Television Would I Lie To You?

Yagami

Good post resistant
I don't watch this much, but when I do I enjoy it. I was watching it with my brother last week and he made a good point about how they should maybe replace the two captains because they've probably used up all of their lies/truths by now.
:lol: something funny about including his beard with his wife and kid
:lol:

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Probably the only TV show going me and the missus make a point of watching when it goes out live, like the old days. Brilliant show, still as good as ever.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I don't watch this much, but when I do I enjoy it. I was watching it with my brother last week and he made a good point about how they should maybe replace the two captains because they've probably used up all of their lies/truths by now.
Oh yeah deffo. But they're so good for the show. To be fair, there's probably writers that sit down with guests and make stuff up with some of em anyway.

Amarsdd

but I think David and Lee defending some ridiculous lies is the best part of the show.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Oh yeah deffo. But they're so good for the show. To be fair, there's probably writers that sit down with guests and make stuff up with some of em anyway.
but I think David and Lee defending some ridiculous lies is the best part of the show.
That's true. They're part of the shows furniture now :D
Best panel show of all time. I think it even beats Whose line is it anyway? (with Drew Carey as host) for me.
I loved that show. Both the British and American versions. Ryan and Colin were so funny!
Yeah they're the best part of the show.

Apart from when Bob Mortimer is on, then they're the second best part.
I love Bob. Maybe they could make him a regular/captain if they do decide to freshen things up at some point? You can never have enough Mortimer in your life!

Amarsdd

Yeah they're the best part of the show.

Apart from when Bob Mortimer is on, then they're the second best part.
I love Bob Mortimer. I haven't seen a more naturally funny person in comedy. If you haven't already, check out the fishing show with Bob and Paul Whitehouse. Such a good bit of television.

Suv666

James Acaster is really funny as well. Not as funny as Mortimer obviously. Snipers dream, I'll never forget that...

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I think they’ve changed the system a little bit? At least it looks like David and Lee aren’t getting that much cards and are more focused on what they do best. Maybe it’s just the editing though, as they cut out the whole segments.

Speaking of which, who made the decision to cut out the stuff that was shown in the bonus episode? It was probably the best episode of this season!

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Also... double door. That was probably the most memorable failed joke attempt that I’ve seen. A total silence, not even a one laugh, and everyone is staring at Rob trying to make sense out of what he just said.

Amarsdd

I think they’ve changed the system a little bit? At least it looks like David and Lee aren’t getting that much cards and are more focused on what they do best. Maybe it’s just the editing though, as they cut out the whole segments.

Speaking of which, who made the decision to cut out the stuff that was shown in the bonus episode? It was probably the best episode of this season!
I suppose they would want every one of their guests have at lease one story in an episode. If they start doing just based on quality of the stories, whole episodes would be just based on Bob Mortimer or Rhod Gilbert or Claudia Winkleman or Greg Davies or James Acaster whenever one of them are on the show. Though I wouldn't complain.

Adcuth

James Acaster is really funny as well. Not as funny as Mortimer obviously. Snipers dream, I'll never forget that...
Hes got so many stories to offer too if you listen to all of his 'classic scrapes'

Amarsdd

Hes got so many stories to offer too if you listen to all of his 'classic scrapes'
those classic scrapes are hilarious but the reaction and laughter of Josh Widdicombe in the radio show pushes it up a notch.

Jack-C20

My favourite show by far. The chemistry between Lee, David and Rob is the best on TV. I think I’ve watched each highlights compilation on YouTube about 8 times. An episode with Bob Mortimer, Greg Davies, James Acaster and Rhod Gilbert would be unreal.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I don't know how to explain it but you can see that there is something off this season because of covid. There are times when the editing doesn't flow as well as it usually does but it's still the best panel show on tv. Mack and Mitchell are class together and they always surprise you with the guests they find with interesting/weird stories like Raj and his skiing/magic stuff.

prateik

This and taskmaster are the only shows I watch regularly..
QI is in there too.. but I dont wait for new episodes of that like I used to... still watch it all.

Oggmonster

I don't know how to explain it but you can see that there is something off this season because of covid. There are times when the editing doesn't flow as well as it usually does but it's still the best panel show on tv. Mack and Mitchell are class together and they always surprise you with the guests they find with interesting/weird stories like Raj and his skiing/magic stuff.
Yeah there is just sudden cuts. Also the audience bit throws me off when they show that to!

Siorac

My favourite show by far. The chemistry between Lee, David and Rob is the best on TV. I think I’ve watched each highlights compilation on YouTube about 8 times. An episode with Bob Mortimer, Greg Davies, James Acaster and Rhod Gilbert would be unreal.
It's been years but I'm still laughing at Sergeant Bytheway.

Amarsdd

This sounded good til you mentioned him. Most unfunny bloke on tv for me
I don't know what tv he's on. I only know of him from his podcasts, those classic scrapes and taskmaster, and I like him in all of them.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
This and taskmaster are the only shows I watch regularly..
QI is in there too.. but I dont wait for new episodes of that like I used to... still watch it all.
QI was essential TV with Stephen Fry. I still watch every episode but I find myself getting easily distracted by my phone/laptop. Toksvig just isn't the same and the standard of the guests has plummeted.

decorativeed

I was absolutely aghast with Alex Jones's (no, not that one, the Welsh TV presenter) story this week. Did anyone see it?

Basically she claimed that she had destroyed an irreplacable historical object that a museum had brought in for the One Show. Turned out it was true - she'd spilled green tea all over a letter written by King George!

I can relate to this story as I not only work for a museum, but have taken historical objects to various places to be used in a TV or radio show. You carefully plan it out before you arrive, tell the production people exactly what is expected of them and what they can and can't do. Invariably, these messages either never make it to the 'talent' or are completely ignored by them. As soon as you're out of shot or they are live on air, anything goes. I've sat in Chris Evans' studio at the BBC while he vigourously and repeatedly shook an irreplacable object. I had to repremand Martin Freeman for kissing an object as soon as I turned my back on it. Gladly, none of these things caused any permenant damage, but I absolutely hate dealing with these type of things because of the worry that some TV star could cost me my job.

Loon

I’ve never watched a full episode, but is this CALL MY BLUFF on steroids?

Tigersam

Supports
Arsenal
David Mitchell manages to be on TV all the time without being the least bit annoying. Rob Brydon too.

Lee is slightly annoying, but he's quite good in this.
I was shocked to see his Not Going Out wife 'playing away' recently with that dick from Love Actually in 'Beyond Paradise' - feel sad for him.