g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Would Pep/Tuchel win the title with the current United squad and Ole with the current City/Chelsea squad?

CG1010

True in some way. If Ole won the League or big Cups in any season before, the last 3 games wouldn't make any different.
While it would make a difference with some people who are looking at actual facts, with most people it is like partisan camps and unless a manager does really bad (like Mou in his last season) or wins the PL, I don't have hopes of fanbase uniting over this.

MichaelRed

Who are they?
He'd be better off playing Pogba out left so he can be closer to the forwards and playing Matic & DVB in midfield like he did in pre-season where they were spot on. They also played well in the 2 or 3 times they were played together last season. The idea that we need busy bodies buzzing around, lashing the ball here there and everywhere is mental and our deep midfielders end up giving the ball away more often than they win it.

SAFMUTD

Hypothetical scenario so obviously cant say for sure, but if I was a betting man I'd say Pep and Tuchel would have a significantly better chance to do it, while I dont think Ole would with City nevermind Chelsea.

MichaelRed

You aren’t willing us to do badly with the best squad we’ve had in years are you?

Come on man, we’ve even got Ronaldo coming…
Hell no, I hope we win the lot. I just think that like you said, we've got the best squad we've had in years and so now if we do fail there will be no more excuses for people to make and shelter Ole with. How the squad and mood has been turned around is great but he was never brought in with the intention of being a permanent fix and the same goes for the coaching staff that came along with him. It's clear that people enjoy themselves and get on with each other but we need more than that to challenge against the top teams and coaches in the PL today.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
While it would make a difference with some people who are looking at actual facts, with most people it is like partisan camps and unless a manager does really bad (like Mou in his last season) or wins the PL, I don't have hopes of fanbase uniting over this.
:lol: Yeh agreed. Anyway, this is just a thought exercising, with no obvious answer, man.

I Am Zlatan

Klopp, and Tuchel would. I don’t think Pep would. Ole wouldn’t with all three teams. I hope I’m wrong.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
You think the club made him re-sign Mata? Jones isn't his fault and I wouldn't hold that atrocious contract against anyone. But yes, lingard would be shipped out by almost any other manager with how far down he is in the squad. Even if we have to pay some od his wages
So anwer the question. Sell Lingard to West Ham. Give the recepie

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He'd be better off playing Pogba out left so he can be closer to the forwards and playing Matic & DVB in midfield like he did in pre-season where they were spot on. They also played well in the 2 or 3 times they were played together last season. The idea that we need busy bodies buzzing around, lashing the ball here there and everywhere is mental and our deep midfielders end up giving the ball away more often than they win it.
It's a preseason, we just loaned out preseason Pirlo, that's how useful they are to judge the performance. Matic is not mobile and he messes up the balance of the team even more than Pogba in midfield 2. He is not mobile, drops too deep and always releases the ball late, taking too many touches.

Well de Beek is becoming better player every week he isn't playing.

CG1010

:lol: Yeh agreed. Anyway, this is just a thought exercising, with no obvious answer, man.
I like your question and its a good point to debate but bemoaning the shallow nature of answers you are likely to get.

MichaelRed

It's a preseason, we just loaned out preseason Pirlo, that's how useful they are to judge the performance. Matic is not mobile and he messes up the balance of the team even more than Pogba in midfield 2. He is not mobile, drops too deep and always releases the ball late, taking too many touches.

Well de Beek is becoming better player every week he isn't playing.
How the hell can you actually say Donny is becoming better by not playing? Matic isn't as mobile as Fred, but he doesn't need to be. If Matic gives the ball away twice a game and wins it back 5 times a game then that is far better than mobile Fred buzzing around winning it back 10 times and giving it away 20 times.

Flytan

So anwer the question. Sell Lingard to West Ham. Give the recepie
Moronic analogy aside, West Ham have been reported to be interested in Lingard all summer, not my job to try to sell him, it's Ole's and Manchester United. If they pay even 10% of his wages at this point, he should be gone.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
How the hell can you actually say Donny is becoming better by not playing? Matic isn't as mobile as Fred, but he doesn't need to be. If Matic gives the ball away twice a game and wins it back 5 times a game then that is far better than mobile Fred buzzing around winning it back 10 times and giving it away 20 times.
When he became our best CM or one of our best CM. It's the usual "player who isn't playing is better than the player who is playing" syndrome.

Yeah this is 2021 and Matic is shit.

Kag

Everyone always makes excuses for Ole but at the end of the day we've sat and watched over 2 years of McFred, he doesn't even pick his best midfielders at the club - including one he spent nearly 40m on. Ole is clearly so far out of his depths and thankfully this season should be the one to finally expose that so we can move on from this mediocrity.
Ah, the classic making excuses line which completely avoids all semblance of debate surrounding the actual issues that posters quite rightly being to the table: the midfield not being good enough for one. It isn’t an excuse. It’s just a reality of the team’s current issues and one worthy of discussion.

I’m not going to engage with you any more as you strike me as a bit daft. Having reservations regarding Ole is reasonable but the suggestion that he is ‘out of his depth’ is simply bollocks and not remotely linked to reality.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I am quite impressed with Chelsea side, he would improve us I think. Pep - I have doubts, his teams always play the same game and we have only 3 players who would fit (Varane, Maguire, Shaw). Pep would go bald again watching our forwards "pressing".

