
100m was the price of Havertz all along, we know the price of our main target (the managers target) is 120m, it just leaves feck all left in the coffers for anything else.