Would you rather win the FA cup and keep Ten Hag or lose, sack Ten Hag?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
A big club like ours cannot keep a manager purely due to an FA cup win. Obviously I want us to win it.

FootballAI

What if it was a 5-0 win against City? I'd extend his contract immediately.
What about 4-0? If only 3-0 then sack him anyway. In theory it is still possible if City get 2 red cards in the 1st half, but I wouldn't count on us winning if only 1 red card though.

lsd

The Oracle
It's not an option. Champions league qualification is the minimum we should be aiming for and Ten Hag totally failed at that.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
What if it was a 5-0 win against City? I'd extend his contract immediately.
This is why fan opinion has a bad rep. This is no way to run a corner shop, let alone a club worth billions.

For what it's worth, I'd choose the FA cup and sack the incompetent liar.

Scottynaldinho

Yeah, hopefully we do just that.

What would you be hoping for in the game against Arsenal, if beating them hands City the title? Out of interest.
I wouldn't mind if we lose to Arsenal if it means City doesn't win the league. This idea that football is about just winning every game is ridiculous.

Rista

Terrible thread. Anyone who wants to lose should go support Arsenal.
And yet many wouldn't mind losing to Arsenal if it meant it screws City over. Which does make sense given the circumstances.

People are getting overly emotional over a hypothetical question. What if we made the question more silly and asked would you pick winning the FA cup now and having the same players next season or losing the final and selling most of them, including the likes of Rashford, and have a refresh of the squad with new signings under the new structure? That's basically all this question is. Asking if you believe Ten Hag staying for another year would be doing enough damage that in the long run we would be better off not winning a domestic cup. I would say that's probably true, but good thing is we don't have to actually wish any of that because winning the cup will not save him.

Shinjch

Would rather win the FA Cup.

If the decision makers at the club are going to make head coach decisions based on the outcome of one game then we are in for big trouble regardless of who is in the dugout.

NLunited

Would rather win the FA Cup.

If the decision makers at the club are going to make head coach decisions based on the outcome of one game then we are in for big trouble regardless of who is in the dugout.
Exactly.

Bondi77

I have always loved the FA Cup so I would absolutely love us to win it and stopping Citeh doing the double would make it even better.

Westerkerk

As others have said, if the decision to keep/sack ETH is based off one game alone, then the little faith I have in the ownership of this club, and any optimism I had around INEOS would be gone fast.

As a football fan I would like to see my team win, and enjoy the moment - so there's that.

Westerkerk

I wouldn't mind if we lose to Arsenal if it means City doesn't win the league. This idea that football is about just winning every game is ridiculous.
Is that actually your opinion. Like, for real?

The idea that someone who supports a team which is taking part in an organised sporting event might want them to win is ridiculous?

Not everything in life has to be so complicated that it serves some higher purpose. The idea of wanting to lose games to force through the sacking of a manager you don't like is more ridiculous to me - there should be a much bigger, wider picture considered when making that decision, and most likely is, so let's support the club we supposedly follow and let whatever process happens happen.

tomaldinho1

Anyone not choosing the cup is broken.
Yeah it's really weird. I would kind of get it, if this were Moyes and we hadn't been burnt so many times, but have we that many goldfish on here that they still believe in this idea of a manager coming in and things just being magically better immediately? The FA cup is a legit trophy and we haven't won it for nearing a decade (15/16).

Lots of fans seem to get confused with the idea of supporting a club versus supporting a manager or a player (or just being right on a football forum). I get that you might think 'it's in the best interests of the club for ETH to leave' but A) you don't know that as you don't know how a replacement would do and B) that doesn't mean you turn down a bloody trophy to find out. I'd think this even if it were the League Cup and that's not even a big trophy.

ETH will be sacked if Ineos deem him not good enough, that likely is going to be this summer in my opinion but there's a slim chance they think the club is in such a state that he deserves to start next season. Even in that latter scenario, if he's not good enough, he will be gone in short order so calm down if you want him gone asap, you're either wrong and he will do well (good for you) or he will be gone in a few months max (also good for you). In the meantime, I want the FA cup.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Talking about yourself eh?
I support my team, there are no circumstances where I would contemplate not winning a game to suit any particular agenda or outcome, unlike some on this forum

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
And the idea of losing a game so another team doesn't win the league is even more ridiculous

Krakenzero

Supports
Santiago Wanderers
So what's football about? Just out of interest.

TheLord

Ideal situation: Sack him, win the Cup
Less ideal: Sack him, don't win the Cup
Unacceptable: Don't sack him, win or lose the Cup

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Trophies are trophies and the players need to get their hands on as many as possible, especially at a time when there's cheats like 115 Charges F.C. around.

There is only one correct answer.

Bright_Eyes

I support my team, there are no circumstances where I would contemplate not winning a game to suit any particular agenda or outcome, unlike some on this forum
What if aliens were gonna kill your gran's dog if United win though

AndyMUFC

I am pretty much Ten Hag out because I’m bored stiff of watching us this season, but no chance would I want to sacrifice winning a trophy against City for it. No point watching football if you would.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
What if aliens were gonna kill your gran's dog if United win though
My Gran's are long gone, and TBH one had the most evil dog you ever met and the other one's dog was technically mine - long story!

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
I mean I want Ten Hag to stay on until Berrada, Ashworth (or who ever comes in instead) and Wilcox have there feet firmly under the table have had the chance to assess the club and formulate a plan to turn it around and stop pissing 100's of millions away every summer.

So id rather win the FA Cup