Wot, no transfers? It's all happening now!

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
What do you mean win and we're good? The problem of this season isn't a starting 11 when everyone is well rested. Look up the 2 months after the international break, when we get champions league midweek every week and premier league every weekend. That's the problem. Greenwood/Rashford/Martial/Shaw/Wan Bissaka will never be rotated and have no cover on the bench. We're going to get a lot of injuries and that will feck our season, regardless of whatever result we get tomorrow.
I meant that’s what the board will think

Josep Dowling

Pathetic shambles. Plan my arse! The plan is to make fans think we are trying to get players in. Chasing a lost cause in Sancho ‘sorry fans we did try but they rejected our £100m offer’. Same thing happened with Dybala last summer. It’s all nonsense to make us beleive we are going for decent targets.

They have known for months how much Sancho would cost and Dortmund set a deadline in August. These are facts. Surely at that point if we truly had £100m sat there waiting for him and he’s not obtainable you target other players. We haven’t done that at all.

This is all intentional to retain high levels of cash in the club.

.Phil1968

Another shambles of a transfer window, Ole must be pulling his hair out. Jesus we've even had our own players calling for new faces this time. Ole must know hes being set up to fail, in my opinion he has absolute no chance of finishing the season as our manager.

WPMUFC

Uruguay National Coach
"Edinson will not be called. He is in a low moment in terms of condition, in terms of fitness. When you consider the physical problems that have been a plague on his last years, and no competitive training or matches for many months, it will be a long time to rebuild. Of course he will never be the dominant, strong, fast player he was even with 30 or 31 years – but he can get to a better moment than he is now if he can rest without any more of the physical injuries that have taken so much"

"You have to remember that it is not just injuries or lack of competitive games, but this pandemic has interrupted his training regimen. He has not trained seriously for a long time. To compete, it is even longer. Of course, Cavani will be with us in 2022 in Qatar. He is an extremely major player and that has a big impact on my mind."
Woodward has done it again!!!! :lol: :lol: :(

MrSingh2002

So we needed LB, CB and RW.....

And we got a CM (VdB), RW (Pellestri?) and a CF (Cavani).

48 hours to get Telles and Sancho over the line.

If we get a CB too I'd say Woodward delivered.

Smalling and James to be only actual transfers out this week.

Leaving a lineup of

Henderson
AWB Bailly Maguire Telles
Pogba Matic
Sancho Fernandes Rashford
Martial

De Gea
Williams
Lindelof
McTominay
VdB
Pellestri
Cavani

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Wait for the “United now prioritizing the search for a sporting director” briefing after the deadline.

ShinjiNinja26

Cavani, Telles(eventually) and that young kid Pellistri will be our lot I think. Can see us panicking last minute and really pushing for Dembele but fail to get it over the line in time. How fecking depressing! :(

TheLord

Pathetic shambles. Plan my arse! The plan is to make fans think we are trying to get players in. Chasing a lost cause in Sancho ‘sorry fans we did try but they rejected our £100m offer’. Same thing happened with Dybala last summer. It’s all nonsense to make us beleive we are going for decent targets.

They have known for months how much Sancho would cost and Dortmund set a deadline in August. These are facts. Surely at that point if we truly had £100m sat there waiting for him and he’s not obtainable you target other players. We haven’t done that at all.

This is all intentional to retain high levels of cash in the club.
100% correct - I have been saying all along that the entire saga is a big fat United bluff when the real intention was to NOT spend big money in the summer.

Now we will surely see a few "paid" tweets/reports detailing that United did everything possible to get the transfer done including offering close to 120m, and yet Dortmund refused, so the plan is to go after him again in the winter!

And muppets will again buy that logic.

croadyman

100% correct - I have been saying all along that the entire saga is a big fat United bluff when the real intention was to NOT spend big money in the summer.

Now we will surely see a few "paid" tweets/reports detailing that United did everything possible to get the transfer done including offering close to 120m, and yet Dortmund refused, so the plan is to go after him again in the winter!

Definitely not buying that BS,same way I don't into this DOF crap that they like to put out after a bad result

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Totally agree.
The the thing is that we have a lot of very young fans who are still in their teens, so they believe the older guys in suits when they say that we will try again in the Winter.
At 45 years of age, I'm old enough to not fall for that BS.
MUFC wanted to take the cheap option. Get DVDB for a reasonable price and Cavani on a free transfer.

Timdbro

So we needed LB, CB and RW.....

And we got a CM (VdB), RW (Pellestri?) and a CF (Cavani).

48 hours to get Telles and Sancho over the line.

If we get a CB too I'd say Woodward delivered.

Smalling and James to be only actual transfers out this week.

Leaving a lineup of

Henderson
AWB Bailly Maguire Telles
Pogba Matic
Sancho Fernandes Rashford
Martial

De Gea
Williams
Lindelof
McTominay
VdB
Pellestri
Cavani
For all the talk of ungrateful young fans not being satisfied until we sign the biggest names for the biggest money, I think this is what grates the most about our transfer dealings - we have a knack for just neglecting painfully obvious needs for years on end.

It’s inexplicable, not once when all the fans have been clamouring for a decent signing in a position of need has the club’s decision not to address it looked any better in hindsight. Sometimes they actually have addressed it (e.g. Darmian at RB) and it hasn’t worked out, but that doesn’t mean signing someone was the wrong decision, just that the signing was the wrong one for whatever reason.