City look like a finished team so yeah I think Ole could win it. In Chelsea I don't think so.

passing-wind

Tuchel would, attacking wise I'd say United have the better forward players. Chelsea can still improve in a few positions whereas I think we are seeing Ole take the team the farthest he can. That's not a slight on the players but rather the capabilities of the manager.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Moronic analogy aside, West Ham have been reported to be interested in Lingard all summer, not my job to try to sell him, it's Ole's and Manchester United. If they pay even 10% of his wages at this point, he should be gone.
Im asking because you say things like they solve themselves. So go ahead, you obviously have the answer. Based in reality please

mancan92

I am quite impressed with Chelsea side, he would improve us I think. Pep - I have doubts, his teams always play the same game and we have only 3 players who would fit (Varane, Maguire, Shaw). Pep would go bald again watching our forwards "pressing".

City look like a finished team so yeah I think Ole could win it. In Chelsea I don't think so.
City don't have a striker and play their former striker at rw with no left back. How is that a finished side?

Sure I'm not saying he couldn't but I'm not sure since he has not had to win a trophy in a situation where he has strong opposition. Let's see how he does this season.
Definitely league is a different proposition. I’d say all top managers, and all managers exceeding expectations with what they have develop a team that is more valuable than the sum of its parts. But the ultimate master of this at the top end is Klopp.

That’s probably my main criticism of Ole, our team is better than the sum of its parts and individually we have one of the most valuable, both in cost and talent, teams in Europe

Jibbs

United has the best starting XI in the EPL, there is absolutely no excuses left for Ole, his fanboys and his friends in the media. United can easily with the league if they had a half decent manager.

Someone

Something
I feel that Ole has done a great job getting us here, as not even all the top managers are capable of rebuilding squads. He got rid of most of the deadwood, and you could tell that the team spirit hasn't been better since Fergie.

I also think it's fair to say that his game management isn't great, and it's so obvious the players aren't coached to handle some situations, like how we react when pressed sometimes.

I think he can survive not being great at that, but maybe he needs to have a better team around him.

I feel we're the closest we've ever been to a title challenge in 8 years, but I wouldn't put my money on it because Chelsea, Liverpool and City clearly have better managers. I think this will be his last season, and I hope I'm proven wrong.

dinostar77

Tuchel and Guardiola would win with this sqaud. Ole wouldnt win with city or chelsea squad as hes still unproven and yet to deliver a major trophy.

CM

Neither of them are winning a title with this midfield. McTominay and Fred are functional at best, and finishing 2nd with them as regulars in the side is our ceiling.

Every man and his dog could've told you we need a midfielder this transfer window, and I'm under no illusions that Ole feels the same way. One injury to McTominay is all it takes to look pathetic against the likes of Wolves and Southampton. It's hugely disappointing that this looks like it will go unresolved when the rest of the team looks capable of challenging.

MichaelRed

Neither of them are winning a title with this midfield. McTominay and Fred are functional at best, and finishing 2nd with them as regulars in the side is our ceiling.

Every man and his dog could've told you we need a midfielder this transfer window, and I'm under no illusions that Ole feels the same way. One injury to McTominay is all it takes to look pathetic against the likes of Wolves and Southampton. It's hugely disappointing that this looks like it will go unresolved when the rest of the team looks capable of challenging.
McTominay doesn't make us any better in either of our last 2 games. He's almost as poor as Fred. The only reason we battered Leeds is because of how open Leeds play. McTominay offers no creative spark or defensive prowess. We need a top class signing & probably also a decent back-up otherwise you're spot on, it'd take a miracle to win a title with our midfield.

CM

McTominay doesn't make us any better in either of our last 2 games. He's almost as poor as Fred. The only reason we battered Leeds is because of how open Leeds play. McTominay offers no creative spark or defensive prowess. We need a top class signing & probably also a decent back-up otherwise you're spot on, it'd take a miracle to win a title with our midfield.
He doesn't make us a great deal better on the ball, no, which is why we need a new midfielder. We don't get played through as though the midfield doesn't exist though - Traore had the whole pitch at his mercy if he bypassed Fred yesterday. Against Southampton Matic and Fred was dreadful as well, that pairing should never see the light of day again.

Crashoutcassius

Hmmm thats tough I think maube Touchel but mot Pep as we dont have the players to suit Peps way of playing but I think Touchel would. As for Ole it depends if he has favourites he refuses to drop while having quality on the bench like now then no he wouldnt thats Oles one big fault for me he needsto drop players off form and play ones that need game time and a chance! Fed/VDB being the biggest example.
Tuchel got less points than arteta from when he arrived last season. Fine he got a cl and they played so well, really impressive. But he hasn't proven anything in the league. I'd be shocked if they were near 90pts this season, which seems to be where you need to be to win the league in. This age

McTerminator

Any other manager on the planet would have yeeted the likes of James, Mata, Lingard etc & gone all in for a DM and then yes, they'd have won the league.
Funny, we have had three managers before Ole who didn’t do that. Go figure.

Dominos

Pep has a way of playing that's very particular so he'd probably want to make wholesale changes before he was happy with what he's got to work with.

Klopp/Tuchel I think would have a much better chance of winning the league with this squad.

mav_9me

I think whether it's Pep, Conte, Tuchel, Klopp or whoever... they would prioritise the signing of a very good DM and then put a very strong title challenge.

I can't tell if they would win it, cause you never know. But they certainly could win it.

I think Pep is the least likely to make it work, because he needs specific players to work his style. Apart form the DM, the RB and GK will not suit him either and he would change those too. But I think with this team and good DM Conte would be the most likely to win it.
Couldn't agree more with you. They would all get a DM.

Not a fan of Conte's style but yeah he would definitely challenge with this squad with an additional CM.

DoneDaDa

Supports
Toronto FC
Tuchel would improve a lot on the team no doubt. Pep would easily walk the league, I find it funny people even question this.