Would we ever avenge the 7-0 in our lifetime?

Xaviboy

If we don't sort out our midfield before Friday I think we are going to have a couple more hammerings this season to witness.

Von Mistelroum

There's very little chance of this and here's why: the Glazers. They're going nowhere and they have absolutely no idea how to run the club from the footballing side.

This is why we are struggling in so many ways. Why we can only target players that the manager is aware of, and why there's no real plan when it comes to bringing in players, selling players, youth provision etc. There can never be any real focus at the club level, only at the manager level and that's not close to good enough, regardless of who the manager might be.

For these reasons, we'll struggle for many years to come. Likely until the children of the current owners get sick of dealing with it and decide to sell one day in the distant future. As things stand, we'll have a few similar hidings this season. It only takes a clanger from Onana, a poor performance from a couple of our more panic-prone players and a few injuries (which there will be plenty of) to see us rattled and capitulating to most teams in the league. I would bet on at least a handful of 4-6 goal losses this season. Possibly starting with our next match.

erikcred

Me and my son won’t forget in a hurry - we were in the Anfield Road end and had to watch the humiliation unfold and then leave their dump of a city afterwards. Painful experiences such as this are not easily forgotten….
Don't worry, according to some posters here, it was just like losing any 3 points and we ended up getting top 4 while Liverpool didn't. Try telling your son this. Should definitely make him feel better.

m1tch

We've next to no control over whether we do or don't. There used to be an expression of "form goes out of the window for a derby", except where United are concerned these days. Its been a rare occurrence when we've raised our game to get a result against a better rival, it certainly doesn't feel anywhere near as regular as when Liverpool and City got the better of us in one off games when we were well on top in the league.

El Zoido

Don't worry, according to some posters here, it was just like losing any 3 points and we ended up getting top 4 while Liverpool didn't. Try telling your son this. Should definitely make him feel better.
Surely you know it’s just cope. But also, what are we supposed to do? It was awful but you have to move on.

ElDiabloRojo

They will bring up the 7-0 forever. It will never be forgotten. They enjoyed that more instead of finishing in the top 4 for one season.

hobbers

Only winning the title over Liverpool on the last day of the season would erase it.

erikcred

Surely you know it’s just cope. But also, what are we supposed to do? It was awful but you have to move on.
Of course it shouldn't give you sleepless nights or anything, but saying it meant the same as any other defeat or that we got top 3 so we got the last laugh is just childish. This is a special fixture. Even before that match if you offered these same people the reverse result against any team of their choosing who do you think they'd pick? West brom?

Cans&Bans

Who cares.
I do. Being at Anfield that day makes it the worst experience of my life (football wise) and I left at 4-0. Could hear them cheering the 5th goal and I was on the bus back to town when the 6th & 7th went in.
It hurt a lot and it's a result I'll never get over. So yeah, I care. And I'm sure many more do

IRELANDUNITED

If they ended up having a better season than us it would have hurt and would have needed avenging, but they didn’t.

Which makes the result essentially irrelevant.

Cans&Bans

If they ended up having a better season than us it would have hurt and would have needed avenging, but they didn’t.

Which makes the result essentially irrelevant.
you CANNOT say losing 7-0 to that mob irrelevant.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Got over it very quickly because I'm far too old to care about football results that much.

Was shite at the time, but ended up having no relevance to ours or their league standing.

SirScholes

I do. Being at Anfield that day makes it the worst experience of my life (football wise) and I left at 4-0. Could hear them cheering the 5th goal and I was on the bus back to town when the 6th & 7th went in.
It hurt a lot and it's a result I'll never get over. So yeah, I care. And I'm sure many more do
Means feck all now

we achieved our goals
They missed all theirs

rk4utd

I know - these results stick. I still remember beating city 5-0 in 1994/5 to avenge the 5-0 from 1989/90. We went on to lose the league and the cup final in 95 - but beating City 5-0 was still oh so sweet after the debacle at Maine Road 5 years earlier. I still remember the taunting.

i don’t expect our current team to avenge the 7-0 beating - in fact I’m dreading December 16th (or 17th) 2023 already!

Robertd0803

We will be lucky to get any sort of positive result at Anfield, let alone avenging anything.

Our most dominant performance at Anfield in my memory (Juanfield) still had us scrapping a 2-1 win.

GazTheLegend

The Scouser fans I know barely mention it because they're not stupid, it was a freak result and they didn't really deserve it based on the run of the game anyway but whatever. Does that 8-2 win against Arsenal still feel relevant today, coming up to playing vs them? No, it doesn't, and only small time fans care about one result in the grand scheme of things. The second most important result is always the last game you played, the most important is the next one.

tomaldinho1

The Scouser fans I know barely mention it because they're not stupid, it was a freak result and they didn't really deserve it based on the run of the game anyway but whatever. Does that 8-2 win against Arsenal still feel relevant today, coming up to playing vs them? No, it doesn't, and only small time fans care about one result in the grand scheme of things. The second most important result is always the last game you played, the most important is the next one.
Its a good point, the 8-2 means so little. I'd much rather knock them out of a cup 1-0 that we go on and win than beat them 7-0 in the league

erikcred

Strange that a big time fan thinks that Arsenal's rivalry with us is as big as ours with the scouse.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
It's funny when we were 1-0 up and had a bunch of chances, it did cross my mind that we could smash them today. But I'll take a last minute epic winner any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Ibi Dreams

Obviously a 7-0 win is miles more humiliating for the other team, but a win like this feels better, doesn't it?

pauldyson1uk

That for me has wiped out the 7-0 , all they got was 3 points and we finished ahead of them in the PL anyway, this has stopped them winning a trophy. :D brought an end to the fecking Klopp farewell tour bullshit

always_hoping

Today was the real 7 goal thriller. United into the semi final with their result, Liverpool finished 5th after that result last season.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Give me that in the ground over a humiliation personally. Next to those twats today, it was beautiful.

When you get tanked there's noone there.