Would you rather sign Mbappe or Kane?

tentan

Poor man's poster.
If United could only sign one which would you pick?

Mbappe
A lot more years left in him.

Kane
Premier League proven. Would probably suit Ten Hags style more maybe?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Mbappe.

Kane is tactically possibly a better fit but Mbappe both is and will go on to be a much much better player. Plus he’s younger and doesn’t have a ticking clock of past-it-ness.

Assuming both would be highly interested of course.

Last edited:

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I pick the turtle any day of the weak

Theonas

Scout
Mbappé could and should win few Balon d'Ors in the next 10 years. Kane is amazing but even the best of his type like Benzema or Lewandowski never reach those heights. Mbappé is the talent of this generation.

Keiro

Kane 100%. Mbappe will be Ronaldo 2.0. What we need is to build a TEAM, last thing we need is egos. We’re well stacked in his favoured position and while he might be the best of his generation he’s clearly a disrupter. Remember Pogba? Plus, he’ll be itching for Madrid after a year or two.

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
mbappe..easy. Would take Arsenal to the next level. Man that would be fun. I would easily trade that Rice money in for him.

croadyman

Mbappe,however he will join Real whether that's later this summer or more likely next year

L1nk

Mbappe is the better player so it's easy to choose him but we'd just be adding another left forward into a squad stacked with them, meaning Garnacho is basically pointless and Rashford isn't as good at 9 and ETH doesn't play with 9's like Rashford anyway primarily, he's only been there this season out of sheer need.

Kane is the better choice in terms of adhereing to what ETH actually wants out of his squad and how he wants us to play football judging from his past exploits. It would be better overall for the team and the squad to have Kane.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
How's this a fair question?

Kane's best is behind him. At the very best he could maintain his game and that's a big ask. Very few players dont decline post 30 especially strikers. But... Zlatan, Ronaldo? I'd argue they work hard to hold back the declining process, some get by by using their experience but pound for pound you dont somehow turn back the year

If we buy Kane we'd be lucky to get 2 years kf the same Kane we're buying and before long we would have to write off 100M asset. He'd be 33 and i doubt he could play 50 games a season... We'd be back to square one all over again.

It's not like our team is ready to compete and Kane is the missing link. Far fron it.

Teja

Just the fact that this thread exists is why you shouldn't take the Caf seriously. How the hell do you all underrate fecking Mbappe this much?

Red Rash

As a player Mbappe is better, younger and has room to still grow.

However for our current team I would go for Kane as I don't see how we could sign Mbappe and still have funds to get players in the other areas of the team that we need GK, CM and CB. With Kane you feel there is still room to invest in other positions too.

As an example if we could sign Costa, Min-Jae, Mount and Kane I think we would have a much more impactful window than just signing Mbappe.

If we could get Mbappe and the rest then obviously I'd go for him

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
For United - this is a daft question. Mbappe is your man.

For us too, Mbappe. But I'll go with Kane just for the incredible meltdowns we would witness when we unveiled at a surprise press conference with Arteta giving him a big kiss for the front page.

amolbhatia50k

Kane 100%. Mbappe will be Ronaldo 2.0. What we need is to build a TEAM, last thing we need is egos. We’re well stacked in his favoured position and while he might be the best of his generation he’s clearly a disrupter. Remember Pogba? Plus, he’ll be itching for Madrid after a year or two.
He’ll be young Ronaldo 2.0

amolbhatia50k

As a player Mbappe is better, younger and has room to still grow.

However for our current team I would go for Kane as I don't see how we could sign Mbappe and still have funds to get players in the other areas of the team that we need GK, CM and CB. With Kane you feel there is still room to invest in other positions too.

As an example if we could sign Costa, Min-Jae, Mount and Kane I think we would have a much more impactful window than just signing Mbappe.

If we could get Mbappe and the rest then obviously I'd go for him
Mbappe is so much better I think it negates cost gap. And let’s be honest here Kane will cost an arm and a leg too despite being closer to over the hill than entering his prime. For me Mbappe is the kind of player if you can get - you sell a few players for or you structuring payments in a certain manner for. I don’t think anyone thinks Mbappe = big titles. He’s good but he’s not among the greatest ever. But he’s of a certain quality that your club only gets to sign once every 20-30 years that too only if you’re an elite club.

Teja

Who did underrate him ?
I mean Mbappe because he's younger or caveats around tactical fit. It's ridiculous, he'd walk into any team in the world. Literally any side in the world would happily get rid of their best player to get Mbappe. I guess I say any side but maybe Haaland's just the only exception but I think even then City would rather have Mbappe than Haaland.

Red Rash

Mbappe is so much better I think it negates cost gap. And let’s be honest here Kane will cost an arm and a leg too despite being closer to over the hill than entering his prime. For me Mbappe is the kind of player if you can get - you sell a few players for or you structuring payments in a certain manner for. I don’t think anyone thinks Mbappe = big titles. He’s good but he’s not among the greatest ever. But he’s of a certain quality that your club only gets to sign once every 20-30 years that too only if you’re an elite club.
The cost of the player is one thing but his wages are also insane. I think any potential deal for Mbappe would consist of a total financial package (transfer fee + signing on fee + wages) hugely in excess of Kane. If it didn't prohibit other transfer activity of course I'd prefer Mbappe but if it did I'd take Kane instead.

Obviously totally theoretical as there is a good chance we end up with neither :lol:

Valencia Shin Crosses

Just the fact that this thread exists is why you shouldn't take the Caf seriously. How the hell do you all underrate fecking Mbappe this much?
I have no idea. This shouldn’t even be given a second thought.

“Would you rather sign the best player in the world that’s only 24, or a very good prem striker that’s about to turn 30?” Like what are we doing

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I mean Mbappe because he's younger or caveats around tactical fit. It's ridiculous, he'd walk into any team in the world. Literally any side in the world would happily get rid of their best player to get Mbappe. I guess I say any side but maybe Haaland's just the only exception but I think even then City would rather have Mbappe than Haaland.
Seeing as he prefers to be a LWF, I think him and Haaland would play together. Grealish would find his ass on the bench.

Pickle85

If it's assumed that mbop would stick around for the entirety of whatever contract we tied him then clearly him. In reality, he'd probably get pissed off and unsettled after a season or two and start agitating for a move.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Threads like this will look fuuny when we actually end up with Ings.

AndySmith1990

I'd be delighted with either. But given the choice I'd choose Mbappe. In reality we'll sign neither of them so it doesn't really matter what our preference is

Zoid

Not the capricious Mbappe. In any case, in a year or two he will escape to Madrid.