Our RW/RM has been inexistant since Valencia/Young got moved to FB basically. It’s obviously great news that Greenwood was able to make his way into the starting 11 last season, but we’re constantly having to talk about how it’s not his natural position, and how he’s hoping to evolve into a central striker. I can’t remember the last time we haven’t had to speak about players playing out of position / wondering where their best position is.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
So this summer:

VDB,
Telles,
Cavani

in for roughly 55 million.

Dalot (Loan)
Perriera (Loan)
Sanchez
Smalling

out for roughly 20 million?

TheLord

This is the worst transfer window in recent memory considering that we needed to strengthen after the positives of last season and that every single major rival has brought in one or two key players to improve their team.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
This is the worst transfer window in recent memory considering that we needed to strengthen after the positives of last season and that every single major rival has brought in one or two key players to improve their team.
It's really similar to the season Mourinho got second. I think it's just the same but even worse as you're not supposed to make the same mistake twice.

After all the fuzz about Ole doing the right things, steadying the ship on all matters.. really Ed is still just fecking around playing real life football manager in the weekends it seems. It's not always as easy as grabbing the players you want, but it's pretty clear the whole club, even the players and manager is sick of this.

Red_toad

So we buy a good midfielder who we can't fit into the team, a striker who needs service (that we're unable to provide) a leftback who isn't the best at defending and a young right winger who's untried at any level. Best window ever :lol:, you couldn't make this shite up.

hobbers

So we buy a good midfielder who we can't fit into the team, a striker who needs service (that we're unable to provide) a leftback who isn't the best at defending and a young right winger who's untried at any level. Best window ever :lol:, you couldn't make this shite up.
Obertan and Michael Owen all over again.

iHicksy

If at the start of the season you'd told me we'd be signing VDB, Cavani, Telles and then one of Dembele/Right winger. I would have been pretty content with that. However, that would only have been the case if we had signed them towards the start of the transfer window. Because, even though I don't agree with some of the players on that list and that there were better options that would fit our team I would at least know that the areas of weakness had been identified and the players, perhaps not first choice, but players on the list of targets had been signed.

However, it's clear to every manchester united fan and the entire rest of the world that this is simply not the case. We've literally gone out and bought, or attempted to buy the only players available at the last minute who we are hoping are of the required calibre. We know this for a fact, because barring dembele all of these players have been available for a long, long time. And not once did we make an attempt to sign them until the last few days of the window. So, even if these players are a success and i'd be surprised if they are. Then it doesn't cover up the fact that the people at the top (And i don't include Ole in this - because based on his previous signings I think he gave them a list along with the scouting department of the players they wanted and) Woodward/Judge simply failed - as usual.

Cavana - I don't know where to start with this one. No other club would pick him up, there's got to be a reason other than wages to this one. Reading the national team coaches comments are certainly very very worrying regarding his fitness. He was a fantastic striker a couple of seasons back and the only reason I can see us picking him up is that the initial shine of Igalho has worn off and he's been found out to be a player who's not good enough. So, we've taken a punt on Cavani. Again, if we were after a striker there are plenty of young strikers in the world that would provide rotation or backup to Martial. I would be surprised if Cavani has come here to be a sub, i'm sure he would have refused. He doesn't have much football left and needs to be playing. I imagine he might fight it out with Greenwood for the right sided attack position initially.

VDB - This was a weird one. By far the best signing and much better than Grealish for the price in my opinion. Ole has said he can play across the front three but he was promised he'd be played as a number 10. Yet, we don't seem to be playing that kind of system. He should be starting every game in my opinion. His clever passing and movement is what we need. We should be using a system that utilizes him. The signing of Cavani could indicate a shift in tactic to 2 up top and a ten behind. But I doubt it.

I know little of telles and have done a lot of research on Dembele in the past and what went wrong at barca but until he's our player, if he does become so then there's little point in commenting.

Jezpeza

If we get all that over the line before the end of tomorrow, that would be a fantastic window.
A relic striker, rotation lb and injury prone right winger who if he plays any good will not be ours next season? Not too sure

Godfather

That was my suspicion as well.

El-Manos

Disastrous window for us... The only signing that makes sense is Telles. VDB - although a decent player, was not a necessity, neither is Cavani. We have failed immensely. For me personally our worst transfer window in a long long time. Very disappointing. Starting CB, LB and RW was a must and the whole club knows it.

The Irish Connection

Disastrous window for us... The only signing that makes sense is Telles. VDB - although a decent player, was not a necessity, neither is Cavani. We have failed immensely. For me personally our worst transfer window in a long long time. Very disappointing. Starting CB, LB and RW was a must and the whole club knows it.
And all 3 of those could have been signed early: Upamecano - €45m release clause, Telles - €20m and Sancho €120m. Sell 4 or 5 players to make back €60m and get an extra €60m onto the loan that we took out. Next summer then would only require minimal investment. Director of football would have sorted that. Glazers and Woodward don’t want to lose control.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
You have to laugh, we're desperate for a first team senior right winger and instead we seem to be purchasing:

1. An 18 year old with 24mins of senior football to his name.
2. An 18 year old who plays in Uruguay with 2 senior goals to his name.

*slams head on desk*

Not to say these lads won't come good eventually, but i'll be staggered if they make an impact next season let alone this one. We're a ridiculous club with zero ambition right now.