Would we ever avenge the 7-0 in our lifetime?

ABC of Football

Thinking about the factor of humiliation. I don't see how a 4-3 away loss at Old Trafford compares to a 7-0 slaying.

You are absolutely allowed to.
Think about the hurt.

Klopp’s farewell tour, 120th minute goal, Liverpool were 3-2 up only to lose it in the final minutes. Knocked out the cup. This has hurt them.

Grande

Can’t help but post this here as well (ExG):

Liverpool - Man Utd 2.46 - 0.55
Man Utd - Liverpool 2.81 - 0.65

Aggregate:

Man Utd - Liverpool 3.36 - 3.11

Which two games?

Giggsy13

A very interesting metric would be finding out how many Liverpool fans would happily change the 7-0 to 1-0 if they could have won 4-3 at OT on Sunday in the same fashion that we did.

Be very surprised if many scousers would keep the 7-0
A lot of them are too thick to appreciate the history and would rather keep the 7-0. I’d rather keep our domination of them in the FA cup firmly intact. The 2024 epic can now be added to 99 and 77.

Kellyiom

I would much rather have seven 1-0 wins than one 7-0.
That's kind of my thoughts on it. I guess it's unlikely that I will see a 7-0 reversal in my lifetime but if we get a properly equipped PL-challenging squad over multiple seasons and fulfill that potential, it won't matter, it will look like an aberration.

But we have to do better, not just go close. Need to sustain it, actually win the league and then successfully defend a title. It's a big ask but if we don't aim for it, it'll never happen by accident.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Thinking about the factor of humiliation. I don't see how a 4-3 away loss at Old Trafford compares to a 7-0 slaying.

You are absolutely allowed to.
Meh, I didn’t feel that humiliated tbh. It was a freak game where suddenly every shot started going in and then we lost our heads.

If you said both of these results or none of them I’d take both. The 4-3 has given me 20 times the joy than the 7-0 gave me grief.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
bragging rights, no.

feeling at full time, yes.

WitchWithoutACat

I mean I still remember the 8-2 over Arsenal and what a win that was, but if we beat them in a knockout game to progress, it matters more.

Fine memories but I'd rather take a last gasp cup win over a thumping. At 4-0, you start to tune out a little bit I think. Winning in the last minute in a knock out game will always feel superior to me.

Winrar

Scoreline wise probably no, and you'd be lying to yourself it you believed it wasn't a humiliation. But what's done is done, every club goes through these beatings and will have to live with the banter - Liverpool themselves shipped 7 against Villa right after their title winning season, and conceded 6 to Stoke in Gerrard's final game for them. Just sucks for us extra because of the rivalry factor but again, we'll learn to live with it.

The last minute cup win against Liverpool is more than cathartic enough for me.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
You'll always get these big whopping defeats, even freak ones. 7-0 and 5-0 v Liverpool. 6-1 v City at home. Heck, didn't we even lose 6-1 at home to Tottenham for goodness sake after going 1-0 up.

Yes the last 2 had first half sendings off that massively skewed it, but they don't really matter any more than losing 1-0.

We won the title when we lost 6-3, 5-0 and 2-1 over 3 games on year to Southampton, Newcastle and Chelsea.
And actually finished higher than Liverpool despite that 7-0 that year, so the big picture is always the one that matters.

Woziak

Win tomorrow and detail their PL title onslaught and that’s 2 Wins and draw against Klipperty Klop will send them to the Gallows, alas I fear a 1-4 incoming and Eric final stand cone to an end!